Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A man and his car...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 76
A man and his car...Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

5. Job? (so we can have fun)

7. Ambitious?(so he feels like he's going someplace)

9. House? (so he can ask you to move in and help him with the garden)

Ah. The post-coitus discovery phase. Cause only a doormat is gonna hand over his man card pre-coitus. Am I right?

At least you didn't mention salaried white collar professional with a yacht.

Yet another mortgage seeking entity.

But kudos for not placing these at the top of your list :)

So ..... how about guys? All this chat about how we women judge men based on the type of vehicle and condition of the vehicle he drives...what do you guys judge us on? Our car? Our boobs? What??

1) A nice smile is eternal. A bottle of wine and a dimmer switch will take care of the rest.

2) Is she looking for a meal ticket or an organic relationship? If she's into things first and not me, we are not a match.

3) Does she drink white wine?

NJgirl116
Msg: 77
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 7:55:22 AM
TBH after my ex-husband who had no car at all... any car where he's not putting my life in danger while getting from point A to point B, is acceptable. I think the nicest cars my dates gave me rides in were Mercedes, BMW and a convertible Audi... the BMW was nice for long roads outside of the city... the cars had no impact on the outcome of things though.
 gtomustang
Msg: 78
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 10:19:51 AM
Nice to meet you, Whatsa...but you haven't lived in my area the last few decades :)

My plans for today got thrown off b/c my best friend's (female, drives Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipse as good looking as her :) ) daughter is kicking out her live in bf of 7 years. He can pick out what BMW he wants to drive, but can't cough up a ring before her biological clock runs out. He's good looking, draws $100K a year, so he appears to be a catch to people their age, but he's Mr. Right Down the Middle--any time they go out, she has to pay her half. At their age, the material things are important, but at our age, you just want a partner as comfortable as your favorite pair of old jeans.

in the old days, when men brought home the bacon, they likely didn't worry about what car their girl was driving to the date, they'd be buying one for her when it got serious as a sign of their manhood and provider status. They might be more focused on whether or not her daddy was loaded :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 79
view profile
History
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 12:13:41 PM

One of the nicest girls I knew that just got married always drove an old car that was really messy inside.

I don't think people make assumptions about how nice or mean someone is when it's really messy inside. A common sense assumption would be it's a reflection of how she keeps her place, to some degree -- and that she's not a neat-nick (phew), but also that she's not the most organized person out there. Guys tend to be less picky about a gal who can be kinda 'messy' -- but for guys, it's something to be aware of. It's always said in dating or even pick-up books and such -- what kind of car you drive means little, just don't have it be a rusty POS is all. And the most important thing is to keep the car clean without any even faint unpleasant smell to it. It reflects on how you roll in life.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 80
view profile
History
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 12:57:43 PM

No man that can afford a better car...drives a piece a junk.

Celebrities that drive older, late model cars...
Leo DiCaprio drives a Toyota Prius
Justin Timberlake drives a Volkswagon Jetta
Conan O'Brian drives a Ford Taurus
Tom Hanks drives a Scion XB
Probably, most famously - Pope Francis drives a 1984 Renault 4 Hatchback with 186,000 miles

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2012/08/03/eight-cheap-cars-the-richest-americans-drive/
 2ufo
Msg: 81
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 5:28:35 PM
Leo and Justin are too young. Conan and Tom are married.
And, I don't believe Pope Francis does much dating...
 flman2015
Msg: 82
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 6:07:31 PM

And, I don't believe Pope Francis does much dating...

Proof that the pope-mobile is no chick magnet.
 JJBean21
Msg: 83
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/9/2016 7:49:58 PM

And, I don't believe Pope Francis does much dating..

Ok...now I'm really laughing. As long as the guy's car is relatively clean inside, not rusted out, and has minimal bumper stickers, and doesn't have a loud muffler....I'm in. On the other hand, one guy I met was constantly looking out the window when we were in the restaurant. Why? To make sure he could keep an eye on his car. He was obsessed that no one park beside it and ding it, scratch it, bump it....lol True story.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 84
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/9/2016 8:41:50 PM
I dunno.

I'm getting flash backs of riding a Big Wheel and flipping off the kid on the Huffy Green Machine racing past me.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 85
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 4:05:03 AM
I am a car guy, the car in my profile pic was built by me from an old car and a pile of tubing. But it would be hard to tell on a daily basis. I drive a large pickup and a beater (cheap car easy on gas), the pickup is to pull my trailer, neither one is particularly clean and polished, I keep them neat but my car time gets spent on the race car.
My life does kinda revolve around the race car so have found I get along best with women who look at cars as more than just A to B transportation. Does not mean they have an expensive or fast car but at least a minimal interest.
Have found though the women I have dated look past the beater car I pick them up in and look at the bigger picture before we continue or they dump me. Grin
 cooldog65
Msg: 86
view profile
History
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 4:46:44 AM
Just another thing us guys get bashed on...our car.

And what do you women bring to the table?
 wineaboutit
Msg: 87
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/10/2016 5:52:34 AM
I know people who prefer not to be saddled with car payments. I have a friend who is very handy with car repair and maintenance and his car is close to 20 years old. So, you can have an older car that still looks decent, his does. So, it is all context if the car looks like it is falling apaprt and the person driving it looks that way as well then maybe it signifies something.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 88
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 5:55:52 AM
^^ Impeccable table manners :)
Belle isn't quite correct - I use my car to haul my creatures, it is always clean but pointless to have a fancy leather seated one that will get scratched.
Seems all big double cab trucks feel the need to ding my poor old ride :(
But anyone who wants you buy me a 1963 Avanti.. TIA :/
 Dragracer428
Msg: 89
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 6:45:49 AM

Seems all big double cab trucks feel the need to ding my poor old ride :(

Its not our fault, parking spots are way too small. Grin
When driving the truck I do not even try to park close to where I am going. Gets me some odd looks from my dates when I park in the hinterlands.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 90
view profile
History
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/10/2016 6:54:37 AM
Ahh! You just hit on it.
I can drive newer vehicles, but I'm not familiar with them. Three of my old derelict vehicles were the same make and models. I knew what would give out next on them. The 'net has been a fountain of knowledge for tracking down and troubleshooting my mechanical issues.

Now, let's take a Fer-instance- For a minute, I am in a relationship. Her car takes a major dump, and will cost a small fortune to fix. I can fix it myself, and save her about 90% of the money that it would cost a repair shop to do it. In exchange, she cooks me a fine dinner. So we both benefited from that.

But, I came away with one other thing out of this exchange. The good feeling that I possessed the talent to be able to bail her out of a tough spot. I made a difference.

No one can take that away from me.
 JJBean21
Msg: 91
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 7:15:33 AM

And what do you women bring to the table?

Cooldog65---nobody's bashing guys because of their cars----it goes both ways of what we value and what we don't value in a partner.
It's all about presenting yourself and what is a part of your lifestyle--- be it a car, house, clothes, appearance, hygiene, etc.

All of these might be important to people and to some it is not. Just curious as to what you think is important for a woman to bring to the table besides your dinner?
 south_city
Msg: 92
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 7:47:09 AM

People can get judged on any minor detail of their life. Whether it's a car or the length of their longest relationship or the type of TV shows / movies they watch etc.
 cooldog65
Msg: 93
view profile
History
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:25:12 AM
JJBean21...

Just curious as to what you think is important for a woman to bring to the table besides your dinner?

Predictable response.

Dinner would be nice, along with a better attitude for dessert.
 Maleman999
Msg: 94
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 9:44:26 AM

Just curious as to what you think is important for a woman to bring to the table besides your dinner?

Of course, it would be beer.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 95
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 9:49:31 AM
Cooldog
What would you like her to bring? Besides vinyl records> :/
I bring my delightful sense of humor and the ability to stop your heart in bed. No, ain't that good, just know how to stop a Heart HAHAHAHA
I'm suffering cabin fever caring for a post Op pup. Sorry
ohwhoamikidding? Not sorry.. would pay $30 for a cup of coffee on a patio right now
 2ufo
Msg: 96
A man and his car...
Posted: 4/10/2016 10:09:43 AM
Cooldog, Maleman:

I could give you everything I am and you want dinner, beer and desert with a better attitude? That's too degrading for me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 97
view profile
History
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 10:12:59 AM
^^^^^ Degrading? You don't get my quirky humor.

@Ouija...Vinyl records...Somebody is singing (speaking) my language!

Just don't bring "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy.

I would prefer "If I Were Your Woman" by Gladys Knight and the Pips!
 2ufo
Msg: 98
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 12:16:37 PM

^^^^^ Degrading? You don't get my quirky humor.

Guess not.
 gtomustang
Msg: 99
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 3:59:55 PM
90% difference is pretty good, since the cost of parts might be the same. Of course, the $100 per hr mechanic might throw in a set of muffler bearings while he's in there. As far as a woman judging me for my car, hey, she's not bashing me, she just wants what she wants. Just like I prefer a nice rack (since we're speaking about garage time here). why should we date people who aren't a good match for us and our preferences?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 100
view profile
History
A boy and his Big Wheel
Posted: 4/10/2016 4:47:17 PM

nobody's bashing guys because of their cars

Let's call a spade a spade here and not lie to ourselves -- although 'bash' is too strong a word in many cases, it's the same concept -- judging in a negative way.

it goes both ways of what we value and what we don't value in a partner

In a partner or in a car? :)

It's all about presenting yourself and what is a part of your lifestyle--- be it a car, house, clothes, appearance, hygiene, etc.

How is a car a lifestyle for everyone or virtually everyone? How high-school of a mentality must one have to actually believe that? :) Look, how unnecessarily messy the car is on the inside is an indicator of their lifestyle in a certain particular way, yeah. How rusty/pos it is when it's their go-to vehicle is a very strong indicator of their financial situation. And yes, some people are high-schoolish and want a particular type of car that spends over 22 hours a day without them around it. But trying to play guessing games on their lifestyle just due to the type of car they're driving is pretty high-schoolish, don't you think?

In the end, the car shouldn't really care to each person, unless said vehicle sticks out like a sore thumb (uber expensive/chic compared to most others, or a very noticeable POS).

Well, many women expect the server to bring the dinner, and the guy to pay for it. :) So what is important? Well, this is a change of topic, but Honesty... her real personality. Nothing more than what's expected by the guy, except the dating market is by default going to expect him to pay for her date bills. Especially when the guy follows that unfortunate-but-popular routine, the rest of the experience shouldn't be a One-Way street -- meaning she's no more the panel-of-judges + him the contestant, any more than she's the contestant and He's the panel-of-judges on her.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A man and his car...