Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 76
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Pssst! Mr. Onyx....I was just teasing! It is a very rare event for me to really be angry.
Don't tell anyone, though.....I'm kinda liking my new forum imagine. ;) ;)
 daynadaze
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/12/2016 8:03:22 PM

Really honest and not just hide behind I'm a tolerant person to LOOK good

You just can't have a discussion without name calling and making things up, can you. LOL I am the last person who says or does things to LOOK good, what a laugh that was. You are trying so hard to. We have a different view of life, I'm not trying to change your mind, this is a discussion, there will be different opinions.

My children are adults, in their 30s and 40s, but yes when they were young they did go to churches if they wanted, they went to vacation Bible school when they wanted, we have discussed religions and atheism, etc., in depth. I never told them what to believe or not believe, we discussed things. Now for those who think I was some pampering fool, again, you don't know me, I didn't put up with much as far as bad behavior, and I have a bad temper when pushed.

But we aren't talking here about whether or not your child wants to mind you, we are talking about whether or not your child has things that need an open-minded parent, understanding and quite often support and help learning about what they might be going through. Maybe they want to wear a dress because they want to make a problem at school (not something I would agree to) or maybe they don't know why they want to wear a dress, maybe they don't know why they want to be a different gender or why they might be attracted to the same gender, or maybe they don't understand why they aren't attracted to anything sexual at all or maybe they are just confused/scared/seeking an understanding parent. I get all the jokes being made, but when it's about something important to your child, it's not a joke.

As for kj LOL now every time I watch The Middle and the oldest son is in his jockey shorts all the time, I will think of your son. ;-)
 Walts
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/13/2016 4:40:36 AM

If a male is gay, that's fine by me but you don't need to wear a dress to show it.

Huh?????

The gay men that I know personally, don't feel the need to wear a dress. Now, I do know "of" a couple transgender people that were born as men that do. Why???? Because they feel like a woman, and our society says women wear dresses.

But, as some members of society have pointed out here, you are only allowed to wear dresses when you fit the definition of a what many believe a "true" woman is.

Funny but, not really.
 Onyx49
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/13/2016 4:52:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's weird that you socialize with gay and transgender men...and claim not to be one !!!

Although I disagree...those kids in New Jersey, fighting for transgenders to use girls restrooms...not only did the school district grant them that...but also they can use the same locker rooms...I suppose that mean showers too ???

I question if there were any adults on that School Board....

EDIT-Below
True, many kids wouldn't be fazed by boys wearing dresses...and many kids would love to have candy and hotdogs for lunch everyday...but as adults we don't allow it because it's bad for them.
Part of becoming a decent person is your ability to adapt to a fundamental lifestyle...established by your family, and community, and enforced by parents, peers, police...etc.....teenage boy's asking to wear dresses is abnormal, and cannot be allowed...any sensible parent would know that...however once he's over 18 and out...a mother should be the first to buy him a dress....

kj521
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/13/2016 4:55:29 AM
"As for kj LOL now every time I watch The Middle and the oldest son is in his jockey shorts all the time, I will think of your son. ;-)"

Ms. Dayna.....as I watched my son walk out the door this morning all dressed, nice and sharp, in his ROTC uniform.....I realized how much I will long for the moments where I have hollered at him to "Put some dang clothes on!" :(

As far as the topic goes.....what I have experienced is that today's kids are much more tolerant of group affiliated identity differences. Bullying that I observed appears to occur on a much more personal and individual basis and often conducted in the context of social media. I really do not think it would faze my children to see a boy wearing a dress....nor would they care.

And at certain developmental stages it is not uncommon for children to express the desire to identify with the opposite gender. When it goes beyond these normative stages is when a parent needs to seek professional guidance to help their child become their authentic self and grow into a healthy, happy, well adjusted adult.
 deetristate
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:30:01 AM
They would bully someone with a t-shirt that says "Christ has risen" but not one that praises Allah or "God is dead." They would bully someone who said that homosexuality is against his religion. They would bully someone who said "close the borders." Etc., etc.

So, while I agree that they are"more tolerant" of group deviance,

or as you put it,kj, so eloquently,

"group affiliated identity differences, "

they are less tolerant and bullying on other issues.

-----------------------------------------------------
"The Middle" is one of my favorite shows. I have a son like that as well.

He could play Xbox all day or watch "Bet you can't not laugh" or whatever it is called on Youtube instead of doing his homework or wear a red sweater with his uniform instead of the required green, but no, I won't allow it. And he knows not to come crying to me to bail him out if he tries similar acts as an adult and has a hard time because of it because I am teaching him now and he should know better.
 cassie2425
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:36:40 AM
Onyx - don't you have any gay friends ? Friends, not "the guy a buy my newspaper from is gay". Gay friend..or lesbian friend?

