Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 251
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 11 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Whisky.....great post. :)

In the scheme of things I respectfully wonder why some people (and I don't mean only here in this discussion but in general) refer to dresses and skirts as "women's clothes" if they're so hell bent on the subject of equality.

Just asking.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 252
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/16/2016 10:36:54 PM
^^^Because they are... just like bras and panties.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/17/2016 5:49:14 AM
Warmlighting, I am referring to women's clothes, not pretty shirts. Lacy dresses are not my thing. And yes I believe it is a genetic chromosomal thing inherent at my being born male. I get that as guys get older, they may want to express themselves differently.

My point was, contrary to Dees nonsensical ramblings based on nothing but ignorance, people don't choose what gender they want to be. It is biologically assigned, almost always to match the biological body. Sometimes things go wrong.
 deetristate
Msg: 254
Posted: 4/17/2016 7:01:00 AM
"Dee" didn't say that people choose their gender, big/irish/whatever. Dee did say that they can't change it.

I agree "Sometimes things go wrong." If it is other than a passing or moment of rebellion or even comedy (the examples posted by others above), you need to get that treated by a professional.

You need to love and accept yourself for what you are and can't change. Tall short, male female, brown pink, etc., etc, You also can't force people to treat you like you are 5 feet 2 when you are 6 feet seven.

If you can't abide by the dress code, go to another school or try home-schooling.

"Dee" also wasn't the person who first expanded the original conversation to include trans and homosexuals.

You people added that because that is your usual schpiel. You have to throw in words like homophobe or racist or bigot because that is the standard liebral speak and practiced arguments. I get that.

I asked whether you are saying that gay = trans=cross dressing (which includes boys wearing the girls' uniform) = homosexual because you seem to equate them. Well?
One is not inherent in the other.

My point is, that is the uniform.

If you go to school where the boys are to wear kilts, boys should wear kilts.

If you go to a school where the boys are to wear thobes wear a thobe.

If the school sweater is green, you don't wear a red one and not expect to get sent home.
If you want your kids sent to touchy feely hippy schools, this is America. You are free to do so.
If you don't like what happens in the public school, send them to a private one. Save up.
(And we shouldn't have to pay for it. You may not like the public trash pick up, but the public doesn't have to pay a private company to pick-up your trash.)
Don't go to a Catholic school and then demand that they serve Jewish kosher food or demand that they stop having mass.
Don't go to a Hebrew school and then demand that they worship Jesus
Don't go to a declared atheist school and then demand to be allowed to pray to Allah five times a day.
It is all quite simple.

Equality has nothing to do with it.

(Exactly, NJ. It is oh so simple, isn't it?)

We discuss the topic posted and give our opinions, see? We don't have to agree with you, see?

I love how you people pull out the "why do you care" response when someone says something that you don't like ABOUT THE TOPIC PRESENTED FOR DISCUSSION.

Why do we care?
Because it is the topic presented for discussion?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/17/2016 7:49:28 AM
^^^^^^^^^^I wish people could learn how to cut and paste...
It's really not that difficult....is it??
 cassie2425
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/17/2016 8:55:15 AM

Sex and race can't change, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise, really.

People change from trans to not and from gay to not and vice versa everyday. It is a behavior. Behaviors can change.
Michael Jackson died a black man, no matter what he did.
(Psst. Calling me a bigot will not change those facts)

Michael Jackson died a black man and a pedophile. The black he had no choice on...the pedophile he had a choice to ACT on it. And I think he was gay.

Gay is not a behaviour. Dee, You and I aren't going to suddenly switch who we are sexually attracted to. I might think you look nice in that little black dress but ot won't make me want to have sex with you.

Again, who would choose to be gay or lesbian or transgender. And while I have seen the odd person "switch" back and forth, think bi-sexual. There have been more than a handful that have posted on here that proudly stated they are bi-sexual....and who cares.

And Whiskey, not showing courtesy to your fellow posters by not copying/pasting and quoting properly or citing sources shows another area if ignorance and arrogance. IMO.
 Maleman999
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/17/2016 9:14:09 AM
I'm not buying the original story, about teenage boys wanting or needing to wear dresses to school, having the choice to, or whatever. I have never seen any news stories about this being an issue anywhere, and it would be a big story splattered all over the media if there was any issue with this. For teenagers, peer pressure is everything, so kids will do whatever their peers consider acceptable behavior.

