Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chinook1111
Msg: 501
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 21 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Dayna,nobody forced them to get married and have children.So things didn't work out for some reason so the problem must be that they are actually gay....is that it?A bigot decided they had to be married?The British call them confirmed bachelors.An old girlfriends sister got fooled by a gay man that wanted to marry to further his business image.I noticed his mannerisms and close friend and outed him....I was 19....he then admitted this to her a short time later.She refused.
 dreamon4u
Msg: 502
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 5/11/2016 8:34:08 PM
^^ Do you know how many gay/lesbian men and women now in their 50s, 60s, 70s+ married while they were in their 20s to save face or fit in or not embarrass the family or because it was the proper thing to do or they were ashamed. The majority later divorced and quietly lived their life out of the closet, when it was safe to do so. I've met 3 men and two women now in their 60s that ended up married, with children and divorced - they were gay, it wasn't right. Now, in 2016, I doubt you will see much of this other than maybe for religious or cultural reasons. But 30 plus years ago, nope, people hide and the safest place to hide was in a marriage, or so they thought.

My grandmother's brother was gay and hung himself sometimes in the 1920s. The family could bear the shame of a suicide; the family couldn't bear the shame of a faggot in the family. Who chooses this? Maybe a few young people testing the waters, experimenting with their sexuality, curiosity but if you're gay, you're gay. Again, who chooses this? Look how many just on here either make fun of or are disgusted by the gay community so who would want to deal with this crap on a daily basis.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 9:32:49 PM

Gays have long called it a choice.

Called What a choice? Coming out of the closet is different than sexual orientation. Gay = sexual orientation. That's not defined by anyone for or against any gay/bi community. Huge difference between action & attraction.

Plenty of gay men have fathered children

And they were gay -- attracted to men, not women. Or a bit bi, where there was very little attraction to women (it's a spectrum, not a 100% one way or another for everyone as common sense & studies show). To fit into society to wed a gal? And to pork to make kids? Yep, a choice. Doesn't mean they're hetero.

Then their preference changed.

No, not all. Vast majority had sexual attraction to their own sex to some degree beforehand. But sure, some people change.

They find another outlet.Its a choice.

Finding an outlet is a choice. Finding an outlet doesn't make you hetero/gay/bi. That's not sexual orientation. As you said -- their sexual preference/attraction changed. Whether for the very few it did Then, or the mass majority where it was before but they were hiding it at a failed attempt at suppressing it and living in denial -- it's about sexual preference. Not a choice on whether to act on it.

You and I were hetero before we even had the ability to make choices to kiss or more with someone of the opp-sex. Sexual preference (gay/bi/straight/asexual) isn't a choice, it's an attraction. Attraction's not a choice. Doing something about it is the choice. That should be plainly obvious.

They choose to have sex they can easily obtain instead of putting up with some woman

They had a choice to leave - yes. They had the choice to be with someone they weren't attracted to in-that-way or sufficiently attracted to in-that-way in the first place, yes. They have a choice to come out of the closet, or stay in it. But no, it's not about "putting up with some woman" -- who told you that? The kookoo 700 club? :)

Some (hetero) guys and gals will rush to get married when the biological clock's ticking and match up with someone that's not a great match to fit into family society. And not a great match. Historically many gay guys have done the same, buried in the closet. Again, being in the closet or out is a choice. Going to a gay bar for anyone is a choice. Having sex with someone of the same sex or opposite sex, is a choice.

Being attracted to a gender to a certain level, and not attracted to a gender to a certain level -- is not a choice. Attraction/lack of attraction to a particular gender as a whole is sexual orientation. Gay means sexual orientation. Being gay isn't a choice. Acting on it is, just like acting on being hetero is.

