Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

In some cases, men make it very easy for the woman to tell.

Yes, the drooling/oggling doesn't require women (or men observing) to have a Spidey-sense - lol. But also, it doesn't require blatant stuff like that either, when the guy moves in to generate conversation. However, a (shy) guy from across the room liking a stranger he's not even repeatedly looking over at? People aren't going to know he likes her any more than any other guy potentially would.

If I have only have one potential date for Saturday night, then it doesn’t matter one whit if she is a 5 or a 7 or a 9. She’s either good enough, or not good enough.

For someone to be date-worthy, yes, for many it's an On/Off thing. However, for a night where one has plans that they value pretty high, and getting a date isn't exactly a difficult task for him/her -- canceling those important Sat night plans would be an on/off thing on a higher-level for within the ones Dateable to them. "Wow. Just Wow." VS "He's pretty cool & cute."

But if I have 3 to choose between, then yes, it matters, and it matters a lot.

And all I'm saying is that there are different levels of desire/priority, as you point out there -- and different levels of priority for plans.

That is correct, I do not believe there is a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4 and so on. There are simply some women I am attracted to and others to whom I am not.

I'm not talking about things thought of as 1-10 in your mind, that's another concept. I'm talking about one's general dating market value. Someone like Hawking thinks he's lower than he thinks.

The Superman actor is a better catch than you and I.
In my case, the only person who can make a valid determination in that regard is the woman I am interested in.

You're talking about a different concept and just wanting to argue for the sake of it. Superman actor being a better catch isn't conceptually about liking a specific girl. It's about the market value of someone to the opp-sex in the dating world. If you want to say "I don't care what my market value is, I don't like to think like/about that, all I care about is how a girl I'm eying sees me as." That's fine, if that works out better for you having that mentality. But if you want to say that there is no such thing -- that's where we disagree. But you do believe there is, as all that it takes is...

Yes, the level of attraction can vary

... that. Not just to you obviously, but amongst the opp-sex in general. That's all that it is. You may say scaling things on 1 thru 10 is too many for an individual as far as dateability and having sufficient attraction to do so, and I agree -- when it really comes down to it for an individual, it's much fewer.... and one can use descriptions instead of 4 or 5 numbers -- whatever they want. It's to them. Whatever.

But the other concept of dating value that I'm referring to is not to you specifically -- but to the opp-sex as a whole, generally speaking. Someone like Hawking thinks he has a lot less market value than be believes. And definitely Lady Jane, too. Attraction levels vary amongst the people, and it's not random. It's scalable if it varies. Basic logic. One can use descriptions or simplify it with numbers, whatever.
 2ufo
Msg: 274
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:12:01 AM

For someone to be date-worthy, yes, for many it's an On/Off thing. However, for a night where one has plans that they value pretty high, and getting a date isn't exactly a difficult task for him/her -- canceling those important Sat night plans would be an on/off thing on a higher-level for within the ones Dateable to them. "Wow. Just Wow." VS "He's pretty cool & cute."

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, NG.
But if you're saying that canceling on a previous engagement to go on a date with someone else is acceptable because the newer date is more in line with that person's desires, then in my opinion that person is unacceptable and unwelcome in my life.
Or, to put it in 'ladder' lingo: Canceling a date with a 4 to go on a date with a 6 makes that person a zero.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 11:25:12 AM

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, NG. ..... Or, to put it in 'ladder' lingo: Canceling a date with a 4 to go on a date with a 6 makes that person a zero.

Yes, the abbreviated lingo (I don't call it 'ladder', just numeric) gets to the point there. No, I wasn't saying plans are of another Date. This isn't about social ethics, it's about what happens out there in the dating world and what to expect. People have plans on Fri/Sat night when single, dates or no dates, that they're not going to readily cancel... and not everyone has Fri/Sat in their life schedule when single as "date nights" -- especially when they're socially active.

I was also saying different plans vary in priority -- so for some plans of incredibly high priority (a nice Date, going out of town), they're not going to budge with anyone. For other plans where they wouldn't be breaking other people's hearts, but they are really looking forward to it, they may or may not break it for a potential date. That's all. :)
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 277
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 12:10:21 PM
first someone argues that here are "no leagues" then tacitly admits there are,..stating that someone can "work harder" to advance form one level to the next..plus adding a few random insults..LOL
 2ufo
Msg: 278
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 2:29:59 PM
NG - ok. Yes, there are different priorities but, still, if I've made plans I don't change them simply to go on a date with a third party.

Of course, most of my plans revolve around me! :-)
A favorite book, watching the rain, sitting on the porch swing.
The only plans I ever WANT to change are supervising the boy's homework.
 ohenryx
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 3:20:14 PM

If he wants to pick flowers, more power to him. As long as he is honest about his intentions, what is the harm?

Perhaps you should ask the husbands of the women on Ashley Madison that question?

Ah ha, a shot across the bows, to be sure!

