Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I had to use Ajax and scotchbrite to remove her 'foundation' from the sink.

Make a paste by mixing Comet (non-scratch) with Vim Creme. This stuff cleans everything.

If I'm not working and not too knackered, I would need half an hour to shower, dry my hair and find clothes with no holes, paint or bleach stains.
(All of my clothes are clean, but distressed, very, very distressed.)
 kulahau
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?
Posted: 4/28/2016 2:16:17 PM
The distance between first contact and a meet varies. It depends a lot on what a person's 'dating trajectory' is. Are they looking to marry, or are they more of the no commitment type? I've had more than a few women abandon a series of e-mails without explanation. I wonder if they were expecting to skip the general banter, and go direct to meeting. In any case, dinner's not a great idea for a first meeting, as in addition to questions of who's getting the check, there is a long time commitment involved. First dates are all about seeing if there is any chemistry. That generally does not take an hour or so. Coffee/tea, or a drink are better options as you have no expectations for a long time commitment (who want's to prolong the agony if things are not going well?). Dinner is Not the sort of thing one can usually organize at the spur of the moment (especially if there are children involved).
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/28/2016 4:33:07 PM

What bothers me about the question is that they are asking me to go out to dinner with them THAT NIGHT,

Were you planning on skipping dinner THAT NIGHT?

Or did you have a state dinner at the White House already on your calendar?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:17:59 PM
kulahau

I am with you that a first meet is not a first date and women in particular should not expect the guy to pick up the tab for dinner necessarily. In fact a first meet for me would be daytime, for a drink and just casual. Chemistry is there almost at the get go and I know pretty well within a few minutes if I would want to continue.

However a lot of people don't want to spend time with emails etc before meeting. It can build up a false picture or expectations that can be dashed on meeting in person. All this "getting to know "someone in cyberspace beforehand is a waste of time. Meet as soon as IMO. I have had guys give me their number within a few questions and I am okay with that if I felt I would be interested.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:22:52 PM
A later night invitation with someone I hardly know would not be on and especially at short notice. It would be because of a cancellation or a second try that evening perhaps. No thanks...

As for expecting sex after a dinner date, some may expect it but what sort of woman puts out that soon and what sort of man suggests it ?? I have heard of the blowjob in the carpark after a meal and drinks but that surely would be rare.
 BlondeApriLShowers
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:30:05 AM
S
peaking of LH, I didn't get the impression she was whining...instead the problem was those guys misrepresenting themselves, sometimes to the extent that they ended up being someone totally different upon meeting them. Obviously those issues are beyond anyone's control.

I felt she was justified in her posts; after all this is the POF Forum. Many people I knew who did OLD had similar experiences.
 lilydreams
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:44:42 AM
^^^ LH couldn't select a man to save her soul. I've never, ever seen someone discard so many for so much or so little. I think she was had some sort of issue. Maybe she thought she would find something by volume shopping instead of being a little more selective. There is more to a man than having a penis and being able to hike just like there is more to a woman than boobs and long legs.

And the constant dissing of her dates was funny at the start and then it became more telling on her part, in fact I thought it made her sound a bit foolish in that I doubt she could even select a ripe peach from a box at the store. Maybe change up the way you select a date...how obvious is that.
 BlondeApriLShowers
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:03:06 AM
^^^
they mis-represented themselves in order to secure a meet/date.

DISTURBING.
 friedstone
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:22:38 AM
LH lived in a fantasy world. She was a proven liar . . .over and over. She had real issues. She was rude and offensive to the men she dated who may have read her reviews online. She deserves all the scorn she got here.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:29:30 AM

Maybe change up the way you select a date...how obvious is that.

Maybe...you can give us some pointers, since you've been so successful.....lol.

LH lived in a fantasy world. She was a proven liar . . .over and over. She had real issues.

It's just a message board....why do you care??? Friggin' stoopid!!

She was rude and offensive to the men she dated who may have read her reviews online.

Again...why do you care???

She deserves all the scorn she got here.

Irony at it's best....

In the word of Onxz....don't talk to me....bawhahaha
 lilydreams
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:39:33 AM
Hmmm. What ever happened to you saying you weren't going to read my stuff? You must not have much of a life if you just follow me around and comment on my posts.

they mis-represented themselves in order to secure a meet/date.

I think she misrepresented herself as well, a tad anal retentive...actually, more than a tad, IMO.
BTW, I hope you stay Blonde.

OMG Whiskey, leave the whiskey alone, you sound like you're 12. geez.
 friedstone
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:43:15 AM
@ whiskey^^^ that shows your nastiness. In a civilized society, people do not publicly defame and scorn the their dates. It shows a complete lack of class and worse, shows an insensitivity to the harm she might have been causing any she dated and then who read her online reviews.

So yes, this is just a message board . . . so it is one thing when you are rude to people like Lilly or myself. You are a nobody in my world and so your opinion doesn't matter. But it is a different situation entirely if you and I dated (that will NEVER happen . . don't worry) and then you publicly berated me online. Even if not mentioning my name, I still might be highly offended and hurt about what you said about me.

