Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 322
Survey says...Jaded!Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
^^^
A lot of men say that want an equal but still value mother like qualities in a partner.

Tough balancing that out...
 minimetoo
Msg: 323
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/17/2016 9:37:21 PM
I think when Clooney said you sound like someone who "feels old and is angry " he didn't mention or mean "ailments". I know many in their 70s and 80s that have no "ailments" and I know many in their 50s that feel "old and angry". I think you missed the gist of his comment and misinterpreted it.

And I'm missing the "intellectual" part of this discussion.

And women who disagree with you...disagree with you. When you say "I hate to say it, but the women on here who disagree with me are most likely after the wallet......I dare say". You lose all credibility, especially as an "intellectual". That comment was juvenile at best and holds no truth or merit.

People are attracted to who they are attracted to. Why do you care who someone half way across country dates? A 60 man who dates a 40 year old woman is not a pedophile. There is nothing icky about it even though the woman is young enough to be his daughter. Or a 55 year old woman dating a 40 year old man.

As for shallow, where do you draw the line? We all have a line. We all have preferences and some of the preferences we have, others may think we are shallow. So what?

You sound jealous that others date younger. Or as Clooney said, "you sound like someone who feels old and is angry that some men pursue younger women". It's been going on for eons BTW.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 324
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 12:55:32 AM
(I got a giant spider bite, I kid you not. Near the bottom of my rib cage, on the left side. I could be dying!!)

My life is changing
in so many ways
I don't know who
to trust anymore
There's a shadow running
thru my days
Like a beggar going
from door to door.

I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maaaaaiiiid, a man needs a maid.
 natural energy
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 4:39:21 AM

So you'll date a guy living with his parents or a few room mates?

Earns less then half what you earn?

This is not what I consider a mature intellectual.

Some of you men can continue to look for your 20 year younger woman ... and you woman who accept this go right ahead ..... I don't see you with matches though!

There just might be a reason why there are many more women who remain single than men!
They just might be too intelligent for this!
.. and many are very "good looking"!

Last post here .... tired of hitting my head against ....
 minimetoo
Msg: 326
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:11:49 AM
People are disageeing with you. They are doing a back and forth. The thing is, you don't have much to back up your opinion on this other than "I think it's icky" which isn't much of an argument, hardly worth discussing and no where near intellectual.

Not every one posting on here is looking 20 years younger. Hell, the site has a 14 year age restriction. A few date younger, I know two specifically on here who have on more than one occasion dated older.

And no, I don't care if half the guys posting on here are looking for younger (or women looking for younger). I mean, just on looks alone...20 years younger looks way better (unless they are fat and unfit and ugly ). A fit and healthy gal 20 years younger than me LOOks way better. And chances are she's accomplished and has a career, life experiences and all sorts of good stuff happening ....what's not to like. Fact of life.

You think you're perfect and men should just fall all over you because...you're you. Still single. Hmm. But I'll tell you, a woman 15 to 20 years younger than you (and me) looks way better ...at this age the packaging is way better and the other stuff is just as good - intellect , goals, values, respect, empathy...all the good stuff. A 20year old or 28 year old, not so much.

There just might be a reason why there are many more women who remain single than men! They just might be too ntelligent for this! And many are very good looking.

Um, no. You keep bringing up "intelligent" and I'm not seeing anything intelligent here. Just someone whining that she is being over looked because she is older. And it's easier to blame men for choosing younger women than it is to admit that it get tougher to find a partner as you get "older". Also keep n mind that 55+ is prime heart attack time, prime cancer time and we lose more men to death than women.

Don't bang your head against the wall. You lost this one. You had nothing to back up "icky". As for the word "intellectual" you keep throwing out...never take a knife to a gunfight.
 natural energy
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:58:57 AM
ok ... one more post.
^ it is a reality ... not a whine that I post.
Yes, it is my opinion, as many others share ... they just are not posting here ... as I won't any longer as well.
I see that you are looking for between 97 and 99. What is all that about? Masters degree for real?
There are too many people on POF and online in general, who are not very honest ..... so, forgive me if I doubt this .... especially with your date range .... and yes, the reality is that those who post here do not represent the general population (I have repeated this) .... silly comments such as "how do I know" does not cut it. There does not appear to be too many people posting here as well I see. So, these posts certainly do not represent the general population.
I hope you see that! (sample versus population)

.... btw .. me beinig overlooked ... you are missing the point ... I am also doing much of the overlooking!

... and yes .... I have wasted my time here ..... but it has been an intersting interlude to see the types of people posting here these day.
One must see the positive in everything.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 328
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 7:24:23 AM
Well...Don't let people chase you off the forums.....some people think their opinion on any subject is the only one correct or allowed here....and love to rag on others.
WINNING.....!!
IMO....If I read in a mans profile....How young he thinks he is...In my eyes, he's insecure and will always have issues with aging.
He is not the guy I would want to be with....let the younger women have them.
I have women friends a decade younger than me, who will date these guys but they have "image" issues and insecurities too.

I have not been looking as of late.....but it is getting harder to find a man that isn't living in the past.
Aging is a part of life....nobody gets better looking....trust me!
 minimetoo
Msg: 329
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:09:23 AM
I think the whole point is - find someone that cranks your tractor, someone that fits you, someone that makes your heart go pitter patter, someone that warms your heart when you see them, touch them, hear them. Quit worrying about some man or woman that is looking for 15 years younger...they aren't a fit for you so why worry about it.

And I have read many women's profiles that say something to the effect of "everyone thinks I'm way younger than my age". We all like to think that. So someone is looking for younger, big deal. Or looking for older, or taller or better educated or has a high profile type career. We all have preferences. So why is wanting younger "icky"??

And Whisky, no one's opinion is any better, worse, or holds more value than anyone else's opinion. No one's. A difference of opinion is not ragging. Discussion is not ragging.
 treber2
Msg: 330
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:16:34 AM

MO....If I read in a mans profile....How young he thinks he is...In my eyes, he's insecure and will always have issues with aging.
He is not the guy I would want to be with....let the younger women have them.
I have women friends a decade younger than me, who will date these guys but they have "image" issues and insecurities too.

I have not been looking as of late.....but it is getting harder to find a man that isn't living in the past.
Aging is a part of life....nobody gets better looking....trust me!

Let me interpret if I can. If a man my age is not interested in me, is instead interested in much younger women . . . it has to be because he is "insecure". It can have nothing to do with the fact he does not find women my age attractive, either from a physical point of view or maybe even an emotional point of view.
 natural energy
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:40:15 AM
Thank you Whisky River .... you are showing me that there are people of value here!
... who actually appear to understand my points ... and don't twist them around to justify their issue with aging!
Let's hear it for we, the people who have no issue with aging gracefully ... we seemto be the healthy ones!
 minimetoo
Msg: 332
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:49:00 AM

Let's hear it for we, the people who have no issue with aging gracefully ... we seem to be the healthy ones!

I think all of us are for aging gracefully. I certainly don't have a problem with it. If I won the lottery I know I'd be in Scottsdale, Arizona at the best damn plastic surgery place money could buy...but until then, I'm more than happy and more than realistic.

Some of us just don't have an issue with a person seeking a younger partner. Why should I care what Bob down the block does or Susie across town. Someone seeking younger has no bearing on whether they are "healthy".

The ones seeking younger seem to have more of an open mind than those closed off to anything out of the norm. I'll take an open mind over a closed on any day...a closed mind is not healthy.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 333
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 9:40:57 AM
Let's hear it for those that can tolerate an opposing view point. I've seen several women's profiles that were obviously searching for men their age or younger.

It turned me off but I didn't think they were insecure or not intellectual.

This is interesting. It's my experience that women are more inclined to evaluate the future potential with a man by asking about his past relationships. One gal chuckled and called it...The Divorce Talk

Men, on the other hand, are the opposite. We just want to focus on the moment.

YMMV
 rearguard*2
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 9:48:52 AM
If someone does not find you attractive, for whatever reason, they are doing you a huge favour. They are avoiding you, therefore they are not making you miserable by forming a relationship with you in which you will not be treasured, and hence miserable.

Be thankful that the men or women who don't find you attractive are ignoring you. There are plenty out there that will find you attractive, so stick with them.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 335
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 11:34:47 AM
natural energy,

I disagree with everything you posted since you think the "silent" people must be agreeing with you.
Truth is, we are likely sitting back and laughing.

Sad to me that an educator feels all her opinions to be fact.
ALL men are not looking for younger, just as ALL women aren't either.
Just because you think you look young for your age doesn't make it a fact.
You seem a bit obsessed and a lot biased, to be honest.

Why do you want men to give you (or women your age) a chance if they are not interested?
Would you be equally offended if the didn't like blondes, Catholics, or any such category you fit into?
You have no actual idea whether people are successful in their pursuits or not, but why do you care so damned much?
Just sounds bitter to me.

I hate to say it, but the women on here who disagree with me most likely are after the wallet ........ I dare say!
Wow. Just wow.

You're quite a catch...it's all the men's faults for not recognizing that.
 natural energy
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 12:03:26 PM
^
I will not respond anymore to "misquotes" of mine or misinterpretations.
It has nothing to do with agreeing or not!
Please discuss further amoungst yourselves ... as I said ... I should not have even commented here,
based on how I see most of you posting on this thread "read" and "interpret".
Literacy is a known issue!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 337
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 12:38:41 PM

And yes, before you even say it: I am quite well aware that it just as difficult for the women to get used to the idea that they are growing older, and have to settle for older men.

I totally get this...I get messages from 70+ men. I know I'm older and 70 years is really within my age group, but there is
70 years old and there is SEVENTY years old. It's hard to find someone my age who wants someone my age who isn't OLDER
than me.

Example.
I watch my granddaughter on Saturdays and she had a birthday party to go to. It was held at a local roller palace. She's 3 and
has never been roller skating before so she's excited to try it. I'm wicked excited myself because roller skating was something
my daughters and I did on a regular basis while they were in high school. We'd go a few afternoons and friday nights and skate
for hours. They with their friends and me by myself (except for the couples skate when you hoped someone would invite you...
hahahaha!)

Anyways, we arrive and all the kids are getting skates but NONE of the adults are. There are parents there that are young and quite a few
grand parents and older uncles and aunts etc. So when I mention we're off to get our skates, I get the "you're not skating are you?
What if you fall and break your hip?" "Does your insurance cover broken bones from skating?" "Can you get up if you fall?" etc
etc etc.

So yeah, I don't mind if someone is 70, but is it too much to ask for them to be able to skate? I still like ice skating and skiing and
roller skating and sledding. My attention span doesn't last for flea markets and antiquing.
I dunno. It's a struggle.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 338
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 1:04:52 PM
Oh energy I thought I would honor your request and not post anything about you. Until your last post where you mention how everyone on here has Literacy problem with reading and comprehension. So what you mean is, if we are smart and know what we are talking about then we all will agree with you. BUT if we don't agree with you then that makes us stupid and we lack basic comprehension. I'm sure right here I just proved to you that me as everyone else on here lack basic comprehension as I even dared to ask the question.
let me be honest, I do think I always posted honest posts on here even when some don't agree with me. It is my view and my experience from what life has dealt me. So I don't expect everyone to see eye to eye with everyone else.

I got no problem with you wanting what you want I really don't. Reason for that is that I don't care what others want. Your choices have no effect on me what so ever. I live with my decision as you and everyone else does.
Point is how your decisions work for you??

For me while I'm not happy with every choice I made over all I did well for my self.
Let me tell you something while you have your wants and wishes so does every person out there who have the freedom to make a choice. While you expect someone to fulfill your wants so will the other person. Do you think you have what the other person might want?? Do you have anything unique to offer where the other person will chose you over other women?? Do you really think that if some women are younger then you that makes them stupid?
I deal with people everyday and I did ever since I were 17. I like to think I can read and understand most people as what I do depends on it often.
Let me tell you a stupid 23 year old grows up to be a stupid 60 year old. When you meet a very smart and intelligent 60 year old guess what they were same when they were 25. Do not look down at some one just cause they are younger then you. There are plenty of 40 year old who achieved 100 times more then you ever will. Why would a guy not want to date someone like that? from your posts there must be something wrong with him. For a short period of time I dated a girl who was 22 years younger. I had a blast talking with her and spend time with her. She was very smart and fun. Yes she was hot too. But I should hold it aginst her as smart and hot cant be. Out of all the women I dated she cared the least about money. Even less then you, if you could belive that.
you want what you want but you come across as bitter cause guys that you would like to date would rather date someone else and I guess they date younger women.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 339
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 1:19:31 PM
browneyes. I will not go around skates unless my life depended on it. Tried it and hurts like a mother F****r . Its not my thing I suck at skating period.

