Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ndm147
Msg: 251
Gorgeous Women over 50Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
crook_catcher, that is a great story. Years ago a few couples rented a beach house. My (late) husband and I had just gotten a puppy (cock a p00) and she was too young to board in a kennel, so we brought her with us. The guys would take her down to the beach and the amount of attention they got from women was amazing. Moral of the story: rent a puppy and you will be a 10!
 lilydreams
Msg: 252
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 8:57:53 AM
Someone just told me they were "prettier than me, made more money than me and was happier than me". They weren't kind enough to do it by numbers...like she's a 9 and I'm a 4. But after that juvenile and stupid comment she became a 2. IMO.

How do people put so much weight on fluff. I know many dorks driving Mercedes, a few beautiful women that are dumb as sticks and some awesome people that do janitorial work. So yes, a 10 can quickly become a 1 and a 3 can quickly become a 10. And how many actually think that way - oh, he's a 7....

I saw a woman in a mall a couple years ago, she had to be 85 or so. Dressed in a lovely sweater and slacks, a little makeup, a little jewelry and a huge smile. She was so striking that I had to go tell her how beautiful she looked. We had a little chat, she told me she was 88 and had 3 kids and some grandkids, great grandkids. She had "the" attitude. You can't beat that.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 253
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 9:12:22 AM

Moral of the story: rent a puppy and you will be a 10!

I've heard that the cute dog works in parks etc. :)

Only story about a dog I have is way back when my daughter was just a toddler.

One day this guy I knew pulled up and said he was in a bind and was in the process of moving and couldn't take his dog with him. He asked if I would take it as he didn't have time to find it a home and didn't want to take it to the pound. I said what kind of dog is it?....he said let me show you and we walked over to the bed of his truck and there was a female white pit bull....well I wasn't the least bit interested in a pit bull with my daughter being small and having no clue on this dogs disposition...so I said I'll have to pass. He was insistent though...practically begging so I said ok. Well he gets the dog out and hands me the chain that he had hooked to the collar...climbs in the truck and saying thanks man! drives off.

I'm standing there looking at this dog thinking...what have I done...when this truck slows down and pulls in the driveway. Guy pulls up and says...that's a good looking dog is it a female? I said..why yes it is....he say's I'm looking for one to breed my male with..would you be interested in selling it?...I said I don't know..my daughter thinks the world of this dog.....$120 and ten minutes later the man owns a new dog. :)

I would get into the story of the chained goat and another pit bull on the way to work but that's about as OT as this post...another time perhaps. ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 254
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 9:14:50 AM
#1s everywhere can rejoice! Problem seems to be that no one gives the so called lower ranking a chance so they don't get to see them change into a 10.
Your right Lily - attitude is everything. And puppies are women ( and men ) magnets. I could rent Lilith out by the hour and take care of mortgage payments.
Someone wake up NG so we can find his "number"
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 255
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:28:55 AM
Right, no leagues at all. Joe the Plumber or Sam the garbage collector or Paul the unemployed guy living at mom's had exactly the same opportunity as Brad Pitt, in marrying Angelina Jolie. Must be sheer coincidence that "most" people end up with someone relatively in the same or similar social class, education level, and broadly speaking, looks "level".
Sure there is some subjectivity but far more guys will find Megan Fox, Shakira, or Beyoncé attractive, than Susan Boyle of Britain's got Talent fame. Far more women will find Colin Farrell or George Clooney attractive than would Danny Trejo.
I understand the idea seems "not fair" to some people so they prefer to deny it.
In America, "anyone" can be President, right? Riiiiigghhht.. We'll wait a long, long time before it's an orphan born in a ghetto. ."anyone" can be..just helps a lot if you're born into a rich, politically connected family..and maybe the son, or wife, of a former president. LOL
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 256
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:34:44 AM
I think a 10 could more quickly become a 1 by opening their mouths, than the other way around .
For the people who claim there are no leagues, you've never ever said, or thought, "what does s/he see in him/her?" When you see a couple? Had the thought that one or the other must have low self esteem, and/or one has a lot of money?
 2beetoo
Msg: 257
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:44:26 AM
My understanding is when Trump met his present super model wife at a party (Ivana?), who he has what, twenty years on her?, she had no interest in him UNTIL she later found out who he was and then she agreed to go out with him.

