Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 51
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Ms. Daynadaze....

Do you think I should fight for my son's preference not wear any clothes?
He feels they are restrictive physically and confining to his self identify.

He is willing to wear a robe and socks in cooler months, though. Not kidding.
 Onyx49
Msg: 52
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/12/2016 8:46:52 AM
What's sickening to me is how much you all sit around talking to these kids about stuff like their self identity...it's weak parenting...sissifying them boys....shtz...you tell what they gonna do....and that's the fcck'n way it's gonna be !!!!

I don't understand why it's any other way.....
 oj126
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:00:18 AM
KJ , Is your son a naturist? There are some great venues in FL. Beautiful beaches for the aux naturale crowd. One of my greatest regrets was not raising my daughter as a naturist. You see , my late Mother was a member of the Deutsch FKK. No , not what you are thinking. The FKK petitioned the Reich for a nudist olympics . I was raised naturist and regarding clothing , as with most things in life ; less is more. Clothes are very futile.
 deetristate
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:01:29 AM
Onyx. Haven't you seen people discussing with their kids why they should behave instead of saying sit down and be quiet?

If you are a woman on the outside, you can no more feel male on the inside than feel like the Queen of Sheba or King Arthur on the inside.

So what? Start acting and declaring that you are either and you are in a hospital or that talking to herself off her meds homeless woman on Main Street. There is a problem.

You can be six feet seven and feel short. You still can't fit in the 1st grade desk.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:03:45 AM

It has nothing to do with pandering.

It most certainly does. Nothing but a extremely small segment of society demanding that everyone else conform to their wants and desires under the guise of "rights".

Curious as to how many times you've actually seen or experienced a transgenders plight in a restroom? I'm betting practically zero. So let's just assume it's a multiple times a day everyday event and make it a law that affects the majority so Tommie can go pee in the ladies room.

I'm sure halftime will chime in with his usual tripe about three repubs in a public restroom but unfortunately UCR reports don't include designations for transgender and/or gay designations so his stance of "theres no indication" that transgenders or those using the status of being transgender have used the opposite genders restrooms for sexual deviance is merely speculation at best and highly unlikely it's never happened.

I've no problem with unisex restrooms that are designated as such, however when Tom masquerading as Tommie so he can prance into the ladies restroom at will....well I do have a problem with that. ymmv
 cassie2425
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:22:27 AM

Okay let me think... Let's throw this one out but you must be honest dayna and Cassie
Really honest and not just hide behind I'm a tolerant person to LOOK good
Say your children had wanted to become a Christian and really wanted to go to church every weekend
Would you have encouraged it? Like me or would you have been intolerant Or made snide remarks about it?

Okay Lucy, just to humour you. My oldest son, the one that died, found religion when he was about 18. And I encouraged it. I told him to read about ALL religions and find out as much as he could about Buddha, God, Allah, Mother Earth, the Creator and others before he settled on what made sense to him and one he was comfortable with. He found found a group, was comfortable, was very spiritual and attended church and prayed often.

Why, oh friggin why, would I have a problem with that.

And, if he'd have come to me and told me he was gay - my response to him would have been the same as when he asked for my guidance about religion.

Just so you know, my other son is not religious and neither of my sons were gay.

Is that the answer you wanted Lucy or were you just being a twat? An open mind is a terrible thing to waste.
 kj521
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:27:24 AM
Well Mr. Oj....personally, I think my son is a mix of laziness and ODD.....and his naturist ideals a justification. :D

Regardless....when he is eighteen he can make those decisions and until then...he lives in a Monarchy household.
Being the Queen...I have to always weigh the individual needs of my children when they conflict with each other's to that of the needs and good of the Kingdom. It is a tough balancing act but life isn't perfect....and I never promised them a rose garden. If I did....I would not be raising them to be healthy, well adjusted adults prepared to partake in society and pursue their dreams.

Btw....I have seen a couple of the beaches you describe. Only once by accident. ;)
 oj126
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:43:17 AM
For some reason , I thought you were closer to Tampa , Ms. KJ. Not much exposure (xcuse the pun!!!) to nudity in Windemere. Several nice beaches about 100 mls N of Tampa and many on the Atlantic. I'm still of the belief that no one arrives at the nude beach by "accident".
 _babblefish
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/12/2016 9:56:59 AM

It most certainly does. Nothing but a extremely small segment of society demanding that everyone else conform to their wants and desires under the guise of "rights".

Curious as to how many times you've actually seen or experienced a transgenders plight in a restroom? I'm betting practically zero. So let's just assume it's a multiple times a day everyday event and make it a law that affects the majority so Tommie can go pee in the ladies room.

