Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Grammar, "attention seeking", and assertive communication.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 26
Grammar, attention seeking, and assertive communication.Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

"native Ameicans" are simply folks born in the USA

Your white supremacist propaganda does not work. You want to rewrite history and definitions to justify your pillaging of the land and the native Americans that lived here.

This is what the diccionary says:

Na·tive A·mer·i·can
noun
noun: Native American; plural noun: Native Americans

a member of any of the indigenous peoples of the Americas.

adjective
adjective: Native American

relating to Native Americans.

The rest, your definition, is nothing but propaganda.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 27
Grammar, attention seeking, and assertive communication.
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:48:57 PM
I sometimes comment on grammar in a post because there's nothing else there worth responding to. And I admit to sort of believing that being unable to master the making of plurals for a native speaker puts them in the box of not too bright. Plenty of countries have multiple languages--China for example, India for another.

In this country, historically, the first generation of immigrants usually has some problem-- the kids grow up as native English speakers. Good friend of mine's mother was White Russian, he was born in China, his father was German. He speaks perfect English, his mother never learned. I knew several northern Chinese peeps who spent some time in Guangzhou (Canton) who were fairly furious that the only way they could communicate with their fellow citizens was in English, lol!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:56:52 PM
Going back to what I BELIEVE is the original subject of the thread...

I think it's accurate to say that there are times when criticism or correction of grammar is a valid point in a discussion, and other times when it is just a distraction, or even an insult.

I will correct, or question grammar, when someone posts a statement which depends on the grammar for it's functional meaning. And I have seen many times in discussions, debates, and claimed telling of historical facts, where a trick of grammar was what distinguished facts and logic from lies and misrepresentation.

The one person infesting this thread above, who is posting propaganda only remotely related to the subject, provides small examples of this, in the form of failed spelling (amerika), which is actually a political attack disguised as ignorance.

Overall, I support dealing with actual errors gracefully, but on both party's sides. The person correcting needn't be rude, and the person being corrected needn't vent angrily in response. However, it can be VERY important to point out errors, too. Especially when the errors are being made by someone who is loftily declaring others to be ignorant, imperfect, or is otherwise waxing self-righteous.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:58:43 PM

Plenty of countries have multiple languages--China for example, India for another

you don't have to look quite so far away, there's Canada..and (effectively) the USA..statistics say there are more people with Spanish (castellano) as their first language living in USA than in Spain..oh, and speaking of Spain, it has 4 major languages, castellano, gallego, catalan & Euskera..plus regional dialects. Switzerland has 4 official, Paraguay 2, Belgium, multiple. France & Italy each have multiple languages, although "officially" use one for government purposes. hundreds of thousands in South America, especially Peru, speak Quechua..plus the "official" Spanish/castellano

but stating there are multiple languages in China & India to making the leap that all or even most natives speak 'all" or "many" of those languages would be a great leap of logic/faith..India has hundreds, 8 "major" ones..I think virtually no Indian other than maybe an occasional language professor, would speak and write fluently all 8 of those, likely 1, maybe 2..+ maybe English as a common language.
same in China, plenty have problems between Mandarin, Cantonese, Gan, Wu, Jin, etc.

I know people love to exaggerate & think/say "every European/non-North American knows multiple languages" , not true..probably more polyglots than in USA, but..some are barely literate in even one language..so..
 oj126
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:07:36 PM
No , IG. I not buyig the PC middle school sloganeering of the anti whites. Go to Metapedia for a realistic definition. On your way there , you might want to visti ancient Solutrea. WPWW.

Igor , nothing is being disguised. A poli sci class or perhaps paying slight attention to current events could , in fact , make you a more astute poster.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:15:53 PM

The one person infesting this thread above, who is posting propaganda only remotely related to the subject, provides small examples of this, in the form of failed spelling (amerika), which is actually a political attack disguised as ignorance.

I totally agree with you Igor.

I find that most of the time there are people that love to correct grammar as a power trip. They love to put you down by pointing out how you misspelled something or conjugated your verbs wrong and what not.

English is my second language so it used to bother me a lot. I allowed them to put me down that way. Then one day I came across scans of manuscripts by two of my favorite authors William Faulkner and Ernest Hemingway. I loved the notes that they put on the manuscripts but then I notice all the freaking typos that they had.

I felt vindicated.

A friend of mine had to cast the perfect sentence, yet he wanted to write stories. He would struggle for days writing two sentences and after a month would forget the initial thrust of his story and give up.

No , IG. I not buyig the PC middle school sloganeering of the anti whites. Go to Metapedia for a realistic definition. On your way there , you might want to visti ancient Solutrea. WPWW.