On the flip side of the coin, there are occupations where the men and women dress alike-police, fire fighters, (I assume) military in combat uniforms, etc.-where nobody questions their gender identity because of the uniform. I've never seen men in these occupations asking to where dresses to their job.
 cassie2425
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/17/2016 9:34:33 AM

Australian High School Students Successfully Campaign for Gender-Inclusive Dress Code

Newtown High School of the Performing Arts in Newrown, New South Wales

Google is your friend.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/17/2016 9:36:44 AM
Maleman, I've seen several documentaries about young children wanting to dress as the opposite sex. In all of those cases, the parents tries to get the kids dressing like their biological sex.. also saw a case or two where the parents thought it better to let the child dress as the sex they wanted to be, and act the role of the sex they wanted to be. Don't know of that ever playing out in a public fashion or not. I think the media is leery about stories bringing attention to young children.
 Forereels
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2016 10:21:13 AM

Cassie and others are total psychos

Pot/Kettle...
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/17/2016 10:25:09 AM
I don't know what "psycho" means. Is it short for "psychotic" (experiencing delusions and hallucinations); or is it short for "psychopath" (an old term for anticocial - meaning "criminal" - personality disorder)?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/17/2016 10:33:36 AM
Just say no to having 4 profiles in 2 months, Lucy..probably against the TOS of POF.

Also a cry for help? Is psychotherapy covered under the NHS..? Look into it, please.!

Great that you're now up to speed on Brandon Teena, a case from over 22 years ago..a major Hollywood movie starring Hilary Swank in the lead role was released about 17 years ago, in 1999..it was attitudes like yours that resulted in the "need" to reject, ostracize..kill.? How do you think having a hardened attitude would have prevented this needless killing?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/17/2016 10:41:08 AM
...Who can hang a name on you-ou?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you

Just havin some fun, Lucy. But you didn't answer me about the term "psycho". Ah well, I'm used to being ignored :S
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 264
Posted: 4/17/2016 10:54:35 AM

^^^^Cant you answer the question?

WHAT fvckin' question...????

Everything you wrote ends with an 'exclamation mark'... All you've made are a bunch of emphatatic statements which come across as resulting from amphetamine-induced psychosis...

Lay off the needles/pills... you'll be glad you did...

There is a reason why one of the big sayings back in the 60's/70's was... "Speed Kills."... because it is true...
 cassie2425
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/17/2016 11:05:48 AM

Cassie and others are total psychos ...

Google "bipolar" or "manic episodes" or "bat shit crazy"

OMG, you are totally nuts, certifiable. You are too crazy to look after your own children, they should be removed from your care fro their own safely. You are deranged. And slightly annoying. I have been here for a long time and no one is as friggin crazy as you are Lucy. Are you medicated, under educated, he'll, are you in treatment or are you in some sort of mental treatment facility that helps crazy people? And, I think you're lying about having a husband and children...fvck, I wouldn't let you have a cat or a budgie.

What do the folks in the south say? Something like "aren't you precious " ? In Canada some say something about seeing you next Tuesday...or next week or something.

For the sane people....there was an excellent documentary on transgender done by CBC on their program The Passionate Eye. It made you think, you got to see this from the teenagers point of view, their parents point of view, the medical facility they used (I think it was in Chicago). It was very interesting. And when you watch a few like this you know that no one, absofrigginlutely NO ONE, would choose this.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:21:31 PM

By the way, there is no evidence that gay is NOT chosen. Everyone that I know who is gay CHOSE it, for various reasons.

This is the most ridiculous statement in this thread. OMG. Crackpots on AM Radio have finally started conditioning people to believe the most illogical things. Wow.

Attraction is not a choice. Being heterosexual or homosexual is defined by what you're Attracted To -- it's about Attraction, not about what you do based on them. That's it. You were heterosexual before you had your first romantic kiss. Getting that kiss [or more] is a choice. Being attracted to someone isn't a choice. That's what heterosexuality/homosexuality/bisexuality's about and Only about. Some crackpot conservatives want to Re-Define it to mean what you do (which is Blatantly Incorrect), so they can say they or others "aren't gay" because they choose not to have same-sex relations. Sorry, they're still gay -- that doesn't change their placement. Again, it's about fundamental sexual attraction and Only that. It's only a choice on what to do as a result of your attraction -- whether it be to opp-sex, same-sex, fast cars, baked goods, or whatever.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 267
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:30:30 PM
Somebody hit Lucy with a tranquilizer dart?
If being gay were a choice, that would make the hating OK..?
Would make the haters feel better about themselves for hating, for the hate?
WWJD? Would he hate for that reason?
Yes I know, you can read the bible as telling you to hate, Leviticus and all.
Pick and choose so as to support the hate you want to have, ignore the part about Jesus loving all people.
Don't worry it's OK to hate if your priest/pastor/minister/rabbi/imam/spiritual leader tells you so.
Don't think for yourself. ? Follow.
I promise not to think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school.
 deetristate
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:31:13 PM
As it continues off topic. . . .

