Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cassie2425
Msg: 201
Boys wearing dresses at school. Page 9 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
^^^ You do realize Dee that 99% of this is good meant to be funny and not mean and nasty. If you hadn't figured that out, you must be devoid of a sense of humour, which wouldn't surprise me. And really, Onyx called me an old whore last week and told me to get back to my street corner so - that fvcker is open for anything I can throw at him and....he generally throws the first volley at - everyone.

You know, its the person inside the dress or the cumquat outfit that is important. The outfit means nothing in the big picture.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 202
Boys wearing dresses at school.
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:02:18 AM
onyx do you prefer to smoke Cubans, White Owls, or Black Cats?

.. or just smoke pole in general? oral fixation in general, always stuffing things in that big yap..it's a wonder time to yip yap between multiple return trips to the buffet..and cigars..and..?

VV

Dee it's cute you have a crush for onyx..not sure he's into your gender..defend your POF BFF..but maybe there's a chance..

VV
 deetristate
Msg: 203
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:05:00 AM
Uh........................ . . OK.
 _babblefish
Msg: 204
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:22:10 AM

Wow...the gay guy with no teeth is talking about sucking on long thick objects...game, set and match...indeed...being that you're a raging "Rump Roaster"...you should be talking about your days of skipping along in a dress instead of being a smartass.....and yeah for all the work you put in, maybe use that money for new teeth instead of a beer...

if only we were all homogenized like you
 Onyx49
Msg: 205
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:32:36 AM
MSG-251

Yeah dee...they are attacking me for calling out that toothless fairy...while accepting the joy he'll have with their sons in the party dresses...oh well !!!!

MSG-252

Cassie, you're still a goat kissing, flea picking filthy old trick...never let anyone tell you different...

The NBA, just announced that they will not move the 2017 All Star Game...out of Charlotte, North Carolina....cool....
 Bigguysal
Msg: 206
Posted: 4/15/2016 11:42:28 AM
Its always nice to consider the latest rulings by the Courts on these types of issues:

https://acluva.org/17406/grimm-v-gloucester-county-public-school-board/

Right of Transgender Student to Use Appropriate Bathroom, G. G. v. Gloucester County Public Schools (U.S. Department of Justice). Filed December 18, 2014. Counsel: Rebecca Glenberg, Gail Deady, ACLU of Virginia; Joshua Block, ACLU National.

Before he began his sophomore year in high school, Gavin Grimm and his mother notified officials at Gloucester High School that he is transgender, that he had legally changed his name to Gavin, and that he should be referred to with male pronouns. Later that fall, the principal allowed Gavin to use the boys’ bathroom, which he did without incident for about seven weeks. For a transgender teenage boy, living as a boy in all respects – including bathroom use – is a critical part of treatment for Gender Dysphoria. Even though Gavin’s use of the boys’ bathroom had not caused any problems at school, parents and others pressured the school board to enact a new policy limiting the use of boys’ and girls’ bathrooms to students of the “corresponding biological gender,” and segregating trans students like Gavin into separate unisex bathrooms. We filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice, claiming that the policy violates Gavin’s rights under federal laws that prohibit sex discrimination in public schools that receive federal funds. A suit was filed on June 11, 2015 against the Gloucester County School Board for revoking Gavin’s access to boys’ facilities.

We asked the court to grant Gavin a preliminary injunction to allow him to use the boys’ restroom while the case is pending. The United States Departments of Justice and Education filed a brief supporting that request. On July 27, 2015, the district court heard arguments on Gavin’s request for a preliminary injunction and the school board’s motion to dismiss the case. On September 4, 2015, the court denied the preliminary injunction. We filed our opening brief on appeal on October 21, 2015.

On October 28, 2015, five amicus briefs were filed on behalf of the plaintiff.

