Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will Israel Strike Iran First?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 151
Will Israel Strike Iran First?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
msg 153

A troll ... calling others "trolls". Now that's just precious.

Why keep feeding it then ?????

I don't understand why you people going back and forth as if expecting the opposing view to finally say :

" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOW I GET IT ! YOU'RE RIGHT AND I'M WRONG ! THANKS ! "

Surely, both views know that's never going to happen so ....what's the point ????

Life is short !
Go outside , read a book, get a better more fulfilling hobby already !
 deetristate
Msg: 152
Will Israel Strike Iran First?
Posted: 4/4/2016 2:28:09 PM
I know. You could be outside like I am, waiting for Amtrak, or reading a book or getting a hobby.

You set yourself up for that, dotchaknow. Ha!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/4/2016 2:39:53 PM
^^^^^^^I'm not the one going back and forth endlessly on the same topic for months and months

IMO there's a HUGE difference between taking a few seconds to post something random every now and then vs what goes on here

HUGE
 kj521
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/4/2016 2:46:05 PM
^^^^And that is why there are all kinds of threads that will appeal to all different posters.

I, personally, have learned quite a bit in this thread and others in the OT.....especially, when the name calling and troll calling is kept to a minimum and the topic gets discussed.

To each their own. :D

Onyx49
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/4/2016 2:57:35 PM
Well, yeah...watching you and others trail farting ain't sexy...especially those people that have time to present links to other websites who has time for that...do half the people on here even work.
 cotter
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2016 4:39:41 PM
Message 155 ...
I don't understand why you people going back and forth as if expecting .....
That's what you keep saying every time you come into this thread ... sooooo how does that make your post any different than those who come in here page after page saying "the same thing"?

Personally, I'm very much hoping there are others on here who may read the forums but who may not necessarily post ... they're just in here looking for information and other peoples' point of view. Actually I know there are because I've met them and that's how I got started in the forums ... all those years ago. Additionally, I get occasional emails from people who follow the forums but do not post.

It occurs to me that there are people on here looking for a mate or life companion and the posts in the forums can add depth to things that might be in their profile as in my case. I have no real interest in partnering up with a religious zealot and have no interest in partnering up with any kind of wingnut ... dipper republican, tea party or otherwise. It reflects in my profile and I'm hoping it's evident in my posts.

I just happen to believe there is a lot more information about people in the forums ... it kind of gives our profile a 3-D effect.

Now "Butter", it occurs to me, that if someone is that bored with what we do here in the Off Topic and Political forums ... why keep coming in here and posting about it? Your posting history shows that your last couple of posts in this thread (for example) have basically been to admonish the posters and not really post your opinion about the actual topic.

I'm wondering (too) why you don't take your own advice? "Go outside , read a book, get a better more fulfilling hobby already !" You could do that instead of coming in here to scold us ... right?

Or better yet ... why don't you just go focus on how long it takes you to recover between orgasms? (https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15405207.aspx ... Message 78). I mean that's more your speed in here ... eh?

Okay ... that and trashing women if they're not shaped like a "Barbie" and fussing with people about who should pay when dating ... or advising people on their sexual behavior ... "I don't think being a virgin beyond a certain age is bad - it's SAD". Gee, I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I hadn't read that gem. That's pretty telling. And that's great if that's what you want people to know about you. Go for it! If that's the kind of woman you want then we get the message. We see what your focus is.

I want people to know how I feel about the world and world issues. On rare occasions, I go to that part of the POF site ... for entertainment purposes. I mean I can run with the dogs that post over there too!

When someone follows me all over this part of the site ... ragging on my every post ... it seems to me "turnabout" should be fair play ... right? Then it should be okay that when a fat guy stalks me and rags on me, I can go in and point out that more than likely he can't see his dyck ... much less touch it.

You know guys ... don't think we don't notice that as your belly gets fatter and fatter that your arms don't grow longer and all those rings of fat around the base of your penis make it shorter and shorter. Also medically, that belly fat produces gobs of estrogen and I think we know what that does to your shrinking nethers! Just saying ... if you want to dish it out ... I can too!

Message 159 ...
... especially those people that have time to present links to other websites who has time for that...do half the people on here even work.
Raises hand ... I do! I work ... lots of hours. That's the reason I haven't been in the forums for a few days. I was getting slammed at work and at home.
 Jo van
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/4/2016 5:02:41 PM

I suppose Mr. Jovan that in my ignorance of World history what interests me most is....what makes the creation of the nation state of Israel so different than that of others that it should garner the individual and collective World attention that it does? In the context of modern transformation....how is the Israel/Palestine conflict different? Why is there such an investment to determine one side "good" and the other "bad"?

