Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 126
Gorgeous Women over 50Page 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Basic Human programming. More "opportunity" for the woman to find Good Father material. Or simply a wider choice in mates if she is older. A "good father" for any offspring is HER best chance to carry on her own bloodline.
I know I should just ignore this but it is such utter bull shiat that I can't let it pass.

You realize the title of this thread is "Women over 50"?? In other words, women who are either peri-menopause or full menopause. Her childbearing years are over. She is not looking for good father material because she won't be having any more of her own bloodline.

Women in their 50s are looking forward to being childless, maybe even not babysitting the grandkids, maybe having alone time with a romantic partner.

THAT is human nature.

A woman... ANY woman of ANY age gains immense power "over" other women by being "more" attractive... allowing her a larger dating pool of potential mates. "More" men that will pause long enough to give her the time of day. To get her foot in the door.

More bull shiat. A woman doesn't gain power over other women by being attractive; she gains power over men by being attractive. But this woman in particular isn't looking for a man who thinks only with his**** I'm looking for a man who has something useful between his ears. This is not slamming men - SLAFFA is the one who, essentially, says men are no better than knuckle-dragging bonobos. I know quality men are 'out there' because I meet them, I work with them, I married and had intimate relationships with men of substance.

There will always be women who are more physically attractive than me, some that are smarter than me, some that are more wealthy than me, some that are more capable than me. But women who have all of those attributes on par with me are rare. Yes, I am all that and a bag of chips. So I am not in competition with any woman with fake boobs and a fake tan. Any man who wants that is welcome to it. She 'won' him fair and square.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 127
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 5:08:16 PM
I attempt to look ok for myself
Competing? hardly
I want to empower my Sisters not compete with them
Yea, if Men vanished then chaos would result HAHAHA.
Off to gather nuts and berries for the cave
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 128
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:59:18 PM

SLAFFA is the one who, essentially, says men are no better than knuckle-dragging bonobos.

Well, being single for long periods of time does tend to stimulate the limbic part of my brain.

Impulse control becomes non-existent...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 129
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:36:57 PM
Damn ladies, Ya'll had a "Competition" and you didn't invite me? Well shuckadarn!

I attempt to look ok for myself
Competing? hardly
I want to empower my Sisters not compete with them

LOL Damn straight!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:48:13 PM

A woman doesn't gain power over other women by being attractive; she gains power over men by being attractive.

I disagree. She gains competitive power over other women by being more attractive than them.

Being "attractive" for a man is a BONUS, not a necessity.

I disagree with this part. It's not just a bonus. For all practical purposes, it IS a Necessity to be attractive to the gal to an adequate degree. Looks is #1 for both genders. Women are more influenced by other factors, is all -- and since we don't Think about looks (takes no discovery IRL) as it's roughly split-second usually, it gives the illusion that it's not that important. No, other factors are "more important" in the sense that they're harder to figure out, cause drama, etc. But looks -- can't go without it.

Sure there are probably a small percentage of women who "enjoy" spending a LOT of time, money and effort on their "appearance"

Many love it. They love to get their hair done, nails done, working on their clothing selection, etc to look optimally attractive, yes.

for the vast majority, it's to better "compete" with other women for male partners.

Underneath it all subliminally on some technicality, there's truth to that, yeah. Not to Directly compete for the vast majority, no. But indirectly in some way without knowing it, yeah, there is that to some degree with many more than one would think or realize. I say indirect because it's to garner respect/beauty in the eyes of others. Garnering positive feedback/views from men can't be without the concept of competition getting into the mix, in some sense. Many won't be actively trying to compete or care about competing on the front-end of it at all -- but indirectly, if there was no such thing as competition for sexual mates, there wouldn't be any of the dolling-oneself-up in that way. Some of it indirectly can be about garnering guy's interest. It's not directly garnering guy's interest for some, notably when not single, but to look attractive -- which indirectly relies on it being compared to other gals, which indirectly relies on the basic sexual market (hence, competition).

But in normal practical and direct terms, I wouldn't at all say a vast majority of women doll themselves up to compete with other women for male partners. Many women are going to be taken, so obviously that's not going to apply. And many aren't doing it for actual male affection either. But in an indirect sense, sure, guys & gals who care about what they're wearing & looking like, are driven by something related to sexual competition underneath it all.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 131
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:30:46 PM

I disagree. She gains competitive power over other women by being more attractive than them.

NG, You can disagree till pigs fly. You are NOT a woman.You do not think like a woman. Stop with your ridiculous attempts to pretend to KNOW what a woman is thinking.
You are entitled to an opinion. You are not entitled. to make the claim, "She gains competitive power........"

