Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men age and lying      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Men age and lyingPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Dam if I don't see a pic of you 35 years younger on your profile but * whateva*.

Won't take no for an answer? Are you on something?
DELETE who you are not interested in and if they keep on then block them.

You don't owe anyone anything unless its American Express or the IRS.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:15:21 PM

HELL NO

ONE OF MY MANTRAS RAISING MY KIDS WAS ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH EVEN IF IT DOESNT LOOK GOOD

I am thinking of when Jane says something like, the teacher's a btch. (Could be anything at all)

The teacher hears that, and ask, what did you say????

Jane is expected to lie and say "nothing" but if she tells the exact truth, she gets punished.

I don't believe there is any exceptiono to that.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 77
why do men lie--b/c the truth does not Free Willy :)
Posted: 7/12/2018 7:58:00 PM
We teach our kids not to lie, so that when we come home from a long day and there's a mess on the carpet, we don't have to shift thru BS and lies. But then on the weekend, at some event our precious child utters something truthful but tact-less. and we wish we could teach what "little white lies" are. Of course, its also fun when adults brag they "tell it like it is!", but get totally thin-skinned when anyone dares to treat 'em the same way.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 78
ppl w/ autism tend to be more truthful
Posted: 7/13/2018 7:30:35 AM
I had to teach my kids a bit differently as they are neuro-atypical

"You don't owe anyone anything unless its American Express or the IRS."
Me likey. I am stealing this & adding: Paypal Credit :0(
 ssm508
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/13/2018 8:35:28 AM

That's a byproduct of the age restriction. More people are being dishonest about their age. If people put their real age on the profile, they wouldn't have been able to email you.

Exactly. I have seen profiles that have an incorrect age in the stats section at the top. But the correct age is listed in the profile body. Many of us get emails from people that we are not interested in for whatever reason. Simply say "No thanks" or don't respond. If they are unable to take no for an answer or say something rude, then block them.
 Tech30
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/13/2018 10:03:39 AM
My ex who i met online listed her age as 4 years younger than she was.

A few years later when i broke up with her i saw her online again, and again lying about her age.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:15:54 PM
Well shoot, I am about same age,,, maybe if i do same stuff, i'll have young dudes sniffing after me. lol,,
naw
 spot4username
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/14/2018 2:40:17 AM
I was recently (couple wks ago) swiping away on Tinder when lo and behold! my ex husband. I am 52. He is almost seven years older than me. He is listed as 50. I had a nice little giggle. We talk often but I haven't busted him yet. I am waiting to do it in person. This will give me some good-natured ribbing towards him for a bit.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/16/2018 2:43:36 AM

Exactly. I have seen profiles that have an incorrect age in the stats section at the top. But the correct age is listed in the profile body. Many of us get emails from people that we are not interested in for whatever reason. Simply say "No thanks" or don't respond. If they are unable to take no for an answer or say something rude, then block them.

Due to POF policy of age restrictions, I can understand why someone might use that as a dodge.

As long as they list their correct age in thier profile, IMO it isn't really a lie as they are only trying to deceive a computer.
 Tech30
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/16/2018 7:55:44 AM
Thats how we get Skynet!!! starts with lying to a computer about your age, then its all out war between humans and robots!
 ssm508
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/18/2018 8:43:06 PM

Exactly. I have seen profiles that have an incorrect age in the stats section at the top. But the correct age is listed in the profile body

Case in point. I recently saw a woman that put 40 as her age. But in her profile, her actual age is 58. This woman was interested in men that are in their 30s, 40s, and maybe early 50s. Putting the wrong age in the stats section allowed her to get around the 14 year POF age restrictions. As a side note, this woman was also a BBW and she stated in her profile that she was interested in slender and athletic men. If the genders were reversed, many women would probably say an overweight man going after younger and slender women has unrealistic expectations.
 Coma_White
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:23:42 PM

Case in point. I recently saw a woman that put 40 as her age. But in her profile, her actual age is 58. This woman was interested in men that are in their 30s, 40s, and maybe early 50s. Putting the wrong age in the stats section allowed her to get around the 14 year POF age restrictions. As a side note, this woman was also a BBW and she stated in her profile that she was interested in slender and athletic men. If the genders were reversed, many women would probably say an overweight man going after younger and slender women has unrealistic expectations.

This happened to me. A crazy 53 year old lady put her age as 38 to message younger guys. She was a born again virgin and Christian. She showed up at one of my concerts and she was clearly bipolar. To make matters worse, she was friends with my ex that had ghosted me. I don't understand how some people can be so delusional. I've dated older women if they took care of themselves and weren't more than 7 or 8 years older. Older guys can get away with it if they stay in shape and have their act together. I don't date BBW my age, so why would I date one 15 years older? I don't even have an issue dating a religious person, but she couldn't say the names of certain heavy metal bands because she thought they were named after demons and the demons would haunt her or something. What's sad is that she wasn't the craziest person I've met online. Far from it!
 lulz567
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Men age and lying
Posted: 7/20/2018 3:29:33 PM
I don’t think it’s older women they are interested in as such. It’s any women and especially those stating a preference that isn’t a mold they fit. Challenge isn’t it. They do love a challenge. It doesn’t matter with opportunists what you state you’d like or not like on a profile because it’s about what they want ,not what you want. They are just clutching at straws due to rejections on here and hoping deceptive means will pull the Fish in or at least one fish good to go. Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes not.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men age and lying