Miss KJ
I can only speak for myself, or at least, it's probably best if I only do that.
Up until about 1988, I too was ignorant about Israel.
As I've said before, being the son of holocaust victims myself, I was always sympathetic regarding "jews".
Long story short, a friend of mine (An American, the new husband of an old friend) said some very anti-semitic things, and we 'fell-out', he made a hasty retreat, but suggested I do my own research. Which I did. I took out the only three books they had in my local library, on the (modern) history of Israel.
Not books written by 'jihadists', but dusty, dry, history textbooks.
I think what annoyed me most, was WHY didn't I already know about this??? After all, most of it has happened during my lifetime, and I've always had an interest in politics and current affairs.

What makes it different, IMO., is really what Dee is saying. (Not like me to agree with Dee, but on this occasion, I do)
The dishonesty, denial, and the subterfuge.

They might be right about the Palestinians, they might be as "crazy", as the "zionist" are keen to portray.
But it's kind of like convicting a known-criminal, for a crime which he didn't do.

IMO (read some more about it, the wiki site is good) the Palestinian people have been royally fvcked-over [/Med. Term], by Britain, the USA., France, and various other "super powers".

The British basically "gave" the "jews" land, which wasn't the Brits' to "give".
(The Balfour Declaration, 1917)

The Arabs had previously been "promised" their own state in Palesine, by Britain, , if they helped the British to defeat the Ottomans. (Ottomen ), which they did.
(Lawrence of Arabia went to my school, before me, naturally. )

The British then reneged on that "promise", and promised the new "zionist" movement, a "homeland" in Palestine.
The Arabs were asked if that was ok with them, and they said "No thank you, why don't you go and F**(%$£** yourself instead?" (Or words to that effect.)
The British went ahead anyway.
The Arabs have been protesting/objecting/resisting an unlawful occupation, ever since.
700,000 Arabs were driven from their homes, their villages bulldozed, some with the people still inside.
There were many massacres, eg "Deir Yassin", and others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre
To summarise;
Israel doesn't want the general population, or even people of their own "faith" to discover the shoddy circumstances under which the country was formed.
They want to say "that's all in the past", and they want to portray the Arabs as crazy, for no valid reasons, and simply not willing to make peace.
The truth is, the Palestinians have been badly let down by the world.
More and more people are beginning to realise that now.

Just as with the catholic child rapes, there are a lot of very bad people, hiding behind religion, and it's "beyond reproach" reputation.
But don't just take my word for any of this, do your own research.
It's complicated, but if you "read between the lines", you'll get the gist.

From my (atheist) perspective, Jerusalem is "sacred" ground, to three different religions, 9well, three major categories, with hundreds of sub-sects, all hell-bent [NPI} on killing each other, ) and none of them are prepared to share their special magic mud, with anyone else. (Even the "christian" priests fight each other, at christmas every year, just like every other family, eh?!!).
This special magic mud is worth dying for, or at least they think it's worth killing for, and as a result, they die.
So, all three "religions of peace", as they all claim, have been killing each other, over the special magic mud, for at least the last 2,000 years, so that they can prostrate themselves in worship, on the special magic mud.

You'd think that with all three of them being so peaceful and all that, that they might have managed to negotiate something more peaceful, by now.
Or maybe "god" himself could have stepped-in, by now, and settled all the disputes forever.

Come to think of it, it would have helped if he'd told everyone, all over the world, the same thing.
Then the Buddhists wouldn't be killing the muslims, and the muslims wouldn't be killing the zoroastrians, and the sikhs wouldn't be killing the hindus, and the protestants wouldn't be killing the catholics, who wouldn't be raping all those children, obviously....and.......sssshhhhhhhhh!
I mustn't say too much, or Marilyn will be wanting me killed, for "disrespecting religion", again.

Religions: "The source of our morality"
That's why the children have to die.
It's beyond me.
Still, on the plus side: at least they weren't raped first, and then blown-up..
See, Every cloud...

Religions.
Just say no,
-thank you.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/4/2016 6:32:59 PM
Mr. Jovian I admittedly do not read most of your text because you are not succinct and you use emoticons which detract from your message but if I get the gist of what you are saying, you read a few books and thus through incredible critical thinking abilities, determined the truth about God, Israel and the Palestinians.