Not interested in your propaganda.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:38:38 PM
Yes, there are people who use it as an insult or put down..others only as gentle guidance..probably easy to confuse the two..hyper-sensitive people may feel that any input is questioning Their right to live or have been born..see absolutely everything as an attack or insult..it's not easy to know the intent of another person, or to read minds.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:42:18 PM
Then curiously you may also have the person who feels superior because they are the "creative type", who need not be concerned with trifles like grammar or spelling. That's the concern of their lessers, flunkies & minions, to correct. They are on another, higher plane..far above all that nitpicking detail. But may, or may not, actually be very creative.
 Coma_White
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2016 4:02:19 PM

Some people fail to understand that for some forumites English is their second, third or fourth language. Therefore grammatical errors will be made. To encourage more participation we should be more accepting and tolerant of others instead of ridiculing or making derogatory remarks.

In my experience, people that speak English as a second language can spell better and use better grammar than native English speakers.
 gtomustang
Msg: 35
Grammar,what big posts you have
Posted: 4/20/2016 5:30:17 PM
My father was white collar, so in my youth there was a focus on presentation--spell correctly, tie a full Windsor knot for school, etc. As a wannabee writer, oh yeah, I pay attention to the words y'all use (feel comfortable now?). But, I realize some are ESL. and I love foolin' around with words as much as readjusting the titles, so I have no leg to stand on to criticize what other people type on a page--er, screen. so i'll let "sometimetimes" slide by :)

sometimes in life, the idea or the point is what's important. Other times, its the salespitch or presentation.

on to your second point--there's a way to criticize, and a way to teach. either you know what I mean, or don't care, so I won't spend a paragraph making the point.

A biological child should get some attention, but maybe not 24/7. sometimes its good to learn that life doesn't offer up everything. Adults might be biologically grown up, yet not mature. In the same vein, and a different one, its not automatically bad to deny an adult attention. Heck, some people date specifically for validation.

putting up walls: its amazing what trouble our ego gets us into. makes me think of a line from the movie, "strange days", something along the lines of "Lennie, listen to me and don't be thinking about what you're going to say next." learning how to LISTEN, not just HEAR, is a skill indeed.
 cotter
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2016 6:16:02 PM
Message 7 ...
You know, I took 8 high school English classes and a university class in English. But it was all literature, no basic grammar or spelling.

I have friends who grew up in the exact same school system that I did, but still speak as if they never had the same English grammar classes I had when I know for certain the same things were taught in all Columbus Public Schools.

Even though I took college prep courses which meant a lot of literature and composition courses, we were still expected to use proper grammar in our themes that we wrote. We were graded on it as well as the content of our themes.

My mother was an English and French teacher ... and expected us to do well in school in language classes. I still can't even bring myself to call my children 'kids" ... because they are children ... not baby goats. (That was something my mother pointed out to us while we were still in junior high school.)

I am less concerned about what people write in the forums and more concerned about how a gentleman talks and presents himself in real life situations ... his emails to me or phone calls to me.

I already know that I would not be able to tolerate a man saying "I seen this" or "I done that" ... ... well you "git" the drift.

I can be friends with people who talk like that although it hurts my ears, but would never be able to tolerate that at a relationship level. I somehow cannot imagine anyone whispering sweet nothings of that kind of illiterate ignorance in my ear ... sigh.

Spelling is a big indication to me whether or not a person takes their writing seriously and/or can also indicate that they just don't care what impression they leave on others. In these days of "spell check" there is really very little reason for really horrible spelling errors.

Also, any man who writes in "text" using "i" instead of "I" or "u r" instead of "you are" or "bc" instead of "because" ... will not get an answer back from me. Likewise, if they do not realize that there is at least one space after the punctuation mark at the end of sentence before they start the next sentence ... well all of it is really nothing but the height of laziness and I don't want that in my life. If they are too lazy to do that, what else are they too lazy to do?

I text with my family and friends all the time, but never use the shortened versions of any word. Why should I? I've never been in that big of a hurry to send a message ... never been that lazy.
 samsidney
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/20/2016 7:51:16 PM
DeeTristate is responsible for the recent nukings here. It was clear that neither Cassie nor Bigguysal respected her in the least and both disappeared the same time and day. The only commonality between Cassie and Bigguysal was dee. Otherwise completely different posters and opinions. Then Blue and missmgregor again disrespected deetristate and they both disappeared today.

Dees posts indicate she is intolerant and authoritarian.

She has many profiles and uses them to report the profiles of those she does not like.