A few years back I organized an all day motorcycle ride thru some of the best roads here in SO CALI. They were from some high speed sweepers to tight and very technical canyon roads.
We had a 76 year old guy join us on an older Buell motorcycle. Damn I had some hard time shaking him off my tail. At our first break everyone be it the 20 year old kid on a supersport to some of us the 40 year old guys walk up to him and shake his hand. Everyone was impressed at his riding skills and how smooth he was at riding. I still wish I could ride as well as he does at that age. We all have our own thing we good at.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 340
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 1:48:13 PM
I signed myself up for a motorcycle refresher course. I'd be happy to find a 70 year old that rode and didn't mind if I was on my own bike. I have a friend willing to loan me one of his bikes until I decide on my own. I'm looking forward to it! Opens up a new place for meeting peoples!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 341
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 1:48:42 PM
The iron Nun in the nike ad made me ashamed of how lax I am re exercising.
So to feel better I ate chips :)
Just because someone doesn't agree with you certainly doesn't make them stupid, nor wallet chasers.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 342
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 1:55:42 PM
I skate in straight lines. No turns please.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 343
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 2:07:44 PM

Last post here ....

And yet.....it wasn't.

ok ... one more post.

And yet....it wasn't.

I am also doing much of the overlooking!

Something for the male gender to be grateful for?

the people who have no issue with aging gracefully

So aging "gracefully" means you can only find people your own age, attractive?
Do you have an authoritative reference for that, or did you just pull it out of thin air?

Some of you men can continue to look for your 20 year younger woman ... and you woman who accept this go right ahead .....

Should there be a law against it?
You know, there used to be laws against people marrying someone of a different race (skin color).
What did you think of those laws?

who actually appear to understand my points .

So, are you saying that anyone who agrees with you, understands your points, and anyone who DISagrees with you doesn't understand your points?

So, exactly what ARE your points then?

All we can see from your posts is that you don't think people over a certain age gap should become romantically linked.
Be platonic friends only.
Because they are UNABLE to love each other in a romantic way.
Only a "convenient" (read shallow) way.
Apparently because you, in all your vast "worldliness", have never seen it.

So if those are your "points", we understand them, and do not agree with them.

I don't believe a 10 year old could have a child.

Well, if you Google "youngest mothers in history", you will get an eye-opening eyefull.

So your "beliefs" have no value to anyone else if real proof exists to the contrary.

You have claimed that you treat people as individuals, but your posts indicate something different.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 344
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 2:29:21 PM
treber2

Let me interpret if I can. If a man my age is not interested in me, is instead interested in much younger women . . . it has to be because he is "insecure". It can have nothing to do with the fact he does not find women my age attractive, either from a physical point of view or maybe even an emotional point of view.

Maybe.....it's your way of thinking.....I guess, you missed my "IMO"......

I feel and think they are insecure...If they have to tell me in their profile....How young they are or How good looking they are.
Who does that??
Those that are secure in who/what they are....shouldn't have to point it out to others.....again...imo.
I am very careful to never define...."all" and usually use terms of "some" or "imo".....
Like I said.....Let people date who they want or what they are attracted to....makes no never mind to me.
 treber2
Msg: 345
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 3:17:27 PM

feel and think they are insecure...If they have to tell me in their profile....How young they are or How good looking they are.
Who does that??

That I wouldn't know. I don't generally review profiles. But I do agree with you. If a person in a profile tells you how good looking or how young looking . . . they suffer from something. Not sure it would be insecurity . . . maybe Trumpism though.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 346
Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 3:18:41 PM
Hey Boo, LOL Haven't been in roller skates for many years ! When I was, I was pretty damn good at it.
Ice skating last winter. Snow tubing last winter. Never did learn to downhill ski, Oh well!
Congrats for your new "course" adventure! That is awesome! You go girl!

Now about this age datin' thing. WTF.
Seriously, the last time I used the word, "icky", was when........................Hmmmm, now that I think about it, I can't remember. Well ,I threw a rotten tomato, out into the soybean field the other day. I guess it was kinda "icky".
Here's my philosophy. I do what I want to do, I date who I want to date, .........................I don't give a' rats patuttey, what someone else does. Why should I?

LOL Me silent?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >