Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 76
Gorgeous Women over 50Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Oh goodness y'all! Do not use Preparation H!
Yes...it will reduce redness and puffiness temporarily but the ingredients contained within have adverse effects with continual use.
Models and actors have been known to use it on an emergency basis. But with so many eye creams available with "lifting" and "firming" ingredients it is no longer necessary.

Besides...some of you nasties out there...may not have used sterile application measures when you used that tube for its' intended purpose. ;) ;)

So just don't!
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 77
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/22/2016 1:21:52 PM

Besides...some of you nasties out there...may not have used sterile application measures when you used that tube for its' intended purpose. ;) ;)

Oh my god!!! How in this green earth YOU know about that?!!!
 kj521
Msg: 78
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:54:02 PM
^^^^^TV commercials, silly!

Seriously, Mr. IG.....I am at the age where walking into a store and purchasing such personal items no longer embarrasses me. Matter of fact.....once when the Target sales clerk raised his eyebrows a bit and tried to hide a smirk as he rang up a box of tampons, depends, a thong and a tube of Prep H....I just looked at him and said...

"Yeah....and you thought you had problems." :)

*****and before you get all nosey....only one of those items was for me...never you mind which one. ;)
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:37:34 PM
Nah....I'm sticking to what grandmother and grandfather told me to do....it works, so why try to fix what isn't broken.
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 80
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:54:17 PM

I would say that overall, there are much more physically attractive women than men on dating sites in general.

So Karma, what is your premise for making such a statement? From what I have read , among all the dating sites there are millions of people registered. The only way this statement could possibly be credible is if you had drawn a statistically significant sample. The sample would be drawn from all the men and then all the women on all the dating sites. Given such a huge population of people the sample size would be pretty large. As an accounting major I was required to take two courses in statistics so I do have some knowledge in this area. If you care to share how you came to the conclusion that there are much more attractive women than men on dating sites I would really appreciate it. The learning process never stops.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 81
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:29:42 AM
I have to agree with Karma.^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I can't answer for Karma, she is fully capable of answering on her own, but I will give my thought on this.
Generally speaking, women are more driven or influenced to improve their body image. Media, and peer pressure drive us. Pick up any magazine intended for a female audience. We are never "good enough". We have to "be better".

Anything from diet, what to eat, what not to eat, Clothing, what to wear, what not to wear.
Hair color, cover the gray, Beauty products, to hide/enhance everything from our face/use foundation, to our fingertips/nail polish, to our toe nails.
If we are too pale, use a tanning product. Too hairy or hair anywhere but on top of our heads, shave'it, /wax'it
If our boobs are not big enough, get breast implants. If our face is drooping, get a face lift.

Women are led to believe, no man in his right mind would want us, the way we are.
The neighbor lady may talk badly about us behind our back or on Facebook.
The drive to IMPROVE is everywhere.

Men are allowed, LOL, to believe they are fine just the way they are. No improvements needed. "Take me as I am," Bald, beer gut, gray hair, hair anywhere, and go to a Dr. for plastic surgery? Yah right! LOL

So yes, more often than not, the pics I see of the women across the top of the page in POF are better looking than the men I see across the top of the page.

Now do I believe all the above? LMAO!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 82
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:59:36 AM
I'll 3rd that....I also notice the women are more attractive in my age group.
I have done a reverse search and women take the time to represent themselves better.
Pictures are clear and usually recent and their appearance is clean and well kept.
I also find they take searching for a S.O. more serious....in that they take the time to write a decent profile.

Of course, appearances is important to a point...but so is intellect and intent.
A few men think....just being a guy will get them a date....some have long straggly beards, dirty shirts and write little in their profile...besides..".Here I am, message me"....pfft.
Or is they have a decent body...that's all they need. I'm far past the superficial look.
Just because most men chase/want only the body....a lot of women are counting on you having "more" to offer....!!!!!
At least I am. ..and I have to say, there are great guys out there...that get that!
 south_city
Msg: 83
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 9:00:12 AM

I would say that overall, there are much more physically attractive women than men on dating sites in general.

It could also mean that more women are dishonest about age and weight and use older pictures. Just a thought.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 84
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 9:28:25 AM

It could also mean that more women are dishonest...................

But of course!
That's just F'n funny!
I THINK!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 85
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:03:23 AM
Do folks over 50 have sex with the lights on?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 86
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:08:42 AM
Yes in broad daylight LOL
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 87
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:11:50 AM
Messages 78, 85 and 86

Very believable indeed. You clicked on some profiles here are there and now made a conclusion based on that about millions of dating site users.

It's spring time here in western Nebraska and I have a bunch of work to do around the property. Everyone have a great weekend.
 Walts
Msg: 88
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:39:44 AM

Take me as I am," Bald, beer gut, gray hair, hair anywhere,

Actually, it's hair EVERYwhere, except our heads and, yes it's grey.

Though, it's a whiskey gut on this old boy.

A few men think....just being a guy will get them a date....some have long straggly beards, dirty shirts and write little in their profile...besides..".Here I am, message me"....pfft.

Kinda disheartened but, I guess, it looks like that, I will have to go rethink this dating thingy.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. This is gonna take awhile.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 89
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:44:28 AM

There's countless FEMALE cleavage and bikini pics with nothing in the About Me sections other then...Just Ask!

Just saying...

Sorry ladies, my Speedo days have come and gone :(

vvvvvvv

Ohenry, nothing surprising about that research.

Women are more forgiving then men visually. Men not so much.

YMMV
 Maleman999
Msg: 90
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:57:56 AM

Or is they have a decent body...that's all they need. I'm far past the superficial look.

