Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 26
Are women more attractive to men that are takenPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Oh my goodness! Such sweet words, Mr. Flman! I feel a swoon coming on!
Gifts of rare jewels and proffered words of the sweetest nectar.....could this....could this be....love?

I dare not think of what will be next as I am not sure my heart could withstand it!

****have a feeling that it might be a pm stating that you have gone on ahead to Bogota to oversee the mining process of my "gota de aceite" emeralds. And some tragic event or another has occurred in the process requiring the government to impose unforeseen fees.....and you need my assistance.....temporarily, of course. Am I close? :D
 HawkingJr
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Are women more attractive to men that are taken
Posted: 3/25/2016 7:33:42 AM
I was never more popular among the ladies than the two years I was dating my ex-girlfriend. Seems like I was flirted with, hit on and told “If you weren’t dating her…” almost every time we went somewhere. But while dating other women, that wasn’t my experience at all. So in my case, at least, I don’t think it had much to do with me being more confident or not having the stench of desperation on me. Rather, I think it was just because my ex-girlfriend had a whole bunch of young, attractive, flirty friends and acquaintances that were always around us. I dated one woman with hardly any female friends for nearly as long and I don’t think I got hit on once during that entire time period.

But this, of course, is 100% true:

“And once I'm available, they're not.”

Yeah, it’s so odd how all those flirty women that would date me if I wasn’t with my girlfriend disappeared from the face of the earth as soon as we broke up, isn’t it?
 south_city
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/25/2016 7:41:41 AM

Happens w/ both genders- many people see those who have partners as more desirable

Maybe it's true for some people. Not me though. I never became more attracted or interested in a woman when I found out she was taken. I backed off.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/25/2016 10:35:57 AM
For the most part men will back away from a woman that is taken.

This is not my nature, I stick with the woman I'm with. I can not be bother with such for in the long run it creates drama.

Anyway, if I ever find myself single again, maybe I should just say I'm seeing someone. I might have better luck. Just a thought.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/25/2016 12:53:39 PM

For the most part men will back away from a woman that is taken.

This is not my nature, I stick with the woman I'm with.

This is not your nature? You mean that as per your previous sentence men will back away from a woman that is taken?

Hehehe.

During the dating stage I think it's fair and square to pursue whomever you want to pursue. But once in a relationship. I prefer to be completely about my relationship.
 ndm147
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/25/2016 2:54:01 PM
I had a male friend who was divorced and preferred women already in a relationship (married or committed to another man) because he did not have to commit to them. He did not want to be tied down. He was a player at that point.

Maybe I will start wearing my wedding ring again and see if that gets me more male attention. But I am not married, widowed, so it seems misleading. But I could give it a try; I like the ring!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Are women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/25/2016 5:36:21 PM
there is a lot of info about Stonehenge available and there are more one site that has the similar constructions. So not really so unique.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/25/2016 5:45:57 PM
Women definitely seem more *attracted* to men who are taken. Multiple reasons:

- This one isn't necessarily attraction, but it's easier to flirt when it's safe. If she thinks he's taken, monogamous, and loyal to his girl. Other safe situations include if she thinks he's gay. In a sexual relationship, after they've just done it and she thinks he can't "reload" immediately. Online, the farther away two people live, the safer it is to flirt, be bold, respond, send a first contact message.

- Seeing a man she knows with another woman can get her to notice him, to realize consciously he's a catch.

- Women who don't think for themselves will appraise him based on what other women seem to think. It's like they're taking a test and looking at each other's answers because they're unsure what is right.

- When in the relationship, the man might do things that appeal to more women: wearing nicer clothes, grooming, smelling nicer, going to places preferred by women.

The women who are more *attractive* to married men: if she doesn't treat him well, let herself become worse physically, and various other dysfunction, it makes sense other women will seem more attractive compared to the wife. Plus these other women are treating him better because they prefer taken men.

Two things I do as a result: if I'm just friends with a hottie, she can be my wingwoman, "bait" to help me get the attention of other hotties. I can help my friend by keeping away undesirable dudes who think she's my girlfriend. The second thing I do is appreciate the free thinking gals who like me during my slow streaks, loyal to them because they are more likely to understand me as opposed to the ones who only show interest during the fast streaks.
 gtomustang
Msg: 34
Are women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/25/2016 7:28:02 PM
I've known men who chased taken women b/c...they were hot. Hot is hot, it may go away with age but not with a gold ring on the finger :)

I too have had friends of gfs flirt w/ me b/c they were that type of woman. I've had friends come on to me after the breakup, when I was free and time had passed. I've had strangers flirt with me when I was dating women I was really into, and nothing happened when I was dating women who didn't really catch my interest. I suspect for each episode a fellow has gone thru, there was a specific explanation.

are men attracted to women, once they have finally landed one? Where's our MWGTOW members, they may be able to tell us one day.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2016 9:39:17 PM
I like what k j said!He sounds like me!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2016 9:46:14 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ Surely this was a typo?
 hemingway234
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:13:54 AM
Playing hard to get doubles attraction...... and if you are taken, you are hard to get. The same thing will happen if you wear a wedding ring.
 analovesprincesses
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:13:18 AM

I like what k j said!He sounds like me!

^ ^ ^ ^ Surely this was a typo?