Court Documents (click the link to view .pdf)

Complaint – Department of Justice – December 18, 2014

Complaint – U. S. District Court – June 16, 2015

Motion for Preliminary Injunction – June 16, 2015

Statement of Interest – Department of Justice – June 29, 2015

Brief in Opposition to the Motion for Preliminary Injunction – U. S. District Court – July 7, 2015

Reply in Response to the Brief in Opposition – U. S. District Court – July 14, 2015

Judge’s Opinion in Denial of Preliminary Injunction – U.S. District Court – September 17, 2015

Opening Brief on Appeal – U.S. Court of Appeals – October 21, 2015

Amicus Briefs – October 28, 2015

http://www.ibtimes.com/transgender-bathroom-lawsuit-update-grimms-aclu-case-marks-first-time-federal-appeals-2282337
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2016 2:46:02 PM

Even though Gavin’s use of the boys’ bathroom had not caused any problems at school, parents and others pressured the school board to enact a new policy limiting the use of boys’ and girls’ bathrooms to students of the “corresponding biological gender,” and segregating trans students like Gavin into separate unisex bathrooms.

Why is this girl care what bathroom she uses, if everyone else is told not to care what bathroom She uses? The only rationale I would see allowing this girl (guy-wannabe) to use the guy's bathroom is if the girls were freaked out by this girl fitting herself to look like a guy, and the guys didn't mind.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 208
Posted: 4/15/2016 3:27:25 PM

The problem I have with a boy wearing a dress to school is what is his motivation. To be different? To state a sexual preference? Does that mean he is gay, bi, trans? Or does it mean like many boys that age that he simply wants to be different. We as a society are pushing sexual issues to young people that are too young to make those choices. If he's wearing the dress to make a political statement, then he better know what his political statement is, and be aware of the ridicule and criticism that he will receive. In that case, I believe he is a stronger, better man for having the balls to wear that dress and make with it a relevant statement.

Excellent post IG. :)

...and bamagr?....

I apologise too. I tend to overreact at times. All is well. x
 Ouija2025
Msg: 209
Posted: 4/15/2016 3:44:07 PM
People were mad that Adele let her lil boy dress like a Princess for a costume party.
I was to be a boy = parent unit had everything blue and boyish for me. And no hair, I was mistaken for a boy til hair finally grew.
Doesn't seem to have made me less of a female.
Well except I can still get all street and curb people, but
Not much difference between boys in skirts and boys in shorts.
 Walts
Msg: 210
Posted: 4/15/2016 5:01:00 PM

They are being expelled, NOT for "being themselves" but for failing to wear the uniform that they agreed to wear by virtue of attending the school.

For information sake, since sometimes it's hard to read when you can't see.....

Here in Australia, all high school students have to wear school uniform.....

You give children no "choice", then, I'm sorry, you get what you get. It's not a "uniform" they have don't want to wear, just one that has been imposed on them because of the gender given to them at birth. And no matter what you say, there is medical evidence that gender parts you have when you come out of Mommy, does not always match up with the person you are.

You can disagree with transgender, till the day you die but, it won't stop this situations from happening. And you can disagree with a child expressing themselves but, you would be a fool to do so. One of the biggest problems most adults have is that they are, well, supposed, "adults", and believing TELLING a child what is "right" and what is "wrong" will make them believe you are speaking the "truth". Especially when they find out Mommy and/or Daddy are fools.

Why??????

BECAUSE I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:12:34 PM

You give children no "choice", then, I'm sorry, you get what you get.

Yeah, you'll get some kids b!tching about it for various reasons, but ymmv. But yes, to the kids+parents, I'm sorry, you get what you get. Even if the uniform looks drab. :)

It's not a "uniform" they have don't want to wear, just one that has been imposed on them because of the gender given to them at birth.

One's imposed on them no matter what their gender, though. Regardless of all this, one's imposed on them. You can not like the silly tie you have to wear, you can be super-duper-duper conservative in a certain way and think even the somewhat long dresses are too alluring, and you can think "No, my identity is like a guy/girl," while you're currently growing into your gender/sexuality and want to wear another one.

And again, if the guys aren't supposed to have a problem with a pubescent female identifying as a guy using their bathroom or locker room, then why should said female-feeling-male-internally have a problem using the female locker room?