AND THEN,

But in normal practical and direct terms, I wouldn't at all say a vast majority of women doll themselves up to compete with other women for male partners.

So which is it? Huh? We do compete? Or we don't compete?
Or do you even remember what you wrote in the first line, 49 sec ago?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 132
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:35:06 PM

You are NOT a woman.

Have you seen what's underneath the wet suit?

Hmm.....
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 133
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:46:21 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Yes, sand and water.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 10:43:22 PM
I disagree that the same 100 men would want to meet Karma if she were 20lbs heavier, no make up or hair grooming.
It is the pics that attract them and I bet if she were to load some digitised image making herself frumpy and dumpy, she would not get the same responses. Ask any woman who is that way. Some men may not be fussy about who they have sex with but for a more serious relationship the frumpy dumpy would not be so sought after. Billions are spent in improving bodies and faces because beauty is power and men in particular are very visually oriented.
 2ufo
Msg: 135
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/24/2016 11:08:23 PM

A woman doesn't gain power over other women by being attractive; she gains power over men by being attractive.

Only if they're both playing the same sort of weird game.

Sure there are probably a small percentage of women who "enjoy" spending a LOT of time, money and effort on their "appearance"

Many love it. They love to get their hair done, nails done, working on their clothing selection, etc to look optimally attractive, yes.

We love it because someone is expending their time and energy in taking care of us. Social grooming has always been a way to enhance social bonds among many animals, including humans.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 136
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:03:27 AM

But in normal practical and direct terms, I wouldn't at all say a vast majority of women doll themselves up to compete with other women for male partners.

That sounds as if you just contradicted yourself.

Didn't you actually mean to say, " But in normal practical and direct terms, I wouldn't say all, but a vast majority of women doll themselves up to compete with other women for male partners." ?
 2beetoo
Msg: 137
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 5:06:47 AM
Attractiveness is all important for both sexes, but that has nothing to do with being gorgeous or made up. It has to do with how you look in an old pair of jeans and a sweatshirt without spending an hour in front of the mirror. It is about keeping lean, eating well so your skin and hair speak health. It's much easier to be attractive when younger of course but over 50s can be there too if they have taken care of themselves. And yes, attitude has lots to do with attractiveness. Happy and sweet and nice make a woman far more attractive. Nasty and mean, nothing in the world you can do to make yourself attractive no matter your physical attributes.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 10:48:15 AM

You are NOT a woman.You do not think like a woman.

That has nothing to do with it. Come on, you know that...

You are entitled to an opinion. You are not entitled. to make the claim, "She gains competitive power........"

One gets competitive power over someone else, whether they realize it or not. If a guy is applying for a job where he's got an amazing resume for it, regardless of what he's thinking, he has gained competitive power over others applying for the job. That's what I mean. A more pretty woman has a competitive advantage (power) over other women in the dating scene, than if she wasn't so pretty. That's just a fact -- regardless of whether she realizes it or not. It's the market.

Didn't you actually mean to say, " But in normal practical and direct terms, I wouldn't say all, but a vast majority of women doll themselves up to compete with other women for male partners."

Yeah, to clarify in a nutshell: They do, but they don't. Depends in what way one means it. In the underneath-it-all, biological level, in some ways yes. No, not a vast majority at all Purposely, nor blatantly. However, there's some truth to it that to some degree in some Indirect ways, yes, it does have to deal with competition in getting male attention/acknowledgement.
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 139
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:12:28 PM
Ref. Msg. No. 86

Pictures are clear and usually recent

I am really curious as to how you can tell their pictures are recent just by looking at them. If you could give a brief explanation I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 140
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:44:50 PM
^^^^^

Farrarh Fawcett poster hair do's and Members Only jackets?
 lilydreams
Msg: 141
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 1:07:58 PM

I am really curious as to how you can tell their pictures are recent just by looking at them. If you could give a brief explanation I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.

You can't tell. The same way you can't tell from a photo if the person has a criminal record, beat his last wife or sexually assualted his daughter or did a "goodbye Earl" to her last husband.
 2ufo
Msg: 142
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 2:02:09 PM

You can't tell.

You can't always tell 100%, but you can get a lot of clues from clothing style, hair style, furniture style. Maybe that's why shirtless selfies in the bathroom are popular.
 lilydreams
Msg: 143
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/25/2016 3:05:14 PM

You can't always tell 100%, but you can get a lot of clues from clothing style, hair style, furniture style. Maybe that's why shirtless selfies in the bathroom are popular.