Do you believe gay guys Chose to be sexually attracted to the same sex? Can you choose to be attracted to the same sex? Did you Choose to be attracted to the opposite sex? Do you think that if you were around gay guys and the dating/relationship scene was down in the dumps, you'd start to want to make out with them and exchange oral sex and do anal? :)

The reason some who believe attraction to particular sexes is a choice -- is because to them it's a choice not to follow thru on their desires for the same sex. I don't have a desire for the same sex. It's not my choice to be unattracted to the female gender and/or be attracted to the male gender. That's ludicrous that anyone would think that! :)
 daynadaze
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 9:18:09 AM
Msg 575, your comments make no sense, other than making sure we all know how proud you are to out people.

Unless you were attracted to men (assuming you are a man) and not just blocked it and had sex with women because they turned you on sexually, and somehow made that innate within your sexual orientation, you did not in anyway choose to be straight, you were born that way.

You can spend your entire life outing gays, yelling about being gay is a choice and saying that because some people have tried to hide being gay by getting married or having children with someone of the opposite sex, or claiming that you chose to be straight because when you were attracted to the same sex you did not act on it, but the fact is, your 'proof' is flawed, and your demanding that gay people made a choice to be gay will always be wrong. If we made this choice, all of us would have been born either gay or bi, going by your thinking, so is that what you are saying? That we are born then decide to be gay or straight or asexual? Did you chose to be straight, and based on what, at what point did you find yourself thinking...I need to chose men or women, which gender do I want to be attracted to?, and then make that choice? For me that choice never came up, I was born attracted to the opposite gender, why didn't I get a choice?

And there is nothing odd or wrong with people wanting to get married and have children even though they are gay, being gay doesn't change the want for that, just as straight people might not want to get married or have children, that sort of thing is separate from one's sexual orientation. If bigots and hate-spewers haven't spent so much time trying to make being gay or asexual some kind of crime, gay & asexual people wouldn't have had to lived as you demand they should.
 deetristate
Msg: 505
Posted: 5/12/2016 10:34:10 AM
People choose to engage in homosexuality as they choose to engage in adultery, threesomes, orgies, swinging, and wife swapping.

There is no special inherent state that needs to be recognized, encouraged, praised or granted "rights. "
 dreamon4u
Msg: 506
Posted: 5/12/2016 10:53:36 AM
^^^That's your OPINION, it's not fact, its not science and its not true. A few people like you and a few wacko jesus freaks think this way. So, unless you have someone that is NOT backed by an interest group or a religious group, your opinion is just your opinion. So cite a source or quote someone that says gay people choose to engage in homosexuality just like they choose a pair of shoes.
 dreamon4u
Msg: 507
Posted: 5/12/2016 11:24:17 AM

Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA
By Michael BalterOct. 8, 2015 , 9:45 AM
“Baby, I was born this way,” Lady Gaga sang in a 2011 hit that quickly became a gay anthem. Indeed, over the past 2 decades, researchers have turned up considerable evidence that homosexuality isn't a lifestyle choice, but is rooted in a person's biology and at least in part determined by genetics. Yet actual “gay genes” have been elusive.

A new study of male twins, scheduled for presentation at the annual meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) in Baltimore, Maryland, today, could help explain that paradox. It finds that epigenetic effects, chemical modifications of the human genome that alter gene activity without changing the DNA sequence, may have a major influence on sexual orientation.

The new work, from Eric Vilain's lab at the University of California (UC), Los Angeles, is “exciting” and “long overdue,” says William Rice, an evolutionary geneticist at UC Santa Barbara, who proposed in 2012 that epigenetics plays a role in sexual orientation. But Rice and others caution that the research is still preliminary and based on a small sample.

Researchers thought they were hot on the trail of “gay genes” in 1993, when a team led by geneticist Dean Hamer of the National Cancer Institute reported in Science that one or more genes for homosexuality had to reside on Xq28, a large region on the X chromosome. The discovery generated worldwide headlines, but some teams were unable to replicate the findings and the actual genes have not been found—not even by a team that vindicated Hamer's identification of Xq28 in a sample size 10 times larger than his last year. Twin studies suggested, moreover, that gene sequences can't be the full explanation. For example, the identical twin of a gay man, despite having the same genome, only has a 20% to 50% chance of being gay himself.

