Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Are women more attractive to men that are takenPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

gtomustang
once when debating men's general lack of clothing style, my boss joked he was never aware of how poorly he dressed until he got married so a woman could tell him. Belle likely has a point, when us guys can have a woman shave the parts we can't reach and buy us clothing, rather than ask the Hong Kong tailor, "what tie goes with that?", we likely present better and that subtleness might help us not lose a woman we can otherwise win. I wonder how many potential relationships died upon the uttering of the words, "what's wrong with this shirt?"

“shave the parts we can’t reach” WTH???? Never mind, I don’t want to know!

not every woman is looking for marriage right at the moment.

And thank god for that!! Hallelujah, praise the lord and pass the ammunition!

Can I get an "Amen, Brother!"
 gtomustang
Msg: 77
Are women more attractive to men that are taken
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:41:23 AM
yep, i'll say an amen to that. in a perfect world, we date, we find out what's out there and what's not, we grow ourselves, we don't expect our partners to give us in marriage what we don't give ourselves and then....we find someone who fits everything we've seen and figured out, and we marry and have 1.2 children. and keep growing as individuals, with a partner who picks us up when we are down, and doesn't try to keep us down.

ahhhh, perfection. the one thing humans just can't invent.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:52:20 AM
Maybe dealing in generalities it's true, but certainly there are men with fashion sense and women without it..
Don't tell me you've nevr seen a fat woman wearing Spandex pants 2 sizes too tight, with a belly shirt and a gut sticking out..sometimes on older ladies displaying a big wide Ceasarean scar
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:31:58 PM

When I meet other women I generally tell them that I started to date someone. Instead of them backing off they get closer to me and more warm.

It's not so much that you're taken -- even though to an extent you are (but there's still "a chance") -- it's that they're feeling they're not good enough of a catch. Same results in turning someone down, as you are indirectly doing. It's not going to make women flock to you, but their gear shifts when interacting with you to some degree. To some, it will tip it enough to like you. Thinking subconsciously -- "Hey, he's a commodity, there must be something good about him. I get the reflexive feeling like I'm-not-allowed. Well, it's not his Girlfriend, so..."

Personally, I never experienced any gold rush, no. But mingling with gals opened up because suddenly I'm not out there chasing girls, and I was 'safe' to engage with / talk to.

No, I would consider any person who had been dating for month as being in any type of relationship, nor would I consider them taken.

Well, I would count it as a type of relationship. It's not in-stone, but it's one in-the-making. Nothing a gal likes better than crashing a party, eh? ;) Oh wait, like the other thread about gals & competitiveness for male attention -- that doesn't exist, right. ;)
 wineaboutit
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/27/2016 6:41:15 AM
I have the opposite reaction, while I assume it is very possible that people I meet up with are seeing others once somebody make a point of telling me they are dating others it dampens my interest. In the very least, it makes me not want to give up my Saturday night if I think I am in rotation. In that case I would rather make plans with friends. Part of that is that I am really looking for one partner to focus on. I should say I don't think there is anything wrong with seeing more than one person at once especially if one is honest about it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:43:23 AM
You're right, Cab, there are metrosexuals who think outer appearance is very important, and there are people who just show up in clothing that isn't dirty or torn and is made of nice-feel fabric. Paul Walker seemed to show up in a white T shirt and made hearts race. i think I've seen out of shape people with uncomfortable clothing, but I usually like to not look over at train wrecks :)

"When I meet other women I generally tell them that I started to date someone. Instead of them backing off they get closer to me and more warm."

>>>I missed where this quote came from, could it be women get "warm" b/c they think if he's taken, he won't be hitting on them, so they can be more interactive without having to worry the guy isn't going to hit on them? I know when I hang out with my female friends, sometimes women strangers are more likely to chat me up--depending upon the situation and the person's desire to talk to someone (ie, customer service people who want human interactions, etc)
 Dinno76
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/28/2016 10:40:51 AM
There are some single men that wear wedding rings when they go to clubs or bars . They do it to attract women and most of the time it works. The women trust them more than single men with no ring. They always leave the club with different ladies. Amazing how it works so well.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/28/2016 11:57:45 AM
^^^^^But the question is Dinno....where were these women on the ladder scale and what day of the week was it.....they may have just been practicing on a 5 on a Wednesday, in preparation for that 10 for a Saturday night date?
What do you think?
Could they be ordinary gals that have a kink for cheating married men or could they be looking for desperation in a man, with a big wallet because that's how they make a living?
Either way...who's the user and which ones the loser?
 chinook1111
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/28/2016 7:49:12 PM
Shame on you for suggesting they are doing it for money.

Maybe they just feel the man is not really happy.All is fair in love and war.
 FlamingHotCheetos3
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/9/2016 9:33:26 PM
Yep. I once read a study that a wedding band makes a man 10x more attractive to women, regardless of how he actually looks. The "logic" behind this was he was already pre-screened by another woman unlike a single man who is an unknown entity. It's also along the lines of, "If someone has him, he must be worth having!"
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2016 10:25:36 PM

Yep. I once read a study that a wedding band makes a man 10x more attractive to women, regardless of how he actually looks. The "logic" behind this was he was already pre-screened by another woman unlike a single man who is an unknown entity. It's also along the lines of, "If someone has him, he must be worth having!"

I'd like to see a link to that study (or maybe an article inflating something about a study). I do not buy that it's to that extent at all.