If you're past superficial looks, go after the guys who have long straggly beards, dirty shirts and write little in their profile. They might be nice guys who beautiful inner qualities.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 91
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:59:31 AM
so men are posting bikini and cleavage shots now? LOL
 ohenryx
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 11:04:22 AM
This topic has taken a rather strange twist, but let me add my two cents worth.

I have not done any scientific analysis, but the people who used to run Ok*Cupid did. This was back before it was bought out by Match. You can find the article if you like. Their conclusions were that women judge men’s appearance much more harshly than men judge women’s appearance. When men were asked to judge pictures of women for (beauty, attractiveness, good looks), the results resembled a standard bell curve. Which is what you would expect.

But when women were asked to judge pictures of men, the results were very different. It did not resemble a bell curve, not even close. The women thought very, very few men were attractive. I’ve always been curious about that, but they disclosed a great many of the details about how they gathered the results, and I do believe their conclusions were valid.

Having spent the last 6 years single, and on many different online dating sites, I can attest to this much. The women’s pictures do tend to look good. I think / believe that women go to more trouble to have an attractive picture on these sites, whereas the men tend to throw up whatever old picture they can find.

And as I said recently, in another thread here, I have been very fortunate to meet a number of lovely women who liked me despite my not being anywhere close to handsome. Bless them, one and all!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 93
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 11:13:59 AM
Darn Clooney you edited and added FEMALES, I was just getting ready to go have a boo at Mens profiles.
btw, first 3 pix on Rate the Image were dik pix.
Not the bestest ones either. Not that I'm an expert :/
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 94
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 11:26:02 AM
Hahahaha.

You ALMOST got me!

Sorry about them dik pix.

That being said, someone's bad behavior was likely rewarded by someone before.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 95
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:20:11 PM

OP-I cannot believe all the beautiful over 50 women on this site.

I'm all mellow from vacation so will say "Thank you, OP." We women over 50 don't often hear/read nice comments about our appearance.

O'Henry - Having spent the last 6 years single, and on many different online dating sites, I can attest to this much. The women’s pictures do tend to look good. I think / believe that women go to more trouble to have an attractive picture on these sites, whereas the men tend to throw up whatever old picture they can find.

(11 years for me *sigh) I think O'Henry is correct. At least it is for me. I'm not very photogenic so take 50 pics to get 1-2 useful pics. That takes too much time and effort to do it very often so when I'm in a dating funk (like the last couple years) I don't care enough to make that effort to get newer photos. Y'all will know when I'm actually looking again because I'll have current photos ;-)

Although I don't photograph well, I did win the genetic lottery for general health and skin tone. If my 77 year old mother (and her mother before her) are an indication, then this 'lottery' should continue to pay dividends for a few more decades.
 lilydreams
Msg: 96
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:38:00 PM

I have to agree with Karma.^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I can't answer for Karma, she is fully capable of answering on her own, but I will give my thought on this.
Generally speaking, women are more driven or influenced to improve their body image. Media, and peer pressure drive us. Pick up any magazine intended for a female audience. We are never "good enough". We have to "be better".

Anything from diet, what to eat, what not to eat, Clothing, what to wear, what not to wear.
Hair color, cover the gray, Beauty products, to hide/enhance everything from our face/use foundation, to our fingertips/nail polish, to our toe nails.
If we are too pale, use a tanning product. Too hairy or hair anywhere but on top of our heads, shave'it, /wax'it
If our boobs are not big enough, get breast implants. If our face is drooping, get a face lift.

Women are led to believe, no man in his right mind would want us, the way we are.
The neighbor lady may talk badly about us behind our back or on Facebook.
The drive to IMPROVE is everywhere.

Men are allowed, LOL, to believe they are fine just the way they are. No improvements needed. "Take me as I am," Bald, beer gut, gray hair, hair anywhere, and go to a Dr. for plastic surgery? Yah right! LOL

So yes, more often than not, the pics I see of the women across the top of the page in POF are better looking than the men I see across the top of the page.

Now do I believe all the above? LMAO!

We women do all of the above for ourselves and our female friends, mostly. In my opinion.

IF 100 guys wanted to meet and have sex with Karma (for example), those same 100 men would want to meet and have sex with her if she was 20 pounds heavier, wore no makeup and hadn't done her hair today and just had on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Hell, if she was 30 pounds heavier. Men are nowhere near as fussy about women's appearance as women. They just want attractive to them and someone who is t a b1tch.

There are many attractive men on here and not everyone is into body building or jogging 10 miles a day.
 south_city
Msg: 97
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:45:00 PM

But of course!
That's just F'n funny!
I THINK!

Women being more dishonest about their looks and weight is just likely as any other reason I have heard if ( Big IF ) women online are much better looking than men is accurate in general. It could also mean women online are more photogenic. I haven't noticed much of a difference when I see men and women in public.
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 98
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:47:44 PM

I'm all mellow from vacation so will say "Thank you, OP." We women over 50 don't often hear/read nice comments about our appearance.

You're welcome, I actually meant it. Also thanks for saying thanks, that was a real surprise, I don't hear that very often.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 99
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:49:04 PM

Men are nowhere near as fussy about women's appearance as women. They just want attractive to them and someone who is t a b1tch.

That depends strictly on the man. It's been my observation that the higher the income, the more picky the men tend to be about weight and appearance.
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 100
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 1:17:06 PM

If 100 guys wanted to meet and have sex with Karma (for example), those same 100 men would want to meet and have sex with her if she was 20 pounds heavier, wore no makeup and hadn't done her hair today and just had on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Hell, if she was 30 pounds heavier. Men are nowhere near as fussy about women's appearance as women. They just want attractive to them and someone who is t a b1tch. [\quote]

What is your premise for making this kind of statement? Here we go again, more unsubstantiated statements with zero evidence to back it up. Have You conducted studies on this? When are we gonna finish beating this old dead horse.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50