I know you're not trying to be a comedian so the only other possibility is you are dead serious. Pretty incredible that people think like you do and then demand the rest of us to think like you also.

Most of your facts are of course incorrect as are your conclusions. How do I know this? Well among other ways, I've read some books myself, but obviously with much more critical thinking ability than you evidence, and I know many of the actual players .

When Jerusalem was held by Jordan it did not allow Israel on the premises. Now that Jerusalem is held by Israel it is an international City and would remain as such even after Jerusalem becomes Israel's capital. Even the Arabs are allowed on the premises to worship at their holy sites like the Dome of the Rock.

With regard to The Butchers throughout history, the great majority of them killed not for religious reasons but for power. Stalin, one of the bloodiest killers of all although born a Christian, I don't believe followed any faith at all. Hitler also was not a believer, , except in the occult, just a psychopath

At any rate you really do need to learn to discern reputable sources of information from the garbage you rely on. You know the old story comma garbage in garbage out. And yes you speak lots of it.
 cotter
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2016 3:06:19 PM
Message 162 ...
Pretty incredible that people think like you do and then demand the rest of us to think like you also.

Is that how you interpret his writings?

I've always viewed his posts as quite factual and a suggestion for all who read them to keep an open mind and consider that there is more than just YOUR version of everything.

I state that because it was his ability to consider that there were other possibilities of the "stories" that allowed him to open his mind to what really happened. I know I used to think "poor Israel ... all those horrible people picking on them". Then I opened my mind to the fact that there are more sides to the whole story ... and actually made friends with people who were making sense ... because they had lived it. It was quite an eye-opening experience. You should try it sometime.

At any rate you really do need to learn to discern reputable sources of information from the garbage you rely on. You know the old story comma garbage in garbage out. And yes you speak lots of it.
Are you yelling at "Coma"? I thought he was your buddy!

Hmmmm ... can't keep her profiles straight and apparently not her friends ... or who she is posting to.

You know, "marilyn" ... if you just stick to one profile and it might make all your posting a lot easier ...
 Bigguysal
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/5/2016 5:02:33 PM
Please Ms Cotter, Mr. Jovian is a total joke. Just because you buy into the same disinformation as he does not enhance the integrity of your opinions.

1) I went back and read this Marilyn's posts and Mr. Jovian blatantly lied about her. She never wished for him to be killed. He is man who lies because he is a person of bad character.

2) Mr. Jovian is an atheist, which is fine, but not only is he so arrogant but to assert he has all the answers, he demands people agree with him and demands they do what he says. This shows terrible character. He doesn't see other possibilities, nor do you for that matter. You buy into falsehoods and then insist you are right to the exclusion of the true facts and those who disagree with you.

You both greatly exaggerate the negative about israel and completely disavow any positive about israel. When you are so overwhelmingly biased, you are the ones with the closed minds compared to those who know more than you and see both sides of the story.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/5/2016 5:37:18 PM
Give it up. Nobody believes you now. There is no way in Hell anybody would actually go through the posts that "Marilyn" made. I stopped trying to read them and I was here at the time. Just like I stopped reading the posts of the people "she" was slap fighting with.

You're the same person with a different profile. I don't know why, and I don't care.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/5/2016 5:48:08 PM
Can you please explain to me why people.who claim to not care are here telling us how much they don't care. I never comment on threads or posts I don't care about because I don't read them. Yet here you are not caring but caring enough to tell us you don't care and telling us to give it up.

Guess what, I don't care what you care about nor do I care whether you care that I don't care.
 Jo van
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/6/2016 12:48:47 PM
Marilyn,

I know I've said I won't mock, and I'm really trying not to, I really am...
but
I just can't help it.
Therefore, because I just can't help it, it would be politically incorrect of you, to mock my mocking.
So....
I was wondering...
Are you really a very small woman, wearing a big man's clothes; perhaps a big, macho 'lumberjack' style shirt, (I believe the Americans call this 'plaid'?) and a large pair of dungarees, with the legs rolled-up, so that you don't trip over, and probably smoking a pipe, and perhaps just speaking in a 'deep voice', to get "into character".
OR
Are you really a huge man, wearing a pink dress?
(Other colours are available, but for comedy purposes, I feel pink would be best)
-He might be smoking a pipe, - that's optional. Although, for some reason, I feel it adds a certain air of male 'gravitas', as would a large 'handle-bar' moustache.
And is "he", ( the large dress-wearing, pipe-smoking, moustachiod, male version of yourself ) saying "I'm a lady", in a very high-pitched voice

It would help me greatly, to take your posts more seriously, if you could furnish me with the answer.
Thanks, in advance,
Jo
 Bigguysal
Msg: 164
Posted: 4/6/2016 2:26:35 PM
Mr. Jovian, once again you start out with an incorrect premise, which again shows bad character. You are saying you are trying very hard not to mock and then claim you can't help it. We all know this to be another lie . . . I suspect that is something that happens whenever you open your mouth or write a sentence so no surprise there.