That's why some have suggested that epigenetics—instead of or in addition to traditional genetics—might be involved. During development, chromosomes are subject to chemical changes that don't affect the nucleotide sequence but can turn genes on or off; the best known example is methylation, in which a methyl group is attached to specific DNA regions. Such “epi-marks” can remain in place for a lifetime, but most are erased when eggs and sperm are produced, so that a fetus starts with a blank slate. Recent studies, however, have shown that some marks are passed on to the next generation.

In a 2012 paper, Rice and his colleagues suggested that such unerased epi-marks might lead to homosexuality when they are passed on from father to daughter or from mother to son. Specifically, they argued that inherited marks that influence a fetus's sensitivity to testosterone in the womb might “masculinize” the brains of girls and “feminize” those of boys, leading to same-sex attraction.

Such ideas inspired Tuck Ngun, a postdoc in Vilain's lab, to study the methylation patterns at 140,000 regions in the DNA of 37 pairs of male identical twins who were discordant—meaning that one was gay and the other straight—and 10 pairs who were both gay. After several rounds of analysis—with the help of a specially developed machine-learning algorithm—the team identified five regions in the genome where the methylation pattern appears very closely linked to sexual orientation. One gene is important for nerve conduction, whereas another has been implicated in immune functions.

To test how important the five regions are, the team divided the discordant twin pairs into two groups. They looked at the associations between specific epi-marks and sexual orientation in one group, then tested how well those results could predict sexual orientation in the second group. They were able to reach almost 70% accuracy, although the presentation makes clear that—in contrast to what a provocative ASHG press release about the study suggested—this predictive ability applies only to the study sample and not to the wider population.

Just why identical twins sometimes end up with different methylation patterns isn't clear. If Rice's hypothesis is right, their mothers' epi-marks might have been erased in one son, but not the other; or perhaps neither inherited any marks but one of them picked them up in the womb. In an earlier review, Ngun and Vilain cited evidence that methylation may be determined by subtle differences in the environment each fetus experiences during gestation, such as their exact locations within the womb and how much of the maternal blood supply each receives.

Such subtle influences are “where the action is,” says psychologist J. Michael Bailey of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. “Discordant [identical] twins comprise the best way to study this.” But he and Rice caution that the study must be replicated with more twins to be fully credible. Sergey Gavrilets, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and a co-author of Rice's epigenetics model, adds that the study would also be “more convincing” if the team could link the regions showing epigenetic differences to testosterone sensitivity in the womb.

Vilain's team stresses that the findings shouldn't be used to produce tests for homosexuality or a misguided “cure.” Bailey says he's not worried about such misuse. “We will not have the potential to manipulate sexual orientation anytime soon,” he says. And in any case, he adds, “we should not restrict research on the origins of sexual orientation on the basis of hypothetical or real implications.

Source - Sciencemag.org

I trust science as opposed to sky wizards (any of them) and people who believe in miraculous conceptions, miracles and the second coming.
 Stellan77
Msg: 508
Posted: 5/12/2016 11:59:26 AM

People choose to engage in homosexuality as they choose to engage in adultery, threesomes, orgies, swinging, and wife swapping.

There is no special inherent state that needs to be recognized, encouraged, praised or granted "rights. "

My ex-wife was a evangelical Christian. She took me to see this one pastor who denounced "homosexuality" as an ungodly thing to engage in. A few weeks later somebody reported that this same pastor was making homosexual advances to them, wanting them to get into his car with him. Very often the Christian people who are preaching condemnation onto others are the ones that are dealing with sinful desires themselves.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 2:07:51 PM

^^^That's your OPINION, it's not fact, its not science and its not true.

She's 100% right if she means homosexual *activity*. She chooses to engage in heterosexual *activity* as well. But being homosexual or heterosexual is *not* a choice. That's just plain common sense. People will play word games, social conservatives especially when it comes to this.

Homosexuality isn't a choice. Neither is heterosexuality. Engaging in explicitly homosexual/heterosexual Activities IS a choice, yep. I know back in college I regret some choices I made with some gals. But my Attraction wasn't a choice to them at the time.

