Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Are women more attractive to men that are takenPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Oh, shall I fish out my old wedding ring? I still got it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Are women more attractive to men that are taken
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:49:49 PM
I am with Stellan

plenty of screwed up people are married and heaven forbid, reproduce. Plenty of single people are that way by choice. We cant generalise. If a person is financially independent, has friends and interests and does not desire children for instance they may prefer to remain single.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 11:25:56 PM

Some woman want men that are attached. They see the benefits. They have the intimacy they want, the gifts, the dates and they don't have to cook, clean

From my 1st and 2nd hand experience, that can be a factor in the beginning (but many if liking the guy will want to slide into that and have him leave the gal he's dating). But a lot see it as saying "He has Value" -- because he's Taken. Some gals want what they can't quite have, and I think that's the main motivator.
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
Are SOME women more attracted to men who are taken
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:29:36 AM
I probably posted this already somewhere in this thread, but I knew a woman who specifically went after the taken guys so that she didn't have to play the gf role. She could have crazy sex with him in bar bathrooms and in parking lots, live la vida loca, get angry over the other gal and then have makeup sex, and not have to settle down and do the "other duties" or explain where she was going and who she was going with.

likely the fact she could lure a guy away, made her feel attractive, too.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:50:04 PM
Dayna said:

Of course married cheaters are usually not all that stable, so watch out

I agree and the wives are sometimes screwier.

if they're famous they even lie about the affair and make stupid public statements like:
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman..."

when the affair is proven they admit they did indeed have sexual relations and call it a mistake.
then the screwy wife is seen as a martyr.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:01:13 PM
"I agree and the wives are sometimes screwier.
if they're famous they even lie about the affair and make stupid public statements like:
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman...""

And then the murders began.

Why would you want someone's Man or Woman? Easy enuff to find your own
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:13:30 PM

Why would you want someone's Man or Woman? Easy enuff to find your own

I beg to differ. If it was so easy, sites like this would cease to exist.

It's not like they woke up one day and decided, "Today, I'm going to be a husband/wife poacher!" Many times the people who settle for crumbs have self-esteem and self-loathing issues. They don't believe they deserve anything better so they gravitate towards toxic and unhealthy relationships. Even if a good man/woman fell on top of them, they either wouldn't know how to react or find a way to sabotage it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:56:51 PM
Differ away but...
I didn't say the so called unicorn partner that exists in some minds
I mean it is easy enuff to find someone to date, so why get tangled with someone already wed?
Also dislike when the single person gets all the blame, like the naive married person just couldn't say no and walk away.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/23/2017 2:30:16 PM
Some women would be. But unless you want to date women with low moral standards it probably best to steer clear.

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat others.

I am selfish. I wouldn't want a man who has a partner or who is dating others. I want one all to myself. I also don't want the clap...
 GoodLord1
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/23/2017 4:18:48 PM
What's a little clap between lovers?
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:47:24 PM
the gift that keeps on dribbling. or, nature's way of saying, "those condoms sure are affordable now, aren't they you cheap **stard?"
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:57:29 AM
Yes they are without doubt...I experienced this, when I was in a relationship with my ex...Some women want what another woman has and like the idea of the competition...but if they did get it...well that's another story...I stayed faithful to my ex...regardless of how bad things were and still had too much respect for her to cheat...but I could have
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:29:03 AM
No, a woman is not more attractive to me if she is taken
 PollyR107
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 10:38:06 AM
"Are women more attractive to men that are taken?"

No. I stay as far away as possible from men who've been taken. Never find them attractive.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/21/2017 10:42:37 AM
Opps I thought it said....Are women more attracted to men that are taken...Must be this hot weather...Answer to the thread question? No
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 1:32:34 PM

I knew a woman who specifically went after the taken guys so that she didn't have to play the gf role.

And yet, to be Better-Than the GF. "I still got it..." [flips hair] ;)

I didn't say the so called unicorn partner that exists in some minds

Well Ouija, I know Jason doesn't have a big white horn like a unicorn does, but the big white hockey mask does fit the bill as a dream-catch (especially in Canada, since hockey is huge). ;)

I mean it is easy enuff to find someone to date, so why get tangled with someone already wed?

I think her point is that it's not So easy to find someone to date that you really like or ends up meshing so well. If all one were trying to do is find a date to the wedding, sure, there's no desire to go after the groom. But if all that's easy is just-need-a-date-for-this, then obviously something more fulfilling is desired. Getting someone seen with more "value" stamped on them because they're "taken" -- yes, high-school-ish but Commonly exists to one degree or another amongst gals -- is more fulfilling than merely finding a date for the sake of having one.

