Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 126
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 6 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Yeah, that, kj.

Dressing like the girls in a uniform for school is not the same as kitsch or gag dressing to pick up women, win a bet, carnival or drama club.

Cross dressing and whatever sexual are the same????????

The Wachowskis have mental illness. So do the people affirming them. I would love to know their family history.

They are good, directors, though.

There are a lot of functioning mentally ill people.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:09:27 AM

You said it yourself that a man wearing an article of women's clothing sends of vibes of being a "tranny" while a woman wearing men's clothing doesn't.

Ahhh, not so fast. One of the things is, jeans of any kind, even baggy jeans, aren't male-only. Otherwise "skinny jeans" that guys wear -- would be wearing "women's clothing", which isn't the case. It's just the lack of "male-only" clothes. Skirts & dresses are the only thing that sticks out as one-gender-only (to non-fashionistas).

Now, someone wearing a Scottish kilt and stuff -- we'd understand for when it's traditional time calls for it, but wouldn't want him going crotchless on it. Of course, at a (private) school with Uniforms -- no, you can't wear it. At a public school? Okay, for when the traditional time calls for it. Now, let's say instead, that's just how Scottish guys roll in Scotland. Let's say that's just normal getup every day for guys. They may wear pants, they may wear a skirt. Then let's say that catches on. THEN I would say in a public school with no uniforms, yeah, wearing a mere skirt/dress wouldn't trigger one trying to be a tranny. It'd be interesting to see how trannies would react ("Dammit! You're taking away from us!").
 Coma_White
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:16:17 AM

Dressing like the girls in a uniform for school is not the same as kitsch or gag dressing to pick up women, win a bet, carnival or drama club.

That says it all right there. A man wearing women's clothing is a joke, but a woman wearing men's clothing is cool. I don't understand why people bother fighting for equality in voting and salaries but are okay with saying men are degrading themselves by wearing women's clothing and a woman is elevating herself by wearing men's clothing.

Ahhh, not so fast. One of the things is, jeans of any kind, even baggy jeans, aren't male-only. Otherwise "skinny jeans" that guys wear -- would be wearing "women's clothing", which isn't the case. It's just the lack of "male-only" clothes. Skirts & dresses are the only thing that sticks out as one-gender-only (to non-fashionistas).

Of course. The social norms have changed over time so it's more acceptable for women to wear pants to school and such. What I mean is that women can wear men's shirts and blazers and people think it's a cool thing to do, like a woman that works on cars and goes fishing.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:25:46 AM
^^^^ what is confusing. There are social norms at play. Men do not wear dresses in our society. End of story. Someday that may change . . .but never for me. Why? Because I do not particularly want to wear flowery and pretty things. I'm happy in a pair of Jeans. I think that is how most guys likely are. Guys born with some genetic, DNA, chromosomal or whatever abnormalities that compel them to want to be more effeminate are entitled to wear what they want also . . but they can not be surprised at how people react since men wearing dresses in our society is far from the norm.

Is this a fact based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or is this simply your opinion? And if so, what is the basis for your opinion?
 trinity818
Msg: 130
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:34:04 AM

Is this a fact based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or is this simply your opinion? And if so, what is the basis for your opinion?

In all fairness, she didn't say anything about "well" functioning. There absolutely are a lot of functioning mentally ill people. Hence all the practicing sociologists and psychiatrists. I'm certain that you're aware of the diverse nature of mental illness.

Of course, I disagree with her opinion that transgender people are to be assumed to be mentally ill.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:38:10 AM
^^^^ Well there are 7 billion plus people in the world . . .so a lot is a relative term is it not? Are we talking about one in one hundred, one in ten, one in five? Then you have to define mental illness, and what factors are considered before deeming somebody "functionally mentally ill". Depression can also be defined as a "mental illness", especially manic-depressive. Narcissism is a mental disorder . . . so a leading candidate for President is Mentally Ill. I.e., the statement simply does not tell us a whole lot does it?
 ebolakitty
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/14/2016 11:50:11 AM
Schools, as they were first conceived, were supposed to be a method of educating children and not a means of striking a blow for deviant sexuality. It would probably be better if people, at least, paid insincere lip service to the empty pretence of education. Never fear though. There is no reason to think that a boy in a dress won't get a raging boner when he goes into the girls bathroom and sees some pee pees. Maybe he'll even stick into one like a real man.
 Onyx49
Msg: 133
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:08:33 PM
This is why I hate arguing with people that are likely disturbed in the first place....

This topic was about children...boys wanting to wear a dress to school...and where parenting fit in....nothing else, if adult males want to dress as women, nobody can tell them not to...however with kids a parent can.

Any boy that actually ask to wear a dress...other then for a school play, or Halloween gag...has already become a malicious homo...there's no need for a parent to allow him to suffer more social damage by wearing a dress...it's like everybody is one of those parents that can't say no to kids....like that rich kid that killed 4 people, drunk driving and got off due to being rich and spoiled...