Some people refuse to answer: Is being Attracted to the same sex a choice (homosexuality)? Is being Attracted to the opposite sex a choice (heterosexuality)? If the former is true, the latter is true. Attraction's not a choice. Actions are different than attraction.

Some social conservatives who are against heterosexuality DO understand the difference though. They believe that Acting upon that Attraction of the same sex is being wrong, but they understand Attraction in and of itself isn't a choice. They don't want to call someone "gay" if they have Attraction to the same sex but don't act on it, while also believing they're at least a little bit bi on the inside and can "convert" enough to be happy with the opposite sex.

But in the end, sorry -- you're heterosexual before your first kiss with the opp sex. You're homosexual before your first kiss with the same sex. It's just Attraction, that's it.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 510
Posted: 5/12/2016 3:07:17 PM
Not even so sure the act is a choice. I'd say it's more of a drive.
 deetristate
Msg: 511
Posted: 5/12/2016 3:49:06 PM
There is no scientific proof.

Ahem . . .

Words from post #479:

may. . .may . . . suggested . . . might . . . could . . .small sample . . . caution . . .isn't clear . . . if. . . etc., etc., etc.

Hope springs eternal, I guess, if you are dealing personally with this issue.

---++++++++++

Did I bring up a "sky wizard?"
No, I did not.
No religion needed for my position.
You are arguing with yourself on that.
I realize those are the pat responses that you people use, even when no one else has raised religion.
Huh.

--------
"Attraction" is a red herring argument. A man may be attracted to his coworker, his dog, the two year old next door or his son. What does that have to do with anything?
People may be attracted to their spouse's best friend or that five grand that falls out of a window.
That open register at 7-11 may be mighty attractive.
You may find curtains at Norstroms attractive. So?
So?

Attraction is a non issue.

------------------

daynadaze
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:18:16 PM
Dee, you are trying to mince words, no, no one has to actually be active sexually, unless raped, but that does not in any way change the fact they are born with a sexual identity. You seem to also think that if one is gay, then they should never have sex or fake it and have sex with the opposite gender, now why would you think that was the way to go? Do you not engage in sexual activity, are you somehow better than a gay person? Since attraction is a non-issue, according to you, then you can start having sex with women, after all you expect that of others.
 tbicon2
Msg: 513
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:52:40 PM
You are comparing sexual attraction to a refrigerator door? Sexual attraction has nothing to do with the issue? And you have the audacity with that type of logicto offer opinions on a message board? You are a brave one I'll give you that.
 chinook1111
Msg: 514
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:56:15 PM
@Norwegian Guy
The kookoo700 club?
No,I have a gay brother and a gay uncle.In the early 80s when the economy crashed due to the liberal National Energy Program,I had to drive cab for awhile,day and night many,many hours.I talked to many gays on a regular basis,all kinds from macho to trannies to guys that look like Stellan:).Many gave up on women,some always were gay,some decided that being effiminate and dressing up was their weekend escape.All types.Some were actively bisexual.

My son tells me now that most (many)young women who love beef also admit to having had a gf experience,or still fit women into their schedule.How do you explain this?I say an acquired taste.I talked about practicalities,you advanced a bunch of theories....

@Dayna
I wasn't bragging,I was 19 and screwing the daylights out of my gf,I thought this guy was stealing her chance of a happy marriage.His bf was constantly sniping at her,never would have worked.I took flak for this at first,I couldn't believe her family couldn't see this.I believe they were looking at his success first...
 deetristate
Msg: 515
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:03:11 PM
Yes, actually, I am.

And I will leave it at that.

Reality supports my position, not kumbaya and wishful thinking.
I understand the resistance if people who themselves or a family member is struggling with this issue.
I have just realized that this is like trying to tell a the mother of a wife beater that, no., Your daughter-in-law did not deserve it.

I tried.

The end.

