Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Totally out of left field replies to intro messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 50
Totally out of left field replies to intro messagesPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Now that was funny! Thanks for that LincsAndy.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Totally out of left field replies to intro messages
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:26:31 PM
First of all how can anyone tell if you are a decent guy by a profile picture. She was just sugar coating the rejection.
She can opt to ignore any messages from white guys and only respond to the black ones....She can write that she is interested in various ethnicities. Worked for me when I was online and I got a cross section to choose from or not..

LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:27:55 PM
lincsandy

You dodged a bullet there lol! Imagine what else she would want to change if she was in your life!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:32:02 PM
butterchickenchuck

Well, how turned on would a man be who has to look up at a woman he is with.... She could wear flat shoes if she was wanting to have sex lol!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:33:37 PM
I remember a guy who would not consider meeting a woman who lived beyond 15 miles. He was needless to say on the dating sites for years....
 BarbaraGoodLife
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/29/2017 12:48:02 PM
I'm grateful when people are weird right up front. You didn't waste any time or energy on that. Besides, we're grown ups and you can certainly do better than someone who expresses "you are" as "u r."
 BarbaraGoodLife
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/29/2017 12:49:22 PM
HA!
W T F indeed!
Who are these people?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/29/2017 1:03:13 PM
LETITIA , msg 56

You're not seriously suggesting that a man wouldn't be turned on by a woman who was drop dead gorgeous simply because he had to look up at her ...... are you ???????

Surely, your tongue was firmly implanted in your cheek ?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/29/2017 2:01:30 PM
Ha! Barb you made me giggle, I cannot message you ( your restrictions) but you might just want to double check your Header :/
 zonavar68
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2017 3:21:55 AM
Used to all the normal sort of 'not interested' responses, but got a new one today!

"I feel I am suited more to the professional type." It also included the standard 'I am only wanting someone *local*' disclaimer meaning that being about 2 hrs away and a few hundred km is too far.

ie. I'm not an Elite Single or a Beautiful Person lol. ;-) I'm not a doctor, lawyer, engineer, banker, politician, law enforcement officer, etc... Just been a professional heavy transport worker doing shiftwork for the past 30 yrs. Guess that's not 'professional' since I'm not a manager. double lol.

Oh well, move right along.
 Maleman999
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/8/2017 6:46:24 AM
"I feel I am suited more to the professional type" is code for "I want someone who makes a lot of money"-gold digger alert. They don't realize that some blue collar trades can pay as much as some "professional" jobs.

As far as the wanting someone who is local, that's more practical than looking for someone who goes to work wearing a suit. How would you date if you live far away and have odd working hours?
 ohenryx
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2017 1:06:18 AM
Back last October, a woman sent me an initial message over on Ok*Cupid. We exchanged a few messages, and I asked her to meet with me. She replied along the lines of, “I just read your profile, and you seem like a player. I’m not sure I want to meet you.”

Two items to note there. She sent the first message, we exchanged several messages, and THEN she read my profile? Very strange.

Fast forward to this very afternoon, six months later. She sends me another message:

hey - want to have coffee or something? I've learned a lot in the last 5 months of online dating..........____ (name redacted).

Which makes me very curious. Did she decide that it was okay to date a “player”?

Or did she decide that I wasn’t actually a player?

Or something entirely different?

I do plan to meet her and find out!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2017 1:23:49 PM

"I feel I am suited more to the professional type." It also included the standard 'I am only wanting someone *local*' disclaimer meaning that being about 2 hrs away and a few hundred km is too far.

Nothing wrong with the 2nd part. Depending on one's flexibility, considering their past experiences with the liklihood of others' flexibilities, 2hrs away is too much LD to really work out. You can't roll your eyes at that.

The first part though does make my skin crawl. People hijack and misuse the word "professional" all the time to want to sound snazzy/posh/etc. If you were a professional plumber, you wouldn't be lacking in having a profession, thus, a straight-up "professional". That's what the word means. If one means what they say with that quote of hers, basically that would apply to someone who's not set into any profession -- like, waiting tables and doing odd jobs to make ends meet (or even making a lot of $$ if lucky doing it; they're lacking a set "profession").... or being an intern or new in a certain area, and they aren't professional "enough" in what they do.

I don't think she meant gold-digger necessarily though. You working in Transport -- like, say, a bus driver -- I think would lack being a "trade" of a certain kind, so I can see how her quote Could apply... IF you laid out exactly what you do, and it just being something just like that. Obviously that's not what she was aiming at -- it was more "I want a guy who's white collar, not blue collar -- unless he's managing a blue collar place, which is kinda white collar." Really, it's just they want a white-collar worker who represents having the potential to "move up in the world"... but it would take "extra gold" being in the blue-collar arena to "make up for it".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Totally out of left field replies to intro messages