I'm sure halftime will chime in with his usual tripe about three repubs in a public restroom but unfortunately UCR reports don't include designations for transgender and/or gay designations so his stance of "theres no indication" that transgenders or those using the status of being transgender have used the opposite genders restrooms for sexual deviance is merely speculation at best and highly unlikely it's never happened.

I've no problem with unisex restrooms that are designated as such, however when Tom masquerading as Tommie so he can prance into the ladies restroom at will....well I do have a problem with that. ymmv

agreed, it's obvious you have a problem, any attempt at writing a logical reason or two as to why a transgender
male would not want to use a "men"only bathroom is wasting time

so let's keep pandering to those like you that can't adjust to any realignment and feel the need to keep throwing out slurs, to be honest i've never seen anyone "prance" into a ladies room except women

as for boys wearing dresses, meh, the clergy have been emulating women for centuries
 crook_catcher
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/12/2016 10:11:17 AM

it's obvious you have a problem, any attempt at writing a logical reason or two as to why a transgender
male would not want to use a "men"only bathroom is wasting time

Tru dat...on any attempt. I have a problem because you have a different opinion? That's fresh. :/ Tit for tat....you've got the problem?

so let's keep pandering to those like you that can't adjust to any realignment and feel the need to keep throwing out slurs, to be honest i've never seen anyone "prance" into a ladies room except women

Oh my....slurs. No need to pander to me I'm doing fine thanks. :) Let's say shasay instead of prance....give you something else to carry on about. ;)
 cassie2425
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/12/2016 10:30:50 AM

...perils of wisdom ..

What the heck is a "peril" of wisdom???

And Lucy, I responded to your stupid question in msg. 80.

Also, what about female transgender? You do know that there are girls that want to be boys. Chaz Bono handled it quite well. All this b.s. about boys in girls bathrooms...what about the other way around.

I will say, the first time I shared a bathroom with a male in France it sort of startled me until I found out that a lot of bathrooms were co-ed.
 cassie2425
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/12/2016 10:50:39 AM

Yes I know you answered it Cassie you can be flexible when it comes to your own family it seems but not other peoples

How do you figure that. You're the one running around like a chicken with her head cut off worrying about boys using girls washrooms, how the transgendered folks are going to take over the world, now everyone that disagrees with you or calls you on your bullshit is either a narcissist or a troll and how anyone that doesn't agree with YOU (or yous) is getting their rights trampled.

And not everyone is a bigot or racist or homophobe...just some are, the same as some are stupid. We are a mixture here on the forums just like there is a mixture of folks in the real world....you know - black.,asian, white, gay, lesbian, muslim, christian, disabled, transgender... And yes, I have an open mind and yes, if I don't understand something I will look it up and do a little research...to bad some don't and continue spewing garbage or hate or misinformation. I don't claim to know it all but I do know that a transgender girl or a gay boy is not going to effect my life in the least and its up to me, as an adult and a human being, to protect them to the best of my abilities because they are not of the "norm" and will be dumped on solely for this reason by friggin crazy people with a closed mind, a personal agendas or just plain old stupidity. IMO.
 Jo van
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/12/2016 12:11:47 PM

Rubbish unless you live in little house on the prairie I'm constantly hit with news of sucides due to bullying and children with knives!

"Rubbish".???
That was my own experience. Just one 'anecdotal' example, admittedly, but absolutely accurate, and, I felt, entirely on-topic, and relevant.

And no, I don't live in some 'inner city', more the 'leafy suburbs'.
But the point I was making was, that these things don't just happen, in isolation.
Young men usually already have friends, and the friends too, have to deal with it, if he decides to start wearing women's clothes.
His generation actually talk to each other, about their feelings. Something which we (males) seldom did, when I was growing up.

I don't know what the school's actual "policy" was, on 'cross-dressing', but I do know what it was, regarding bullying, and the kids too, had embraced that aversion, and made it 'their own'.

All I can say, is that in my experience, of this actually happening, in real life, rather than just in your overactive imagination, it wasn't the kind of "big deal", that you might expect it to have been.

Both the school, and the kids, seemed very tolerant of the lad's 'fashion choices',
and very intolerant towards any forms of bullying, for whatever the alleged "reasons".
There are no "good reasons" for that sort of behaviour.
Most sensible people just don't give a shit, about what others choose to wear.
-Good teachers, and good parents, I suppose.

Don't bother writing me another 17 angry posts, in reply.
I don't have as much time to waste, as you obviously do.
 deetristate
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/12/2016 1:21:37 PM
If there is no dress code that you knew existed before you chose the school or accepted the job, you can wear a pot of flowers on your head and a garden hose out of your pants. Just don't require me to applaud, say that it is a good thing, or acknowledge your attention getting or you.
 Onyx49
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/12/2016 2:54:17 PM
MSG-78
Deetristate

Children, are generally told how to conduct themselves...and by the time they are teenagers, you shouldn't have to be bothered...teenage boys that want to wear dresses, or nothing to school are already sissified...maybe gay to....