By the way, there is STILL no evidence that gay is NOT chosen.

And, STILL, everyone that I know who is gay CHOSE it, for various reasons.

As militant atheists like to say, "where is the proof?"

I'd like to read anything you have to the contrary,

And not something that says "it is indicated" and "perhaps" and "probably" or "likely."

Thanks for sharing.

(By the way, it is kind of funny that people who argue that a boy should be allowed to wear a dress when it is not part of the boy's uniform and for other aberrant behavior get bent out of shape because of how I quote and copy and paste. )
 ebolakitty
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:47:47 PM

By the way, there is no evidence that gay is NOT chosen. Everyone that I know who is gay CHOSE it, for various reasons.

I am unpersuaded. However, I am quite certain that homophobia is chosen.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 270
Posted: 4/17/2016 12:48:03 PM

Somebody hit Lucy with a tranquilizer dart?

And, STILL, everyone that I know who is gay CHOSE it, for various reasons.

Reload that tranquilizer dart......Now, I know your lying!

I'd like to read anything you have to the contrary,

Do your own research...that's how a person retains knowledge....a few people would rather remain ignorant....;-)

On Topic....Like I said....Women fought for equality and to be not excluded.
Trust me, I was on the edge of when it was not permitted for girls to wear pants to school...I thought it was the dumbest rule.
If the boys want to wear a dress, to prove a point...let them.
No harm...No foul!
 cassie2425
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:00:00 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I, as a 25 year old woman with two children and owned a home and two vehicles...had to get written permission from my husband to get a tubal ligation. This was a government requirement . We had idiots back them and at times it seems not much has changed. Some rules are pretty stupid.

And yes Dee, we all accommodate friggin Christians and their sky wizard beliefs and give the special status and tax relief and much, much more to what....someone's choice to believe in a sky wizard.....so why can't a boy wear a skirt. I accommodate Christians far, far more than they accommodate me as an atheist.

And you don't quote or cite sources because you're arrogant.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:29:55 PM

As it continues off topic. . . .

It's quite related to it with the rationalization going on. If you actually believe sexual attraction is a Choice, it's obviously going to skew a number of things more Directly related to this topic.

By the way, there is STILL no evidence that gay is NOT chosen.

Of course there is. The clear evidence is staring you in the face. It's called the DEFINITION. Heterosexual: "Sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex." Do you understand it's about Attraction? Did you Choose to be attracted to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex? Did you Choose really like a Whopper or pumpkin pie (insert food you really like here)? Are you Choosing to be unattracted to a 300lb hairy 70 year old guy with missing teeth? That's your evidence right there. Homosexual: "Sexually attracted to people of the same sex." Attraction to things isn't about choice. You're not making any sense. Choice doesn't apply, that's the point. Do you not understand that hetero/homo/bi sexuality = Attraction, and *not* chosen actions?

There's your "proof". It's freaking easy. It's called the actual definitions. :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 273
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:35:05 PM
^ Attraction can occur through (classical) conditioning, Buds. Like with fetishes, for example.

I'm not taking a side on this debate, though.
 Onyx49
Msg: 274
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:36:40 PM
So back to religion....OMG....

A boy wearing dresses isn't fit to survive in a man's world....the parents that allow such conduct, are just making future perverts and predators....

This conversation has offered nothing to support a positive position for said issue... only those dying to offer up their children to replenish the LGTB community.

Thus far...those of us in opposition of your commitment are winning....and will continue to fight to prevent child sexual exploitation by groups, individuals, or parents.....remember, the OP, started this thread talking about children, not adults...kids always want to attack adult issues and lifestyles...if a parents duty to guide them as best they can out of harms way...so sad that so many here would fail, if not for us putting up a fight....
 chinook1111
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/17/2016 1:44:19 PM
Doesn't anybody remember the mantra?

"It's a choice."

Some people will swing both ways.They might not be actually attracted to one of those genders but will use them.

Educators promoting identity exploration and skirts....fresh meat.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.