Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > People who have been single most of their lives.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ndm147
Msg: 76
People who have been single most of their lives.Page 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Onyx49 your comments are always funny. A bit off topic but funny. Clooneys tutor, I love what you said to put on a female profile: seeking companionship for two hours, 3 days a week. Bring your own food, booze and condoms and be commitment oriented.

I am going to put those words on my profile (really am) because no matter what I write all I get are scammers.

A guy suggested I was bartering for sex and that was not true. I have large home and yard and he could easily do some home oriented tasks in exchange for the free furniture.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 77
view profile
History
People who have been single most of their lives.
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:25:48 PM
I would want at least separate bedrooms and a space where I could do my own thing if I ever found anyone I would want to co-habitate with on a serious basis. I have had my heart broken like many others and I think I put up barriers to further hurt. The downside to that is that I get lonely for a companion occasionally. I don't want a 24/7 thing, just a few days a week for a few hours, we are in touch and can do activities together. I would be reluctant at this stage to have anyone move in as soon he would be wanting me to do the wifely chores all the time. I have found that most men want a commitment even when there is no legal binding and they themselves may want to roam.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:26:57 PM
I read an article somewhere that after 50, it really is about money (aka retiring alone). Not counting on someone else to build a nest with anymore.

If I ever do reach that point, I'd rather save the money for scented hand lotion.

Either I'm all in or all out.

Can't fathom some emotional investment, part time.

Doesn't compute for this camper.

MSG 79, from what I've read at the senior homes, it's the women that are prolific while the men just want kick their feet up and are content with one gal.

Holy Sh!t Batman!

NDM147 wasn't kidding.

NDM, is your inbox filling up after updating your profile??

hahahhahaaaa

cassie2425
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/10/2016 8:53:57 PM
I'm the same Clooney...all in or all out. We have to find what works for us. And I want to blend the nests and make a home for two with onward to retirement..a plan for the future and not just for today.

I just don't know how you work around the part time thing and who's preferences take over. I just see the going back and forth and then an eventual drift apart. But I guess I look at it through my eyes and not someone else's eyes.

Maybe the senior homes around Letitia aren't as racy as some here. Many senior areas have a very high rate of STD's so some are doing the horizontal mambo.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2016 10:43:45 PM

I wonder if I can find two houses attached by a single room?

Yeah, but if you're going to also want to share the bed -- then your taste/POV is pretty much just wanting to live with an SO if the house is has some size to it, right? I know the feeling of living with someone in a 1-bathroom apartment (that's not even necessarily a small apartment). You'll feel too closed in.

Ideally, a relationship for me involves living separately, and spending quality time a couple times a week or weekends and holidays.

So a part-time BF? :) If that's all I wanted from a gal, I would have to say that I wouldn't want to be in LTR-mode. And admittedly, with many gals who I'd date and have attraction to, I'd only want to max-out at that level. But I also realize that that wouldn't be wise for an LTR (and most girls wouldn't want to be in that just-dating mode for the long-term).

for others the norm seems to be to "take things to the next level". I don't want to, or at least might want to but really really slowly

IMO, it is best to take it to that next level or stop being an exclusive Relationship. It's a good test after some time. I can understand going somewhat slowly if spending a ton of time with them would require some scheduling shifts that one's not at all used to, etc. And I understand not wanting the 24/7 thing. And nobody should look to rush into that, 'cause that can break what could have been a good thing in the making.

My POV: If you're just wanting to spend a couple times a week hanging out after work -- or having just a weekend/holiday BF -- as an LTR -- then you're not That That into them. Which is fine, as long as he's on that level, but not fine in terms of that getting in the way of meeting someone where it Wouldn't take a "really really" longtime to be on the next level above just-dating-but-exclusive.

Although that can serve as a happy medium, and great for certain periods of time in one's life where it'd be hard to find someone who'd be a good true LTR match anyway, it's not something ideal... as marinating in just-dating indefinitely will have little chance of producing the ideal relationship. I'm all for taking it Slow as far as moving in or practically moving in is concerned, when one hasn't been in a serious LTR in a long time. But IMO, an LTR's only worth it in that long run if it's more than just-dating-but-exclusive.
 ndm147
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:01:05 AM
Cassie, get a stepstool to reach the upper cabinets; I am also petite.

Clooney, yes I did add it to my profile, but omitted the part abouting bringing one's own condoms. That was a bit over the top. I have a rule about not inviting a guy over to my place till I know him well. I am getting a bit more online traffic now.
 Onyx49
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:08:01 AM
msg-75

I'd like to find that place to get small or medium size eggs...occasionally, I make my grandmothers cornbread which calls for 1 small egg...the large size throws the mixture off, causing the bread to be to moist and it falls apart easily.
 cassie2425
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:11:26 AM
^^^ You can take a large egg, whisk it with a fork and then measure out half the liquid egg with a spoon. Not a big deal.

Do you put cheese and bacon or a can of creamed corn in your corn bread or do the traditional type recipe?
 Onyx49
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:22:16 AM
Yes...she would fry the bacon and use only the grease in the mixture and a little corn and jalapeno's...then chop the bacon into bits and add to collard greens....okay, I'll try measuring half of 1.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:24:07 AM
Not getting why not living together or getting married means one isn't all in Clooney
I could enjoy homemade cornbread right now.
Onyx, go to an organic store for little eggs.
Heck even the jumbo eggs here look tiny
bacon and cheese cornbread.. drool
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/11/2016 9:43:27 AM

My POV: If you're just wanting to spend a couple times a week hanging out after work -- or having just a weekend/holiday BF -- as an LTR -- then you're not That That into them.

LOL It's called "making adjustments."
My work hours, his work hours, his prior family commitments, my responsibilities, were all present when we met. We are available to each other, on days off/weekends/holidays. We are no less "INTO" each other, no less "INTO" our relationship. We are "Together" in our hearts and in the lives of our families and friends. We are seen as a couple, regardless of separate addresses.

The key here, Whatsamatterbaby, is finding the man who wants, what you want. Is it easy? LOL OMG NO! Be open to the possibilities. The man you seek may or may not be found. Who knows? Just be ready when opportunity knocks!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/11/2016 10:08:05 AM

I'm wondering how many people are out there who are like me. I have the same basic relationship needs as most other people: Mutual support, physical contact, monogamy... But I don't need it 24/7. Ideally, a relationship for me involves living separately, and spending quality time a couple times a week or weekends and holidays. I've had this before but for others the norm seems to be to "take things to the next level". I don't want to, or at least might want to but really really slowly, and by that time the other person has lost interest, and my poor little heart gets broken. What I'm wondering is if there are very many people like me out there who are mentally healthy, but just have this preference? Will I ever find someone like this who isn't freaky weird?

Mattababy needs to hear some encouraging words.

Totally, this is what I wrote in that infamous LAT thread, which still holds true today"

It's not FB or FWB, it's more about eternally dating, sustaining that magic. That which keeps people interesting in being with each other. You get your space to do what you want (painting, drawing, sculpturing, lighting, home projects, decorating, building ships, have a music studio at home, have a theater room, a swing room, a massive collection of something, a sowing room, a photography room, etc). Some activities require that you have time and space, a place where you can freely express yourself without interruptions. You can have girls night out, slumber party, watch a boxing fight with friends, Super Bowl, your favorite TV shows with your in-crowd, a place to help a friend out temporarily, etc.

People in this arrangement don't fall in the rut of seeing each other everyday for the rest of their lives, and most likely don't get too comfortable (letting the other see them at their worst) or clipping toe nails, waxing/shaving, plucking/trimming nose hairs, popping pimples, masturbating, and all those glamorous things we do, that we know take place but don't necessarily want/have to see.

I'm not saying the same can't be achieved while living together (with excellent communication and understanding), but it also offers options. You can stay at the other person's place from time to time, weeks at a time, months at a time, days at a time, etc, then you can spend a night in your place, eating ice cream, masturbating, and looking at weird stuff on the internet. Don't think of as two separate residencies, more like two shared residences, you can stay at either place. If something is being repaired in your place, you can stay at her place. Options are good. It is not a lack of commitment or lack of love, we all want time to ourselves from time to time.

FWB= friends that happen to also have sex. There is no romance, no commitment, a temporary situation while someone else comes along who wants more than just sex and be friendship.

FB= people that meet at whatever frequency for the purpose go having sex. These people don't care about how eCh other's day went, what you're going through or anything not pertaining to just having sex.

LAT= two people in a committed relationship/marriage, who happen to have separate residences.

Let me point out the obvious, you are living apart while you start dating each, then it gets exclusive, then relationship, while being engaged (for most), etc. The union is not any less exclusive or committed just because you don't live in the same place every single day.

I'm stepping way outside of what I believe is ideal for me, to try someone else's way of doing things. Change doesn't have to be necessarily bad. I am WILLING to give living together a chance. Such will require that I change a lot of things about myself, my lifestyle, etc. But if we don't ever try something new, how will we know its not for us?

I'm going to find out soon enough if this is something I can handle or if I'll have to make other arrangements in order for us stay together.
 gtomustang
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/11/2016 10:08:28 AM
awwww man, you had to mention cornbread? we got a blues and ribs joint up here (http://www.blackeyedsallys.com/menus/) that serves cornbread in place of rolls. Some boys from Hotlanta were up here and got an order to bring back to their hotel room....

As for LAT, I think as we get older and (presumably) inherit our childhood homes or have a house we've invested in emotionally and made our own little castle, it feels nice to keep our oasis we can run to when we've had enough of our partner (and maybe their kids). Like ULL said, some couples flourish with separate lives. I've also known some retirees who spent their lives pursuing both their careers, and then they are confronted with this sudden stranger they thought they knew.

LAT is simple a dealbreaker for some. its one of those issues that can be attacked as "bashing" or "too picky", but in the end, don't we want a partner we feel comfortable around? or are we just looking to get laid and get confirmation that "I'm OK, you're OK"?

or maybe we all just need to buy big houses with a lot of rooms :) Mancaves, offices, living rooms for company only, and where ever women classically "made their own". once we get old enough to snore in bed, we likely do what my parents did and sleep in separate rooms just to get a full night's rest.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 10:28:03 AM
I’ve never been seriously threatened by marriage. I’ve never been in relationship that made it to “marriage talk” and I’ve in fact only been in one real relationship, which lasted about two years (but was a secretive affair and not “normal” or healthy by anyone’s definition), plus a couple other instances in which I had more than a couple of dates with a woman. The longest I have lived with a woman besides my mother is one week and she was my platonic best friend during a business trip to Los Angeles; the longest I’ve “lived” continuously with any woman that I was romantically involved with was 2 nights, which has happened three times, I think. I don’t have any children (obviously), have not had a roommate since college and have not had pets since I lived with my parents on the farm. I have at times gone more than a year without having a guest at my place at all. So I have been truly about as alone as a person can get without living in a shack on top of a mountain.

I absolutely hate this status and it’s been pretty obvious my entire life that I was meant (psychologically) to be in long term relationships, so to have lived the opposite existence has been mentally devastating. I have obviously adapted or I would have successfully committed suicide long ago, but I look upon the future with great despair. Just as 20 years ago, I could not have imagined my current existence, I cannot fathom the thought of my life being exactly like it is 5 years from now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now... I mean, what is the point, really?

Yet at the same time, I have great concerns about adapting to a shared life should the opportunity ever arise. I am so used to being alone that I’m not sure I can even properly function in a live-in relationship.

That said, I haven’t been a homebody of any sort either – for most of the last 15 years, I worked 70-100 hours a week (7 days a week, sometimes over 100 days in a row without breaks) and dealt with partying, events and very social hobbies nearly all other waking hours, and literally only came home to sleep most of the time. So I could easily see myself being fairly content with letting my live-in partner have as much “alone time” in our place as she needed, but in my case, it’d probably be too much, to the point that she felt neglected. “Home” to me has long been the world’s worst place to be – it’s the place where boring losers hang out because they have no life, and if I’m not at work, then I want to be out on the town, clubs, parties, theaters, concerts, vacations, events - -wherever a bunch of other people are, and I want to be in the middle of it all, not at home in front of a TV or reading a book or knitting a sweater.

So if I somehow end up with a significant other that is a homebody like most of the people in this thread, it wouldn’t be an issue at all to give her her space, but it would become questionable as to whether we were actually in a relationship. I’d probably match up best with somebody who always wants to be out like I do, but unless they’re under 22, those are pretty hard to find, and aside from my best friends, those types of women have never had much interest in me – most of my dates have been quiet, homebody introverts, though all my longer term “relationships” have been with outgoing partiers. Still, even under those circumstances, the idea of living with a woman kinda scares me, not because I don’t want to do it, but I’m not sure I’ll know how to do it and will probably screw it up.

I have to say there is probably no thread in these forums more indicative of just how outside-the-norm POF forum regulars are. Maybe it’s because the vast majority of people I know are either much younger or have been (fairly) happily married for a long time, but this whole “LAT” thing is just an absolutely foreign concept in my social circles. I’m depressed and quite messed up from having lived a bizzaro-world life, but I still hope to one day achieve normalcy, whereas most forum regulars seem like they want to be as weird as possible. Then again, how does one become a dating website forum regular? By having eternal dating/relationship issues.

Okay, now the collection of oddball attitudes here makes sense.

"or maybe we all just need to buy big houses with a lot of rooms :) "

This is how most wealthier and rural people solve this issue. There is nothing worse than being trapped in a 500 SF studio apartment with the "love of your life" for days on end, but if you're in a house so large that there are rooms both of you never visit, then it's almost like you're not even really together except for meeting up in the bedroom.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/11/2016 11:03:34 AM

I absolutely hate this status and it’s been pretty obvious my entire life that I was meant (psychologically) to be in long term relationships, so to have lived the opposite existence has been mentally devastating. I have obviously adapted or I would have successfully committed suicide long ago, but I look upon the future with great despair. Just as 20 years ago, I could not have imagined my current existence, I cannot fathom the thought of my life being exactly like it is 5 years from now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now... I mean, what is the point, really?

In other words, you'd make the perfect boyfriend. The lack of experience may be the problem in that destination. And the people who would make the perfect boyfriend, often don't get a chance to try it out. Like good actors may not be given a chance because they don't embody the physical qualities the casting director is looking for, so you never see them on screen.

But you know what? anything can change at any moment.

Yet at the same time, I have great concerns about adapting to a shared life should the opportunity ever arise. I am so used to being alone that I’m not sure I can even properly function in a live-in relationship.

Just expose them to the way that you live, and see if they can handle it. Anyone who wants to be with me has to make peace with the fact that I'm not a housewife, I'm not even slightly concerned with the amount of dust that is accumulating anywhere (and I'm allergic to dust, lol). If they can't put up with that, we are toast. Yeah, I can clean up and appear to be a proper person, but I got my own place precisely so that I live however I want to live, not live by anyone's rules.

I've been a hoarder since about the age of 8, and had an intervention done and everything. So I waited until I became an adult and moved the f*ck out, so I can be who I really am with no bounds. I know why I hoard and I'm perfectly fine with it, whomever wants to be with me has to understand that there is no undoing this aspect of who I am. I'm not saying they have to agree, but they have to accept it.

So you and I have separate challenges, lol.

and literally only came home to sleep most of the time. So I could easily see myself being fairly content with letting my live-in partner have as much “alone time” in our place as she needed, but in my case, it’d probably be too much, to the point that she felt neglected. “Home” to me has long been the world’s worst place to be – it’s the place where boring losers hang out because they have no life, and if I’m not at work, then I want to be out on the town, clubs, parties, theaters, concerts, vacations, events - -wherever a bunch of other people are, and I want to be in the middle of it all, not at home in front of a TV or reading a book or knitting a sweater.

You and I both. I used to be a homebody (not exactly by choice), I would spend a lot of time home reading, doing homework, doing what needs to be done for school and had a very limited social life, and was in a relationship at that time. I felt very restricted, I spent a lot of time in school, a lot of time at work, and most of my free time with my then boyfriend. It wasn't until after that relationship ended, that I started to be social, go out on my own and now I don't want to be home. I figure, time is going to pass no matter what we do, and I don't want to get to old age not having experienced all that life has to offer. I work too damn much and hard, to want to stay home on my free time, nah! that's whack. I only stay home when I'm in pain.

it wouldn’t be an issue at all to give her her space, but it would become questionable as to whether we were actually in a relationship.

Very interesting concept. As long as someone is getting what they need in the amount they need it, there shouldn't be an issue.

