Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 226
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 10 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
^ Yes, everyone has an alterior motive. Nobody can just care about the well-being of children. I'm not part of the Teachers' union, you buffoon.

* At the buffoon.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 227
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:07:33 AM
Canada had a good history of schools with rules and forcing conformity, wearing uniforms. They were called "residential schools" where native kids were taken from their families and forced to use only English..if caught using their native language, or for any "transgression", they were severely beaten often by a good man of the cloth,...a good number buried in unmarked graves, only discovered recently. Many people do have at least 2 motives, the socially acceptable one they state publicly, and the real one.
"For the children" is an all time excellent claimed motive, often to cover up the real, less noble motive..
Sometimes tempted to respond with George Carlin's answer..f the kids.
Yes, I'm confident that unisex uniforms will prevent kids from noticing any differences..lol.
 cassie2425
Msg: 228
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:12:18 AM
Dee, I can choose whether to step outside my marriage and have an adulterous affair, I can choose to steal a car, I can choose to stick a needle in my arm, I can choose to tip that bottle of booze.....if I'm born gay, I'm gay. I can choose not to have to have sex and not to partake in a gay pride parade....but I'm still gay.

The kids here don't wear uniforms unless you got to a private school. Even the catholic schools have done away with uniforms. And I agree with Walts, kids are well versed on right and wrong well before they hit grade 7 and if they don't, you really screwed up as a parent.

You know what, there are more children raped by their fathers daily than there are boys that want to wear a skirt to school. There are more children abused by their mothers daily than there are boys that want to wear a skirt to school. Your sister/brother/husband/wife/best friend may be doing terrible things to their children and you would never know...maybe even some of you have done shameful things to your children...yet you worry about a handful of boys that may want to wear a skirt to school or a handful ofmtransgender folks that might want to share a toilet.

Whatsamattababy
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:12:53 AM
^ This is true. And one of the most shameful outcomes of colonization. Happened in Australia, too. Not the US?

* Re the thing about residential schools.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 kj521
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:19:43 AM
"But, the uniform code here does segregate. Doesn't the code actually start the division between genders by telling your children, boys wear pants, girls wear dresses? And isn't this what the original question about?"

Which is why I suggested a unisex uniform, Mr. Walts. Shorts/pants and Polo style shirts for all. :)

I, personally, believe all developemental stages are "most important" and formative for too many reasons to list. But I agree instilling morals, values and beliefs in children at an early age is very important to healthy developement. Sadly....we do not live in a perfect world raised by perfect parents.

I would limit communication expressed through clothing....yes. And I do believe it is a good thing. I believe it has the opportunity to break down the self imposed, parental and envirionmental influenced barriers of group affiliation. It may allow for the possibility to one see the person and not the stereotype communicated by the clothing.

Trust me Walts.....coming from a fashionista....it's kinda weird for me, too! Lol

But here's my take on it.....the teenage years are precious....(not always from a parental perspective).....so I want them to use this precious time in their lives figure out who they are. I don'the want them to automatically define themselves by their race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation or gender. I want them to discover what makes them unique beyond those demographics. I want them to question! And I want them to discover who they really are. So when they are ready to fly the nest they will have a better grasp on who they are and who others are on the inside and just outward appearance.

What you do not understand....is that conformity is already occurring....just in small groups. :)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 231
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:36:32 AM

And they are polite to the trans, lesbians...

They also know that they would not be allowed to bring any of that BEHAVIOR into my house in any fashion.

So... your children aren't "allowed" to be who they are, in YOUR home (obviously it isn't THEIR home as well)...?

If your child were to be gay/lesbian then YOUR rule would be "no prancing/swishing, no butch, no wearing clothes that don't match your genitals (in mom's opinion), don't even DARE to bring those types HERE much less snuggle on the couch in the family room watching tv or give a 'goodbye kiss' at the door"...?

And what would the consequence be if they ignored "Mom's Rules of Gender Identity Expression"...?

Would they still have a home...? Even if they refused to conform...?

Would they still get "hugs and kisses" from a mom who readily admits she wants absolutely nothing to do with such "people"...?
 aj17225
Msg: 232
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:37:38 AM
"It is my opinion that during these formative years....I would much prefer that they spent more time in the classroom figuring out their aptitudes, skills, talents, and passions through the encouragement to express themselves through art, literature, math, science, etc.

