Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 101
Gorgeous Women over 50Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

That depends strictly on the man. It's been my observation that the higher the income, the more picky the men tend to be about weight and appearance.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true. Men with higher incomes probably get more interest from women. People can raise their expectations when they have more potential options.
 lilydreams
Msg: 102
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 3:02:42 PM
Bulldog, where was I wrong in my statement? Do you not want what is attractive to you and not a b1tch? What makes my statement "unsubstantiated"? Maybe read it again. And I don't think men ARE as fussy as women. My opinion, I don't have to back anything. I haven't noticed you backing up any of the stuff you post.

And yes, a homely or semi attractive guy with money will get a more attractive woman. Warren Buffet isn't a hunk, IMO. Trump is doing okay with women and not a hunk. Bill Gates isn't a hunk, he found a woman. Hell, little tiny Mickey Rooney had about 8 wives for a homely guy barely over 5 feet (don't tell Hawkings). So yes, money changes a lot of things.

I still say the average attractive guy with an average income, a nice little home and car and a good job doesn't much care of his woman is a size 2 or a 4 or an 8...as long as she's attractive to him. The same applies to women, we want what is attractive to us. And most of the primping women do is for ourselves.

Look around any mall or large gathering space and you will see fat with thin, tall with short, homely with attractive, attractive with attractive, average with average, fat with fat...I could go on. People are partnered and look happy, even the unkempt, unfit, unhealthy and homely.
 RetiredLEO
Msg: 103
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 3:51:47 PM
Ok,, I am fairly new to this site,, but I have been told that some of the ladies,, that look like models,, over 50 have been on this site for many 6+ years.. What gives?? They are always stating they are looking for a relationship?? Still hope to find that PERFECT guy??
 kj521
Msg: 104
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:03:06 PM
"Still hope to find that PERFECT guy??"

Don't be silly!

I'm hoping to find my SECOND perfectly imperfect man. :D

Ms. Lillydreams?

"They just want attractive to them and someone who is t a b1tch. "

I don't think that is accurate...even in the general sense. Maybe for a few men...
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 105
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:03:23 PM
Those ladies are looking for the bigger better deal...
 lilydreams
Msg: 106
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:57:08 PM
Men don't want a woman that is attractive to them? What the heck do they want then? The tread is about looks or attractive or gorgeous. No one mentioned IQ or "must like dogs" or anything else. Just chatter about working out, being fit, being a size 2 , push-ups, etc. Fluff.

I pretty much figure that I want someone who is attractive to me. I want someone that is attractive to me and isn't an azzhole. I could add all the other characteristics or must haves on my list for a partner but this thread is about the fluff...looks.

KJ, you want someone who is attractive TO YOU. They might not be attractive to me or your Aunt Martha or your BFF Susie, but if he is attractive to you, who cares what others think. I think everyone is the same, they just want someone that is attractive to them. And who needs a b1tch? Lol.

And in my sentence you quoted , the "n'" is left out...the sentence should read "....and isn't a ****". Typo....sorry, IPad, tired fingers.

americanbulldog89
Msg: 107
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 5:52:25 PM

Ok,, I am fairly new to this site,, but I have been told that some of the ladies,, that look like models,, over 50 have been on this site for many 6+ years.. What gives?? They are always stating they are looking for a relationship?? Still hope to find that PERFECT guy??

Personally read the profiles of many over 50 attractive women since the beginning of the month. Many stated they were now back on the site giving it another try after meeting many men previously. Others stated they had met a lot of men but have not found the ONE. I'm thinking how many men do they need to meet? Will obviously a lot. Yes they say they are looking for a relationship. And yes in my opinion I think they realize how easy it is for them to continually date and are just holding out for that perfect man.
I clicked on one just last night, she mentioned right in her profile how she was bombarded with messages within the first 10 minutes!! No different than an employer with one job opening with hundreds of applicants. They are simply going to hold out for the perfect candidate.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 108
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 6:17:56 PM

I clicked on one just last night, she mentioned right in her profile how she was bombarded with messages within the first 10 minutes!! No different than an employer with one job opening with hundreds of applicants. They are simply going to hold out for the perfect candidate.

I think that has a lot to do with the "candy store" effect with both genders in OLD. An endless parade of pictures...and human nature as it is...you automatically gravitate to those most attractive to you. Now that doesn't mean you might not be shooting out of your league...nor does it mean that they will recipocate with the attraction.

Also your geographic area combined with demographics makes a huge difference in how your messaging goes. I hide my profile as I have my mail settings as wide as they can go for forum messaging with posters...and not really looking anyway.. when I have it public I get 8-10 messages a day on the dating side...not from anyone I would be interested in but never the less....point being I know a reasonably attractive woman will be inundated with messages....so being human...what profiles will she select to respond to...the ones most attractive to her. Ymmv :)
 Seki1949
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/23/2016 11:01:41 PM

...when I have it public I get 8-10 messages a day on the dating side...

Wow! Congratulations. I imagine that your law enforcement background helps.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 110
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 5:08:37 AM

Wow! Congratulations. I imagine that your law enforcement background helps.

My mistake....that should be a week. But I digress.

Umm....I don't think that's it.

Just a lot of older ladies....as in older older....like close to my dad's age older. Then there's the grandmother who's "takin care of her grandkids"...all 7 of them...in a single wide trailer cause the daughter got tangled up with a no account....they got to fightin and she got blamed for starting it...she gets out in 6 months....I can get the oldest to watch the others while they're napping if ya wanna meet at the waffle house out by the interstate....my neighbor could drop me off there. Or the "hey there...saw your profile...what are your thoughts on livin together?"....did have one lady say that I shouldn't worry about the big oxygen tank in the pic of her layed back in a recliner with three lap dogs...she's got a smaller one for when she goes to Walmart.
Lol...I even had one of them say.....this is my sister in the pic...but we look a lot alike and she says I should use it.....whut? I've gotta get out of here...

Even when you have your profile hidden, if you have a visible pic it will show up in the banner ads at the top of the screen so I gutted the profile to the forums only disclaimer. ymmv
 Walts
Msg: 111
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 5:29:39 AM

I never knew women in their 50's and 60's could look so good. Beautiful hair and makeup not overweight, lovely dresses and many have a college education. Are their profiles and pictures real? A friend said be careful with that online stuff. Some are pushing 70 and I cannot believe what I am seeing.

This thread, and a couple of others expose what many are "valuing" and find very important in others, especially the opposite gender. Hair. Makeup. Weight. Clothes. And, even how long they have attended school.

I understand the concept of "attraction" but, why have bought into these thoughts and beliefs based around "looks". We, as individuals, just don't come up with expectations, and beliefs about what "good looking" is or isn't. It's put into your head. Do any of you ever question it? Do you ever wonder "why"? Or are you just happy with your set of "expectations", no matter if it's actually reachable or not?

Back to the Sunday morning joe I go...........
 Ouija2025
Msg: 112
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 5:31:50 AM
Not sure people are looking for perfection just someone they mesh with.
Did you go for the waffles?
I'd say it is about a 50/50 split attractive re attractive people. Also many don't use their bestest picture as their Main, odd that
Course all the really great looking ppl are on the Forums :/
 dragonbytes
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:01:50 AM

Even when you have your profile hidden, if you have a visible pic it will show up in the banner ads at the top of the screen so I gutted the profile to the forums only disclaimer. ymmv

I didn't know that.

I wondered why I get a few profiles that have viewed me yet they don't post on the forums. That would explain it.

I have often speculated that maybe being short was a natural filter with a hidden blessing since I didn't get the types of MSGs you got, like the "what are your thoughts on livin together" types of MSGs.

Still, I keep my profile hidden, besides being a short fat old bald guy I state that I am married and this is a forum only profile.

If after all that someone still wanted to contact me for a date, well then, it would be a little scary to MSG someone that desperate.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 114
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:08:42 AM

Did you go for the waffles?