But that is the problem with Nasty women, and that is what defines them as nasty women. They just don't give a damn about anybody but themselves.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:56:24 AM
^^^^^^^^^Are you two Daft???
DON'T TALK TO ME....

So yes, this is just a message board . . . so it is one thing when you are rude to people like Lilly or myself. You are a nobody in my world and so your opinion doesn't matter

Oh Boy...Just about peed myself over that line......the tears are rolling down my face....
 2ufo
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:18:37 AM
LH was interesting and well-spoken. I got a chuckle out of many of her dating stories. Others made me hide my face in mortification. I never took anything she said as totally true, nor as totally false; simply as stories polished by exaggeration as humans usually do for an audience. Even though she could peeve me with her opinions and I thought she was a bit of a hypocrite for not being as forgiving as she wanted her dates to be, I occasionally miss her posts.
You know, totally human.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:44:05 AM
^^^^ I agree. I didn't find her posts to be "OMG" or "How dare she say that??" which would trigger an emotional reaction or anything.
 PianoPetal
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2016 6:29:25 PM
I see the sock-puppets are out in full force. Maybe put down the hooch for abit "Cassie" and get outside for some fresh air. Or something.

Yeah, LH was a character that's for sure. Her profile was very detailed from what I remember, and she did have some funny stories...I hope maybe someday she comes back to tell more. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:20:18 PM
I agree with Clooneys
If I am interested in the guy then the fact that he may call and want to see me within a few hours is fine.
Playing hard to get is counter productive and again the night of the week does not matter either. I actually like the quieter mid week rendezvous as places are less crowded and even the prices can be cheaper. WHen you have sex is when you both feel comfortable and can be any time.

It is interesting that LH is mentioned so frequently now she is gone. More than anyone else. I personally miss Sealady from Sydney. LH got quite a lot of flack when she posted here and I don't blame her for withdrawing unless she is under another name now.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:34:20 PM
I miss SeaLady too.

She was practical as was I.

She never forgot to mention the word...solvent in her list of desirable attributes :)
 quinneskimo
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/9/2016 9:05:37 PM
^^^ I liked Sealady as well. She was the only person I know that called a 25 foot sailboat a yacht... But I found her practical, as Clooney said. She didn't have on rose coloured glasses and she didn't constantly bash men and spent more time discussing the difficulties of finding a good partner in the 50 to 60+ dating range, difficult for both genders.

"Solvent", that is a good word. Lol.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/10/2016 6:51:28 AM
Clooney

I miss SeaLady too.
She was practical as was I.

She had the biggest crush on you too....

I liked Sealady too...Too bad she got caught up in the Queen wars on here.
Her stories were not much different than LH or a few others.....is it all about Favoritism or Perception.?
Another one who opted not to return because of the nonsense...as far as I know.
I'm sure she tunes in once in a while.....waves.
 south_city
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/10/2016 7:30:06 AM

Speaking of LH, I didn't get the impression she was whining...instead the problem was those guys misrepresenting themselves, sometimes to the extent that they ended up being someone totally different upon meeting them. Obviously those issues are beyond anyone's control.

Her posts weren't just about men being dishonest about their age or height or whatever. It was often about her constant put downs of men didn't match her requirements.
 PianoPetal
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:09:49 AM
Well, when you are looking for a fella with the physique of Chef Robert Irvine and Chef Boy-Ar-Dee shows up instead, one would tend to get a bit grouchy about it I guess.

LH was on the very fit side of life and my impression of her was that she still wanted to ride a horse that had some gallop left in him, and a plow horse would just not do... if you know what I mean... ;)
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:40:38 AM
The truth is that LH hated men and let everybody know how much she hated men every-time she opened her mouth. She will always be alone, just like you will always be alone Piano . . . .and several others here, because deep down you are revolted by men and you all think you are too good for any man you meet. In short you are victims of your own personalities and dysfunctions.

LH was a reasonably attractive woman for her age . . . there is no reason on God's Green Earth she should not have found at least a few of her hundreds or thousands of dates as relationship material other than her internal dysfunction.

That is true for any woman who is reasonably good looking. There is no reason why such a woman who is also possessed of sensitivity and kindness should not be able to find a guy.

But if you are bitter and angry, and despise men as some of you do . . . its never going to happen. You will never be able to hide who you are either from a guy or from yourselves.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:47:11 AM
And Ms. Pianopetal, may I suggest to you that you need to get over the fact your sister was killed all those years ago when a house fell on her. You need to get over that and go on with your life . . . . shed that hatred and bitterness. Choose happiness instead :-)
 PianoPetal
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:47:54 AM
^^ Don't quit your day job because you sure suck the big onion at being psychic d00d. lmfao :)
Which circle-jerking, sock-puppet group do you belong to? Nevertheless, you are just jealous of me. Must be a painful life ... ~smirk~
Run along now, I'm done with you. Troll.

Edit:

The troll song - By PianoPetal*

Oh! The trolls are out in full force tonite,
Faceless Penis-swingers, so full of fight!
But if the truth were to be told,
In real life they ain't that bold,
No, they aren't that brave.
Because in reality they aren't old enough to shave!
Ah, la-la-la La, La, etc. etc.

*Key of G
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?