I have a half dozen lesbian friends and 4 gay friends. One of my gay friends is HIV+. I don't know any transgender sorry cross dressers. Just because I have gay and lesbian friends it does not make me gay or lesbian.
 daynadaze
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 9:04:34 AM
How did this topic go from whether or not boys should be allowed to wear a dress to school, to 12 year olds sexting?
 Coma_White
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:03:10 AM

True, many kids wouldn't be fazed by boys wearing dresses...and many kids would love to have candy and hotdogs for lunch everyday...but as adults we don't allow it because it's bad for them.
Part of becoming a decent person is your ability to adapt to a fundamental lifestyle...established by your family, and community, and enforced by parents, peers, police...etc.....teenage boy's asking to wear dresses is abnormal, and cannot be allowed...any sensible parent would know that...however once he's over 18 and out...a mother should be the first to buy him a dress....

People said the exact same thing about women wearing pants when my mother went to school. Part of becoming a decent person is being tolerant and kind to people that are different from you, not forcing everyone to live exactly like you. Saying something cannot be allowed because you simply don't like it isn't the hallmark of a decent person.

How passive aggressive ^^^ it went well off topic when your mate started bringing in bigotry xenophobia racism anytime someone posted a different view

No one said anything xenophobic or racist though.
 Onyx49
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:32:29 AM
Part of being a decent person...more over is exactly what I said....it's people that make vague and senseless comments...like above...that must be kept quiet...and out of the way of children to influence and encouraged to seek a path of destruction...
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:35:35 AM
^ Confession: I just pictured you in a white lace thong.
 cassie2425
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:57:44 AM
From Wiki

Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality"

I had to look the word up as it's not one that is in my vocabulary, contrary to the crazy one on here who just likes to make stuff up.

And just so you know - there are racists, bigots and homophobes on here who post regularly. There are also those that are xenophobes (I learned a new word, teehee) and antisemitic folks and anti organized religion folks and those that throw out Jerome's Law every time they lose an argument, plus the misogynists, feminists, the odd feminazi, a white supremacist and a few that are just weird and a ton of just nice and normal folks with differing opinions and life experiences.. Which category do you fall in? I know you're certifiable and out of control.

And really, a control freak - who am I controlling? What an idiot.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/13/2016 11:17:21 AM
" There are a few posting in here and the Jenner thread that I really wonder what they taught their children. "

I am fairly certain that many parents taught their children how to read with comprehension and write with proper grammar and punctuation. This is something that, quite evidently, some here never learned, thus could never teach their children.
 cassie2425
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/13/2016 11:36:27 AM

Many parents are bullies. There are a few posting in here and the Jenner thread that I really wonder what they taught their children. Bullies. Homophobes, racists and bigots.

This is what I wrote and I believe to be true. Many wouldn't argue with this statement.

Do you see the word "xenophobe" there anywhere? I didn't think so.

And I hope those in the Jenner thread at least taught their kids to be empathetic about others not like them...the gay, transgendered, disabled, deformed, etc. You don't have to embrace it, just don't be an azzhole. Be a human being. BUT, I'm sure a handful haven't done this and their children will grow up to be racists, bigots and homophobes just like them - this, to me, is child abuse. IMO

VVVVV

Debate -

Debate is a method of formally presenting an argument in a disciplined manner.

I looked it up in Wiki for you so you'd actually know what it means. YOU, or should I say "yous", are not even remotely debating any topic on here. You make up shit and you ramble and you can't stop...its called verbal diarrhea.

I should look up "narcissism" for you as well...oh, and "psychotic". The former you use incorrectly and the latter, you resemble.
 cassie2425
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/13/2016 12:19:54 PM
[qutoe]You deny being a narcissist, normal nobody actually admits it_:)

lol. You deny being crazy. If you admit being crazy then I might admit being a narcissist. But you go first - I know you won't because...your'e crazy and need to be medicated.

And yes, I use the word racist. I also use the word bigot and homophobe when I see it. I also don't much care for the KKK group of white is right group. I'm not a gun nut either or a jesus freak. I'd stick up for your children and your neighbor's children if one or both or all were gay or lesbian or transgender or infirm or ill. I'd protect them from bullies. Would you do that?? Probably not. You wear blinders. You don't see all the colours of the rainbow, you see black and white..maybe a touch of grey.

