Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 126
Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Here comes "Cassie" sign in hand,
Advertising free BJ's to all the men,
She ain't no looker, hell, she ain't no Venus,
And she will only be nice to you,
If you have a penis!

The rhyme's not bad. The metre could use a bit of work ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 127
Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?
Posted: 5/11/2016 5:59:03 AM
You know FA .
Word .. what you and your many profiles messaging each other now ? :/
Baby = I am so glad you returned, missed your wit
 Whisky_River
Msg: 128
Posted: 5/11/2016 6:14:26 AM
Friggin'.....Cuckoo for CocoPuffs...that one.
Word gets around.....bawhahahaha.

@PP....You're rather talented.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:10:20 AM
^^^^^ Yes what a talent. Probably takes years of practice to learn how to be so offensive as PP. No surprise some of you would be applauding her. That's the world you live in :-)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:11:03 AM

Here he comes a-penis swinging, right on time...
...If he would wash the Cheeto's from his hands, the more women he probably would lure.

The characters we form online are visions in our head,
Ghosts of assumptions, dreams we want to bed.
An actor we script to fill that role, the one we want to cast,
Often will not exist - just fiction based on the past.
People try and try again to win that elusive role,
But settling for less can't be short of selling out your soul.
Instead they get struck down, with names most derogatory,
because, of many, they might fall short in one simple category.

Logging off to the real world, dealing with reality,
People can't fake themselves, they are what we see.
We are not even close to the dreams we wish to meet,
And yet, we believe, we always deserve, we belong to - the elite.
Failure and time teaches each a certain degree of humility,
And realizing being with anyone is better than this insanity.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:34:36 AM
^^^^^ You do have to wonder how a woman comes up with a vision in her head of a guy who
comes a-penis swinging . . . if he would wash the Cheeto's from his hands

I mean, I am not a psychologist but I am guessing most normal women do not have these sorts of visions in their head. LOLOLOL.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:51:14 AM
Please don't bash Cheetos :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 11:36:24 AM

Please don't bash Cheetos :)

Just yesterday I noticed a young woman posting here in these forums with a user name like "Flaming Cheetos" or something like that.

Which made me wonder if she were inspired by your comments, CT. (smile)

Messages this short may not be posted
 ndm147
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/11/2016 1:51:51 PM
I am not commenting on what this post has turned into, its a mess. Ok, I did comment.

But I did see a recipe on line the other day for the best meat loaf ever: cheetos are added to the top for crunch. Not ketchup, not barbeque sauce but cheetos.
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/11/2016 2:19:59 PM
^^^ Can you post the recipe? It would be so much more interesting than this thread.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/11/2016 4:48:22 PM
I saw a similar recipe, but a fine paste is made by mixing the Cheeto crumbs with lubriderm. Delish!
 tbicon2
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:15:22 PM
The penis swinging lady is still here? LOL. You do have to wonder if she has a lesbian relationship with one of the moderators comma or admins do you not?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/14/2016 6:24:40 PM
No,^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Actually I just posted on another thread, a game to play with a "swinging penis". It's hilarious!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/14/2016 6:52:06 PM
For some reason Donkey Kong music is playing in my head...

Someone start a whispering eye thread.
 hemingway234
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/18/2016 12:15:07 PM
The original thread starter is 100% correct - guys should set a first date at least 24 hours in advance.

After you two are a couple, then an occasional booty-call is okay (kids, cover your eyes!).

And as far as some guys expecting sex for taking you to dinner? - perhaps some control-freak guys do think this way. Too bad so sad!
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/18/2016 7:05:10 PM

The original thread starter is 100% correct - guys should set a first date at least 24 hours in advance.

After you two are a couple, then an occasional booty-call is okay (kids, cover your eyes!).

And as far as some guys expecting sex for taking you to dinner? - perhaps some control-freak guys do think this way. Too bad so sad!

Why?

Because that is what you do or what you prefer?

This is actually part of the selection process and weeds out the wrong type of person for you--if everyone does what they think others want then you end up with clones who are nothing like who they actually are...why not just be yourself and do what you want and then when you meet the right person it works!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2016 7:45:52 PM

Why?