I do not ask you to take my posts seriously. I do not believe you are capable of doing so. To take my post seriously takes an ability you do not have, including knowledge, an open mind, ability to think critically, and not being so full of oneself.

I am willing to help you to a certain degree . . . but first you must be willing to accept facts. Unfortunately . . . . well you know.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/7/2016 2:05:01 AM
Dee..no one is disputing that the USA exists. What is objectionable is denying the truth about how it came to exist and expanded..hint, murder and theft from the original inhabitants found there. Duplicate that with the majority of countries existing today.
 deetristate
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/7/2016 2:45:29 AM
Whatabout(ery) the USA? No one is denying that. Did someone? I have actually said that we should not allow the invasion of the USA (welcoming and helping the people who will bring the end) like the people before the Americans allowed.

But the question was about Israel and Iran so . . . . . .
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/7/2016 3:18:57 AM
Well many people prefer to believe the myth of "their" country being so fine and noble, and having a history of being fair and a prince among nations..whitewash the reality..and turn to criticize other countries..when in reality their own is no better. .or perhaps worse.
 chinook1111
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/7/2016 5:54:05 AM
Apparently when the Japanese invaded China they couldn't understand why the Americans were upset.The Americans had only finished defeating the natives 50 years or so earlier.

Israel came late to the game.It looks ugly by modern standards,and it has been at times.I had a close friend as a youth,born here but of Lebanese Christian descent,had an older brother born over there.Forced out,didn't want to talk about it much.
 cotter
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2016 8:37:53 AM
Message 169 ...
... no one is disputing that the USA exists.
That statement makes no sense. Is someone disputing that other countries exist?

What is objectionable is denying the truth about how it came to exist and expanded ...
Expanded by murder and stealing land ... yes objectionable.

... hint, murder and theft from the original inhabitants found there.
So you do admit they are "murdering and stealing from the original inhabitants"?

Duplicate that with the majority of countries existing today.
Still doesn't make it right ... does not justify what they are doing.

Message 170 ...
Whatabout(ery) the USA?

But the question was about Israel and Iran so . . . . . .
Dee ... when are you gonna get it? If the US killed off most of the original inhabitants and put them on fenced in reservations ... well that gives every other country the right to do that ... right?

Message 171 ...
Well many people prefer to believe the myth of "their" country being so fine and noble, and having a history of being fair and a prince among nations..whitewash the reality..and turn to criticize other countries..
Hmmm ... I'm thinking anyone of Native American DNA would have a difficult time believing "this" country is "fine and noble" when it comes to what we did to the original inhabitants of the land we now occupy.

... when in reality their own is no better. .or perhaps worse.
Equal ... to say the least.

We go around invading sovereign nations, using dirty bombs (illegal depleted uranium bombs) to maim, mutilate and murder the inhabitants. And then purchase a few while we're at it, torture them and imprison them without ever charging them with a crime.

Looks like the Zionists are nothing more than a chip off the old block ... eh? We support everything they do, and pay them to do it as well. In return, they spy on us, blow up our war ships, torture our citizens and bleed us of billions even though our own economy is suffering and they really could get along without it.

Yep ... that sounds about right.

USA = Sr. Bully ... Zionists = Jr. Bully
 Bigguysal
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/7/2016 10:41:38 AM
I wonder Ms. Cotter what you expect Israel to do. You complain a whole lot about Israel but have never offered any alternatives or any solutions, other than not fighting back, laying down its arms, etc. etc. etc.

That is the problem with you rabid leftists. You live in a bubble totally divorced from reality on the ground. You want a Utopian society but that is not anything that has ever existed or ever will, unless of course there really is a Messiah out there somewhere ready to come and bring peace and goodwill on Earth. Don't get your hopes up on that one. The one purported Messiah has failed miserably at his job, so why should we expect any better the next time?
 chinook1111
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/7/2016 10:59:44 AM
Israel is in effect,on a civilizing mission.Continuing the work the British can no longer carry out.