And...you have no idea how to present an idea let alone debate. Go have a nap.
 cassie2425
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/13/2016 1:24:04 PM

I take people based on character and if they are nice then I'll give them the time of day_:) I just love people I guess and will speak to anyone anywhere so just don't have the hang ups that some have.

Well, look at that, we have something in common.

BTW, would you let your children stay at their friends for the weekend if they had gay parents? Or if the male child wanted to wear a skirt? Or if the girl dressed like GI Joe and had her head shaved, a pierced nipple and 3 tattoo's?
 Coma_White
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 2:55:16 PM

Part of being a decent person...more over is exactly what I said....it's people that make vague and senseless comments...like above...that must be kept quiet...and out of the way of children to influence and encouraged to seek a path of destruction...

Nothing about it was vague or senseless. What is this "path of destruction" you speak of? People should be encouraged to be themselves. How is it positive to tell people they should be dishonest about who they are? Your ideas don't stand on their own if you believe anyone that criticizes them should be silenced.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/13/2016 4:32:06 PM
Tootie:
"I am fairly certain that many parents taught their children how to read with comprehension and write with proper grammar and punctuation. This is something that, quite evidently, some here never learned, thus could never teach their children."

Ms. Unluckylucy:
"Yes I already know you don't like poor people who did not go to the best school tootsie"

Oh dear! I am so sorry. I had no idea that only schools, perhaps schools of higher education in some countries, taught children reading comprehension and writing skills. Where I come from, parents take an integral part in teaching these skills to their children. As a child of immigrant parents, tenements and public schools were all my parents could afford, but my parents, understanding that education was the means to gainful employment, stressed dedication and hard work with my studies. My parents were always there with encouragement, support, and assistance with my studies. How sad it is that for some the only means for education came only from school.

Ms. Unluckylucy, you seem excessively aggressive and angry. Is something wrong?
 daynadaze
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 4:54:09 PM
Was this directed at me?

How passive aggressive ^^^ it went well off topic when your mate started bringing in bigotry xenophobia racism anytime someone posted a different view

If so, who is my mate? What the hell are you talking about now?
 Walts
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:14:46 PM

It's weird that you socialize with gay and transgender men...and claim not to be one !!!

Is it???

How weird???

Like a little????

Or a lot????

Or just in between?

For a man that supposedly lives amongst many types of people and supposedly so informed on these types, I still cannot imagine on what you should claim yourself to be????

Even when I'm shiatfaced drunk.

And let me tell ya, I get allllllllll kinds of visions when I'm in that state.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:25:02 PM
Ms. Lucy:

" I'm bored with dealing with projection grow up man up and deal with your own issues

Not my probs

Neurotics should deal with their own issues_preferably away from me_:) and back to their pervert mate"

If I show you what is wrong with your grammar and punctuation, perhaps you will learn enough to teach your children grammar and punctuation.
 kj521
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:31:47 PM
I am sure Ms. Lucy is able to teach her children grammar and punctuation, just fine.

Ms. Lucy.....I may not always agree with your opinions or the way in which you post but I do find value in some of the things you say. Primarily....your concerns of bullying. I find there is validity in them. :)

And.... I will tell you something....there is a particular age where I would discourage my children from doing something completely out of the noreligious and that is at the age 12/13. :)

Edit.....Toot....guess you couldn't wait for me to finish editing. How cute!

Edit again....

Ms. Lucy.....don't thank me. I see the goodness in you. I know you may not like Mr. Irish but I see the goodness in him, too. I, rarely, agree with him....but he definitely is not a pervert! Although....your exchange with him did make me laugh! (Sorry...Mr. Irish! Can'take help myself sometimes.....you can be harsh, too!)
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:37:19 PM
"I am sure Ms. Lucy is able to teach her children grammer and punctuation, just fine."

You are right, it was forward of me to ask to help. (Dear, grammar is not spelled grammer)

"I find their is valid in them. :)"

If I may. It is validity not valid.

"noreligious"

Did you mean "non-religious?"
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:50:54 PM

you are the most perverted man I have ever come across in my life!

Of course this caught my eye, so I read back a few posts. Very disappointing :(
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:56:28 PM
As KJ said, the concern regarding this issue is, indeed, to what extent of bullying may these boys be subjected? Hopefully none but the school cannot possibly guarantee it.

Visible bullying in the class room or the school yard is one thing but what about before and after school and, God forbid, social media? I'm sure we all are aware of the consequences of cyber bullying.

All I can say is; if a student and his parents really, really concur with this idea, then they should be counselled and therefore made fully aware of potential negative consequences.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.