Personally...I can't stand a sorry, spoiled...sissified boy around me, and it seems that most single mothers that I date feel the same way...and have raised solid and decent boys and girls.
Never would any of them allow such a stupid idea to even be placed in their head.

EDIT-Below
Coma

OMG...you love playing dumb just to extend you stupid perspective, or to change the narrative...well...sorry but I'm not gonna piss in ur ear until you understand...as they have done in previous post...just chew on what I said until you get it...or ur fcck'n head explode.....

MSG-187

Ouija....no there are no such people at any cigar bars I go to...however if so, they have that right and would be treated as such...however they would remain outsiders to the inner circle....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 Coma_White
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:13:15 PM

Any boy that actually ask to wear a dress...other then for a school play, or Halloween gag...has already become a malicious homo...there's no need for a parent to allow him to suffer social damage by wearing a dress...it's like everybody is one of those parents that can't say no to kids....like that rich kid that killed 4 people, drunk driving and got off due to being rich and spoiled...

Well that's interesting. What exactly is a "malicious homo"? I've never heard that term before, so would you care to elaborate?
 cassie2425
Msg: 135
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:23:50 PM

There is no reason to think that a boy in a dress won't get a raging boner when he goes into the girls bathroom and sees some pee pees. Maybe he'll even stick into one like a real man.

Nice, I see we haven't advanced much past the juvenile grade 9 thinking.

This is why I hate arguing with people that are likely disturbed in the first place....

Onyx, I have to agree, arguing with the "disturbed" is almost as much fun as arguing with the ignorant. Both are not much fun.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:25:14 PM
^^^^ did you have to ask? :p
If boys want to wear dresses or skirts, let them
I wonder if "malicious homo" types hang around cigar clubs? Something tells me Yes
 deetristate
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:31:42 PM
What is telling is that you boiled all that I wrote down to "joke" and "degrading."

I rest with respect to that.

-------;-;;------

Take my statement or dispute it. It is obvious to me, like "children ride bikes" and the inherent exceptions to that reality. . If you have anything to the contrary, please post it.

_----------------------------

A boy's uniform is a boy's uniform and a girls is a girl's. That's it.

Unless you want attention or to create an unnecessary problem. And then get in the news or file a lawsuit.

By the way, a male pretending to be female is not the same as a being female. He can just change clothes.

----------+++-+-

I am not playing the mincing words game here. We all know what the words mean.

Webster's is online.
 kj521
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:35:23 PM
How about for publicly funded schools that require uniforms.....dresses are eliminated. :)
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:40:10 PM
Dee, what's your definition of mentally ill. Anyone who has different opinions, thinks differently, or chooses to live a different lifestyle than you do? Because when you say "functional, but mentally ill"..I don't know, most mental illness is defined by an inability to "function" in average society.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:40:22 PM

A man wearing women's clothing is a joke, but a woman wearing men's clothing is cool.

That's I think what you're not getting. It's unisexual clothing. Apart from the fashion world or being fashion-minded, there is nothing stand-out as "guy's clothing", as dresses/skirts, obvious makeup and maybe very specific hairdos (like what old ladies have?) are "Female".

There's an Difference between dressing feminine and dressing as a woman. Bruce Jenner may lounge around his house dressed like a guy/tomboy, or wearing a shirt that's cut that looks feminine to those who take a gander at it, and some tighter jeans -- whatever. But when going out to be a Stahhhh, he dresses in full lady getup -- which on the male side, there is no reflective comparison. That's the point.

The social norms have changed over time so it's more acceptable for women to wear pants to school and such.

But that's a Good thing. Pants by themselves don't say "lack of femininity" (it takes certain pants to do that; but they actually make female jeans that lack femininity, like jeans for guys that lack masculinity). It was more "Stick to the dresses" way way back in the day -- to suppress gals to a female-only side and to make things distinctively male/female. I understand the subjective angle to it. But the distinctively male thing has been pretty much lost over the many decades -- that doesn't really exist.

But going Caitlyn-Jenner in terms of decked-out-female-only, looks-surgery, and makeup -- that ain't no reverse-tomboy. Reverse-tomboy is skinny jeans. That doesn't have a "male version". And not having a male version is a step in the right direction. Better than having purely "guys on one wall, girls on the other".
 ebolakitty
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:48:40 PM

How about for publicly funded schools that require uniforms.....dresses are eliminated. :)

Finally a good idea. The working uniforms of soldiers of both sexes are identical. There is no reason not to extend that concept to school uniforms. Good thinking Kj.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:49:31 PM
Dee, what's your definition of mentally ill. Anyone who has different opinions, thinks differently, or chooses to live a different lifestyle than you do? Because when you say "functional, but mentally ill"..I don't know, most mental illness is defined by an inability to "function" " normally". (Whatever that is) in average society. Typically defined by what a majority or large % of people do, defined as acceptable, normal or "mentally healthy". Which changes over time, and depending on the society.e.g. someone who smokes 3 or 4 packs of cigs a day is not typically defined as mentally ill..or someone obese weighing 400 lbs. Who continues to overeat., though those seem questionable to me. Someone who works 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week at a job they hate but never think seriously about changing their situation. Participating in war is considered mentally healthy by most.,.objectively, seems insane.