And as many have said on here over and over, no chemistry . . . no sex appeal . . . not interested. Nothing changes chemistry and nothing effects chemistry as much as physical attractiveness. Yes, a ten can open her mouth and become a one, but a one is never going to become a ten. Not going to happen. A guy who is a ten will lose that advantage quickly if he treats women poorly, but a woman will never win a guys heart if she is not, at least, minimally attractive to him.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:35:42 AM

Someone wake up NG so we can find his "number"

Okay, okay, I'm up! I drank too much, and woke up with a 3! I sure thought she was a 6 or better with that umpteenth beer in my hand...!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours, how about that? ;) We're actually not as good looking as we think, despite us having a tendency to be too self-judgmental.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/you-are-less-beautiful-than-you-think/

IMO, it's kind of like judging the sound of your own voice -- you're not going to be a good self-judger. When it comes to self-looks, I guess by default, rank it a bit lower than you perceive would be a safe bet. I mean, my impeccable charm and my zany wit can only carry me so far, right? ;) I'm sure to many on here I'm a 1, but I'll just think of myself as a 5. :)

I think a 10 could more quickly become a 1 by opening their mouths, than the other way around .

I agree. I mean, there's stories of course where one thinks Bob/Sally was just another joe-schmo, but certain aspects like voice/swagger/persona/etc changed it. The reason they're stories is because it's rare for it to move the needle Significantly for the better when they were in the more negative range on the face of it.

Yes, a ten can open her mouth and become a one, but a one is never going to become a ten. Not going to happen.

I agree. Won't happen. And I will say it'd be more difficult than one may think for a 10 to become a 1 (despite being much easier and actually possible as opposed to a 1 -> 10). I think the big Disappointment is what will make it feel like a 1 when really, it just dropped a lot ("Uggggh, I knew there was a catch...").
 kj521
Msg: 259
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:00:14 PM
"When it comes to self-looks, I guess by default, rank it a bit lower than you perceive would be a safe bet..........but I'll just think of myself as a 5. :)"

So Mr. Norwegian.....your 5 is really....what? A.....7??? :D

Dating down on a Saturday night were you? Lol!

Just teasing you! ;)

Btw.....I can be very objective about myself. I can range anywhere from negative numbers up to 10.
And I got talent too. I can do this all in one day! ;) ;)
 flman2015
Msg: 260
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 1:27:12 PM
NG

It's recognizing the difference between people's Attraction levels.

I suspect that complicating simple things is detrimental to an individual's attraction level.

It's no surprise the guy who plays Superman is a Much better catch than me and you.

He is ?.... if he thinks about a woman he is going out with as a lowly "2" he is dating down on a Tuesday, I don't think that would make him a better catch than any other guy who views the same woman as a Saturday "10". Your hypothesis doesn't seem to hold water, much less a ladder.

So deny reality that some people are better catches than others,

I don't deny that some people are better catches than others. So far it looks like the misuse of a ladder could be detrimental to that characteristic. (see previous paragraph.)

It's not totally meaningless unless it's totally random.

That statement reveals a flaw in your mathematical ladder. Randomness or, lack thereof, does not imply absence or presence of meaning. Your ladder/scale is meaningless not because of any randomness but because the assigned value (1 through 10) varies significantly depending on who is making the measurement. That is what makes it meaningless, regardless of randomness. If you need more information about randomness and meaning, I can provide a few good sources (start by Googling Donald Knut... then read his books)

I'm up! I drank too much, and woke up with a 3! I sure thought she was a 6 or better with that umpteenth beer in my hand...!

You know you have a "meaningful" measure when the amount of beer consumed makes a 100% difference. You are drawing conclusions on solid liquid ground.

... but who I think is a 3, isn't in reality going to be a 9 by society.

Apparently, it's more dependent on beer than society. Looks like your ladder uses an alcohol based engine.

We may not initially be attracted to someone but, when we see things happening in real time in the real world, all of a sudden we are attracted to someone.

NG... ^^^ reality. Get off your ladder and drink a few whiskeys (don't ladder and drink... it's bad for you... e.g, you wake up with a "3" on a Sunday... at that rate, you might get a Dating Under Influence 9 month ticket.)

Hmm...for someone posting like a carnival barker on the subject it's gotten awfully quiet. ;)

Maybe he is busy putting his ladder away ;-) (wait... he finally showed up as "number 5")

however as the beer supply dwindled so did my numbers apparently..:(

Moral of the story: never get on a "consumable" ladder. Stick with durables. :-)

Right, no leagues at all. Joe the Plumber or Sam the garbage collector or Paul the unemployed guy living at mom's had exactly the same opportunity as Brad Pitt, in marrying Angelina Jolie.