From a social aspect.....it also has the ability for a short period of time in their lives to have the potential to allow for less self segregation based on group identified clothing articles."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Well said Kj.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:43:18 AM
Yes , a unisex uniform will definitely prevent kids from ever noticing that approx. 50% have curves and bumps and lumps in different places than the other ~ 50% ?
And keep them focused only on learning school subjects. ? Hahahahaa...suuure. on which planet?

Just like kids that go to parochial, RC schools never ever think about sex or drugs, let alone indulge, right?

Is the goal uniformity like Chairman Mao's 1950s Chicom uniforms for all?
Maybe adults should all have to wear uniforms too..avoid all kinds of problems.

We could have a Brave New World as envisioned by Aldous Huxley..
 Bigguysal
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:44:36 AM
To understand Dee, you only need understand people like Ms Cotter and Mr. Mungo Joe. They are all people of bad character. In Joe's case and Cotter's case they are anti-semites and slam jews whenever they can. The facts don't seem to matter to them. Same with Ms. Dee. She is anti gay, etc. She has no qualms offending gays and others, calling them mentally ill, despite the great weight of evidence and facts being contrary to her opinions.

That is one of the things that marks a person with bad character...people who ignore or manipulate facts to target those they don't like. It is dishonest, disingenuous...All we can do is recognize these people for what they are. Don't try to understand their poor character. Just accept it.
 Walts
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:09:59 AM
We can, and have gone in all kinds of directions with this thread but, the original question was/is

What I'm asking is, what is everyone's opinions on boys (or I should say male students) having the right to, and choosing to, wear a dress without being discriminated against?

So, let's reword the question a bit, just for shiats and giggles.

What is everyone's opinions on people having the right to, and choosing to, wear anything or nothing without being discriminated against?

The simple and logically answer to the original question should be yes because location was never included in the question, just the original post, so it was assumed that's what the OP was questioning, it just wasn't worded that way.

Are we to allow discrimination on clothes and/or the wearer of such? And is it the wearer themselves at "fault" because they have chosen not wear what most will, thus bringing on this discrimination? And are we to say, that because someone decides to wear anything different than the norm to any event, location, or wherever/whatever, are they allowed to be discriminated against, just because of the difference or the assumption of lack of respect, old school values, or not following the lead of the majority?

I read it somewhere that the idea of change, for good or better, started in one person's mind, not the majority. Can we not see that after the idea comes into that one person's head, sooner or later, action will come into play, and it will ALWAYS be looked down on and frowned upon, just because it is "different"?

If we think that uniforms in a school setting eliminates bullying, and keeping everyone at the same "level", why hasn't schools implemented policies on hair colour/ length? How about eye colour? Skin colour? The way students talk? Their accents? Sounds silly, doesn't it? Or does it? UNIforms do NOT eliminate squat. They do give the perception of things that many believe to be true though.
 deetristate
Msg: 236
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:22:54 AM
If they CHOOSE to be adulterers, homosexual, thieves or trans, associated behavior is not allowed in my house.

(By the way, there is no evidence that gay is NOT chosen. Everyone that I know who is gay CHOSE it, for various reasons. I also know people who choose to NOT be gay ANYMORE and they resent when people tell them that they are still gay but hiding it)

It is all very simple.

Mom's Rules.
EXACTLY.

They don't have to abide. They can just not visit or live here.
( I am sure that most adults can control themselves. Like when you don't curse when you visit your grandmother)

Again, simple.

Why wouldn't I hug them?

Oh, goodness. The bad character thing again. LOL.

I think that people promoting this sex confusion are confused.
See how that works?

I wouldn't say that I am anti-gay. I am anti promotion, encouragement and lauding of certain choices that people make,

Again are YOU saying that gay and trans and cross-dressing are the same?
 Bigguysal
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:43:35 AM
Some people certainly choose to be ignorant, but I tend to think ignorance is a combination of low intellect which breeds lack of curiosity which breeds lack of interest in learning. Some people are simply incapable of thinking?
 daynadaze
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2016 10:45:51 AM
LOL oh brother. Yeah, they chose being gay because they were sexually attracted to the same sex, you know, the same way you are sexually attracted to whatever it may be that attracts you. Now are you saying you chose to be straight (assuming you might be) when in fact you might have really wanted to be with the same sex? Is this what you are basing your belief on?