All right, I will address that. Yes, I am on Ashley Madison, and have been for many years. But simply saying “Ashley Madison” does not make things as simple as what you mean to imply here.

I initially went on Ashley Madison because I was separated, living alone while waiting for a divorce, and the women here and on other “straight” dating sites wouldn’t touch me with a 10 foot pole.

And like most things, the reality of what you find on AM is quite a bit different from what you might expect. There are many single people on AM. And many people who are separated, but not legally divorced. Sometimes living apart, sometimes living together. And many people who are married, and living together, but who are living their own lives. Not hiding anything from their spouses. They have a marriage in name only, and chose to not split up their household. For monetary reasons, or because of their kids, or whatever else.

The people that I have met through AM were not hiding anything from a spouse. Are there some who are? Undoubtedly there are, but I choose to not meet those. You may think I’m a monster for dating a woman who still lives with her husband, but that’s okay. I chose a long long time ago to not spend my life trying to live up to anyone else’s ideas of how I should behave.

A lot of the exact same things can be found on AFF, and other sites. And if you choose to go there, and look, and start meeting people, you will be surprised at whom you will meet. Friends, neighbors, co-workers, people that you have known through online forums. Many, many people have a side that they don’t choose to display in public. Me? I’m too old to hide the real me anymore.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 280
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/2/2016 3:42:40 PM
Actually the majority of female profiles on AM and on AFF are fake, created by the company, to lure men into paying membership fees, and they use spambots..at least that's what has been reported in the press
 Abby156
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/21/2016 11:39:48 AM
Interesting thread.
 *buzz*
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/21/2016 12:15:35 PM

Just saying how many good-looking women there are in that age range

Quite right and thank you for the compliment
Some of us got it in their genes and some of us are well "preserved" lol due to healthy, active lifestyle where laughter is a MUST and perhaps some of us don't take life so seriously, hence exuberance ...feeling great on the inside radiating on the outside.. hmmm
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/21/2016 12:39:14 PM

NG - ok. Yes, there are different priorities but, still, if I've made plans I don't change them simply to go on a date with a third party.

I think the controversy comes up when you Are willing to cancel some plans with one person -- but then you don't with another, and someone of the politically-correct-police variety may call foul. You must be "using" someone you didn't cancel plans for, because you did for someone else (they'll assume).

And when being honest and pointing it out that you're more interested in meeting up with [Sally] than [Nancy] -- they'll think "Oh, Nancy's only worth a Wed night date?" I say, no, she can be worth a Sat night date, sure -- What Sat are you talking about tho? If I don't have plans or potentially good plans in the making, yeah. But with Sally who sticks out to me who I don't come across very often, yeah, I'd be more willing to cancel SOME plans in borderline cases than with others. It shows that yes, I can be more interested in 1 party more than the other, that's all. But that's just being honest. It's politically correct to only like all dates in life exactly on the same level - lol.

The people that I have met through AM were not hiding anything from a spouse. Are there some who are? Undoubtedly there are, but I choose to not meet those.

But also, through "standard" dating sites -- you can find out they have someone when they said they don't -- or that they're in a separated situation where it's kosher when it's Not, etc. But would I be a monster, knowing that there's a statistically decent chance that a gal who says Separated or Not Single/Not Looking is fibbing about her situation being kosher to try out dating? No. That's on them, not me. No one should have sympathy if I run into drama, of course. But at the same time, that doesn't mean I'm not doing anything bad -- it's just me knowing I'm in a situation where the Other Person could be fibbing to some degree (like a lot of other things folks do online).
 ohenryx
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/21/2016 2:40:33 PM

Actually the majority of female profiles on AM and on AFF are fake, created by the company, to lure men into paying membership fees, and they use spambots..at least that's what has been reported in the press

AM and AFF are entirely different sites, owned by different companies.

What you are referring to is a news story that came out shortly after the AM web site was hacked, and their user information was posted on the dark web. The news outlet which said that the majority of female profiles was fake, later retracted that statement.

Which doesn't meant that there aren't a lot of fake profiles on AM or indeed on AFF. Maybe, maybe not. I do know there are a lot of real people on there, I have met quite a few. And there are a LOT of "working girls". Cam girls, sugar babies, out and out prostitutes, but then there are a LOT of those right here on POF and Ok*Cupid and any other site you can name. Probably including Christian*Mingles as well (smile). Hell, even religious people get hor**y, else they would have all died out by now!
 glenn58john
Msg: 285
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 6:47:18 AM
Sorry but I don't see that many "gorgeous" women over 50 on any dating site. There are some good looking women but most are average (which is fine) but I would say about 2% are what I would call gorgeous and the better looking they are the more pickier they are which is understandable.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 286
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 7:52:04 AM

Sorry but I don't see that many "gorgeous" women over 50 on any dating site.

That is quite sad. So I guess Virginia sucks.