Brad Pitt wasn't born an actor. He worked for it. He is a college drop out who got into his Datsun (hot chick magnet) and headed for L.A. After a lot of hard work, he made it. That kind of determination is likely one of things that makes him attractive to Angelina Jolie.

Paul the unemployed guy should seek employment, not dates. If Joe and Sam are not happy with what they are doing, they should work on that.

Must be sheer coincidence that "most" people end up with someone relatively in the same or similar social class, education level, and broadly speaking, looks "level".

Obviously not but, the correct conclusion isn't that leagues/scales exist. The correct conclusion is that people live in their environment. Some will put in the necessary effort to pull themselves into a more fulfilling environment while others won't. The former (see Brad Pitt) will work hard and the latter (see.. you know where) will usually whine endlessly about how they don't have the opportunities of those who worked their *sses off to obtain them.

a person may appear to be "all that and a box of chocolates".

A man should be observant... most women prefer chocolate over chips (not to mention ladders).

If you would like to clean out my gutters.....I will be more than happy to hold the ladder. ;)

We have a "gutter and ladder" date ;-)

Even on the ground at the bottom of the ladder, you are still a 10 ;-) whose sight makes a man think....

La piu bella del mondo
Tu sei per me
una cara bambina,
primavera divina
per il mio cuore.

(I read somewhere that whispering Italian sweets into a woman's ear is a good thing to do) ;-)

... and you'll be famous too... you'll be the girl with the cleanest gutters in town ;-)
 benartflick
Msg: 261
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 4:09:52 PM

"How Clooney would a 1 suddenly become a 10 by opening their mouth?"

My guess a few men here thought the same thing. We were wrong - apparently.

I doubt if many actually rate people - normally we're attracted to someone or not. It comes natural.

Many women seem to know instantly when a man is attracted to them - kind of like a sixth sense. Am I right?

I don't have a clue until a woman asks me to dance or asks if I need any help holding up the wall I'm usually leaning against. Once I was sitting at the bar and a gorgeous woman (a 10) banged into me with her hip and said I and the guy I was sitting with were handsome. I still didn't believe she would have anything to do with me. I wasn't even a 6 at that time.

When my nephew (a 7 - good-looking but brainless and poor) returned I told him what the 10 had said to me. In a flash he headed for her and would have been lucky several hours later if he could have gotten up for the occasion. He took her out the next night - still ended up pointing at the ground. I wonder if that makes him a 2 or a 3?

Being a 9 or a 10 gotta be fantastic. In addition to having a larger selection to choose from, ya don't have to worry about being dumped when someone rated higher comes along. That happens a lot. Well, to some of us.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 262
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 4:23:41 PM
Did Clooney mean a 1 becomes a 10 by opening her mouth..in an "accepting" way?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:03:30 PM

Your ladder/scale is meaningless not because of any randomness but because the assigned value (1 through 10) varies significantly depending on who is making the measurement.

It's not mine, it's just the basic concept. With an individual, it's a subjective estimation. It may be meaningless by 1, but not the other. Tally up people's POV's and average it out, and you'll get a Meaningful gauge on their dating market value. If you signed up for a blind dating situation for what-the-hell fun, and they said they have 2 girls available that meet you basic criteria (ethnicity, height/weight range, working/not-working, kids/no-kids) -- and they had 50,000 people rate them 1-10 -- and one gal was at 2.4, and the other gal was at 9.3, you're saying it's meaningless and wouldn't affect your decision? Of course it would.

He is ?.... if he thinks about a woman he is going out with as a lowly "2" he is dating down on a Tuesday, I don't think that would make him a better catch than any other guy who views the same woman as a Saturday "10". Your hypothesis doesn't seem to hold water, much less a ladder.

The Superman actor is a better catch than you and I. And yes, more than half of POF, if not more than 99%. You not thinking so is the crux of all this and the heart of the matter. Yes, it is delusional for anyone to think he's not a better catch than most others. Also, your example where he wouldn't be is a contradiction to your beliefs. You don't believe there's such thing as a '2' at all. Or just proved my point by recognizing it. :) One willing to go out on a date with a '2' may bring question into their actual worth ("Is there something wrong with him/her?"), it doesn't make you closer to a '2'. Your contradictions are wild... because if you believe that, you Have to at least believe there are higher and lower dating market values.

Some people are better in the dating market than others. That's all that it's about. Are you saying I'm just as good a catch as he? Really? :)

I doubt if many actually rate people - normally we're attracted to someone or not. It comes natural.

