Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ebolakitty
Msg: 351
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 15 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
All this crap about definitions, ranges, homophobes and such. Why not just simply state it as LGBT good/traditional bad. The way you think it should be isn't the way it is or will ever be again. Any person who identifies themselves as transgender has the absolute right to diddle your little girl's quim wherever and whenever they please -- end of... If you object then you will be subject to harsh punishment.
 chinook1111
Msg: 352
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:10:41 PM
Why would they be eager to define.They aren't specimens in a jar.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 353
Posted: 4/26/2016 11:58:42 AM

The reason I asked is because everyone's definition is different. Partly what makes the definition so ambiguous.

Actually, you are wrong again. The definitions given came from the existing literature out there, not from personal opinions. Mr. Guy has enumerated the difference, adequately, between trans sexual and transgender, but the definition for transgender remains constant among the literature provide by the AMA and LGBT sources.

Here is a link to a source of definitions that "might" help:

http://www.transstudent.org/definitions

Hope that helps.

you aren't hesitating to ad hom me

Here is a fine example of the kettle calling the pot black.
 _babblefish
Msg: 354
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:15:50 PM

. . . anyone who questions anything that has to do with the trans-subject immediately gets branded either a homophobe, bigot, etc. Like I said in another post, this is exactly what cults do.

the only question you posed you answered erroneously yourself three posts later, are you looking for a quorum of like minded misinformed?

why are cults being brought into the conversation? do bigot cults exist? are the live and let live crowd cultists?

do enlighten
 lilydreams
Msg: 355
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:21:38 PM
You asked for a definition. Irish provided one. I also provided one. But you had to "clarify" or add to it or change it or adapt it to fit YOUR view. Even the doctor that Dee proudly produced who said exactly what SHE believes, when fact checked, this doctor has been discredited and his proclamations were touted all over by the religious wackos in the US. There was no follow up from Dee on this. So Dee wants someone to back up what SHE thinks and so does Piano. Whatevah... Some of us just have a broader or more open view on things. Like I said - the spectrum. You can find anything you want on the internet to back up your opinions and it doesn't much matter if you are open minded, closed minded or small minded (tried not to use the word homophobe or bigot).

Like I said in another post, this is exactly what cults do.

Cults? You mean like the religious right? The folks that don't want gay marriage or even acknowledge the gay community? The friggin catholic church is a cult, so are the Mormons, so are the Muslims, so are the Evangelists. Anyone that has a god or multiple gods are cults. Just like the KKK. Cults are everywhere. Those same asshozle you don't want making decisions for your reproductive rights also don't like the LGBT community. The same teabagger jesus freaks who want to do away with Planned Parenthood - they don't want you to abort or pay for poor people's birth control but they also don't want to pay for welfare for someone to raise that child. Cults. Cults may be a little harsh a word but I guess if you want to use it, go ahead.

So again, you believe whatever your little mind wants to believe. I'm not going out there and crapping on the LGBT community just because I'm straight.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 356
Posted: 4/26/2016 12:29:44 PM
Almost every group or thought process could be thought of as "cultish", even "progressive" cultists who bend over backwards to pretend at times that any "minority" view is holy and proper without any drawbacks or problems..e.g. in a discussion of some mostly Middle Eastern /South Asian/African cultural traditions like honor killings , "female circumcision"/clitorectomies, female-specific selective abortions, or the stoning of rape victims ( all "justified" by certain readings of religious texts), , cover their ears and shout ! LALALa, there's bad people in the west and Christian churches too! Does that make honor killings and stoning of rape victims and the other things OK.? Just part of a different culture?
Not a problem to consider, discuss?
 deetristate
Msg: 357
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:55:21 PM
Speaking of cults. . . This is an interesting artice:

The cult of atheist Zionism posing as Judaism
By Rich Siegel

This essay was first published in Beyond Tribal Loyalties: Personal Stories of Jewish Peace Activists. (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012)

January 1, 2012

I consider myself a cult survivor. I was raised in the cult of Atheist-Zionism-Posing-as-Judaism. I stated this to a few select friends several years ago, and they thought it was funny. The statement brought with it a pregnant pause, as though a punch line was going to follow, as though I were telling a joke. No punch line. I'm serious. More recently, subsequent to Israel's 2006 Lebanon war and the massacre in Gaza of 2008-2009, I find that I can say this and it is taken seriously. People know that something is very seriously wrong with Israel, and with the culture that supports Israel. They may not understand it, but they're more open than they were.

My family's involvement with Zionism goes back to its beginnings. It includes a grandfather who fought with the Jewish Legion to "liberate" Palestine from the Turks in WWI, great-great-grandparents who went to Jerusalem for their retirement in the 1920's, the best buddy of an uncle who smuggled arms from Czechoslovakia to Jewish terrorist groups in Palestine in the lead-up to the 1948 war, grandparents who were officers in their local B'nai Brith1 chapter, and a cousin who was involved in "Operation Mural"2. He currently represents Jewish/Zionist NGOs at the United Nations office in Geneva. His wife writes Muslim-bashing books under a pseudonym.

During my childhood, Zionism and Israel were held up on a pedestal. They were central to our existence, our identity, our raison d'être. They were our sub-cultural equivalent of "Mom and apple pie". I grew up convinced that they were perfect and beyond reproach. There was simply nothing in my environment to indicate otherwise. Finding out that I had been lied to all my life, and that I had been supporting something that I would never have supported had I been told anything resembling the truth, has been absolutely shattering.""""

Well, did anyone mention this group yet? No?

Oh, yeah.. .

"""""That is, of course, what much of secular society now believes. Therefore, men who feel that they are women — even if they remain fully male anatomically and biologically — are now admitted to all-women’s colleges. And a biological and anatomical male can play on women’s sports teams, thereby depriving a natural woman of a place on the team and giving their team an unfair advantage in almost any sport.
Likewise, a Southern California synagogue has hired as its director of education a biological female rabbi who identifies as male, wears masculine clothing, is referred to as male and insists on being called by her/his given female name. Obviously, the congregation and the rabbi believe that the Torah’s view on gender distinction is irrelevant.
So, then, here is the question: How do Jews who support ending gender distinctions — electing boys as homecoming queens, admitting males who believe themselves to be females into high school girls’ locker rooms and into all-women colleges, allowing anatomical males to play on women’s sports teams, hiring as rabbis females who identify as males and yet insist on being called by a female name — know that they are right?
Or, to put the question in another way: What do these Jews use as their guide? """' This Religion?

Or are only other religions cults?

Petal. DON'T GIVE ANY MORE INFO. This group is the "You must lose your job and livelihood " types. See Brendan Eich
 lilydreams
Msg: 358
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:36:07 PM

I myself am a close relative, of a retired Urologist (who performed SRS on males over the age of 18 yrs, retired since 1999), including a relative (of that same last name) that blogs about this "movement." (born in the 80's). We all share the same last name. Hint: There is nothing wrong with questioning anything, especially when it comes to the human body/mind connection.

Do you have a medical degree? Do you deal with transexuals/transgendered in treatment in any area of medicine either physically or mentally? And you have a " close relative", so? What you have is an opinion, just like the rest of us.

How is it that when I question anything about the trans-movement, I am accused of all sorts of crap by a few here?

That's one of those infamous pot calling the kettle black.

I would love to reveal who I am but I don't need the doxxing, harrassment, threats of violence and/or death that I know would show up at my home...or my relatives places either.

OMG, you're Caitlyn Jenner??? "....treats of violence and/or death...." WTF. Lol. You should go into the witness protection program because you're a close relative of a retired urologist.

Question all you want. It's an open forum. Opinions are like azzholes, we all have them. My opinions are not the same as yours or some others while some agree with me. W are free to agree or disagree.
 chinook1111
Msg: 359
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:30:23 AM
Caught a blurb last night,Alberta gov considering obtaining the services of more surgeons for reassignment surgery.Plenty of surgical procedures on long waiting lists here....
 lilydreams
Msg: 360
Posted: 4/27/2016 8:38:58 AM
Also all STD's are up in the province with the exception of syphilis.

