Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Grammar, "attention seeking", and assertive communication.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Grammar, attention seeking, and assertive communication.Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
So you take native, then American, and somehow think that is the same as the definition of Native American? How's that work?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 52
Grammar, attention seeking, and assertive communication.
Posted: 4/21/2016 10:35:01 PM
Whatsamattabby- I got a perfect score on the reading comprehension portion of my entrance exam into nursing school.
I've always made A's in English and literature.
However, I don't try to post grammatically perfect.
The world might possibly end, because I agree with Dee. Pointing out such things is usually only done when someone is loosing an argument. (I have been guilty of it, but rarely and usually when I allow myself to get into a pissing contest with someone, something I TRY to avoid)
Assertive communication: Who hasn't been guilty of that at least once?
Off topic is pretty much the wild west forum, so if you are going to post here, you better be ready to put on your big girl/big boy pants and deal with it.
Nominating a thread for elimination: I only do it if the person is truly guilty of baiting, posts a redundant thread or something off topic to the thread.
In five years here, I've only nominated threads for deletion a max of maybe a dozen times.
It pays to do a thread search before you post AND to check out all the forums before you post a thread.
I remember when I first posted here thinking "Dang, that was harsh, or Where did THAT come from?" Now I know that posting a thread means being prepared for both the good and the bad, because you WILL get both!
 Walts
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/22/2016 4:24:24 AM
We notice grammar a little more in this world because of places like these forums, profiles, FB, etc. Either/or, the written word is just another form of communication. If I can read and comprehend, no problem. If I can't understand what the phuck someone is trying to say, no matter how well the words are spelt, I would have to assume bat shiat crazy is at the other end of keyboard.

You do have a couple of examples of this bat shiat crazy in this thread OP.
 oj126
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:52:29 AM
Bat shiat crazy or a clueless reader? Opines are like rear ends. We've all got one.

Whatsamatta , so you are asking what I would do with non whites? Nothing. I can't do anything to anyone , everyone has the right to exist.

Although commonly referred to as "wayciss" , I have successful relationships with non whites. Most of my interaction is through business ; I assure you no one has ever been cheated or walked away disappointed. One acquaintance recieved a scholarship to a segregated University (all Black) through my facilitation. That said , I feel cultural amalgamation has been a dismal failure. The 3rd world is moving to the 1st. En masse. Long story short , there are less Whites. Look around. Our culture is on the decline. Many Whites are voting with their feet and self segregating to the American mid section. Blacks are relocating to the deep South. Atlanta , being the capital of a self proclaimed "New Africa". All in all , a massive exodus of Blacks and Whites from the "mexifornia" area has led to the cafeteria principle of demographics ; like seeks like. For those wishing to culturally dieversify , the big cities will always be a mixture , think detroit , chicago , memphis all being under the ospices of the UN ; sharia perhaps?

So , mine is not a position of hate , just one of isolation. On a global level , we see Eastern Europe emerging as a giant. The possibility of a Baltic State or Slavic Union is stronger than ever before. The prospect of a succesful "Baltia" give prosperous US Slavs a stronger sense of identity and a promise of a Homeland. My answer to the war on White , Christians is to self segregate and NOT radicalize ; again , stop the hate and separate.

Inner Gorilla , Yes. I'm a little old now. However , the opportunities for Whites in Eastern Europe are limitless. Soon , ALL SLAVIC NATIONS will withdraw from the EU. One way or another , multi cultis will have to accept the role of the global resistor.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:08:13 AM

Baltic State or Slavic Union is stronger than ever before. The prospect of a succesful "Baltia" give prosperous US Slavs a stronger sense of identity and a promise of a Homeland.

So in plain language, you're proposing an all white state in the Baltics and call it a Slavic union? That means that you would emigrate back to Europe and live happily ever after.
 deetristate
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:32:22 AM
How does it work that people who are not of a tribe have fewer rights or freedoms or not as righteous. Maybe that is not what people mean by the reference. But I, 7-8th generation, am as American as anybody here now or in the past.