Also dislike when the single person gets all the blame, like the naive married person just couldn't say no and walk away.

Married, Engaged, or known-to-be-locked-in-LTR -- same concept, I agree. I think the single person going After said solidly Taken person though should get a separate blame, if they did the chasing and catching. I think the single person should get little to no blame if things just rolled mutually as one-thing-led-to-another, when said single person doesn't know the other's SO from Adam.

Are women more more attractive to men that are taken?

Yeah, because they don't like boring monotony when it comes to the opp-sex. Doesn't mean they'll want to chase a gal to Actually follow through to get on base -- but many will flirt and come on to gals. When they're single -- they do have a lot to lose. Their ego & comfort-zone approaching women. Well, they already have one now and it's "so so" / "ehhh", that they're willingly stuck to. So they have nothing to lose. Heck, sometimes I have to remind my married (or ones who are live-in BF) friends -- that I get dibs on the girls, and you have to end up playing wing-man at the end of the day!
 IBup4it
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/21/2017 1:39:20 PM
Yes women are more attracted to men who are taken... Dont confuse attraction with actually getting involved they are 2 different things. No women I know wants to be with a guy who cheats.

So they want what taken man can offer, but at the sametime wish single men offered the samething, however in order for a women to see the good single men they need to be in a relationship to see it. How's that for a catch 22.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:01:41 PM
I don't know if the women are focusing on taken men or they just don't care about who they target, because they're lonely so it's all good with them. What I can tell you is that I've seen men be led by them and leave their s/o only to get kicked to the curb by these women. Then they're SOL and try to go crawling back to their original partner or they find out the woman they're now with are not easy to be with. Sure, a new relationship looks great, no problems "yet", but they start right away. The cheater can't be trusted, so no loss dumping him after she gets him, and the women of little morals, the guy always has to worry about what she's up to. It doesn't work out. Neither one can trust the other one.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:15:45 PM
The original thread title - Are women more "attractive"to men that are taken - my answer - no they were not to me

Are women more "attracted" to men that are taken - my answer - Yes they are without doubt...I experienced this, when I was in a relationship with my ex...Some women want what another woman has and like the idea of the competition...but if they did get it...well that's another story...I stayed faithful to my ex...regardless of how bad things were and still had too much respect for her to cheat...but I could have
 moraima
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:27:35 PM
OMG???

I have never wanted leftovers.
 IBup4it
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/21/2017 9:39:13 PM
Personally for me no there is no attraction for other women that I have found as of yet.
 activemelaney
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2017 9:24:07 AM
Not me.

I am attracted to a certain type of male whether he be single or married.

This isnt to be confused with wanting him in any way. In fact, if a taken man responded in an inappropriate way towards me, that would make him instantly unattractive. I like a man with strong moral character.

Perhaps a lot of this has to do with one's social experience and culture. My family and friends are likely to be the last people on Earth to be 'swingers'. Unlike some here, I've never had friends who had affairs or, if they did, would ever confide about it. Its just not acceptable. One has a partner...he's the center of my Universe. If I wasn't happy then time to move on before thinking of another male. In fact, I have zero sexual attraction to a man before we become emotionally attached. It goes from 0 to 100 for me.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:13:46 AM

I don't know if the women are focusing on taken men or they just don't care about who they target

I don't think it's either. I don't think women in general focus at all on Taken men (although a few may go thru a phase wanting that specifically). And I don't think there's any trend that women don't care about who they target, either (no trend of "taken? single? tomato, tomatoe, don't care").

1. If one's known to having had a serious GF or has a wedding ring on -- a gal's reflexive protective "guard" against guys they don't know so well goes down about said guy where it otherwise would be up. This opens things up with said taken guy, more than people, including they themselves, usually realize.

2. It's an ego-boost to get someone who Is taken to like you. It's also an ego-boost to get someone taken to want you. I'm liked/wanted so much I break Their mold? Still got it! (flipping my hair right now, just thinking about it)

3. Although this will usually just result in being more open and appreciative of (civil) flirting by him and resulting in shared flirting and really digging it -- when some gals are not at all in relationship-hunting mode, guess what's prone to happen from time to time? Getting on base with each other. And us single guys, yes, getting jealous (or rooting for him if we don't like his serious-GF/Wife). :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:22:31 AM
"I'm I not seeing something here?"

Yes - proper grammar

The title of your post should be " Are women more ATTRACTED to men that are taken "

The above quote should be " AM I not seeing something here ? "
 spot4username
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:44:15 AM
^^^
Proper spelling and grammar is so sexy.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are women more attractive to men that are taken