Everyone have a good day and evening.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 516
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:58:53 PM
If being gay were a choice, I would have switched sides a long time ago.
 dreamon4u
Msg: 518
Posted: 5/13/2016 7:59:14 AM

Reality supports my position, not kumbaya and wishful thinking.
I understand the resistance if people who themselves or a family member is struggling with this issue.
I have just realized that this is like trying to tell a the mother of a wife beater that, no., Your daughter-in-law did not deserve it.

No, reality does not support your position.

And how, just how, is this like your little wife beater story. That makes no sense either.

Dee, did you choose to be sexually attracted to men? Like, make a conscious choice and sit there and think "Hmm, I can have Sally or I can have Harry, what do I choose??". No...who you are sexually attracted to was probably determined in the womb, probably. What you actually HAVE a choice on is whether or not to actually pursue who you are sexually attracted to - Sally or Harry. If you are sexually attracted to Sally, or women, you don't have to seek one out or find a partner, you can live your life quite nicely without any sort of partner or companion and for sex, self pleasure. So yes, in that respect it is a choice. The same way I had a choice whether to marry my husband or not. I just happened to be sexually attracted to men and found one that fit me.

You can't equate selecting a sexual partner to selecting a sofa or falling in love with that blue pair of shoes. Or your husband's best friend. If you are straight, you can be sexually attracted to ANY man. But you're probably not going to be sexually attracted to a child or a goat...unless you have a perversion (IMO) or a propensity to farm yard animals...which has happened. But the "average" person - they are going to be sexually attracted to a man or a woman...or both, or none...for the most part.

Dee - don't be gay or tranny or anything other than straight. Let the rest alone. Unless they are doing something illegal, who the hell cares who they love.
 LGL1975
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2016 9:15:51 AM
For me the decision to wear the clothing of a different sex is a display of sexuality which goes against the purpose of having a dress code. Boys who want to dress up as girls should do it on their own time.
 dreamon4u
Msg: 520
Posted: 5/13/2016 10:44:49 AM
Dress codes... I remember people used to dress in their "Sunday best" for church. Not anymore. I've been to funerals and I'm surprised that people dress "down" as opposed to "up". The same applies to attending church. Even casual Fridays has morphed into "casual week" at many places of business. Even school teachers dress down, nurses wear scrubs instead of the old white crisp uniform. I had a husband and raised two sons and I see more pairs of boxer shorts on strangers at a mall on any given day than I did in all the years raising my sons.

So dress codes, I dunno. Some have been maintained while others are tossed aside. So "do it on their own time"...well, I guess if you are 17 or 18 and pushing the boundaries and testing the waters of life, it's your own time. Change or acceptance begins somewhere. And here we have 17 year old girls with crop tops, titties hanging out, thongs popping out, micro minis and giving blow jobs to keep their virginity...a dress on a boy, ain't no biggie. The world won't end. A girl wear a suit to grad - get over it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2016 2:00:02 PM

A man may be attracted to his coworker, his dog, the two year old next door or his son. What does that have to do with anything?

It has to do with the definition of gay/bi/straight. The definition is Attraction, not action. Again, you and I were straight before we got our first kiss. Whether you're straight,bi, or gay has to do what gender(s) you're Attracted to. Action can Show what you're attracted to (as long as it's not fake; see gay guy marrying girl; or hot girl marrying ugly old man with $$).

My son tells me now that most (many)young women who love beef also admit to having had a gf experience

Girls tend to be less stringent than guys on the sexuality side. At Gaulladet, the deaf school, a high % of gals being bisexual. Guys, not so much. It's not purely a genetic thing, although genetics can be pretty much it for many people.

.How do you explain this?

Girls who are bi or have bisexual tendancies. Yes, they exist. Sorry to break it to ya. Well, I shouldn't. It's kinda hot. ;)

I say an acquired taste.

For some girls, that can be the case. Definitely not a vast majority, that's for sure. And definitely no that way with guys for the most part. If it becomes merely seen as "an acquired taste", it was there before that.