Well, I have had furniture longer than some folks on here have been married. Some of my furniture I've had recovered twice. Comfortable is comfortable. Hell, I have had some shoes longer than some folks on here have been married. So furniture, I dunno. And I've been to Vegas and the women are either gorgeous or they are frumpy with hairstyles from the 80s and glasses that look like they should be worn by Bubble on Trailer Boys.

The Plenty of Fish logo is always a giveaway as to age of photo. If it has a logo I'm sure the pic is 10 years old.

I should try the shirtless pic in the bathroom. It might be fun. It's like the infamous d!ck pictures, count the rings like on a tree to tell the age.
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 144
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:35:21 PM
Ref. Msg. 107

And yes, a homely or semi attractive guy with money will get a more attractive woman. Warren Buffet isn't a hunk, IMO. Trump is doing okay with women and not a hunk. Bill Gates isn't a hunk, he found a woman. Hell, little tiny Mickey Rooney had about 8 wives for a homely guy barely over 5 feet (don't tell Hawkings). So yes, money changes a lot of things.

So Lily do you care to give us some examples of those who you do think are hunks?
Just wondering.
 lilydreams
Msg: 145
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:44:52 AM
^^^ the men I mentioned in that quote, Buffet, Trump, Gates are average looking. Not ugly, not repulsive...average, with money and have partners, some have had multiple partners.

Who, to me,mis a hunk...hmmm Tom Selleck 20 years ago. Sam Elliott 20 years ago. Sean Connery 25 years ago. Brad Pitt.

I think age changes who you see as a hunk. I see some hunks on here but it may not be based solely for looks but for character, humour, how they think, how they express themselves - BigbadIrish, Crookcatcher, Clooney, Walts come to mind....all of them are hunks.

Just because someone is fit, attractive and can bench press a minivan does automatically make them a hunk. They have to have something going on in their head besides whether it's a arms day or a legs day at the gym. I couldn't spend the rest of my life starting at "pretty, but dumb as a stick".

You do know there are sugar daddy sites out there? Many women are looking to be a princess and many men are prepared to pay the tab.

And why do you care who I see as a hunk?
 americanbulldog89
Msg: 146
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 6:32:12 AM
Just wondering thats all. Was not aware of the sugar daddy sites, thanks for the response.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 147
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:08:03 AM

Tom Selleck 20 years ago. Sam Elliott 20 years ago. Sean Connery 25 years ago. Brad Pitt.

I consider those men all still good looking....at the age they are now.
Muscles and working out, doesn't do it for me....never did. I don't want someone my age....posing, acting, thinking like a horny teenager.
Maybe, if one considers their body as your "best" asset.....there is a site geared for that too! I'm sure there are women that swoon over that sort of thing....just as some men swoon over cleavage shots.
Whatever kink or thing you're into....can be found on line.
 lilydreams
Msg: 148
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 8:00:35 AM
Oh Whiskey, I still think Tom, Sam and Sean are attractive. Sean is my Dad's age so there is kind of an ick factor there for me personally, some don't mind dating someone they could have given birth to or someone old enough to be their parent.

I like a guy to look like a guy, a little wrinkled, a little bit of a tummy, a little less hair than years ago. I find the gym rats boring and egotistical and just love the "look at me" shots...both genders. It is one think to be healthy and fit and another to be arrogantly boring.

And yes, everything can be found online. Some sites are like a Buy n Sell.
 _babblefish
Msg: 149
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 9:00:22 AM

Maybe, if one considers their body as your "best" asset.....there is a site geared for that too! I'm sure there are women that swoon over that sort of thing....just as some men swoon over cleavage shots.

sharp edges blurred with aged eyes, wrinkles? what wrinkles . .

i read "too!" as tool
 ohenryx
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Gorgeous Women over 50
Posted: 4/27/2016 12:15:57 PM

You do know there are sugar daddy sites out there? Many women are looking to be a princess and many men are prepared to pay the tab.

Yes, I know all about it. I'm not willing to pay (at least not directly), but being the curious sort, I have signed up on several of those sites and conversed with a number of the women. Interesting, but not my thing.

Abelian used to advise men on this site to pay for it if they needed to, in order to avoid coming off as desperate. Women can smell desperation on a man, and it is a very powerful anti-attractant. I have advised men (on here, and in real life) to "date down", for the same reasons. Get over being desperate, get in some practice at the basic social skills, get comfortable (after a 20 or 30 year hiatus) with the whole idea of dating.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Gorgeous Women over 50