And no matter what you say, there is medical evidence that gender parts you have when you come out of Mommy, does not always match up with the person you are.

I don't think that's the point though. People will be sexually different, despite having the same gender parts. Gay guys and gay girls don't have their own bathrooms, nor is that ever an issue. Going into locker rooms and bathrooms is about showing private areas or the risk of showing private areas, or something close to that. What bathroom or locker room or uniform is not about how your internal fashion sense or how you feel on the inside or what type of persona you identify better with. If it were, you'd definitely see non-uniformity without transgender types even being around.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 212
Posted: 4/15/2016 9:45:04 PM

You give children no "choice", then, I'm sorry, you get what you get. It's not a "uniform" they have don't want to wear, just one that has been imposed on them because of the gender given to them at birth.

I believe in giving children the choice of being children, not having to define things that take time to define clearly. Let nature define it, not culture, politics, or the ultra right or the ultra left. I still stick to uniforms. What they do out of school, it's their business, but school should be an equalizer where they do not have to think (about sexual identity) or even try to make those statements. But rather learn, create, and discover what it is to be themselves.
 cassie2425
Msg: 213
Posted: 4/15/2016 10:30:16 PM

In an ideal world we could all wear what we wanted in whatever color we chose. We could all paint our finger and toe nails to match. For now, it's not an ideal world.

I do. Today I wore exactly what I wanted to work, Lulu Lemon, and I left at 2 for a manicure and pedicure..my toes are purple and my fingernails are very light pink with a silver glitter on the tips. There were 3 men on there, two getting mani's and pedi's (including clear polish ) on their toes and the third one just got a ppedicure . No one in ther called the sizzling homos or freakin fags or whatever a few think they are. Guys take care of themselves now, a little manscaping, trim the brows and. Think it's about time.

I worry about gun nuts, Jesus freaks, Allah freaks, guys like Trump, that crazy little fvcker in North Korea, ISIL, bees not pollinating our fruits and veg and flowers, too many plastic water bottles, all those friggin shit filled diapers in our land fills along with poop form every friggin pet, including my cat. i find avid Suzuki mis framed, a liar and a hypocrite that does put on a decent doc every nice in awhile.

I don't worry about 1 boy or girl out of a few thousand that may want to wear a dress/pants. I've shopped in stores with Transexuals and I'll tell you wa tthey know they're stuff, they know what looks good on them, they know the designers , they are totally polite, at times very funny and they never bring their screaming brats to the store.

How many transgender do you know. Hell most of us only know a handful of gay/lesbians.

We make this an ideal world for normal straight people. We had to be dragged kicking an screaming to include people of all colours, cultures,race, language, disabilities and on and on. Is the last challenge along with euthanasia?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 214
Posted: 4/15/2016 10:39:39 PM
onyx49- This is going to seem like I'm calling you out, and I guess I am, but I have to ask..............
If you have ever said whether or not you have children, I missed it.
If you do, or say you might one day want to..........
You would love that child, right?
No matter what, right?
Now, let's further suppose that the child grew up and came to you and said "Dad, I know I was born a boy, but I feel like a girl, I want to be a girl."
Now, what do you do, what do you say?
Inquiring minds want to know.
PLEASE try to tell me that you would reject your own child, or try to change their mind.
If so, give good reason why, GOOD reason why, your OWN child would be rejected by you and/or expected to change what they KNOW to be true for THEM.
(others don't expect much from you, I am giving you a chance to give intelligent reason, not nonsense, like" just because I said so").
 Walts
Msg: 215
Posted: 4/16/2016 5:16:04 AM

But rather learn, create, and discover what it is to be themselves.

IG, I usually agree with a lot of what you say. But, when "uniforms" are implemented, this form of reasoning once was thought of us as "correct". In fact, it's the complete opposite. Uniforms, in fact, set the mind into conform mode, not creative mode. It "restricts" and "separates" groups of individuals from others. "We" against "them". You don't open young minds when you restrict them. Unless, of course, you want the same "type" of person to pop out the other end of the process? Which by the way, they have discovered to be true, especially the way our education systems are now performing. Kinda like a factory.