One only has to have a look around the ME neighborhood to see this.Brutal dictatorships.Lack of rights for women and minorities.
Israelis are extremely paranoid about security of land and water.

In May and June of 1941,when Jewish commandos were giving their lives to keep Iraqi oil installations out of the hands of the Luftwaffe,the axis forces lost it,and attempted to snuff out every Jew in Jerusalem.This is a state secret,no Israeli that knew of it was allowed to speak of it,it has been kept from the history books.The reasons for this are not quite clear....

Italian OVRA commandos,who had flown from Rhodes so high they needed oxygen during the trip dropped in between Jericho and Jerusalem.They then travelled by motorized bicycles to Jerusalem.Supplied by I.G Farben,
likely through Abwehr II,they carried six canisters of poison for the water.And also a map of Tel Aviv.They were ambushed as they entered the Damascus Gate.One man eventually escaped.They wore no dog tags.Nothing could be proven.Ben Gurion's biographer released small bits of the story.The inner Israeli leadership knows about this.They know the Grand Mufti was involved. They will never fully trust any Palestinians....or Arabs....
 Bigguysal
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/7/2016 11:12:32 AM
^^^^^ So secret that only you know about it. Honestly, this board is filled with fruitcakes. Maybe that is what is so interesting. No standards or qualifications whatsoever to post on POF. POF definitely has its share of crazies. LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/7/2016 11:24:41 AM
"Continuing the work the British can no longer carry out"

>>what work would that be, taking over the Ottoman Empire and creating countries that shove Sh'ia, Sunni and Kurd together then sticking in a dictatorship so the Seven Sisters can pull the oil out? That must be the other state secret. The Brits did a bang up job in 1953, kicking out the democratically elected leader of Iran to put in a dictator, but as for giving the dictators of Egypt and Saudi Arabia et al the weaponry and secret police to maintain order, I guess that was up to us. The Iranians did a good job in 1979 of putting in some crazies, but hey, they're Persian, not Arab.

now the Arab Spring has taken some Arab nations who have only known dictatorship, and left them to find a form of leadership all their own. Almost like GOP faithful looking for a hero to save them from Donald Trump, and turning to evangelical Ted Cruz for a way out of the mess. Can you ever imagine that happening? Those A-rabs must be different forms of human beings from us....
 cotter
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2016 12:03:14 PM
"marilyn" ...
Message 174 ...
I wonder Ms. Cotter what you expect Israel to do.
Stop stealing land and killing the owners, stop stealing water, stop bulldozing homes that don't belong to them, stop purposely delaying ambulances at check points.

You complain a whole lot about Israel but have never offered any alternatives or any solutions ...
Yes I have ... right up there ^^^^ ... stop stealing land and killing the owners, stop stealing water, stop bulldozing homes that don't belong to them, stop purposely delaying ambulances at check points. Those are all things they can do without putting themselves at risk.

... other than "not fighting back", laying down its arms, etc. etc. etc.
You can't expect to have an honest discussion when you post hysterical things like that.

We all know that stealing land and killing the owners is not considered "fighting back" ... it's theft and murder.

We all know that bulldozing homes with the occupants still inside is not considered "fighting back" ... it's considered murder.

We all know that stealing water /redirecting water away from Palestinian towns and only letting them have their own water for one hour per week is not considered "fighting back" ... it's depriving people of precious natural resources that they have a right to ... because it belongs to them.

We all know that purposely delaying ambulances at check points is not considered "fighting back" ... it's murder or at the very least prolonging pain and suffering.

That is the problem with you rabid leftists. You live in a bubble totally divorced from reality on the ground.
All of the things I suggested will not put the Zionists in any danger ...

Don't get your hopes up on that one. The one purported Messiah has failed miserably at his job, so why should we expect any better the next time?
I won't get my hopes up for any kind of "Messiah" or sky wizard ... believe me.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/7/2016 12:29:17 PM
You are a crazy woman Ms. Cotter. You make stuff up, accuse Israel of things it doesn't do, when asked to offer an alternative, accuse me of getting hysterical and continue on with your nonsensical rants against Israel.

I reiterate you live in a Bubble. You are truly a fool, and your posts over these last few days evidence some sort of Psychosis. You are getting older . . . perhaps your brain is being affected by hardening of the arteries or something?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will Israel Strike Iran First?