Because of efficiency in getting dates to stick. If you always set up a date in less than 24 hours before your proposal, you're going to have a bad batting average. Not to say they occasionally can't work, but your ideal time, as far as expecting them to be able to make it, should be at least 24 hours.

Because that is what you do or what you prefer?

I think it's what should be expected of the Other person to prefer -- a feasibility issue. As far as guys expecting sex for merely taking them to a dinner -- that's another poor expectation. If one has that expectation, he's going to get pretty frustrated.

Now, if it's a Girl expecting the guy to put out for merely taking him to dinner -- her luck will be better. :)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:55:49 AM
I'll put out for a cup of coffee.

Wish the gals felt the same :(
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/20/2016 10:59:34 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Awww Thanks Clooney,
Now, you do realize, it's fairly common here, for one of us to choke on or even spew our coffee all over our keyboards right?
I'll tell you what. You "put out" for the first cup of coffee, I'll arrange for the second, plus paper towels?
 OneInAQuadrillion
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/22/2017 12:58:39 PM
Today's women are so rude. I had one date actually pick up a cel phone and put it to her ear. My thoughts? You guessed it. No second date for you lady.

Get some manners!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2017 2:38:39 PM

Now, if it's a Girl expecting the guy to put out for merely taking him to dinner -- her luck will be better. :)

Although men engaging in coitus may not need much in the way of encouragement or a particular approach - or even a reason, "Luck" is a relative term. Ladies accepting the terms of 'What you see is what you Get' doesn't always result in a favorable customer satisfaction rating. What blows my mind is how many ladies DO expect the unexpected - as if finding a piece of clothing at a garage sale for fifteen cents is nearly always supposed to be worth fifty dollars. You're shopping around on a free, universal, very UN-pretentious website - as still expect the best of the Best?

Repeating myself, with a slight addendum:

The time frame for a date is not the same for any PERSON, no matter what seems to be constant, so expecting your point of view to be a universal 'policy' for anyone else is really a selfish and single-minded point of view. The world won't change to match your expectations, so the best you can do is play through, TELL people what you expect, and politely say 'No' to the ones you find displeasing.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2017 4:54:11 PM

What blows my mind is how many ladies DO expect the unexpected - as if finding a piece of clothing at a garage sale for fifteen cents is nearly always supposed to be worth fifty dollars. You're shopping around on a free, universal, very UN-pretentious website - as still expect the best of the Best?

Well, yeah, it's a Free site -- so you will have quality prospects, but more in a sea of non-qualities -- a lot lower % of quality picks than Match (pay site). But there's also more people on POF to choose from though. And Tinder's also free -- but most are in their 20s - early 30s. There's quality picks there (some hotties!).

I think a lot of what you're talking about is that many gals go into "Super Picky Mode" when dealing with the "online" thing. Guys outnumber gals around 2.5:1 in age ranges of frequent use -- because it's a negative image thing to "go online" for many women... and for those who do, they want to be in Super Picky Mode. Not all of course. Just a large chunk of them. IRL, they're going to be less picky about a guy's height, build, job, etc.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2017 10:45:49 PM
And WEALTHY people still shop at Walmart because thowing money away didn't make them wealthy.

So, beautiful people use a FREE site because they can get immediate attention for FREE.

And, wealthy, career-minded, nest-egg-building professionals use a FREE site to dodge people who are trying to target rich folk, so they can date incognito ( money-wise ) until they feel secure the other person is about the personality, not the purse.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/24/2017 5:01:25 AM

(OP) I think it's rude for a man to ask a lady to just drop everything and run off to meet him on the spot. It says to me the man does not value my time.

(halcyon_skies) I would say it's more presumptuous than rude on his part---as if he thinks you're hard up, and he's the only one giving you the time of day. That it would never even occur to him that there might be other men vying for your attention besides him.

Or, he's bold, and/or optimistic. Or, he thinks he's not talking to a high-strung, over-analytical woman...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone follow DATING ETIQUETTE anymore?