My whole issue is with parenting as it relates to the topic here...and was not intended for anyone to take personally.

That guy in msg-76...asking if her son is a nudist is creepy !!!
 kj521
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/12/2016 3:39:16 PM
"nothing to school are already sissified...maybe gay to..."

You talking about my son, Mr. Onyx?

You know that saying.....Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....?

Well....it's a lie.

Hell hath no fury like a momma protecting her babes.

You think you're tough enough to take me on???

Bring it!
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/12/2016 3:41:31 PM
Wow! Two more pages while I was sleeping.

My opinion is this: Although it's noted that today's society (generally speaking) is more tolerant and open minded than yesteryear on a whole range of issues, there remains those of us with the more traditional ideas, values and beliefs. That's the way it is and there's nothing wrong with that.

When my children were in high school, they had many friends who were gay and no one teased them. Many of these friends are still friends to this day. All of them now in their late 20's. However, none of the gay boys even hinted at the concept of being allowed to wear the uniform dress to school.

Even now, they continue to dress masculinely. If a male is gay, that's fine by me but you don't need to wear a dress to show it. Would a gay teacher wear a dress to school to "get the ball rolling" so to speak? I highly doubt it. Why? Because he'd know full well he'd be ridiculed by most.

Like teacher, like student of any age, in my opinion, wear whatever you like at home but not for all the world to see unless you're willing and / or able to withstand whatever negativity comes your way.
 cassie2425
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2016 3:42:56 PM
Let him wear a bathrobe Darlin, its the most comfortable thing I own and as soon as I get home from work I put one on...I have many.

Lol. I wouldn't want to take you on if you're protecting your babies. Oohhhh Onyx, run for the hills.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/12/2016 4:05:46 PM

Like teacher, like student of any age, in my opinion, wear whatever you like at home but not for all the world to see unless you're willing and / or able to withstand whatever negativity comes your way.

I should elaborate on my above quote. I was meaning any male, gay or straight, which leads me rack my brains to remember the slogan for the display. It was something along the lines of "We are all equal...... etc etc.

Having said that, I guess we've all assumed the concept of giving the boys the opportunity to wear a dress is a sexual orientation thing. Maybe the school's intention was to teach students that we are all equal. I dunno.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/12/2016 4:10:36 PM
^^^^ You posted while I was typing. :)

Yes, UnluckyB, I just made reference to same. Not all cross dressers are gay. One of my ex partners liked wearing a nightie to bed and my underwear. He was as masculine as they come. I didn't approve but that's for another thread. :)
 kj521
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/12/2016 4:49:55 PM
Ms. Cassie....

My late husband and I have been buying monogrammed robes for my "sissified" son since he was about eight. :)

Now...he is aware that he will have to give them up in a year and a half cause I don't think it is in Navy dress code. Lol

And yeah....Mr. Onyx better run. You mess with the bull...you're gonna get the horns!
And...if I had a non smiling picture....I'd post it....show him I mean business!
 Coma_White
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2016 5:09:04 PM
What does wearing dresses have to do with being gay? Gay males are attracted to masculine things.
The reason why I think it's bad for society to say: "Women wearing pants and cutting their hair short and looking boyish = COOL!!!!" and "Men wearing dress = EVIL!!!" is that is communicates feminine things are bad due to a double standard.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/12/2016 5:31:54 PM

Isn't it funny that they can't tell the difference between a cross dresser and someone who is gay

Here's a little story which will blow your mind....

I know someone (person A) who started off being a straight married man, with children. (Heterosexual relationship). He left his wife for another man. (Gay relationship). The other man (person B) decided to surgically become a woman. (Heterosexual relationship again). Person A eventually also decided to surgically become a woman. (Lesbian relationship). In time, person A left person B for a man. (Heterosexual relationship again)......sort of????

OMG. Talk about identity issues...geeeez. Person A surrounds him/ herself with cross dressers. I seriously can't tell who is what.
 Onyx49
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/12/2016 5:44:38 PM
MSG-103

Don't take anything I say personal...it's just friendly banter...damn women either want to kill me, or toss me....
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/12/2016 6:07:30 PM
Lol. I went way off my own topic. :)

As per a previous post of mine, I wish I could remember the slogan used regarding boys wearing dresses at school.
"We are all equal......etc etc."

Without ringing the school to find out any further details and responses, I must say that as I walk past the school every day I'm relieved to say I see the boys in boys uniform only.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.