People, notably girls, do want what they can't quite have moreso -- and a guy being taken adds security to it. A 2009 OK-State study did this:

In the experiment, social psychologists Melissa Burkley and Jessica Parker told one group of single women they’d been matched up with unattached Mr. Rights, and 59 percent expressed interest in pursuing their computer-generated suitors. But when Burkley and Parker told the variable group of single ladies they also had found Mr. Rights, though they were currently in relationships, a whopping 90 percent of women were interested anyway.

Not enough to make any declarations, as you'd need to run many in different situations/environments/etc ... but mere Interest is the key here. It doesn't mean George Costanza is going to Actually run off with women chasing him, no. Interest level where it otherwise would be lacking would go up on average -- I buy that. But that doesn't mean actually wanting to pursue or follow-thru with running off with him at all. I meet women all the time with rings on (friends of friends) who I say are real cute, and would acknowledge Yes to interest. As in attraction. Doesn't mean I'm going to ask her for her #. That's a whole other gear.

I think it will help guys cut thru and mingle with gals much easier. I think that's the main key. Subconscious/underlying thoughts: "Hey, he's taken -- he's a worthy catch to at least Some degree. I'm not putting my guard up if he's innocently mingling with me with a ring on. My reflexive guard about guys macking/mingling on me is much lower or turned off if that's the case." Then add to that being Able to mingle, doing it right, can make a gal think in the back of their mind "Shucks, he's a great catch, that's too bad," with more girls he wouldn't have had the opportunity to mingle with... all while Some women, especially with a few drinks, will want a taste of him for herself since she sees it as 'higher value'. You go girl! ;)

You'll increase mingling and likeability if done right, but you'll also put more gals in position, in the end, not to want to Actually roll with you. Worth a shot if one's in a rut, to change things up, as gals willing to run home with ya are probably the types where it won't matter as much and be a bit of a conquest maybe. I would recommend only trying it out at NON local hangouts.

I did hear a story about a guy who played this game and played it well -- and had a picture of his 'dead wife' in his wallet, with a cool story about how she passed a year ago. That apparently can help diffuse it once you break thru & establish the mingling for a while. :)
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/21/2016 4:13:13 PM
Yes is a proven fact
 scottryan46
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2016 12:13:15 PM
We as humans tend to want things we can't have! Have you ever chased someone and as soon as you give up and move on the roles reverse?
 scottryan46
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2016 12:16:05 PM
If he's found someone.....why is he still on pof? 😁 Think someone's still fishing! Ha!
 eg0724
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/26/2016 10:56:17 AM
I'm not attracted to men that are taken.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:24:17 PM
There have been studies about this. A wedding band on a man makes him 10x more attractive, regardless of how he actually looks. The perception was that he knew how to commit, was more worth having and had already been pre-screened by another woman, unlike a single man who's an unknown commodity.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/21/2017 10:47:06 PM
I know it's true.

back in the mid 90's my ex wife was an incredibly attractive woman 20 years younger than myself and I can't tell you the number of times some women would try to get my attention when I was with her. we liked to go dancing and behind her back women would attempt to make eye contact with me and suck down the neck of a beer bottle simulating a certain unmentionable act.
but I couldn't watch that show because if she saw me even glance at another woman she would fly off in a jealous rage and sling accusations at me. it was walking on egg shells. I will never ignore red flags like that when I date - ever again. It broke my heart when she would accuse me of desiring another woman when I loved and adored only her. smh
 Mrtampa
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 12:51:15 PM
Are you sure they're not hookers?
 daynadaze
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 2:05:11 PM
People looking for no-strings attached affairs will look for married cheaters, thinking they are not liking to cause them any problems. Of course married cheaters are usually not all that stable, so watch out. Then there are those who like to think they are really something if they can steal a spouse away from someone. And, the ever popular crazy people who have to have attention, of anyone, even if for only long enough to get laid, because they are that needy.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 4:17:52 PM
Some woman want men that are attached. They see the benefits. They have the intimacy they want, the gifts, the dates and they don't have to cook, clean, take your suits to the cleaner or wash your shit stains out of your undies. They don't have to plan your family get together, they don't have to remember your mother's birthday, they don't have to worry if your kid has new shoes. They can **** you and show you the door. They get the best of you while your wife has to take the good with the bad.
 forumslady
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/22/2017 6:22:21 PM
PennyAnte- Ain't that the truth. ^^^^
I try, really hard to live and let live, but this one I have a hard time with.
Why, on earth, no matter HOW good the sex, would someone WANT a cheater?
If they will cheat WITH you, they will cheat ON you.
And, I absolutely believe Karma is a real thing.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:41:40 PM
Oh, shall I fish out my old wedding ring? I still got it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:49:49 PM
I am with Stellan

plenty of screwed up people are married and heaven forbid, reproduce. Plenty of single people are that way by choice. We cant generalise. If a person is financially independent, has friends and interests and does not desire children for instance they may prefer to remain single.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 11:25:56 PM

Some woman want men that are attached. They see the benefits. They have the intimacy they want, the gifts, the dates and they don't have to cook, clean

From my 1st and 2nd hand experience, that can be a factor in the beginning (but many if liking the guy will want to slide into that and have him leave the gal he's dating). But a lot see it as saying "He has Value" -- because he's Taken. Some gals want what they can't quite have, and I think that's the main motivator.
 gtomustang
Msg: 100
Are SOME women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:29:36 AM
I probably posted this already somewhere in this thread, but I knew a woman who specifically went after the taken guys so that she didn't have to play the gf role. She could have crazy sex with him in bar bathrooms and in parking lots, live la vida loca, get angry over the other gal and then have makeup sex, and not have to settle down and do the "other duties" or explain where she was going and who she was going with.

likely the fact she could lure a guy away, made her feel attractive, too.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken