Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Met a real person less than 1 km from me but no good      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 25
Met a real person less than 1 km from me but no goodPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If every man would just marry the ugly gal down the street, there would be no need for online dating!
 grover14
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Met a real person less than 1 km from me but no good
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:16:26 AM
Down the street might be too close, a couple of miles would be great.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:54:33 AM
If some men wouldn't call women UGLY there might be less need for them to use dating sites.
Mirror mirror on the wall
 rearguard*2
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:38:40 AM
There is no real need for dating sites. For millennia the human race has steadily expanded without dating sites, and if they did not exist, it would continue to be so. Dating sites simply make more people unhappy because of the apparent choices they highlight.

Its just odd that so many perfectly normal people think they need a dating site to find a mate!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:39:13 AM
IOW it's bad enough when the feeling isn't mutual with someone YOU find attractive but it's even MORE frustrating when they live close by !

How foolish of them not to give you more of a chance when it would be so CONVENIENT if they somehow decided that they were into you after all !

Bottom line, if someone doesn't feel it , regardless of the proximity of where they live, accept it and move on.

Complaining won't change it. Complaining won't change a rainy day either btw.

" When you resist what IS....you suffer "
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/23/2016 11:20:22 AM

If some men wouldn't call women UGLY there might be less need for them to use dating sites.
Mirror mirror on the wall

I saw an article that suggested men and women see things differently in the mirror.
I agree...if some men looked in the mirror from time to time, they wouldn't be making remarks about
the looks of others...male or female. Especially in perfidious jest.

Mirrors...the bad news is they don't lie...the good news is they don't laugh either...hahahaha! :o)
 grover14
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2016 12:33:31 PM
Ms Boo, I think you are absolutely correct. Most of us try to groom ourselves to look our very best, but what I think is my best might not appeal to someone else. I guess you have to please yourself first, and accept not everyone agrees, even if they live down the street.
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:19:03 PM

maybe crawl underneath the vehicle and help out by torquing a nut or something like that.

Sounds painful...
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:12:16 AM
If my porch light is off, stay the fvck away...
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2016 11:09:57 AM

I'm picturing the OP under the 4x4 with his feet sticking out and the poor woman trying to make small talk and giving up.

That's the same thing I pictured! LOL!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:33:42 PM
A man like that would pique my interest. I would leave my phone number and ask him to call me, once he was finished with his work, if he felt like it. I just wouldn't blow him off without at least having a sit down with him, no matter how brief. I wonder how many women disregard "good guys" because they do work where their hands get dirty?
 boozyshamrockshake
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2017 10:07:53 AM

most women are off their rockers
Holy cow, fella! Are you just on a dating site because it's free? Most women aren't Anything. We aren't all alike, just as you aren't all alike. The only reason someone probably responded to the pig woman thing was because "she" was probably viewed as having a sense of humor. The online dating doesn't favor anyone. I wonder why your default wasn't to assume your fellow men were pathetic for far outnumbering the women. I wouldn't assume that, but it follows your logic. I have "hundreds" to chose from here, but most of them have a moral failing I could never get past. I suppose it comes from being in a rural setting, but it's still offensive. And still narrows it down for me over my supposed hundreds of guys to chose from.
But the original guy should just be happy that he didn't enter into a relationship with someone who was going to end up being wrong, anyway.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2017 10:38:16 PM

actually meet them face to face, then nothing happens because the other person goes cold almost straight away, or you go cold, and it just fizzles even before it gets going?

Yes, it's called lack of attraction. That's what "spark" means 95% of the time when used in situations where they meet and go cold almost straight away. It's a "nice" way of saying "I'm not attracted to you". The other 5% of the time in those situations, it's the way you come across, in some odd way.
 phule
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2017 11:58:23 AM
I'd be willing to bet folding money that there have been times that you've heard about a product, only to turn it down when you go to the store to purchase it. Someone told you something... you read an article... you see it in the store, you pick it up and examine it and read the packaging... and you decide that you don't want it.

Have you ever purchased something from an online source, only to find it wasn't what it was supposed to be after you got it? I don't mean that you got your purchase, used it for a while, and then didn't like it. No. I mean you get it and you pretty much do a doubletake as you realize that what you got was what it looked like, but it wasn't exactly what you thought it was to begin with?

I'm not saying that this happens all the time, but I'm sure it does happen occasionally. She was shopping when she came by. For whatever reason, you weren't what she was looking for.

What you should take away from this, is that she didn't take the TIME to find out whether or not you were who she was looking for, because something about you said that you were not Mr. Right. All she had was time to make surface assessments, which means that what she was most concerned with were surface, or superficial, features and reasons.

Maybe the fact that you didn't stop everything you were doing to pay attention to her turned her off... and I mean stop, clean off more than you would normally, and then not even reference what you were doing again unless she asked. Maybe what she was looking for was that feeling of a guy focusing 110% on her. Maybe she wanted to look into his eyes, and see him longing for her, or hungry for her.

Unfortunately today, people spend too much time looking for the perfect fit, and never stop to realize that the entire relationship is going to be about adjusting the fit all the time. What happens when something fits perfectly, and then you grow? You outgrow it and it doesn't fit anymore. Everyone learns this lesson throughout their lives. Put a plant in a space that it fits, and it will break the space eventually.... or kill the plant as its needs exceed the planter. Sure, that's a specific example. What happens when the family doesn't fit in the house anymore? You expand the house, or you move to a bigger house. What is perfect for just the couple doesn't work with two kids (or usually even just one kid).

I'm not talking about Potential either. The potential people see in you is less about you, and more about what they want to see in you.

She was shopping, and she was looking for something specific.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Met a real person less than 1 km from me but no good