And when, the individual enters the real world after their schooling, a lot will have to go thru some form of transition from group to individual thinking and acting. I understand the whole concept of "team" environment and working together but, to discover, learn, create, it's not as easy in a group environment/concept as it is when one is left with their own thoughts without the worry of acceptance and conformity from others.
 deetristate
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/16/2016 5:27:28 AM
No one is trying to stop anything. I love how you people put words in other people's posts so that you can then attack it.
LOL!

There have been and always will be adulterers, trans, homosexuals, pedophiles, people into abusive bondage. Should society recognize and encourage and applaud it? No.

No one is trying to stop it because you can't. Such people have always and will always exit.
And no one is "worried" about them.

When I see them, I just smile and nod.

And yes, I agree, we should treat them, we should treat them like we would any other person with a mental illness. Maybe even free, at no charge.

Oh yes,I forgot, liberals are outlawing such mental health treatment.

So what if it is the public school. It is the uniform. It is quite simple.

I am sorry that you all are dealing with this trans issue in your families or with yourself. Get help for that person or yourself. They really can get better. You really can get well.

And are you all equating cross dressers and trans and homosexuals? Really? Are they all the same people?

If you have to wear stockings and socks to work and a suit and tie you refuse to do that, don't expect a promotion. That is just life.

Maybe retired people forget those things Best to teach them now. Also, investigate with a mental health professional why the need for attention and desire to be what they are not and what looks like hatred of oneself if you are one sex and want to be the other. Look into the parents that encourage it.

I would love my child who had that issue. I would get treatment for him or her. And if as an adult her or she insisted, I would treat him or her just like I would an adulterer or thief child. Not in my house and not around me.

That was a great question the person who asked why is it so important which bathroom that trans person uses to that trans person. The reason: TO FORCE EVERYONE TO IDENTIFY and RECOGNIZE THEM AS SOMETHING THAT THEY ARE NOT.

So given that, no one in entertainment should be followed as an example. That example of Adele ind of proves Onyx point about single mothers and their boys.

But dressing a kind as a duck on one occasion is nothing. If he insists on wearing duck outfits and thathe be allowed to pee in the pond with the other ducks on a daily basis, then you have problem.

Anyway, name call all you want. That is my position.
 Walts
Msg: 217
Posted: 4/16/2016 5:48:05 AM

we should treat them like we would any other person with a mental illness.

I try, surely I do.

But, you do make it quite difficult at times with your opinions and words you pick to try and explain what's going on with your line of "thinking(????????)"
 kj521
Msg: 218
Posted: 4/16/2016 6:17:16 AM
Call me selfish Mr. Walts....but being the mother of two teenagers....I would prefer standard uniforms for high schools.

Partly for me.....as I have one who is fashioned oriented and one who isn't. I wouldn't have to constantly reign one in and I wouldn't have to learn about a specific gender fashion in order to pick out clothes for the other. It would simply make my life easier.

But more important than my inconvenience....is the suggestion that uniforms promote conformity.

Well....yeah....that's the purpose. But.....let's think about conformity in WHAT?

What is the purpose of clothes? Put simply.....protection and communication.

So which one is being limited or conformed? The communication aspect.

It is my opinion that during these formative years....I would much prefer that they spent more time in the classroom figuring out their aptitudes, skills, talents, and passions through the encouragement to express themselves through art, literature, math, science, etc.

From a social aspect.....it also has the ability for a short period of time in their lives to have the potential to allow for less self segregation based on group identified clothing articles.

We live in a World where balance between the individuals need for self expression and social conformity is always in conflict because we are individuals and also, social animals. :)
 cassie2425
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/16/2016 6:32:47 AM

we should treat them like we would any other person with a mental illness.

I try, surely I do.