As a matter of fact.. no.

Also many don't use their bestest picture as their Main, odd that

Isn't it though.

Course all the really great looking ppl are on the Forums. :/

Never really thought about that...but there may be some credence to that, after reading some of the threads there are certainly a few that arent afraid to say they think they're a bag of chips and then some....:)

Walts! A little early in the morning for such deep introspective analysis of physiological attraction. Gotta get another cup... :)
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 115
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:45:56 AM

Walts - This thread, and a couple of others expose what many are "valuing" and find very important in others, especially the opposite gender. Hair. Makeup. Weight. Clothes. And, even how long they have attended school.

I understand the concept of "attraction" but, why have bought into these thoughts and beliefs based around "looks". We, as individuals, just don't come up with expectations, and beliefs about what "good looking" is or isn't. It's put into your head. Do any of you ever question it? Do you ever wonder "why"?

Although I agree that most people do not question their idea of what is attractive and why they find that combination of traits attractive, you make a pretty broad-brush assessment of posters' self-awareness. Simply commenting on a thread with that particular OP does not mean the poster is oblivious to these questions. There are just as many posts on these sorts of threads where posters comment that personality/character are what are ultimately attractive. But that isn't what this thread is about - it's about what is attractive when flipping through profiles before one knows the others' personality or character.

I know logically, empirically, and from personal experience that there are men and women who are outside the norm that have specific requirements of 'hair, makeup, weight, clothes, and education' to be attractive. Frankly I get tired of the sour-grapes presumption that women want only 'Brad Pitt' looks. There is contradictory proof everywhere - most couples you see out and about are not 'media-based' or 'culturally-based' definitions of attractive in that their hair, make-up, weight, and clothes do not conform to a narrow definition of attractive but their partner seems to find them attractive anyway.

The only one of the criteria in the OP that I, personally, meet is the college education but a handful of men have found me attractive.

Walts - are you just happy with your set of "expectations", no matter if it's actually reachable or not?

Not sure if I'm reading this as Walts intended but it reads like one of those tired ole comments like 'wasting your life waiting for Mr/Ms Perfect', or 'shooting outside your league'.

Frankly, I spend a lot of brain cycles thinking about what physical criteria I find attractive and why and I am adjusted to what I find physically attractive because they are my criteria, whether or not anyone else considers them attractive.

The first 'love of my life' was objectively gorgeous - he looked like Pierce Brosnan, and I was attracted to him at first sight. But I look at advertisements and movies with equally gorgeous men and have no other attraction than that they're momentary eye candy - I don't care to know them or even have the primal urge to get physical with them. The last 'love of my life' is not objectively gorgeous, one poster even commented that he 'was nothing to look at.' But he is primally attractive to me - I didn't just 'want' to know, but 'had' to know who was behind that picture from first sight of his pic next to a post.

The really funny thing is that I - with wash-and-wear grey hair, no make-up, 'comfortable' clothing, overweight, and over-educated - have been equally attractive to these men. So I guess my question is not whether my "expectations" are "reachable" but whether I have the patience to wait for such mutual attraction again.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 116
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 7:05:37 AM

The really funny thing is that I - with wash-and-wear grey hair, no make-up, 'comfortable' clothing, overweight, and over-educated - have been equally attractive to these men. So I guess my question is not whether my "expectations" are "reachable" but whether I have the patience to wait for such mutual attraction again

^^^^^^^and There it is!!
 Walts
Msg: 117
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 7:08:54 AM
^^^^^

Hey, I question myself everyday on the "why" when I decide to take a second look at someone/ something. Everyday.

Most, and I do believe it is most, say that the "visual first attraction" has to be there before the first step is even considered. How many times do we hear "if I'm don't like what I'm looking at, I won't even consider anything more"???? Or, "I'm attracted to what I'm attracted to"???? All I'm asking is do any of else consider to ask "why" that "expectation" is so ingrained into our line of thinking? And how did it get there?