Still, even under those circumstances, the idea of living with a woman kinda scares me, not because I don’t want to do it, but I’m not sure I’ll know how to do it and will probably screw it up.

If it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be.

Okay, now the collection of oddball attitudes here makes sense.

*rolling my eyes*

They'll always be sheeple.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 11:29:31 AM

My POV: If you're just wanting to spend a couple times a week hanging out after work -- or having just a weekend/holiday BF -- as an LTR -- then you're not That That into them.
LOL It's called "making adjustments."

I agree. If you're in it for Long Term just-dating or being just a weekend/holiday significant other -- you're not making adjustments over a very reasonable amount of time.

My work hours, his work hours, his prior family commitments, my responsibilities, were all present when we met.

In Whatsamatterbaby's situation, it isn't (mainly/purely) a schedule thing. It's her desires of what's ideal to her at the core -- her comfort-zone. That's a difference between one working 3rd shift and another working 1st shift, etc.

We are no less "INTO" each other, no less "INTO" our relationship. We are "Together" in our hearts and in the lives of our families and friends.

If a couple only set to see each other on weekends & holidays -- it's not like there's not much there, or that it'd be a stretch on the street to call them a 'couple' if it's been a Long time just dating. But I would argue never getting to the point beyond that, or over a long period of time not caring to go beyond that (baby's concept), would not make them as a real close couple. They're just meshing free-time lives -- just dating. With that said, tho: I could see with Some people in that scenario being Really close, talking non-stop during the week, and it being due to Distance that they can never see each other during the week and whatnot. But again, Baby's angle is to Purposely be in a just-dating mode. Big difference.

We are seen as a couple, regardless of separate addresses.

There's a big gap with much in-between, between a weekend BF/GF & moving in together. :) For some, it Only being due to a Geographical distance issue, it may not be easy to pull off, so I understand there (for a good while).

FWB= friends that happen to also have sex. There is no romance, no commitment, a temporary situation while someone else comes along who wants more than just sex and be friendship.

As a side-note, slightly off topic detailing this... and it's good ya separated FB with FWB. Just wanted to note that with FWB there's two distinct types... a group-friend w/ benefits, and a 1-on-1 friend with benefits. The 1-on-1 friend with benefits is basically casual dating with no romance and implied to be temporary but can last a decent while. Many can have a "don't sleep with anyone else" clause because they're 1-on-1 friends, too. Group-Friends w/ Benefits fits the more standard model when we think of FWB. Closer to FB, but they are considered friends but only spend notable 1-on-1 time in the sack (although can lead to 1-on-1 FWB).

LAT= two people in a committed relationship/marriage, who happen to have separate residences.

I don't think there should be some pressure or requirement for people to be living together to have a close strong relationship. If in the long-term, as long as they're willing to come over to each other's place whimsically like Jerry Seinfeld's friends do to his apartment -- great. But for the long-term, if they're not so easily accessible to each other, whether they like it or not, there is a gap in their relationship for an indefinite LTR. However, being married and living in a separate place? LOL. I could see having a 2nd house in another city as one had to work out there or something -- but if you don't want to live together, don't get married (and if a long time has passed, question whether it's a relationship of attachment & convenience, rather than 'the one').
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 11:57:34 AM
The best relationship I had was a long-term one where we were joined at the hips 24/7. It's what we both enjoyed, so we were on the same page, and it was great. I don't understand people who only want limited exposure to their partner.
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 12:53:22 PM
^Eh, whatever. I just seems weird, like a fear, like an insecurity or something. Afraid to get to close, that sort of thing. I only mentioned it because people like me usually get ridiculed as being emotionally needy, like we're weak. So, back at ya. (not you personally)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 1:51:21 PM

The best relationship I had was a long-term one where we were joined at the hips 24/7.

I don't think joined at the hips 24/7 is necessarily for a full-circle, happy marriage-level relationship -- but yeah, it's something great if/when had and actually fruitful. I wouldn't put to That extent as the baseline, of course. But I would put something Purposely Far Away in the Opposite Direction of that as something less than full-circle.

Some may see you as weak or needy and you have to accept others perceptions even if inaccurate ,just like your perceptions that people who like a bit of space must have a fear or something weird so you yourself have judgements based on your own desires.