My friend's young son, about 28 years old, worked in the oil sands and would be away in camps. He said he and his friends would get out of camp and hit the rub n tugs for some action. I asked about hookers, the price, etc. and wasn't it kind of yucky to go to these massage parlours for a little "relief". He said - all these gals are checked, all these gals give me a good look over in the crotch department and inspect him, you HAVE to wear a condom. So in, done and not quite so horny when he hits the bars. He said many of the girls hanging out in the bars on the weekend are just waiting for some guy to buy them drink and have sex. He said little Susie and Sally from the nice houses down the block in the nice subdivision is the one with all the STD's.

He had a point.

And Chinook, if those Drs can do reassignment surgery, they can also do other surgeries.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 8:46:13 AM
If boys want to wear dress, I don't care, go for it, but I sure ain't going to be marching in the streets for this right.
 daynadaze
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:16:31 AM
We shouldn't have to march in the streets for people to have basic civil rights. It's really nauseating that we have to fight for basic civil human rights because of bigotry.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:35:49 AM

We shouldn't have to march in the streets for people to have basic civil rights. It's really nauseating that we have to fight for basic civil human rights because of bigotry.

The problem is, dress codes are NOT considered a basic human right.

Schools and companies can have dress codes, and the dress codes can differ for men and women. That's the law.

So to change this, (dress codes ) and get that into law, people would have to "march in the streets". Or at least, petition the government to make laws about it. And I for one, think we have too many laws already.
 oj126
Msg: 364
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:38:08 AM
Dayna , much like hillarius , do you carry hot sauce in your purse? Just askin.
 daynadaze
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 12:19:36 PM
Oh my but that was so funny, no I don't use hot sauce, in fact I can't eat spicy food. Now I hope that doesn't ruin your day.

Dress codes should come under basic human rights, as in if one gender can do it, so can the other. And yes that includes nudity, I don't want to see it, but there you go, people have a right to wear no clothes at all. All that BS I grew up with, no pants for girls, oh my, when I was younger I had to wear freaking white gloves because someone thought that was proper. It's just clothes, and it's just bodies.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 366
Posted: 4/27/2016 1:27:31 PM

Dress codes should come under basic human rights, as in if one gender can do it, so can the other.

That isn't basic human rights. It isn't on par with being subjected to random violence or arbitrary imprisonment. I'm on your side on this issue, but you don't need to elevate boy's being refused skirts to the level of ethnic cleansing. It just isn't required to do something about the issue and getting hysterical about it makes it less likely that our side can make any headway.

It's just clothes, and it's just bodies.

No it isn't. Actually, clothes and bodies have very little to do with the issue at all. Power over and the domination of a small minority is the objective. Skirts don't matter. They are only a handy excuse to abuse a relatively defenceless minority.
 oj126
Msg: 367
Posted: 4/27/2016 2:13:48 PM
OK Dayna , now your talkin. As the spring warms our beachfront community a pants free zone for both males and females seems very desireable.
 _babblefish
Msg: 368
Posted: 4/27/2016 2:57:42 PM

I myself am a close relative, of a retired Urologist (who performed SRS on males over the age of 18 yrs, retired since 1999), including a relative (of that same last name) that blogs about this "movement." (born in the 80's). We all share the same last name. Hint: There is nothing wrong with questioning anything, especially when it comes to the human body/mind connection.

How is it that when I question anything about the trans-movement, I am accused of all sorts of crap by a few here? I would love to reveal who I am but I don't need the doxxing, harrassment, threats of violence and/or death that I know would show up at my home...or my relatives places either.

speaking of "movements" . . can't decide which tips the b/s metre more, your hyperbole or your hubris
 Onyx49
Msg: 369
Posted: 4/27/2016 3:57:40 PM
The laws set forth in North Carolina regards rights of the LGBT community has begun to take it's toll on the economy.
The Raleigh-Durham, area...has had 6 conventions cancel, several artists...and even Cir du Soleil...all issued a token of their disguise with the laws imposed.
This community lives off tourist...those rebelling against this law will kill the economy here...then what ???
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 370
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:12:36 PM
onyx--nope.

Research Triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle
Wikipedia
The Research Triangle, commonly referred to as simply The Triangle, is a region in the Piedmont of North Carolina in the United States, anchored by North Carolina State University, Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the cities of Raleigh and Durham and the towns of Cary and Chapel Hill.
 deetristate
Msg: 371
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:46:27 PM
A boy wearing a dress is a civil right?

