Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Totally out of left field replies to intro messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Totally out of left field replies to intro messagesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
One of the few that ever answered me back, told me that most of the time, we'd go to Chicago for dates. (She lived 15 miles from me) Oh yippee! A four hour round trip just for a date?

Excuse me, I hear my mother calling me.
 2ufo
Msg: 27
Totally out of left field replies to intro messages
Posted: 5/8/2016 6:19:16 PM
Then I suppose Texas is out of the question?
:-)
(Just a mildly flirtatious remark, hope it made you laugh).
 ndm147
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/8/2016 10:28:21 PM
2ufo we both live in San Antonio.
 2ufo
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/8/2016 11:11:13 PM
Yep, noticed that a week or so ago.
I'd say that the best people live in SA... except a few (or quite a few) live here on POF
:-)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:13:14 PM

..................except a few (or quite a few) live here on POF:-)

Not permanent residential real estate. More like tax free, low maintenance, vacation property.

LOL, A few times I received a 1st message, making no sense to me whatsoever.
1. From a man locally, "Why are you here, if you live so far away?"
2. "What's wrong with you?"
3. "Good luck, you're gonna need it"

Then,............... there was the guy who sent an explicit sexual inquiry as a first message.
My custom was to delete and block, in these cases.
In this instance I decided to respond, just because the question ticked me off.
(me) "How would you like it, if I hit you up the side of your head with a ball bat?
(him) "Why?"
(me) "Why??? You were rude, vulgar, your question was un-called for, and out of line."
(him) "Go away and stop bothering me".

LOL Allrighty then!
 naulaj
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2016 4:51:39 PM
My response: "I have a tongue. I'll keep it moist. Easy to reach from down here..."

sooo inappropriate but i love the response. lol
 hemingway234
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/8/2016 2:50:32 PM
If you date long enough, you'll hear every excuse you could imagine. Nothing surprises me anymore.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2016 2:53:30 PM

I've had some gals that live far away but said they'd be in my area in 6 months.

Many times I've had emails from women who claimed to be moving to my area, or asked me NOT TO DATE ANYONE until they moved out there! Ha! Ha!

One woman in particular was in Germany, and I traded a lot of mail with her because she had some interesting comments. In every letter I told her how I was dating other women and wasn't going to wait for her. Eventually I blocked her.
 StumbledN
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/5/2016 10:53:22 AM

Sheesh- you reply to one person, and suddenly his post and profile have disappeared.

Sheesh- I hope it wasn't me you were replying to.
I got a message once that just said "Your profile is stupid."
And when I tried my usual standard canned and very pleasant note to thank her for reading my profile, I found that she had already blocked me! lol! I think she's prolly had more experience at this than I have.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2016 2:24:35 PM
I dont get replies very often,what I noticed this past week is that 2 or 3 of those I had messaged had changed thier profile completely around. I mean 180dgrees around to the point where I would of never messaged them to begin with!

And all this time I never once thought I had the power to change how a woman thinks!
 zonavar68
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2016 3:29:33 AM
I find I go through 'phases' where I actually get some replies, and sub-phases where most of them are 'umm no we are not compatible' replies, where some of them are 'send me your email or phone number' (instant scam alert flag!), where most are very clearly not written in structured English (instant scam alert flag!), or most are the 'you are too far away' when that can be as little as 50 km (ie basically the next town when we're talking a rural/country regional area).

Majority of the time there are just no replies at all.
 eigna1962
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2016 6:23:48 PM
LOL @ limited things to people within walking distance... although that's funny Ive gotten pretty much the same here, when the guy was only 35 miles from me. To me, that's "local"
 eigna1962
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2016 6:27:40 PM
I should change my nic to alotjaded because I don't get many replies either. apparently being blunt n honest isn't a thing
 Damilovely
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2016 4:49:31 AM
OP, I've had a couple of messages asking if I am open to dating outside my race and another one asking "Do you like white men?" I blocked the later and to the former I replied "Why not?".

I amended my profile yesterday to subtly state that I'm open to dating inter-racially so that I don't get those sort of questions but perhaps it's not necessary and might even raise more questions who knows??

The fact is a lot of black women feel they should only date within their race. It's unfortunate that one will rule out the opportunity to have a loving relationship because of the colour of one's skin but hey, worse things have happened.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/30/2016 6:42:33 PM
I am still wiping my eyes at Igors twelve mile long distance woman and Norwegian's. response to the dry. V'd heels wearing woman ;) What a perfect response lol
 LincsAndy
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 5:19:57 AM
The weirdest message I've had so far wasn't a reply to an intro, it was the intro...

"Hi, I read your profile and you sound like just my type but your curtains are hideous! So disappointing. Good luck in your search"

W T F ?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/28/2017 6:24:30 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Now that was funny! Thanks for that LincsAndy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Totally out of left field replies to intro messages