Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does this site actually work for a guy that wants to find a woman to      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 26
Does this site actually work for a guy that wants to find a woman to spend his life withPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Most all think we're after only one thing, and I've yet to figure out IF there is any way to convince them that it isn't necessarily the case.

Someone might throw a shoe at me for saying this, but for me, the relationship starts after the sex.

SOME women are wired opposite and want the relationship first.

Substitute relationship with friendship for a more softer perspective.

One of the biggest reasons OLD is not organic whatsoever.

Now, given the rapid fast paced nature of OLD, IME, SOME women will try determine what type of future they'll have with you, and will kill the chemistry asap by clumsily asking about, ahem, SECURITY type (aka finance) questions.

Keep in mind, this only pertains to ladies seeking a LTR with you.

Women are just as capable as viewing men as good for sex only :)

YMMV
 NJgirl116
Msg: 27
Does this site actually work for a guy that wants to find a woman to spend his life with
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:41:30 PM
Clooney, so what's going on with the picture rotation. The same five pictures I've been seeing for the past two years. Don't make me fly to California and take some new pictures of you! (teasing!)

On topic: you're right, some people don't start things off with sex. Don't pass judgments on them. Just look for someone more compatible...
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 28
Does this site actually work for a guy that wants to find a woman to spend his life with
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:50:57 PM
The pics seem to be getting me messages from women that have been online...less then 2 years!

hahahhahaha

Determining compatibility before sex is fine, exclusively.

I've only met 2 women that were cool with taking profiles down while we determined that.

Guess what?

We weren't compatible.

Go figure...

vvvvv

I really do like your moral compass :)

See, SOME women will view any request to be..exclusive, as a fast pass to bed.

As a matter of fact, SOME women are turned off by a guy asking for that before sex.

I've learned through trial and error to let the woman initiate any talks of exclusivity or profile visibility.

The newer Vette is satin black. I call it the BATMOBILE. 2012 Centennial edition Corvette.

The kids at 7/11 marvel at it but it's not the type of attention I want :(

NDM...I'd fly to meet you for dinner, but I'd have to skip a payment on the batmobile :(

YMMV

NJgirl116
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:02:28 PM
Ouch hahaha

Makes sense. I'd want someone I'm dating to hide or remove their profile. It's not like it's hard to put it back up if things end.

BTW nice convertible. The color's amazing. What make is it?
 ndm147
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:08:09 PM
I rotated my pictures. Forum folks said that it keeps things "fresh." I told you clooney if I win the lottery I will pay for all of our dates. Sex or no sex; even platonic. Just as friends.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:44:16 PM
I was just reading this month's issue of Playboy (Waiting for the sub to run out, but it for once had a good article), an interview with some schlub working at Google I think. Kurzweil? anyway he was talking about longer life via not chemistry any more, but nanobots and our brains on the cloud. He went off on a little tangent about self-driving cars and it made me think that the automobile was our biggest invention so far to let humans do what they want--highly powered, and we can steer it in any direction. And like Kurzweil said, look how much we suck at driving. we allow our egos to get in the way. Perhaps as the Internet allows us to be more "us", we'll have as much luck pointing it in the right direction as we do cars.

anyway, point is...can you imagine living longer, and finding a partner you can stand that length of time? Supposedly we'll live longer by our bodies getting healthier, so we might indeed reverse the aging process, maybe finally we can be my dream of 20 yrs old but the maturity of an older person. We old pharts might be hitting on 20 yr olds and getting away with it finally. orrrr...we might mentally hit the problem Anne Rice used to mention in her vampire books, that near immortality drives us nuts with boredom.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:19:43 PM
Men want to find a woman to spend the rest of their life with? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

On here? lol

Most want to spend as it takes to get laid and preferably on the first meet and not having to buy coffee, a drink or god forbid...dinner.

I'm laughing so hard I'm getting a stitch in my side lol.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:22:13 PM

Most want to spend as it takes to get laid and preferably on the first meet and not having to buy coffee

And how much should getting laid, followed by a commitment, cost??

You opened a can of worms...

vvvvvvv

Exactly!

Treating sex like a commodity works for the poor and desperate.

Whenever I hear a gal tell me she can get sex anywhere, I promptly respond by telling her I can have sex with a 10 for the cost of 4 dinners with a 5 and 2 tanks of gas.

Next!
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:44:18 PM
clooneystutor said

And how much should getting laid, followed by a commitment, cost??

You opened a can of worms...

vvvvvvv

Exactly!

Treating sex like a commodity works for the poor and desperate.

Whenever I hear a gal tell me she can get sex anywhere, I promptly respond by telling her I can have sex with a 10 for the cost of 4 dinners with a 5 and 2 tanks of gas.

Next!

And you proved my point. You are 100% the type of man I avoid like the plague. You give men a bad name. I know you have a big ego and your forumite buds will likely attack me but it is what it is. Do enjoy your easy/desperate women. Keep telling them if they just submit to the d!ck test you might care for them. Only fools rush in.

Please stop trolling my posts...thank you.

As predicted here come the brown nosers.

lilydreams said
when was the last time some of you had a date let alone got laid?

I'm offered sex 24/7 by men 1/2 my age in fantastic shape. Sex with a stranger is totally lacking. If a man doesn't care about me he won't care if I enjoy the sex. You can lie to yourself if you want but listen to what men say. They'll please a woman they care about. The rest as just sperm banks.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2016 8:51:00 PM
Aw. Sorry tweety bird.

I enjoy women that value my****as much as I value their vajayjay.

Put a price tag on it and you can enjoy dating doormats.

Or..having lonely nights with Ben & Jerry's.

No ego here. I've turned down many offers when I discovered they were broke.

YMMV

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darling, you give love a bad name...

An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free
 lilydreams
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:04:19 PM
If you have read any of Clooney's posts you would know that he has always said he wants a commitment and is prepared to commit himself. He's also stated that he's not prepared to spend a whole lot of cash on someone who just wants a fling or to play around. And I have to agree with him in that if some gal is just looking for someone to fund her entertainment, buy her dinner and drinks and put out every once in awhile but doesn't want a relationship or is prepared to commit...who needs the b.s. Good looking guys like him can get laid for a lot less, of all they are looking for is to get laid.

While I'm not a fan of the 3 date and commit rule or take down your profile...but he has a point. He, and his male counterpoints, are the ones hauling out their wallets.

And yes, he can bang a 10 for a few more dinners than it costs to bang a 5. It's buying and selling and happens daily.

There are a quite a few nice guys on here who truly are wanting a forever partner, and he is one. I think many have given up, just like some women on here have. I don't know how some just keep on keeping on...when was the last time some of you had a date let alone got laid? I can't even wrap my brain around some of the folks on here who have said they have dated 200 or 300 people.

And please, how are Clooney's comments any different than a few of the females on here who constantly brag about banging younger guys or how they could get laid anytime they want with any guy.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:10:33 PM
Thank you.

Ya know?

I detest the mention of costs and sex in terms of dating.

I get being turned off by men wanting to get laid over a bottle of water, but to suggest men are only spending until they get the goods reeks of misandry.

I firmly believe there is more to relationships and dating then sex and money. There's gotta be something in between.

She's got more then the goods and I'm more then a wallet, and as long as that's all we offer each other?

It's gonna continue to be a Mars/Venus chess match.

At least in terms of OLD...

They'll please a woman they care about. The rest as just sperm banks.

WTF? Wow.

The caring is a 2 way street...I think?

And you're just a womb with eggs?

It's getting fracking cold in here!

Talk about an ED inducing thread....

I've had plenty of rodeos with OLD and sadly, the more I invested in romance did yield a predictable roll in the hay but rarely more then a short term...fling.

So, how much do I budget for that experience?? Ya know, the false lightning strikes?

Invest in romance and fun a few times, and you gradually realize quick sex doesn't mean jack sh!t to some.

YMMV

NJgirl116
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:11:52 PM
Sorry Clooney I deleted my post about it that you responded to. Figured it wasn't cool. But I see I'm not the only person who had a WTF reaction to the bragging.
 lilydreams
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:44:49 PM

I'm offered sex 24/7 by men 1/2 my age in fantastic shape. Sex with a stranger is totally lacking. If a man doesn't care about me he won't care if I enjoy the sex. You can lie to yourself if you want but listen to what men say. They'll please a woman they care about. The rest as just sperm banks.

You get offered sex 24/7, cool. Have you watched the show My 600 Pound Life? Those 500 and 600 pounders have guys banging them too. So really "I'm offered sex 24/7..." means nothing. Fat women, old women, young women, ugly women, disabled women, pretty women can get laid or offered sex. hell, The Donald has had 3 wives and he's a pig.

And yes, a man will please a woman he cares about, so will a woman. Some men and women just want to go out and have a good time and get laid. Some want more than that. Clooney wants more than that. And he's the first to say he will stay home, have a glass of wine, grab the Lubriderm and love himself. If he was what you think he is, HD be out prowling for an easy lay.

The other one that brags about being offered sex 24/7. By men half her age in fantastic shape is busy in the sex threads whining about how her latest Mr. Perfect can't get it up, the last one who done her wrong was a narcissist....I'm thinking in another 5 years she'll be on date 500 complaining they can't hike 5 miles and are in need of dental floss. What goes around, comes around.

Some folks take themselves too seriously and need to lighten up.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:59:40 PM

If a man doesn't care about me he won't care if I enjoy the sex. You can lie to yourself if you want but listen to what men say. They'll please a woman they care about. The rest as just sperm banks.

Personally, and from other guys I know at least, that's not accurate. If they hook up with a fugly, yes, that applies. But if it's a reasonably attractive gal, even for just a fling, the guy will want her to enjoy it. Many guys care about 'being good in bed' -- not just to GFs or ones they're romantically chasing. It takes two to tango, and when she gets her juices flowing and everything, it makes for a much better experience overall for him two. It's mutually exclusive, at least to some degree.
 Railrunner
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:16:36 AM
In one word, No. It does not work for that purpose. What POF does appear to work for is getting a laugh out of the circus that is humanity. And for trashy scammers who prey in desperate men to con them out of their money. And the "Town tramps" looking for another "Babby daddy" to leech welfare and child support. The closest it appears to come, is women in their early 20s who have five kids all from different men, who want to find a good hearted man to leech from while she goes out having five more welfare brats with five more men. So just enjoy the human circus. Hope you brought some popcorn!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 42
view profile
History
 Maleman999
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/26/2016 6:14:23 AM
I suppose it can work, as long as you don't have expectations that first person you meet from any dating site must be the One-Mr./Miss Total Perfection that you will spend the rest of your life with, and is a match made in Heaven by angels. Otherwise, it's a total failure. When people see commercials for dating sites-where two people sign up, meet right away, it happens to be a perfect match, and they live happily ever after in la-la land-they expect that to happen in real life when they sign up. Some people play the blame game, blaming the opposite gender or dating sites when the perfect person doesn't magically appear in front of them right away like in the commercials, or like the fairy tale fantasy in their head. That's a guarantee for no success.

If people take a positive approach, realizing that meeting a stranger from a dating site on the internet doesn't guarantee a perfect match, and consider the dates as successes instead of failures if it doesn't blossom into more, that would increase the chance of finding the One. The problem is we live in a world where everybody expects instant results, and waiting for anything is a waste of time. And that includes waiting for the right match in the dating world. All that does is increase the chance of making the wrong decision.
 gtomustang
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:37:03 AM
huh, I thought ClooneyTunes has been down the aisle a few times. Seems like that might mean something. me, i'd like a relationship, but while i'm waiting for one custom-ordered to show up, I might as well snack on the entrees for a bit. meanwhile, i'll second what Maleman said above--in this instant-coffee world, finding a good partner is going to take a while. all good things come to those who wait, and all that.

and hey, who's to say that if our first date was Mr. Right, we'd even recognize it anyway? I thought the idea of dating was like a test drive, see what's right and what's wrong out there, get an idea of what we want and what we don't, and then zero in on perfection? but that would require not taking dating personally.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/26/2016 8:52:57 AM
GTO wrote :

" who's to say that if our first date was Mr. Right, we'd even recognize it anyway?"

Hang in there GTO, I'm sure you'll recognize your Mr Right when you find him !

lol
 ohenryx
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 9:40:58 AM

ClooneysTutor

Next!

Okay, CT, I’m finally going to ask about this. I have seen you post this exact statement a number of times, over a period of years. And I always assumed that I knew what you meant by the statement. But now, I see someone else placing a different interpretation on your words. Namely this:

lilydreams
And yes, he can bang a 10 for a few more dinners than it costs to bang a 5.

Now that, from lilydreams, is not at all what I took your words to mean. To be very specific, I thought you were saying “for around $400, I can have sex with a very good looking, high class call girl”. “The girl friend experience”, if you will. The idea being 4 dinners with a 5 (average woman) will run you about $75 each, so $300 for dinners. 2 tanks of gas, another $60 these days.

So what exactly DID you mean by those oft repeated words, anyway?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/26/2016 10:41:48 AM
Somebody's baiting me.

Meh. I'll play along.

My statement is directed to any woman that treats sex as a reward, and a reward that only women possess.

I can offer and decline sex just as capably.

So, if she wants to put a price tag on it, that's fine.

I'll find and invite a hot mama out for the weekend and stay home a month afterwards to recover the costs of the excursion.

HahHhahahahHa

Make it a sticks and carrots game, and I'll shift gears from romance to a rapid cost/benefit assessment.

YMMV
 lilydreams
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/26/2016 11:02:27 AM

Now that, from lilydreams, is not at all what I took your words to mean. To be very specific, I thought you were saying “for around $400, I can have sex with a very good looking, high class call girl”. “The girl friend experience”, if you will. The idea being 4 dinners with a 5 (average woman) will run you about $75 each, so $300 for dinners. 2 tanks of gas, another $60 these days.

Geez Henry, I thought you would have had that figured out, you're a very worldly man. It boils down to it "costs" you a little more to bed the "quality" "high caliber" attractive gals. We all know that. So yes, it costs you a little more to bang a 10 than it does a 5. It doesn't mean the 10 is any better in bed or is a better person as "quality" and "high caliber" are subjective or that the 10 is going to turn into anything deep and meaningful....its just going to cost you more money to get there. What's the market rate?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2016 11:13:52 AM
"Whenever I hear a gal tell me she can get sex anywhere, I promptly respond by telling her I can have sex with a 10 for the cost of 4 dinners with a 5 and 2 tanks of gas."

It isn't clearly written, so I had no idea what he exactly meant.

I thought he meant he can have sex with a non-professional hottie if he pays for 4 dinners. And with a "5" for the cost of two tanks of gas.

I think to pay a professional hottie for the total GF experience, it's going to cost more like a grand in the USA.

=========================================================
On a related note, this also illustrates the difference between tall men and short men.

Tall men often complain about the relative costs of dating, short men complain about never dating at all. At this point I can usually tell how tall a man is just from this sort of posting.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/26/2016 11:51:38 AM
Full GFE. ? LOL! A bit of a misnomer?
Hopefully an actual "girlfriend" wouldn't require payment up front and keep an eye on the time, at 55 minutes announcing, "Times up!
Unless you give me another $ xxxxxx.."
Sounds a bit like a therapist, will pretend to be your "friend" and listen. ? For a healthy fee, of course.
I suppose you can pretend to yourself for a half hour or so..basically means she'll kiss you?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does this site actually work for a guy that wants to find a woman to spend his life with