And requiring a boy to wear pants to school is abuse? Ha!

Where are those little laughing cartoons when you need them?

Is not allowing face tattoos a violation of civil rights as well?

What above no skirts at school shorter than your underwear?

You people must be very privileged.

Bet they are still touring, performing and having conventions in countries like Malaysia and others where they jail and kill homosexuals.

Maybe the people of Carolina are happy. No more of them and their supporters, Hooray!???

Money sometimes has too high a cost.

Again, if you were using that bathroom anyway, why make a big deal of it and create an issue? Who knew? Who cared?
Well, they did,, because the point was to force everyone to, in some way, treat them as the sex they are not.

Glad I'm old because HERE WE GO . . .

"""Critics of the homosexual lifestyle have long claimed that once it became acceptable to identify homosexuality as simply an “alternative lifestyle” or sexual orientation, logically nothing would be off limits.

“Gay” advocates have taken offense at such a position insisting this would never happen. However, psychiatrists are now beginning to advocate redefining pedophilia in the same way homosexuality was redefined several years ago.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. A group of psychiatrists with B4U-Act recently held a symposium proposing a new definition of pedophilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders of the APA."""

Yeah, well, homosexuality was looked down up and illegal. So was living together. And getting face tatooos.
( Parents can give consent and by the way, the egal age for sex varies from state to state, from 13-14

No, it is not the same as a dress wearing boy.
He probably just wants attention because his parent signore him.

But it is down the slippery slope of "anything you do is fine" we go. ANd plese don't deny that there is a slope. . . . really.

Nancybythebay
Msg: 372
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:12:38 PM
Regarding basic human / civil rights, where does it end? Lines have to be drawn somewhere. The world is crazy enough as it is.

Consider this: IF it becomes generally acceptable for boys to wear a dress to school (or anywhere) , again, where does it end? Will people next campaign for them to be able to wear makeup, wear ribbons in their hair, have long fingernails "because girls can so why can't I?" In my opinion, that's a ridiculous concept.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 373
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:15:55 PM
Yes, many argue that the slippery slope started when black and white people were first allowed to legally marry..not until the year 1967 AD in some US states. Virginia was forced by a US Supreme Court ruling to nullify their law banning "mixed marriages" in that year. Something real repressive regimes would be proud of..had laws like that in 1940s Germany, too.
No doubt at one time shrinks would have said wanting to marry 'outside your race' was a deviant tendency, a sickness.
Before that there were anti-miscegenation laws on the books..a good place for the All Powerful State to use its Dictatorial Powers and drop the hammer on otherwise law-abiding citizens, I'm sure we can all agree.
Dee I thought you identified more or less as 'conservative'?
But you seem to want more government rules..go back to those good days if cops busting people's heads for being gay..imprisoning them for that 'crime'. Seems there might be actual serious crime cops and prosecutors could focus on.
So logical..it's bad to be gay, so we'll lock this guy up with a thousand other men..EVERYBODY knows, no gay sex ever, ever happens in a prison..
Sh1t, no doubt many would even say the downward slope started with forced desegregation. ? How dare the government impose its fancy highfalutin' Washington ideas?
VV
Agreed, best to remain ignorant. "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind".
Never ever said that race and sexuality are "the same". However one could possibly learn something about knee jerk reactions if one examines the past..but that would require having an open mind..sorry, forget it. But "as if" what law or psychiatry says is some type of immutable truth?
VV
 deetristate
Msg: 374
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:31:11 PM
Soon as you compare race to sexuality, you lose me. I stopped reading.

That you think that they are equivalent means that a discussion with you here is pointless.
 daynadaze
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:47:29 PM
Where will it end? Why the same place as it ended when people were all up in arms about girls wearing pants and you know, how the world was going to end any day now because it's the end of the world as we know it. And yes, it is a basic civil right, if girls can wear pants, boys can wear dresses, and if boys can wear pants then so can girls and if girls can wear dresses so can boys. It's pretty simple. Dresses are for girls and pants are for boys isn't some rule, it's just some code that never did make any sense and yes, it's just bodies and it's just gender. It's not like we are born clothed and some horror happens if we don't dress like some code. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that boys wearing dresses means there's no end to...what?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.