I could claim what you define as native american on my mother's side- her grandfather- but what's the point? I'm not looking for 40 acres and a mule either. Just let black schools have the same teachet-student ratio and the same equipment and pick up the trash, pave the street and fine out of compliance landlords and overcharging selling bad food bodegas as often as in other places.

Several families I know left California because they feel like foreigners in their own country. Same with D.C.
 Onyx49
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:52:04 AM
I still don't understand why everybody keep trying to reason with a valid and permanent racist...or even follow along with his insanity...

Atlanta, the new "AFRICA"...I have never heard anybody say that in my life...except this self proclaimed racist...the same one many of you keep socializing with.

At some point, one must decide if you want to be a progressive and move forward...or fight to maintain, or re-create the past...clearly this damn fool thinks, if you're not white you're nobody and wants everybody white to adopt his way of thinking.

I am sick of this racist...his ideas, his hate, his words...people like him don't exist in my world...nor should he in anybody's that consider themselves non racist....
 oj126
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:15:03 AM
Too bad Onyx , your own kindered have proven you incorrect. Check out the mayor of Jackson , MS and his directive. I personally applaud his quest for Black Liberation as a balkanized country will lead to a more fiscally sound Nation for Whites as well. The endless mantra of wayciss gets old and quick ; Chokwe Wemumba or Harv Johnson , if you prefer , migrated to Jackson from detroit. His basic contention being that Blacks will do far better by being afrocentric and basically ignoring Whitey. Works for me as well. Again , stop the hate..........you seem very teste lately.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:43:38 AM
^ It's kinda like "I have a dream", but in reverse. I tried to figure out how this could work, and all I can picture is you on the world's tiniest island - maybe like a sand bar or a rock - all by your blissful little white self.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:10:39 AM
I suppose if ever in an emergency situation of life or death and the ER doctors or any nurses are "of color" he'll say, I want to wait for a whites-only team. Reject the EMTs if of color or Latino.
 gtomustang
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:11:43 AM
well, it got tried once, and they just couldn't be left alone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre

colleges segregated by race or by gender have been tried, the idea being students typically ignored for all the wrong reasons might do better in class. how well it teaches them to do in a world that doesn't play fair, well, i'll bet someone can find a study. In lower grades, it seems the separation occurs naturally:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/american-schools-still-he_n_1901583.html

would a town or island of people do well if they aren't properly educated? I'm sure that can be debated--even farmers can sometimes make a living. or maybe there's enough room in, say, the entertainment industry for "black movies" for "black moviegoers", "Latino style music" for a "Latino crowd", and sometimes the art crosses over, say like in the Jazz or Blues Eras of our grandparents.

but not everyone wants to make a living entertaining. Should software programmers only make "girls games" or "Oriental-friendly games"? should accountants only work for "their" industry?

back to the question about grammar...I figure it for the olive oil browned mushrooms on top of the steak. not necessary, but nice if they are there.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:23:38 AM
If the grammar is sufficient to make the message understandable, that's the most important thing. Complete abandonment of grammar principles can render something gobbledygook, or perhaps to mean something quite different to the reader, than the writer may have intended.
Examples of the importance of punctuation.
1. Eats, shoots, and leaves. Vs. Eats shoots and leaves
2. Not getting any better, come home. Vs. Not getting any. better come home.
 daynadaze
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:37:29 AM

I still don't understand why everybody keep trying to reason with a valid and permanent racist...or even follow along with his insanity...

It isn't that anyone is really trying to reason with the white supremacist stuff, it's that when you say something online in a forum where others can reply, you are going to get a reaction. This stuff should of course just be ignored and it would eventually go away, but you know, we have opinions and it comes out. You often do the same thing, just say things to get a reaction, then sit back and laugh at those who reply, even though you know they have a good reason to reply. This is common on sites where there's no mods to take care of it, and many who do this stuff have been banned, just to come back under another name and do it again, and again, and again. They obviously get something they need out of it, or they wouldn't do it.

Then there is the other side, maybe he really believes this stuff he states, so it's open for a discussion. But mostly what he states is not his own opinion, it's just stuff he's taken from some supremacists sties and is parroting, so it's not really a discussion at all. Sound bites you steal but don't source is not really a discussion, it's simple parroting, often without even understanding what you are saying.