Be careful out there. See these low quality people for what they are.
 daynadaze
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:02:54 PM
Metapedia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with meta.wikimedia.org or Matapédia (disambiguation).
Metapedia Metapedia English logo.png
Metapedia logo
Web address English main page
Slogan The alternative encyclopedia
Commercial? No
Type of site
Internet encyclopedia
Registration Optional (required only for editing)
Available in Hungarian, German, English, Spanish, Swedish, Romanian, Estonian, French, Slovak, Czech, Portuguese, Norwegian, Croatian, Danish, Greek, Dutch
Content license
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
Owner NFSE Media AB, Linköping, Sweden
Launched 26 October 2006; 9 years ago
Alexa rank
Increase 60,158 (June 2015)[1]
Current status Active

Metapedia is an electronic encyclopedia which states that it focuses on European culture, art, science, philosophy and politics. It contains far-right, white nationalist, white supremacist, white separatist, antisemitic, and neo-Nazi[2] points of view.[3][4][5] It was officially launched on 26 October 2006 with the Swedish-language edition.[6][7] The English section was launched on 28 April 2007.[6][8] The Hungarian version has the most articles: 144,189 as of 27 September 2013.[9]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well this explains where you get your info. So what does it have to do with proper use of grammar, etc.?
 Onyx49
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:09:20 PM
MSG-37
Who da fcck are you...this is the first time you've posted in the forums...you come in and don't address the topic, just start attacking people ???

How do you know about who was who...or about anything else going on here...if you're not another shyster with a profile you've stashed away...damn...here's another one.....

EDIT-Below

Oh...it's you...well don't be a stranger.....
 samsidney
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:18:09 PM
Just stopping by for a visit onyx. Don't get yourself all worked up over it.
 oj126
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:34:58 AM
Not a bad "line card" for Metapedia. Dayna , Your information is derived from competing Wikapedia. Viewers of both sites are free to opine and contribute. Yes , this and many other Alt Right sites are where White Nationalists relate , communicate and educate. WN's and the Ultra Right are a fragmented group ; one key common thread , the dire need for a Homeland. Separation.

Relating to grammar , satire and assertive communication? You , personally may not approve of a distinct White Society. That's more than fine. I'm sure you are welcomed in the multi cult world. However , I chose another path. I'm not alone ; media such as Metapedia unites us and gives information to sustain our survival. So , I come to the message board intellectually armed and dangerous. Not only with good grammar and writing skills , but enough assertive communication to really get attention because , you see , White Survival Matters.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/21/2016 7:17:06 AM
Spell check only flags spellings that don't exist. It doesn't help the confusion many people have with homonyms.
For example, I see people write "test your metal"..when they mean "mettle".
Probably more people write "discrete" when they really mean "discreet", than those who write it correctly
 oj126
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/21/2016 7:27:19 AM
Ever wonder what kind of "spontaneous art" / assertive communication could aspire from the new gubmint currency? You do realize the money can be transacted as long as the serial number remains visible?
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:48:05 AM

I chose another path. I'm not alone ; media such as Metapedia unites us and gives information to sustain our survival. So , I come to the message board intellectually armed and dangerous.

Metapedia is an electronic encyclopedia which states that it focuses on European culture, art, science, philosophy and politics. It contains far-right, white nationalist, white supremacist, white separatist, antisemitic, and neo-Nazi[2] points of view.

In other words propaganda.
 daynadaze
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:50:44 AM
A made up group of people who have no clue, and you want their usage of the definition of Native American, could that be more laughable.
 deetristate
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/21/2016 9:38:45 AM
I am native american.

na·tive
'nadiv/
noun
a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth, whether subsequently resident there or not.
"a native of Montreal"

A·mer·i·can
?'mer?k?n/
adjective
of, relating to, or characteristic of the United States or its inhabitants.
"the election of a new American president"
noun
a native or citizen of the United States.
the English language as it is used in the United States; American English.

Onyx- her accusation was so off the wall . . just blah,blah, blah
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:32:45 PM
I'm not a fan of colonization, or any of the things that go with it. But that's just my personal taste.

Oj126: What do you propose doing with Native Americans? Or with any other non-Caucasian people who were born in the United States? I'm interested because they're not white, but they are "native" to the U.S.
 Onyx49
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:37:49 PM
Seriously...why do you people keep entertaining this damn fool...he's a RACIST...the fcck'n end....
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:51:16 PM
^ Sorry, I don't mean to cause sh*t, I just have an interest in the workings of deviant minds. I've actually never encountered anyone with his belief system before - or if I have, they certainly didn't express their beliefs around me.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:56:08 PM
Most likely he thinks along the lines of early settlers/invaders from Europe. That there is a "Final Solution".
Einsatzgruppe to make Lebensraum for the Weißvolk.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Grammar, "attention seeking", and assertive communication.