I personally believe that is one of the biggest hurdles of on-line stuff. We, by default, have the photos of another to consider FIRST, nothing else. If we don't click on the photo (the majority of the time is when we think we see someone that find "attractive") we don't see or know anything else of that person.

The OP stated stuff about hair, clothes, weight,etc. The majority are agreeing with his concept of "gorgeous", thus the broad-brush assessment, as you call it. A few have pointed out on how society/media has gotten into our brains to help determine what is/is not "gorgeous". And yes, I have and probably always will question others and their "self-awareness". I see too much not to question. And really not questioning means I know why already. I have no clue why some people believe and act the way they do.

Even why I'm gooned outta my head, I can't even come up with an good answer.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 118
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 7:32:15 AM
I watched an episode of that show "Catfish" last night....if anyone is unfamiliar with the show.
It's about 2 people, that chat and message each other,sometimes for years but one will never use Skype or want to meet IRL.
They convince themselves and believe they are in love with this person.
They have spent hours...being supportive to each other, having intimate talks and truly love the others "soul".
But they have an "image/pictures" of the persons in their minds....because that is all they have.

On meeting and the other person is not the person in the picture...it all falls apart!
Usually the person using the phoney pictures is insecure because of weight or looks.
Kind of sad...last nights "fat girl" kept asking him....but why does it make a difference now?
Of course, not realizing he fell in love with the package he was presented.

We all question the "why".... Walts .
I think, we just need to accept some things in life...we are attracted to what we are attracted to....
The good news is...as I have said before...other than the generic looking...Hollywood star good looks....everyone calls gorgeous people.
We do vary to some extent...what we call attractive.....thank gawd!
 ohenryx
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:53:41 AM

Men are nowhere near as fussy about women's appearance as women. They just want attractive to them and someone who isn’t a b1tch.

That depends strictly on the man. It's been my observation that the higher the income, the more picky the men tend to be about weight and appearance.

As soon as I hit the lottery, I’ll come back and let you know! (smile)

I hide my profile as I have my mail settings as wide as they can go for forum messaging with posters...and not really looking anyway.. when I have it public I get 8-10 messages a day on the dating side...

My mistake....that should be a week

Crook_Catcher, I do believe many women find you attractive. I’m definitely not an expert on what women like, but it seems to me from the reactions you get here in the forums that the women look at you like they would a PB&J sandwich.

I have never received that many initial messages in one week, probably because I’m overweight and just flat not “good looking”. But I used to get 1 or 2 or 3, and these days I’m getting none. What changed? I let my paid membership lapse. That “showing up first in searches” thing must have actually done some good.

These days, I’ve been having good results from Ok*Cupid, Tinder, and some of the more adult oriented sites. Plus, of course, I spend as much time going out with my meetup group, dancing and carousing, as I do dating. I was out last night, at the Concert Pub Galleria, listening to live music, dancing, talking, flirting. There were about 45 people there from the meetup group, running about 2.5 or 3 to 1 (women to men).

And I was out on 2 dates last week, Wednesday evening I took a woman to see “The Jungle Book” in iMax 3D. If you haven’t seen that, go. The special effects are tremendous, it is a real treat in an iMax theater. And then Friday evening, dinner and drinks with a different lady. Life is good!
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 120
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 11:19:28 AM

ust a lot of older ladies....as in older older....like close to my dad's age older. Then there's the grandmother who's "takin care of her grandkids"...all 7 of them...in a single wide trailer cause the daughter got tangled up with a no account....they got to fightin and she got blamed for starting it...she gets out in 6 months....I can get the oldest to watch the others while they're napping if ya wanna meet at the waffle house out by the interstate....my neighbor could drop me off there. Or the "hey there...saw your profile...what are your thoughts on livin together?"....did have one lady say that I shouldn't worry about the big oxygen tank in the pic of her layed back in a recliner with three lap dogs...she's got a smaller one for when she goes to Walmart.
Lol...I even had one of them say.....this is my sister in the pic...but we look a lot alike and she says I should use it.....whut? I've gotta get out of here...