I think the only time we usually think about gauging their attraction is when someone who's never seen them asks about how good they look. And I agree with you, but I will say that it's also not just a mere On/Off thing, as there are still at least a few levels of it that can be had. EX: "Wow. Just Wow," VS "She's pretty cute."

Many women seem to know instantly when a man is attracted to them - kind of like a sixth sense. Am I right?

I wish that were true. The dating scene would flow much easier if that were the case. I don't think women sense it any better than men -- but men being the pursuers make it easier for both men & women observers to pick up on it, of course.
 south_city
Msg: 264
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/1/2016 9:05:21 PM

Seriously, a 10 can become a 1 once they've opened their mouths, and vice versa.

When a physically attractive woman says something stupid or offensive, it will not change my viewpoint of her looks wise. But I would not have a serious relationship due to her poor personality and/or lack of intelligence. When unattractive woman has a pleasant personality, I'm not going to become more interested in dating her.
 benartflick
Msg: 265
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 4:07:39 AM

"Many women seem to know instantly when a man is attracted to them - kind of like a sixth sense."

I wish that were true.

In lots of cases I think it's true - it's almost like they're reading our minds. I don't mean detecting just the guys staring at them, engrossed in their beauty - just a quick glance and thinking, "Wow! She's gorgeous!" seems to be enough. Even a 2 second glance at their profile gets their attention. They turn with a big smile, looking you in the eye as if they're saying thanks for a compliment.

When that happens at the market I feel embarrassed and head down an aisle as fast as I can.

"but men being the pursuer"

Both sexes chase. From what I noticed over a lifetime, girls and women make the first move more often than boys and men.
 BlondeApriLShowers
Msg: 266
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:26:35 AM

both genders are quite capable of this

character was my #1 priority in a man, but do not assume that a traditionally handsome man or woman has either more or less; there seems to be no correlation b/w the two.
 ohenryx
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:33:53 AM

I wish that were true. The dating scene would flow much easier if that were the case. I don't think women sense it any better than men -- but men being the pursuers make it easier for both men & women observers to pick up on it, of course.

In some cases, men make it very easy for the woman to tell. Yes, I am talking about when you drool on yourself staring at her boobs. Not attractive.

I think the only time we usually think about gauging their attraction is when someone who's never seen them asks about how good they look. And I agree with you, but I will say that it's also not just a mere On/Off thing, as there are still at least a few levels of it that can be had. EX: "Wow. Just Wow," VS "She's pretty cute."

If I have only have one potential date for Saturday night, then it doesn’t matter one whit if she is a 5 or a 7 or a 9. She’s either good enough, or not good enough. But if I have 3 to choose between, then yes, it matters, and it matters a lot.
 friedstone
Msg: 268
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:45:05 AM
Henry, I like you. You are an honest guy. But your biggest issue is even at your age and your weight, you tend to see women as pieces of ass and not as real people.

Perhaps if you were less sex oriented and more relationship oriented, you might actually end up in a lasting relationship, instead of being a bee going from flower to flower to flower.

I can't imagine how anybody can enjoy as many dates with as many different women as you have. I get variety is nice at times, but I would think being special to somebody special is even better. But I suppose to each their own.
 BlondeApriLShowers
Msg: 269
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:50:41 AM
^^^Why does Henry have to approach his relationships the way you or anyone else wishes him too?

If he wants to pick flowers, more power to him. As long as he is honest about his intentions, what is the harm?
 friedstone
Msg: 270
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:02:05 AM
^^^^ I didn't say there was any harm. I am OFFERING an opinion. That's what message boards are all about. The better question is why are you offended by my offering my opinion. Henry is a big guy and can accept or reject my opinion as he chooses.

Since you are unhappy with my opinion, can I assume you are going to round up a possee to have me deleted as is so typical with so many of you thin skinned women who are into quashing free speech?

Go for it. I expect it. This is what we call a throw away profile. Many more where this came from.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 271
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:04:06 AM

If he wants to pick flowers, more power to him. As long as he is honest about his intentions, what is the harm?

Perhaps you should ask the husbands of the women on Ashley Madison that question?
 flman2015
Msg: 272
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:10:34 AM

When it comes to self-looks, I guess by default, rank it a bit lower than you perceive would be a safe bet. .... I'll just think of myself as a 5. :)

What a nice display of synthetic modesty, not to mention optimism. Too bad we can't have the opinion of that "3" you woke up with... if she thought the same thing about you, that you thought about her, then your self-estimate would have to be brought down 3 points (6 - 3).

If you signed up for a blind dating situation....

As I have previously stated, I do not blind date.

you're saying it's meaningless and wouldn't affect your decision? Of course it would.