No.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:42:02 AM
Men that are "taken" don't interest me at all. Either right off the bat, if I can see he has a SO, he's off my radar. Doesn't make him more "desirable" in my eyes either or "prove" that he is "a catch". There are plenty of relationships out there that I'm not envious of at all. I don't want some other woman's dude, I want my own, all to myself, and I'm not going to "fight" over a guy with some other female.

In the past, if I unbeknownst did get entangled with a guy who turned out to be "taken" - I ended it immediately and was pretty turned off by that guy from that moment on, no matter how much into him I was before. That's why I don't even consider guys who pose with women on their profile pics - turn off.
 south_city
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:02:28 AM

That's why I don't even consider guys who pose with women on their profile pics - turn off.

Plenty of women have pictures of themselves with men. Perhaps it was their friends, relatives, co-workers etc. Never bothered me. From what I have seen on the forums and elsewhere, it seems like women are more likely have a problem with someone having photos with people from the opposite gender.
 Kay9876
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:28:55 AM

I started dating this woman for about a month mow. When I meet other women I generally tell them that I started to date someone. Instead of them backing off they get closer to me and more warm. …When I was 100% single this rarely happened. I'm I not seeing something here?

I’m with the group that “gets closer and is more warm” when it’s safe to do so. A single, available man in my age range can easily misinterpret flirting and warmth, so I try not to go there. A man who is significantly older, younger, or in a relationship generally enjoys the teasing and playfulness as much as I do, and we both sense that our talk is just for fun. It’s one of the ways people develop friendships.

On the romantic side, I’m not attracted to men who are in relationships, assuming I know their status. Something in my brain triggers an invisible barrier that makes it impossible. I can think attached men are attractive in general, but they’re not for me. … The same thing happens for all men when I’m the one in a relationship.

I might be this way due to conditioning. Whatever the reason, I’m glad it turned out this way.
 Walts
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:30:43 AM
I honestly believe that this kinda of interaction is best reported by a third party. Someone, that can actually report the interactions between man and women after they view from afar. I say this, because half of us will not admit, even here, what we do, or feel, in that ONE situation where morals, values and beliefs are put to the test because of an attraction to another. Sometimes, we, as individuals don't even know or understand how these interactions look or seem from afar. We are caught up in the interaction itself, to actually "know" what we are doing when we are doing it. We can deny it all we want but, sometimes, later, in time, we could agree that yeah, we pushed the interaction a little too far.

We are humans after all. Top of the list of creatures on this earth but, still able to make a "mistake". Usually, we make more of these mistakes when younger, when we are still pushing boundaries, and testing the waters. It's why some of us older folk can look back towards those young ones, remembering the "stuff" we once did.

In some parts of the world, other than North America, this kinda of interaction, is accepted. Here in North America. I have seen both genders doing it. Like I said before, more when I am with the younger ones, or when I was younger myself. Sometimes it was done, because the one pushing the boundaries didn't believe it would go past that "line". Other times, just to see how far it would go. I, personally, have been guilty of such in my past.

Our brains can play funny tricks on us sometimes. Enough to fool us into believing something that we know isn't "right".
 platypus_man
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:22:29 AM
It's called 'social proof'. Appearing to be dating simply makes it seem that you are already 'vetted' by someone else, so women are more likely to think you're desirable.....and then you are. It's the same reason a smart man going somewhere that he'll meet single women, doesn't take a 'wingman' with him, but a 'wingwoman', and preferable an attractive one. It increases your perceived 'value' in the dating world.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:51:04 AM
I do not look at any man as more "desirable/attractive" to me...just because he is in a relationship.
If he treats his significant other with respect and consideration in my eyes....then he may be a notch up and seem like a decent fellow.
I am happy for them.
But never would I flirt with him....very disrespectful...not only to his better half but for me to do it.
I may feel more comfortable around couples. I have been around a few, where I think....omg....why are they even together?
Now....I do know, as Walt may have been referring to.....a few may mistake friendliness with flirting.
That would be all in the interpretation or wishful thinking....on anothers part.
 Stellan77
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:03:48 PM
Yes. If you're if not taken, they assume there's something wrong with you.
 kidreason29
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/27/2016 9:18:57 PM
^^

This is true. If you have not had kids, they assume something is wrong with you
 south_city
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/27/2016 9:24:42 PM

Yes. If you're if not taken, they assume there's something wrong with you.

Sometimes that is true. In particular when you are over a certain age and never been married or never had a relationship that was longer than X amount of years. There is a thread about this topic.
 BadResponseGuy
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/6/2016 12:02:42 PM
I think a lot of it happens because if a woman knows you're in a relationship, then obviously you're not completely damaged(Not pointing any fingers, just making a general statement).

I don't care who you are, if you are single and someone else is taken and happy, in the back of your mind you do want that.

Or the fact something is off limits stimulates the mind as well.
 Stellan77
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/6/2016 12:44:08 PM

I think a lot of it happens because if a woman knows you're in a relationship, then obviously you're not completely damaged(Not pointing any fingers, just making a general statement).

Maybe that's what some people think, but it is a false assumption. Plenty of damaged people are in relationships, and plenty of stable people are single.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/6/2016 12:51:38 PM
^^^^^ I think the thinking is the single person is more likely to be single for a good reason than the reverse.

IOW better to gamble on the one IN a relationship vs the single one.

But I agree, just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean it's a good quality relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken