Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is your longest internet only relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 49
view profile
History
What is your longest internet only relationshipPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

My ex has had one for over eight years. They have met up (for two two week holidays) but haven't seen each other in the flesh for over five years.

That, I can understand if you're just IM friends who exchange boy-girl advice -- where you're more apt to get Real advice if you want it -- because it's easier for one to be more guilt-free when saying it like-it-is. But unless it's something like that, not a good idea. 2 two-week holidays doesn't sound like a fun extended weekend vacation spent hanging out like you would with a buddy far away. We can say "Hey it's cool -- whatever floats one's boat" -- OK. But, we should then be consistent and say that in the same approving way as a guy who likes to just sit at home playing video games after work and sinks into a comfort zone after years and years and years, just doing that and too awkward/uncomfortable to meet a gal (as 'reading material' on the Internet will make him happy on that end too).

She swears they're in love, ditched a marriage for him, and skype for hours every day. She's just that sort of person, I guess.
 matthew832016
Msg: 50
What is your longest internet only relationship
Posted: 12/30/2016 1:57:40 AM
This beautiful blonde woman from Ireland. We started corresponding in December of 2007 when my unit was well into mobilization for Iraq. She kept me centered until November of the following month through email and phone calls while I was deployed. I didn't return to the U.S. and completely off deployment orders until January of 2009; however, her disappearance left a void. That would be my longest.
 matthew832016
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/30/2016 1:58:07 AM
*November of the following year.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/30/2016 5:58:17 AM
Since I know/knew both parties, fairly certain Cowboy never did fly to Florida.
I've had friends on line for years, never a romantic relationship.
Can't see how it could be called a relationship if you've never met, or met only once over the years/
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2016 6:09:25 AM
About 10 years now - we met on this site, and still correspond. Almost managed to meet when I was in the UK on business 5 years ago.
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/30/2016 7:34:06 AM
"fairly certain Cowboy never did fly to Florida"

that's odd, there was such a hubbub made. Ah well, something must have come up. Anyway, I don't suspect that meeting someone online and becoming pen pals is all that bad, we used to do it as kids with pen and paper (or was my grade school the only one to do such things and connect with a soldier or a "sister school" in some other part of the country or world?). In the era of Facebook, I have two friends I can think of now from this site, haven't met in person and likely won't due to distance, but there is "communication" and it is a platonic relationship.

I also had an ex gf who I met online and we consummated in person, call around Christmas time to catch up for the year. Her husband's been denied back surgery three times this past year and when they tried to have sex, he couldn't walk for a week. But I doubt that's why she called :)
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/30/2016 3:45:07 PM
GTO---
, I don't suspect that meeting someone online and becoming pen pals is all that bad, we used to do it as kids with pen and paper (or was my grade school the only one to do such things

We did the penpal thing in grade school too. I thought it was marvelous to write to a stranger and they would write back. Though sometimes I would get freaked out by them telling me stuff I had no clue about---comes to mind a NZ correspondent who told me they had a 'batch on the beach'---I did not have the confidence to ask what the hell that was, so that was that...

These days I ask when I have no clue.

Several years for me~
 Ouija2025
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/30/2016 4:59:26 PM
GTO
Yea but I'm certain I am correct, the meeting never happened
Never had a penpal growing up. Nor a batch on the beach.
At least I am still not as lame as Gary ( guy we knew who was well, a tad naive)
I still don;t ask Carefree, I just nod hope for the best :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is your longest internet only relationship