No, it wouldn't. I truly couldn't careless what your 50,000 misguided ladder-people say.

The Superman actor is a better catch than you and I.

In my case, the only person who can make a valid determination in that regard is the woman I am interested in. Her opinion is the only one that makes a difference to me. Other opinions could be amusing but they are obviously of no value.

You don't believe there's such thing as a '2' at all.

That is correct, I do not believe there is a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4 and so on. There are simply some women I am attracted to and others to whom I am not. Yes, the level of attraction can vary but, as long as I find her attractive, that's good enough for me to consider the possibilities.

One willing to go out on a date with a '2' may bring question into their actual worth

I'm pleased you see that. What would you say about a guy who slept with a "3", on a Saturday night no less ?... I think you're right, that guy really questioned his self worth (not to mention "sacrificing" a perfectly good Saturday night on a lowly "3").

Some people are better in the dating market than others. That's all that it's about.

Some people are definitely better catches than others. IMO, anyone who thinks of themselves as some sort of branch of the USDA in charge of grading women, is not likely to be a good catch.

Both sexes chase. From what I noticed over a lifetime, girls and women make the first move more often than boys and men.

I've noticed that too. The chase differs based on gender but, as you said, it's definitely there.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:51:32 AM

In some cases, men make it very easy for the woman to tell.

Yes, the drooling/oggling doesn't require women (or men observing) to have a Spidey-sense - lol. But also, it doesn't require blatant stuff like that either, when the guy moves in to generate conversation. However, a (shy) guy from across the room liking a stranger he's not even repeatedly looking over at? People aren't going to know he likes her any more than any other guy potentially would.

If I have only have one potential date for Saturday night, then it doesn’t matter one whit if she is a 5 or a 7 or a 9. She’s either good enough, or not good enough.

For someone to be date-worthy, yes, for many it's an On/Off thing. However, for a night where one has plans that they value pretty high, and getting a date isn't exactly a difficult task for him/her -- canceling those important Sat night plans would be an on/off thing on a higher-level for within the ones Dateable to them. "Wow. Just Wow." VS "He's pretty cool & cute."

But if I have 3 to choose between, then yes, it matters, and it matters a lot.

And all I'm saying is that there are different levels of desire/priority, as you point out there -- and different levels of priority for plans.

That is correct, I do not believe there is a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4 and so on. There are simply some women I am attracted to and others to whom I am not.

I'm not talking about things thought of as 1-10 in your mind, that's another concept. I'm talking about one's general dating market value. Someone like Hawking thinks he's lower than he thinks.

The Superman actor is a better catch than you and I.
In my case, the only person who can make a valid determination in that regard is the woman I am interested in.

You're talking about a different concept and just wanting to argue for the sake of it. Superman actor being a better catch isn't conceptually about liking a specific girl. It's about the market value of someone to the opp-sex in the dating world. If you want to say "I don't care what my market value is, I don't like to think like/about that, all I care about is how a girl I'm eying sees me as." That's fine, if that works out better for you having that mentality. But if you want to say that there is no such thing -- that's where we disagree. But you do believe there is, as all that it takes is...

Yes, the level of attraction can vary

... that. Not just to you obviously, but amongst the opp-sex in general. That's all that it is. You may say scaling things on 1 thru 10 is too many for an individual as far as dateability and having sufficient attraction to do so, and I agree -- when it really comes down to it for an individual, it's much fewer.... and one can use descriptions instead of 4 or 5 numbers -- whatever they want. It's to them. Whatever.

But the other concept of dating value that I'm referring to is not to you specifically -- but to the opp-sex as a whole, generally speaking. Someone like Hawking thinks he has a lot less market value than be believes. And definitely Lady Jane, too. Attraction levels vary amongst the people, and it's not random. It's scalable if it varies. Basic logic. One can use descriptions or simplify it with numbers, whatever.
 2ufo
Msg: 274
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:12:01 AM

For someone to be date-worthy, yes, for many it's an On/Off thing. However, for a night where one has plans that they value pretty high, and getting a date isn't exactly a difficult task for him/her -- canceling those important Sat night plans would be an on/off thing on a higher-level for within the ones Dateable to them. "Wow. Just Wow." VS "He's pretty cool & cute."

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, NG.
But if you're saying that canceling on a previous engagement to go on a date with someone else is acceptable because the newer date is more in line with that person's desires, then in my opinion that person is unacceptable and unwelcome in my life.
Or, to put it in 'ladder' lingo: Canceling a date with a 4 to go on a date with a 6 makes that person a zero.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50