Dee, that has nothing to do with taking two different words and trying to force them to mean a completely different usage. You can keep repeating it, but it's still wrong. It's not even just a difference of opinion, it doesn't work because it's wrong.
 Onyx49
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:40:34 AM
MSG-58

Listen damn fool...nothing a Racist...son of a stupid##### sez is worth listening to...let alone believing....further, you don't know my kindered, you're a racist douchebag...they are better then you, and would never be around such a damn fool like you.....

MSG-63

When people tolerate RACISTS...it's hard to tell what side they are on...continue at your own peril..........
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:43:46 AM
To be sure, grammar can confuse meaning at times. Like the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse". Thankfully, the context usually helps to sort out the meaning.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:04:58 AM

so you are asking what I would do with non whites? Nothing.

Since you are one of the crazy Hitler's follower, that answer is not true.
In your mind you are sending ALL non- whites to an " Extermination Camp". ..just you can't say that loud and you know that, that's why that small group of "crazy" are hiding.

One day somebody that know about this stuff, what talking to me about that Hitler's group that is spread all over the world, {hidden} I didn't believe him, but now that I am paying attention to this crazy man here in the forum, maybe he is right about it.
 CaliforniaTiger01
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:40:35 AM
Here is a joke to help lighten the mood.

All white people are racist, have good credit, and they like mayo.

j/k

Happy Earth Day everyone.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:49:08 AM

So you take native, then American, and somehow think that is the same as the definition of Native American?

LOL.!!

But I, 7-8th generation, am as American as anybody here now or in the past.

No, 2+2 is NOT=5

You are born in North America that makes you Afro-american, but NOT NATIVE AMERICAN.!!
And Afro-American is the way all the countries call it, like it or not.!
Be proud of your roots...The end.!!
 deetristate
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:02:39 AM
Typical liberal. Trying to dictate what I am to me. But let me say that Bruce is still a man and all breaks loose. You people kill me! LOL!

Then she says, "be proud". If that is not typical condescending liberal, I'm not a black. . . . native american.

I am a native american. I was born here, 7-8th generation. No one ever was or ever will be more American.

All you new immigrants and children and grandkids of new immigrants may not like it but . . . well, I can't help your guilt and inferiority complex.

There is nothing "afro" about me. I used to wear an "afro." Black, yes. Couldn't and wouldn't want to deny that.

Again, you people kill me.

By the way, 7th generation on one side and 8th on the other.

caballerosiempre
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:08:10 AM
Another good joke

Lots of black people like Harriet Tubman were born in the land of liberty, home of the free, and forced under threat of violence and death to work for nothing for men like Andrew Jackson, and others. And he could spout off the constitution, "all men created equal.."etc., , with a straight face..gadam that's hilarious sh1t.

If that's a free democracy, how would you know what a dictatorial police state looks like?
And when you have heavily armed troops in place of neighborhood cops on the street..militarized "police forces"..?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:22:44 PM
I had to check and recheck.. the Poster who is claiming to be white.. Darlin not in my book.
Grammar can be adapted. Attention seeking is a learned act that only behaviour mods ( IE ignoring the person)
 daynadaze
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:32:25 PM
I do not tolerate racists, I also do not own the site, and who are you to suggest that I am in peril, are you threatening me?
 _babblefish
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:40:16 PM

Typical liberal. Trying to dictate what I am to me. But let me say that Bruce is still a man and all breaks loose. You people kill me! LOL!

Then she says, "be proud". If that is not typical condescending liberal, I'm not a black. . . . native american.

I am a native american

then why are you disingenuous on your profile? you list your ethnicity as "black" i suggest you change it to
"Native American" . . calling yourself something you aren't may suggest you are mentally ill, "LOL"
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:51:01 PM

Atlanta, the new "AFRICA"...I have never heard anybody say that in my life

Actually Atlanta is becoming the new Hollywood and the Nashville of Hip Hop.
 deetristate
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/22/2016 1:16:15 PM
I described myself as black.

What are you writing about?

No need to make up things.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Grammar, "attention seeking", and assertive communication.