In some traditional Scottish military regiments, both in UK and former colonies, you might notice on full dress occasions, the men wear kilts and the women wear pants.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:52:28 PM
Maybe it would be healthier for men to wear kilts, skirts, robes, or dresses on many occasions. Wearing tight underwear and pants raises the temperature for the reproduction system, the cojones, and is not a healthy environment.
Cigar bars? Where groups of men hang out together and "bond", while sucking on long thick tube-shaped "flesh-toned, for black people", objects, with few or no women present? Nothing suggestive there. ? As Freud would say, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar., but sometimes it's more.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:09:40 PM

Personally...I can't stand a sorry, spoiled...sissified boy around me, and it seems that most single mothers that I date feel the same way...and have raised solid and decent boys and girls.

Not surprising. Look where you come from . .the tough streets of NYC. Not many "sissified" boys are going to make it there. Remember. If you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere.
 cassie2425
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:15:58 PM
In many cultures the men wear a sari type garment or a robe or kimono of a flowing ankle length outfit of some sort. It wasn't only Scotland where the men wore kilts.

And I'd like a definition from Dee as to what she terms as mentally defective or mentally ill...hell, how about her definition of "normal".

As for a school uniform, where I live now and where I grew up, those who wore uniforms to school either went to a private school or to a catholic school. The private school next to where I grew up is now co-ed instead of a private boys school and tuition for grande 8 to 12 is $35,000.00 a year. As for the catholic school, I doubt they would allow any freedom of expression or allow a boy to wear a girl's uniform as the church is restrictive enough in that regard and the only ones allowed to express their sexuality are the priests and they normal hide that through rape. Cool.

I've watched a few documentaries on transgender children (most were in the 12/13 and up age group) and there was a lot of psychological examinations going on between the professionals, the child's parents, the child...it was not even remotely close to the "I know I'm a boy but I want to be a girl today" situation that some "think" it is. This medical treatment, counselling, meetings, discussions going on for years. Nothing regarding the transgender issue was done on a whim nor taken lightly.
 Bigguysal
Msg: 146
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:24:58 PM

And I'd like a definition from Dee as to what she terms as mentally defective or mentally ill...hell, how about her definition of "normal".

Well her definition is really irrelevant as is her opinion. She is not a professional. She probably has no idea what constitutes mental illness. Although the practice of psychology is more of an art than a science, I don't think there are many credible practitioners who deem "transgender" a mental illness. There are always the outliers, but of course the great weight of the evidence indicates these people were just born this way.

I guess my point is that what Dee thinks about it is meaningless. She is right from that point of view. Why does anybody care what her opinion is. Everybody has the right to an opinion. Just don't confuse that with people having the right to their own facts.
 _babblefish
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:50:55 PM

There is no reason to think that a boy in a dress won't get a raging boner when he goes into the girls bathroom and sees some pee pees. Maybe he'll even stick into one like a real man.

how does one see thru a stall? i've yet to see a "pee pee" in all the many years i've used a girls bathroom
 ebolakitty
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/14/2016 1:55:16 PM

how does one see thru a stall? i've yet to see a "pee pee" in all the many years i've used a girls bathroom

Maybe you haven't seen one but it happens constantly in North Carolina. Things got so bad with trannies sneaking a peek that they had to make a state law about it.
 _babblefish
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/14/2016 2:02:26 PM

Maybe you haven't seen one but it happens constantly in North Carolina. Things got so bad with trannies sneaking a peek that they had to make a state law about it.

why a law? that's down right confusing, y'all mostly are packing why not blow the thousands and thousands of deviants that are piling up on the floors of many many bathrooms leering up into stalls away? boom!!! why y'all gotta complicate thangs?
 ebolakitty
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/14/2016 2:10:45 PM

why a law? that's down right confusing, y'all mostly are packing why not blow the thousands and thousands of deviants that are piling up on the floors of many many bathrooms leering up into stalls away? boom!!! why y'all gotta complicate thangs?

I think you have things confused. I'm not part of y'all. I'm a Yankee from Iowa that absolutely hates guns. Still, I don't think the law goes far enough. If you go to the bathroom in North Carolina, Jesus can see you tinkle. They need to put a stop to that!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.