Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does the current living arrangement of a prospective date factor into      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 5__Jo
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Does the current living arrangement of a prospective date factor into whether you would date themPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yep, sunny...agreed. Both usually always need to reestablish in some way after a divorce. I had to after my divorce. Just saying that I don't want to date anyone who is in this process of reestablishing, or only separated, or in the process of a divorce...just doesn't interest me. For the record...I already said I could care less about own/rent.

As well, there are many men who don't want to date women who are reestablishing or separated, or in the process of divorce....for the same reasons I don't. "Men don't much care if her car is new or 8 years old. Men just like her to have a job and aren't so concerned about salary or her job title." Bwahahah—if a woman is hot enough many men could care less if she has a job, and vice versa.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Does the current living arrangement of a prospective date factor into whether you would date them
Posted: 6/27/2016 10:11:09 PM

^^^^When one is struggling to get by—that would be one clue.

Yeah, but besides him saying so -- how would you know? What are the clues that he's struggling to get by?

there are many men who don't want to date women who are reestablishing or separated, or in the process of divorce

For guys willing to casually date (many many are; even when keeping their eyes peeled for LTR potentials), I don't think they mind if a gal is separated or in the process of divorce. If anything, it's a positive for casual dating. I think they just try to stay away from it if they're a gal they know thru social connections. Otherwise, it's 'game on' in many guys' minds.

Men don't much care if her car is new or 8 years old. Men just like her to have a job and aren't so concerned about salary or her job title.

A gal who has things together (but not projecting herself like a snob), will increase her value to a guy. Doing so hold more value the other way around, of course. And in the end, if she's a great match, she's a great match -- so her just able to hold her own in life usually covers all his bases enough just fine.

if a woman is hot enough many men could care less if she has a job, and vice versa.

For one night stands, sure. For casual dating, a guy will care, for it lasting much past a multiple night stand. IMO, for guys not having a job, gals will care beyond a ONS.

I think one of the things is, a guy can project himself making it look like he has it all together when he really doesn't. It doesn't take much money at all over time to have a few nice slacks, a few nice button-down white shirts, nice shoes for going out, a nice haircut, and a nice "professional looking" car that doesn't cost that much. Would be no different than a guy making $150k a year who saves a lot of money when he's single w/ no kids.
 hemingway234
Msg: 102
Does the current living arrangement of a prospective date factor into whether you would date them
Posted: 6/29/2016 12:34:47 PM
It's a good idea to be aware of red flags and dealbreakers when dating. However, I think some people go overboard and are hunting for perfection. Nobody is perfect, not even you.

When I was single, I wrestled with trying to find a perfect catch vs. a good catch constantly. I was ridiculously selective. I was constantly trying to find a middle ground, a happy medium.

There are no perfect people, so don't waste time looking for one.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does the current living arrangement of a prospective date factor into whether you would date them