Are you saying you could have the acquired taste to suck some penis, and do some anal with a guy? Really? You're susceptible to be having this acquired taste? A lot of your buddies? Really? If so, sorry to break it to ya, they have bisexual tendancies. The acquired taste part is just getting comfortable with their already sexual confusion.
 chinook1111
Msg: 522
Posted: 5/13/2016 2:51:14 PM
^^^^^
Hahaha Norwegian Guy.I didn't say any such thing.

I'm going to rank you right up there with IG for spinning stories.Gays don't scare me,I talk to them like anybody else.

I sense some fear on your part.

Let us take the case of the recently deceased artist Prince.

Lots of chicks in his prime.

Later it appears his tastes decidedly changed.Any explanation?

Let us hear your theory as to why women are more likely to be bisexual.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2016 3:27:32 PM

Hahaha Norwegian Guy.I didn't say any such thing.

Okay, you're saying You couldn't possibly ever obtain this acquired taste, then. Why not? Because you're straight. That's what it means to be straight. If it's an acquired taste

I'm going to rank you right up there with IG for spinning stories.Gays don't scare me,I talk to them like anybody else.

I'm not spinning anything -- I asked you a question to put things in perspective (see above). I didn't even remotely imply gay people scared you. Talk about spinning! :) How in the world did I imply you were scared of gay people (especially when you have relatives who are gay)? I'm talking about a POV about what gay/bi/hetero is.

I sense some fear on your part.

Fear of what? Gay people? Where are you getting this from? :)

Let us take the case of the recently deceased artist Prince. Lots of chicks in his prime. Later it appears his tastes decidedly changed.Any explanation?

His tastes in what -- type of women? If he was liking dudes sexually, he more than likely had bisexual tendencies at least when he was growing up. A famous person is always going to hide things that may cause criticism or drama. I don't think we disagree that environment can open up someone's sexuality (among other things). I believe it to be more extreme which some people can be susceptible to, and you think it's some merely acquired taste ("Yeah, you know what? I've begun to like these tacos!"). Most of the environmental factors lie in how you were raised, and to what degree (or if at all) depends on your genetics.

How do you explain relatively conservative parents raising their kid right, but the kid is different and like boys, and grows up to be gay even though by-golly they certainly didn't want that, but then finally realizing it's not just some environmental thing? Genetics is a huge part of it.

Back to Prince -- no, I don't believe one day out of the blue he felt "Ehh, I like penis." Don't believe what celebs say to magazines about their personal lives. :)

Let us hear your theory as to why women are more likely to be bisexual [than men].

Bisexuality, or sexuality in general on either end of the spectrum aren't switches, it's a spectrum. Most are solidly locked into heterosexuality and isn't some mere taste, nor are mere every-day environmental factors in society going to want them to dive into the same sex's genitals.

It's that women are more apt to have bisexual tendencies than guys. What makes me come to this conclusion? Surveys and analysis done by many places + personal observation and curiosity to know in life. Same as why women are more likely to want penis than ever wanting vagina.

Hey, there could be some under-the-radar thing going on where every guy is really bi! Or, as you imply, men generally speaking can pick up some acquired taste of liking chubby girls and also penis! No, it's not like that, man. Don't believe everything fear-mongering AM radio has to say, either.
 deetristate
Msg: 524
Posted: 5/23/2016 9:10:27 AM
While I had heard that directly from people in the music and stage industries, interesting that Elijah Woods said that there is a hidden child abuse industry in Hollywood.

No wonder TV shows and movies tend to promote all things perverse. OJ would say that this also supports the, "That's for the goyim" far left conspiracy theory. Not to mention the Hollywood "gay mafia" allegations that got john Travolta problems.

The world is interesting.

I was going to start a new thread but my stalkers have deleted the last four that I attempted to start.
 raisehill
Msg: 525
Posted: 5/23/2016 9:28:02 AM
^^^ You can't blame them. You say some of the most inane stuff on these boards. I didn't see the threads that were deleted, but I am guessing based on your posting history they were nonsensical :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.