Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men age and lying      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 51
Men age and lyingPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Perhaps some people would rather venture into dating older than stay in a perpetual dry spell. The older party shouldn't let it go to their head too much.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 52
Men age and lying
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:52:40 PM
And neither should younger.

The vanity really makes me wanna vomit.

If you think being younger makes you a good CATCH, we are not a match.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 53
Men age and lying
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:53:50 PM
Who me? Now you're getting personal with me?? You're not having a good night, are you.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 54
Men age and lying
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:43 PM
Not you dear.

Not at all. You're human.

I'm venting at the 'younger' that think that's all it takes...
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
Men lying about their age
Posted: 4/23/2016 2:45:13 PM
for the sake of debate, old guys chasin' young tail goes back to the tales of kings. Of course it was done to gain land and power. And yes, if you think of the hunk in "Twilight" as an old phart with really good wrinkle cream, there's modern Hollywood movies of old guys chasing the young. Did people go to see the movie "Entrapment" and ask, "boy, that Sean Connery is still good looking...but why is he paired with a younger girl?"

sometimes, a younger gal just looks good. sometimes, its nice that she isn't falling asleep by 9pm. or maybe she's more fun and less bitter. or maybe the older bf is not so mature, and she's mature for her age, and they meet in the middle. or maybe she's sick of boys her age who can't keep their jeans up or wear their caps forward.
 lilydreams
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/23/2016 3:12:18 PM
No one has really commented regarding my question about the opposite to mommy or daddy issues . If you want older you have mommy or daddy issues...what about if you want younger?

Yes, men have gone after younger for eons. I think there is a fine line between the numbers between "well, that okay" and "that's icky and pervy"

BTW, Sean Connery can jump my bones any day he wants. But I will say, I always found Hugh Hefner creepy, kind of made me throw up a bit when I'd see him being interviewed.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/23/2016 3:19:24 PM
My gay friends call gay guys going after young meat Chicken Hawks.
My friends between 40 and 55 going after young meat?
I call them Horny.
If I was going after a guy 15 years younger it would be to do yardwork.
If he comes after me - he's looking to be PAID for that yardwork LOL
I'm here all week, try the shrimp
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/23/2016 5:12:23 PM

BTW, Sean Connery can jump my bones any day he wants.

Well, be careful not to talk back to him.

He feels slapping a woman is sometimes necessary to keep her in line.

I don't think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don't recommend you do it the same way that you hit a man.

- James Bond
 lilydreams
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/23/2016 5:21:10 PM
^^. Was that before or after the Money Penny shot?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
 gtomustang
Msg: 60
skip the shrimp, there's other seafood i want to eat
Posted: 4/23/2016 6:04:16 PM
Wait, Connery took a shot at Moneypenny? I missed that, and I thought I read all the books and watched the movies.

Hugh Hef creeps me out, too. He's got a son who could be hot looking for all I know, but he looks creepy in photos with his Playmate gf, too. and i'll admit to a bias, I wonder why women wanted to be his gf after he got wrinkly like a prune. But hey, if they were happy, bully for them.

actually, i'm kidding about the shrimp. A good c0cktail sauce and I'll eat as many as I can. they're the chocolate chip cookie of the sea.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:04:01 PM

Just this last month alone I have messages from 5 men who have age 50 plus on their profiles... but the pictures are of much younger men in their 20's... and they message and tell me their real age.. this is to get an older womans attention..

Man, guys are really going at great lengths to go Milf and gMilf hunting. I don't suppose you'll see too many 30 year old gals posing as 50 year old women to garner the interest of 55 year old guys, right? :) I think it does show how the bad the ratio is for guys in their 20s-30s here. They make new profiles way outside their age range! :)

But good looking older women are good looking women. Plus, given the big age difference, no pressure of forming a BF/GF relationship. A win-win, less drama, straight to the point. And not just for sex-only either -- but just a whole more-than-friends situation.

A 20 something woman to me is nothing but eye candy. Give me a woman that is older, preferably anything past 38, that not only knows what she wants in bed, but knows how to get it.

But over time, doesn't that change, with the # getting higher? I think a lot of that is biased/subjective in us naturally. My "eye-candy-only" line has grown/shifted, but stopped at 30 yo. IMO, it's around 27-30 that's a solid age that she knows what she wants, and in bed, learned the ropes of dating to shed unnecessary drama, etc. If she doesn't then, she's likely not going to later. I've dated gals of all ages, and I have to say that in the singles scene, gals at 30 vs 40 -- not a difference as far as level-headed/knows-what-she-wants, etc.
 hemingway234
Msg: 62
Men age and lying
Posted: 4/30/2016 3:12:31 PM
Quit complain and just use the delete and block buttons. Dating is the search for a needle in a haystack, but there is light at the end of the tunnel; You only need to find one good one.
 ortzuyfrog
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/12/2016 12:16:06 PM
I've always been honest about my age and have a recent pic up. Problem is I get absolutely no attention or response from women. Sometimes people get impatient and feel they have to "pad the resume" a bit to get some interest. Granted women don't like that because they go in thinking they're getting one thing and wind up getting something else. Understandable, but if you're 100% honest then you get passed over because you're not the fantasy male most women seem to be looking for. I think people in general need to relax the unrealistic standards and be open and see what is possible.
 ortzuyfrog
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 12:21:48 PM
Regarding Hef, those girls don't go into it looking to be his girlfriend. It's about his money and what he can do for their modelling careers as being attached to the Playboy brand. A lot of those women are actually married but pause their lives to live in the fantasy and the expectation that their careers will be greatly enhanced.

As far as I know, Holly Madison was the only one who actually wanted to be in a relationship with him.
 Like2dance
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:13:13 PM
Don't know about the men but for women lying about their age seems to be the rule rather than the exception, at least for the over 40 crowd.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 66
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:45:49 PM

These guys have a mother figure thing going on and sure it can be fun for a fling but not for any serious relationship.

Which university did you say you got your psychology degree from?
 mdbco32
Msg: 67
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/13/2016 6:00:57 PM

The problem is, clumsy knows no age.

Agreed. Clumsy and irresponsible isn't limited to a dependency on age.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:58:23 PM

OP, you've been on here long enough to know exactly what kind of reaction that picture is going to get. Of course young guys are hitting on you. They see any woman over 50 as a easy target because they see us as pathetic and desperate for attention so we'll have sex with anyone. That picture is screaming "I'm desperate and easy -- do me."

Wait what are you talking about here? I read the post to say that men in their 50's (yes they actually put their correct age on their profile) but put up fake pics (or pics of themselves when they were 20/30 years younger). Nobody said anything about younger men.

The men probably put up fake pics for the same reason everyone else does, they're hiding something about the way they look (weight, age, height ect).

And what's with attacking people and they're pictures? News flash people are sexually attracted to other people. Sex and being physically attracted to one another is vital to a relationship! Furthermore sometimes the girls come out, flop out, stand out, fall out and tumble out. It can't be helped when you have large ta ta's. Get over it! I swear I seriously think a lot of women in these forums are actually jealous.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/22/2016 5:39:00 PM

Post #1
Just this last month alone I have messages from 5 men who have age 50 plus on their profiles... but the pictures are of much younger men in their 20's... and they message and tell me their real age..

Post #73
Wait what are you talking about here? I read the post to say that men in their 50's (yes they actually put their correct age on their profile) but put up fake pics (or pics of themselves when they were 20/30 years younger). Nobody said anything about younger men.

Jesse, I think You need to Read what the OP posted, again...... She, inferred those Men were Younger than their listed Age....
But, once again, You see what You want to See...
 matyko
Msg: 70
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:10:13 PM
I think msg 17 nailed it.
 SrqDJ
Msg: 71
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/30/2016 9:10:10 AM

OP, you've been on here long enough to know exactly what kind of reaction that picture is going to get. Of course young guys are hitting on you. They see any woman over 50 as a easy target because they see us as pathetic and desperate for attention so we'll have sex with anyone. That picture is screaming "I'm desperate and easy -- do me."

Put the girls away if you don't want to attract such attention.

Reading through this thread, came across several responses to the OP along the lines of the one I quoted.
My "girls" are away and I've had the same, many more emails from younger men lying about their age...IMO I don't think it really matters if cleavage is or isn't showing.

I do agree with the opinion that SOME younger men think older women are an easy target for quickies, heck SOME older men think that too. lol

Now what is interesting is that in real life, I've had younger men ask me for my phone number more than men my age or older-so is it always a case of looking for a quick easy target? I don't think so, in some cases I think it's a matter of perception of age-most are surprised when I say I have kids their age or older lol

I have found it amusing though that the powers that be on this site have felt the need to impose age restrictions on all users and IMO is part of the reason for all ages being untruthful in order to go over the "age wall" that has been created. Maybe requiring a person's age as part of the registration process to use this site should be done away with since in real life it's not like we all walk around with our "number" being advertised or pinned on our forehead. lol
 ThisIsWhatYouCameHereFor
Msg: 72
Men age and lying
Posted: 5/31/2016 4:38:48 AM
Welcome to POF. There is a lot of this nonsense here. A really popular one the men pull as well is " I'm really 59 I had to put 45 because I'm attracted to younger women ". Then you have the clearly older photos. I was on here 5 years ago and some of the same photos are still being used !! Don't be flattered on here until you even meet and see who's emailing you. Pick a simple place and sit by the exit door.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/12/2018 10:10:54 AM

Sometimes people lie.
Nasty habit, almost worse than smoking.

Really?

Everyone does it, we teach our children to lie and we punish people who tell the truth.

More like lyng is a critical part of society.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 74
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/12/2018 10:53:47 AM

we teach our children to lie

HELL NO

ONE OF MY MANTRAS RAISING MY KIDS WAS ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH EVEN IF IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD

They are autistic albeit high functioning, one good thing is they r not creative liars- I showed them I would be less angry if the owned up to whatever was going on (who let the hamster out of the cage)

Who wants to go thru life keeping track of mistruths, etc.

It's one thing if a friend says how do u like my new dress:

"wow it's cute!" (rather than it makes u look fat/old/like a teeny bopper/ too tight like a sausage about to explode)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:10:20 AM
Dam if I don't see a pic of you 35 years younger on your profile but * whateva*.

Won't take no for an answer? Are you on something?
DELETE who you are not interested in and if they keep on then block them.

You don't owe anyone anything unless its American Express or the IRS.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men age and lying