That is hilarious, thanks for sharing that Detective. Seriously this kind of feedback is valuable information at least to me. Couple of days ago I was talking to a close friend in the Denver area. Told him about POF and to my surprise he said he dated three women from here several years ago. Said all three were at least 30 lbs. heavier than their profile pictures indicated. One he says was a real man hater. That was it for him, said not to waste your time. As you say YMMV.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 121
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 12:18:07 PM
A woman... ANY woman of ANY age gains immense power "over" other women by being "more" attractive... allowing her a larger dating pool of potential mates. "More" men that will pause long enough to give her the time of day. To get her foot in the door. Basic Human programming. More "opportunity" for the woman to find Good Father material. Or simply a wider choice in mates if she is older. A "good father" for any offspring is HER best chance to carry on her own bloodline.

Being "attractive" for a man is a BONUS, not a necessity. It has nothing to do with being a good father. [who will/would stick around long enough to help raise any offspring] Countless polls everywhere of women of all ages VERIFY this FACT. A man's looks are seldom at the top of a woman's "wish" list regardless of her age. The opposite for men as his VISION is what enables to get it up [hopefully] at a moments notice to be able to impregnate as many women as possible. His most basic PROGRAMMING and his best chance to carry on his own bloodline.

Sure there are probably a small percentage of women who "enjoy" spending a LOT of time, money and effort on their "appearance" but for the vast majority, it's to better "compete" with other women for male partners.

What do you think would happen in this country if ALL the MALES between 10 and 100 were to drop dead overnight? Well one thing is for sure. Plastic surgeons specializing in boob jobs and liposuction would probably go out of business in a week, not to mention what would likely happen to various industries... shapewear, clothing, VS, the cosmetics industry, hair and nail salons. Yes, some women would continue on with their appearance "effort" exactly as before. Surely some portion would start "competing" with other women for FEMALE partners.

As long as men's brains are pretty much "governed" by their VISION when it comes to mate selection, women will compete [at least initially] for men by how attractive they can "present" themselves.

^^^ Just plain ol Human Nature that no no amount of whining is going to change anytime soon.
 kj521
Msg: 122
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 1:18:39 PM
To be fair, Ms. Pianopedal......Mr. SLAFFA did qualify his statements with "some".

And I know very well how competitive women can be with eachother. I lost my best friend from high school over such nonsense. :/

And.....the majority of all human behavior is a complex combination of both nature and nurture.
 kj521
Msg: 123
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 3:22:03 PM
I was sorry about it, too, Ms. Pianopetal. It didn't happen in high school. I started noticing it in college...then marriages, homes, cars, kids, etc. became a competition. Finally, in my early thirties....I had to decide I didn't need her in my life. It was sad, though, as we were friends since we were both 14.

That was my most hurtful experience...but I will tell you it happens even at this age and most often with casual friends and aquaintences. I have learned to recognize these woman and steer clear.

Thank goodness they are not the majority. :)
 lilydreams
Msg: 124
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 3:58:34 PM
I think most of the time the "competing" isn't with a friend but with others - competing with strangers for male attention. You see it on profile pictures in that some women have fairly ordinary pictures while others show off their cleavage or skimpy clothing or bathing suits or duck lips or they look like they are ready to suck something. They are competing with hundreds of other pictures on here. Or at a bar or at a club. Someone getting breast implants isn't doing it for medical reasons, she's getting them to attract a man and she wants what her friend Susie has...big attention seeking boobs. And she can't wait to show them off to Susie and all her other girl friends as well as a few dozen men. It's all attention seeking. And women want approval and attention from females as well as males but for different reasons.

I'm waiting for the return to Rubenesque, sweatpants and Uggs.
 kj521
Msg: 125
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 4:09:09 PM
Braless is in.....just sayin' (I'm kinda liken' it. Very freeing! )

And sweatpants are always sexy. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50