Whatsamatterbaby's emotional situation/comfort-zone for the long-haul isn't "a bit of space" though. It's like having a weekend/holiday BF, and just capping it at that. Just wanting limited exposure. Having merely a bit of space can be had when living together -- which I think IS good for most couples when living together -- like every week having their own guys/girls night out, not having any hardened ritual of eating together at the same exact time Every single night, and not having a problem with one going way out of town without them for an uncommon shindig that would conflict the SO's interests/plans, etc.
 moraima
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 3:00:28 PM
"I just seems weird, like a fear, like an insecurity or something. Afraid to get to close, that sort of thing."

It now seems weird to me that many people's focus is totally on being partnered. Like their insecurity demands they have a partner so that they aren't alone, or other people don't see them as single. Afraid to learn who they are, and uncomfortable with themselves. Unable to live alone because they can't face themselves.
 cassie2425
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/11/2016 3:38:49 PM
^^^^ You've been single far longer than you were married. So your experience is more of a solo journey. Others not so much. I was married 31 years, that WAS my normal, if I can say normal. I liked living like that, as two in a home. Others have been solo far longer than partnered, that is their normal.

Some think that seeking a full time partner is being insecure, afraid to be alone. Others think the solo crowd are too cold to allow anyone in or they are insecure in letting someone in. Both are wrong.

Find what fits you. But put it out there and announce it quickly and openly - I want to live with someone full time or I want be together but live together but apart. Because none of us should waste our time or get our little hearts broken because we weren't upfront and honest right from date #1.

And that "Afriad to learn who they are, and uncomfortable with themselves. Unable to live alone because they can't face themselves." Condescending bullshit. Some might ask the long time single if they are even capable of sharing love or are they so into themselves and the "I" that they could never be a "we".
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/11/2016 3:52:14 PM

Mattababy needs to hear some encouraging words.

What I'm wondering is if there are very many people like me out there who are mental

Yes, there are.

Ooops, I left out a couple of letters.
My bad.

What I'm wondering is if there are very many people out there who are mentally healthy,

No, there aren't.

Ooops, left out a couple of words this time.

I'm wondering how many people are out there who are like me.

That depends.

Are you an identical twin? Triplet? Quadruplet?

If not, then, based on the physical laws of DNA and fingerprints, none.

and by that time the other person has lost interest,

I already have.

People are discussing egg sizes and cornbread now.
 moraima
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2016 4:27:05 PM
"Condescending bullshit."

In your opinion, not mine.

"Some might ask the long time single if they are even capable of sharing love"

Strange question to ask some widowed from a good marriage.

"so into themselves and the "I" that they could never be a "we"."

Please explain why "we" is better than "I"?

I had a mate where I nor he had to comprise in our relationship. We were capable of just letting the other be themselves.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard "once we are in a relatioship you won't do______ anymore, I would be a rich women.

Most people expect their partners to do this or not do that, and those people cease to be who they were when they fell in love. It is one in a million that don't have these expectations. I am blessed to already have had my one in a million.

"I was married 31 years, that WAS my normal, if I can say normal. I liked living like that, as two in a home. "

I said the same thing until I grew to learn that it no longer fit what I wanted in my life. Who knows you might change too!
 gtomustang
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/11/2016 4:38:36 PM
while in the honeymoon stage of a relationship, partners might be joined at the hip, but by the time of the seven year itch...one might like a little variety. As for our large houses out here, they tend to be in the places not everyone wants to live :) like small towns with few singles. And the more space you have, the more *stuff* you buy to fill it up.

There are some relationship situations I don't want to be in....doesn't mean others aren't dying for them. if those situations work for them, then bully for them....they got what they always wanted.
 Onyx49
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/11/2016 4:47:52 PM
Yes...the fact that small and medium sized eggs have disappeared from stores is horrifying...what are they doing to those chickens to make them produce bowling ball sized eggs ?

I also think this is more interesting then some hens talking about how they think they have the luxury of refusing decent guys...in which case they should just go out...pull her dress up and ring the dinner bell.

EDIT
Sorry, but women that have been single most of their life are extremely promiscuous...they toss and go like pizza dough...lol....sausage in...sausage out....never being satisfied with the same...calzone !!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > People who have been single most of their lives.