And that will vary from market to market. The LA market for instance has a lot of gorgeous women. But I hear from both women and men that it's brutal over there. If the women are not super attractive they get nothing. If the guys are not super stars they get nothing. No in-between.

I live in the Atlanta market. There are areas of Atlanta with super hot women. They are also super shallow. You see them in photos next to a Ferrari or a yacht or sailing boat, in perfectly tanned bodies and 7 thousand dollar boob jobs. They say in their profiles that they want men that know what they want and every freaking cliche thrown in there.

Then there are areas outside of the city that harbor normal looking women. Some are attractive, some are not. But for my money they are too religious, too conservative. You may see them riding a 4x4, or shooting guns in a range, or with a group of people in front of church. Favorite line, "If you don't have Jesus in your live do not contact me."

Then there are the in the city type of women that have photos of them in Nepal, or India, or running a marathon, or doing yoga. They are liberal, their hair is a bit of a mess, they have wrinkles. They drive a Subaru or a Prius, and may even have a garden with home grown tomatoes, spices and what not. If you want to turn these women on tell them that you hate Monsanto. Actually, I am kidding, many are Buddhist or new age or wickan so they don't believe in wasting your energy in hate.

The thing is that there's beauty all around us. Most of it is in the eye of the beholder.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 287
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 10:23:02 AM

but most are average

You have a fine grasp of statistics.
 noddingvioletgrows
Msg: 288
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 10:46:37 AM

Sorry but I don't see that many "gorgeous" women over 50 on any dating site. There are some good looking women but most are average (which is fine) but I would say about 2% are what I would call gorgeous and the better looking they are the more pickier they are which is understandable.

By what standards do you judge them?
 glenn58john
Msg: 289
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 11:47:44 AM

You have a fine grasp of statistics.

I see what you did. Let me rephrase it. Most women on here are average looking. I'm sure most guys are too. I don't know I've never looked at guys profiles.

By what standards do you judge them?

My own.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 290
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 11:57:48 AM

I see what you did. Let me rephrase it. Most women on here are average looking. I'm sure most guys are too. I don't know I've never looked at guys profiles.

I get it. Since you haven't had a lot of experience with women, have no idea what it is to taste one for several hours, to you they are then average. Right?

I'm not technically a virgin as I did it one time about 14 years ago. It lasted all of about 2 minutes.

Your words.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 291
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 12:24:05 PM

Sorry but I don't see that many "gorgeous" women over 50 on any dating site.

I've met several. The hot 60 year olds don't want to be nurses with purses, so they (ahem...some) dip their toes in the fountain of youth.

The LA market for instance has a lot of gorgeous women. But I hear from both women and men that it's brutal over there. If the women are not super attractive they get nothing. If the guys are not super stars they get nothing. No in-between.

Yep.
 Blonde_Fishie
Msg: 292
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/27/2016 4:01:10 PM
To a 60 something man, a nice looking 50 something woman will be attractive, but maybe a 30 something man will look at the same woman & think: "Mom"...everyone has their POV & taste(s) & they do vary...
 glenn58john
Msg: 293
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/28/2016 7:05:00 AM

I get it. Since you haven't had a lot of experience with women, have no idea what it is to taste one for several hours, to you they are then average. Right?

I don't have to have "experience" with a woman to know what a gorgeous woman looks like you moron. I have eyes and they work.
 glenn58john
Msg: 294
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/28/2016 7:10:37 AM
I've met several. The hot 60 year olds don't want to be nurses with purses, so they (ahem...some) dip their toes in the fountain of youth.

I didn't say there weren't any. The original poster made it sound like this place was swarming with gorgeous women over 50. Naah.

Average to good looking .. yes there are lots of those. Most gorgeous women don't need to come here. They are either married or can get a man at the drop of a hat.
 ohenryx
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 5/28/2016 12:57:52 PM

glenn58john

Most gorgeous women don't need to come here. They are either married or can get a man at the drop of a hat.

An interesting statement, expressing a viewpoint that I used to subscribe to.

Here in my 60’s, I find it easier to meet women and get dates than ever before in my life. Which has changed my views / opinions on a number of things relating to dating, women, attraction, all of it.

I used to think that an attractive woman automatically had a good life, everything she could possibly want handed to her on a platter by some man or men. I now realize just how incorrect that viewpoint is.

Just as when I was younger, and scrambling to make ends meet, living from pay day to pay day, I thought being rich would solve all of my problems. I long ago realized that wasn’t actually true. No, I’m not rich, but I can afford most anything I want. That does make my life easier, but it does not “solve all of my problems”.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 296
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 6/2/2016 1:44:57 PM

I used to think that an attractive woman automatically had a good life, everything she could possibly want handed to her on a platter by some man or men. I now realize just how incorrect that viewpoint is.

What I learned is that you have nothing to lose by asking, and since most men are scared s h i t less of asking such women, they reciprocate.
 Abitofattitude
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 6/2/2016 5:57:14 PM
Gorgeous is in the eye of the beholder.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50