There is one basic reason why you feel there is some promotion, it's because bigots have been able to not only make gay or bi or even asexual people feel in the wrong, made laws against them, killed them, tortured them, acted superior to them, you know the basic hate-spewing along with actions, so that people tend to rise up at some point and fight back. There have been mass murders of people who had the wrong skin color or the wrong gender perception or the wrong attraction to a gender, based on what some with some power thought they should have, and have done some heinous things to those they want to keep down, make shut up, didn't agree so these people need to be put down. Who the hell do people think they are to think they can decide if someone is okay to live equally among us? And don't come up with that criminal sound bite, we aren't talking about criminals, we are talking about people who have been forced into a role marked as deviants by those who think they are better than.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/16/2016 10:53:44 AM

This is true. And one of the most shameful outcomes of colonization. Happened in Australia, too. Not the US?

It did but not quite the same way. Physical force was rare but the "Indian Schools" were based upon the same abominable racism as in other countries. The main reason that they were more voluntary in the US is because the government didn't really want filthy Injins to assimilate and go around pretending to be people. The schools that did exist came about through misguided humanitarian efforts to teach the noble savages to be almost white.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/16/2016 11:16:18 AM
^ Nah, it was the same thing. Not sure what's happening over there, but we're going through a time of intense shame over it. Trying to make amends, but you just can't. How do you make up to people for things like taking away their mothers, or to mothers for taking away their children? The aftermath is huge, with the effects on the next generation. (How can you even raise children properly when you were raised by nuns - or I gather in the States, to some degree by the military?) First Nations people are currently way over represented in jails. The suicide rate among First Nations is crazy high. Unfortunately, a lot of what is being done to make things better, despite the intentions, is just retraumatising people.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 241
Posted: 4/16/2016 11:44:33 AM

Trying to make amends, but you just can't. How do you make up to people for things like taking away their mothers, or to mothers for taking away their children? The aftermath is huge,

That pretty well says it all. No, you can't make amends. I doubt that it is possible to make amends for any injustice, especially one like that. To be sure, you would want to mitigate the damage as much as possible but when you get past material remuneration, there is no way to effectively deal with the intangibles.
 cassie2425
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/16/2016 2:53:58 PM

Maybe adults should all have to wear uniforms too..avoid all kinds of problems.

Followed by -

I myself wouldn't mind that, lol. But as far as avoiding problems, it won't take away the fact that whatever women wear they can still be raped.

OMG, always the victim mentality. You know, men get raped too, as do little boys. And men and little boys are used, abused and discarded. Both genders.
And Dee, who the hell would choose to be gay? And did you get this information from another right wing teabagger Jesus freak discredited scientist? You just do t want to admit your are a bigot and homophobe, and ignorant. I can't belive some the stuff you come up with. Again, who the hell would choose to be gay?
 deetristate
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/16/2016 2:56:18 PM
Sex and race can't change, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise, really.

People change from trans to not and from gay to not and vice versa everyday. It is a behavior. Behaviors can change.
Michael Jackson died a black man, no matter what he did.
(Psst. Calling me a bigot will not change those facts)

Maybe for some it is an addiction and should be treated as such. Whatever.

Give up on the sexuALITY and race and sex are equal. They are not. Really.

No one is born an adulterer or a thief.
Same with chosen behaviors like homosexuality and transwhateveristhecurrentcoolway to describe them

Again, why do you all keep equating cross dressing with gay with transwhatever?

WOW!!! All those words in a couple of lines. Wow!!!
Again, there is no proof that anyone is born gay or trans . Really,
And some of them wear Kippas or are atheists so they are not necessarily "Jesus Freaks, "
 daynadaze
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2016 3:25:49 PM
Those aren't facts Dee.
 _babblefish
Msg: 245
Posted: 4/16/2016 3:25:52 PM

Sex and race can't change, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise, really.

People change from trans to not and from gay to not and vice versa everyday. It is a behavior. Behaviors can change.
Michael Jackson died a black man, no matter what he did.
(Psst. Calling me a bigot will not change those facts)

Maybe for some it is an addiction and should be treated as such. Whatever.

Give up on the sexuALITY and race and sex are equal. They are not. Really.

No one is born an adulterer or a thief.
Same with chosen behaviors like homosexuality and transwhateveristhecurrentcoolway to describe them

writing this as an opinion piece is ok, suggesting it as anything else just reiterates your lack of knowledge and
makes you look a simpleton which is fine if all you ascribe to in life is a mindset of being a homogenous homophobe
 Jo van
Msg: 246
Posted: 4/16/2016 5:16:58 PM

IMO., you're thinking along very 'binary' thought processes.
"Black or white".
"Male or female".
I don't believe in "race", at all, but I don't want to bore everyone senseless, with my reasons.
Let's just say I've looked into it, and leave it at that.

I'm also beginning to think that gender, like 'autism', is more of a 'spectrum' type thing.
Some men are very masculine, (Whatever the current definitions or currently applied social fashions for that stereotype, might be used), and some men are less so.
The same applies to females.
Body types, amounts of hair, in various places, mannerisms, personalities, interests, the list goes on and on, some physical differences, some behavioural.

Is a huge, hairy man, who chooses to become a nurse, or a nursery teacher, or a midwife, somehow "less male" than a huge, hairy female plumber, or truck driver??

I don't know why some people get so passionate about other people's choices of dress, lifestyles, or sexual preferences.
They're not insisting anyone else does it, like religious people try to.

As far as bathrooms, or "toilets" as we call them here, (-unless we actually want a bath) goes; I think there's more "danger" in what a person has between their ears, than what they have between their legs.
I'd rather share a communal shower with a "transgender" person, than with say, Jimmy Savile, or a catholic priest.

And surely a lecherous lesbian would be more likely to peek, (and/or peak?) at the sight of other ladies, than a former man, with no d1ck.?
I'm not sure what the answers are, it's more rhetorical.

Society has lots of 'conventions', we're expected to recognise many "uniforms", real, or implied, and act accordingly, no one seems to object to ladies dressed as penguins, being called "sister", or "mother", when they're neither.

And don't ever call a magistrate anything but "Sir", or "Madam", if she says she's a lady.
Don't ever call them "sugartits", as some people just don't know how to take a compliment.
Food for thought.

We're not our parents, and we're not our children.
We're all different.
But we're all unique.
Weird huh?
Goodnight.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:36:58 PM

doesn't mean those boys automatically become girls with them on though.

That's the crux of the topic at hand. In my original post I didn't hint at (nor did I even think of) gays, cross dressing, unisex toilets and locker rooms etc. I said:

What I'm asking is, what is everyone's opinions on boys (or I should say male students) having the right to, and choosing to, wear a dress without being discriminated against?

This is a long thread and I'm surprised at the amount of interest and discussion drawn to it. :) I should have left out the part "being discriminated against."

In a nut shell, however, what is the general consensus on this? Yes or no?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:08:19 PM
I got your gist....some people just read into it what they want.
I wear pants...that does not make me a BOY and vise versa.
Although, more uncommon and often not heard about some boys are probably rallying for "equality"...just to see if it'll get passed or accepted.
The schools are put in a position to oblige or look like they're discriminating.

I say....let them. The few rebels that will do it for attention will soon forget about it.
I have one grandson who would never and another...who would, just because he was allowed and he's not gay!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 249
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:14:58 PM
^^^I wear pants, but at the gym I cover them up with one of those athletic skirts. When you're stretching or sitting at the machines, even in regular workout pants (not yoga pants) - there's plenty to stare at, and men do stare if you don't cover up.
 warmlightning
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2016 10:17:54 PM
Bigguysal says:

Because I do not particularly want to wear flowery and pretty things. I'm happy in a pair of Jeans. I think that is how most guys likely are. Guys born with some genetic, DNA, chromosomal or whatever abnormalities that compel them to want to be more effeminate are entitled to wear what they want

I can’t believe you are mistakenly using “genetic, DNA, chromosomal or whatever ABNORMALITIES” as a reason for men wearing flowery and pretty fashion items. It’s all just superficial clothing, hair styles and make-up that wax and wane as cultural fashion dictate.

Do you believe that men in South and East Asia/Micronesia/Hawaii etc. who wear “flowery” sarongs (skirts) are chromosomatically, genetically damaged? Or is it just people who buck a fashion trend in the right wing USA that are chromosomatically damaged?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.