But, you do make it quite difficult at times with your opinions and words you pick to try and explain what's going on with your line of "thinking(????????)"

Boy, ain't that the truth Walts. And it's not "thinking". And I sure hope she herself didn't breed. I can't imagine a mother or father not allowing a child in their home because they were gay, trans, an adulterer or a thief. Homophobes, the ignorant and bigots are allowed.
 Walts
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:25:03 AM

From a social aspect.....it also has the ability for a short period of time in their lives to have the potential to allow for less self segregation based on group identified clothing articles.

But, the uniform code here does segregate. Doesn't the code actually start the division between genders by telling your children, boys wear pants, girls wear dresses? And isn't this what the original question about?

It is my opinion that during these formative years....I would much prefer that they spent more time in the classroom figuring out their aptitudes, skills, talents, and passions through the encouragement to express themselves through art, literature, math, science, etc.

The years BEFORE your children reach 10-12 are the most "important" years in installing morals, values, beliefs etc into your children, not high school. Many parents do not understand this. Don't want bullying???? Teach your children about acceptance and differences by 10 to 12, and you are well on your way to having less "problems" in the high school years. Try and "change" your children when the problems arise in their teens and you are in for one long battle. Not saying it can't be done, it's just not easy. I'm sure some here can tell you how hard it actually is.

True education is about questioning, COMMUNICATION (talking and interactions about "differences") and the ability to "think", "process". But, KJ, you, yourself admit that "communication" is being limited with the code, and with that, your young ones are to "conform". The less questioning, the better????? Are you suggesting, that is actually a "good thing"???? The best "teachers" of the world LOVE being questioned, which in turn evolves into dialogue. These "teachers" include us adults, as parents.

A quiet classroom, with children's arms folded on their desks, noses to the books, is not good.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 221
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:34:06 AM
Sure, uniforms are "going to make kids- I assume you mean up to 18 years old- "forget" about gender identity"." And just focus on school work".. LMAO..
Riiiight..do you even remember yourself in that age range? Most people are well aware from about age 7 or 8 onwards.
Uniforms can't change that.
 deetristate
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:41:01 AM
Sorry, Cassie. I do have kids.
They are great!

And they are polite to the trans, lesbians, the neighbor who left his wife and three small kids and the homeless drug addicted vet in our neighborhood. They just are taught not to aspire to any of that, it is not a good place to choose and that is not where you want to end up. Those are not the choices that they want to make.

They also know that they would not be allowed to bring any of that BEHAVIOR into my house in any fashion.

All of these "freedoms" that liberal Americans are giving their kids is one of the reasons companies are giving for hiring anyone but a young American under H1B visas. But I digress. . ..

"Sure, uniforms are "going to make kids- I assume you mean up to 18 years old- "forget" about gender identity"."" Who said THAT?

You people are free to send your kids to Unitarian or "free form" or "crunchy granola" schools. America is great like that. But if they go to school with uniforms, they should wear the uniforms. You know, like on the paper that they hand out with the photos of the uniforms for boys and uniforms for girls.

If your school wears blue khakis, don't come to school in plaid pants. It is so simple.

How you "feel" is irrelevant,
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 223
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:50:31 AM

A quiet classroom, with children's arms folded on their desks, noses to the books, is not good.

That's one problem with our school system, for sure. The problem that bothers me the most, though, is the ratio of children to adults. Children are being raised by their peers. Kind of explains the bullying issues. I read Lord of the Flies :)
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 224
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:59:03 AM
^^
Uh oh, a plug for teacher's unions and public sector. ? We must double the number of teachers immediately. ! At higher salaries of course.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 225
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:03:50 AM
There is something else going on here that hasn't been discussed enough. School policy... always bad. There is nothing more depraved than saying, "rules are rules." It is used justify the most unspeakable abuses. Not every school child is a cross dresser or transsexual. There is a reason that such individuals are referred to as minorities... there aren't very many of them. There is no reason not to handle each kid on a case by case basis. Abusing these kids and calling it a dress code is criminal.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Boys wearing dresses at school.