Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you really think its possible to get to know someone through messa      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Do you really think its possible to get to know someone through messages through Here?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"He was born and raised in Kentucky, has a distinct accent. She smiles as she speaks of him, and his accent? Nooo problem."

I once hopped a train and went out of state to meet a gal from the internet (back when that was a new thing and everyone figured i'd wake up in ice with my kidneys gone) just b/c she had a carah-linah ak-ceeeent.

oh, OK, she had snail mailed me a photo and she had big boobs, too. I mean, i'm not totally superficial.
 scgirl647
Msg: 75
Do you really think its possible to get to know someone through messages through Here?
Posted: 12/11/2016 4:22:16 PM
It's really off putting for a guy to ask to meet you within the first few days of messaging....
 prime ribb
Msg: 76
Do you really think its possible to get to know someone through messages through Here?
Posted: 12/19/2016 5:13:27 AM

It's really off putting for a guy to ask to meet you within the first few days of messaging....

Why? Aren't we here to meet people? It seems that some on these sites lose or forgot the purpose of online dating. You message a person, you and that person establish communication and within a few messages or so numbers are exchanged with intentions of setting up a face to face meet.

I'm not naive. I know that there are cases of crazies who lure unsuspecting people to get robbed or raped and killed. Now it doesn't happen to just women. There are men who are victims of online dating crimes. Should we stop partaking in dating sites? No. Should you be cautious? Yes but not cautious to the point where you're paranoid and don't trust anyone. That's not healthy. I'm not saying the answer is to be naive but why continue a conversation for months when you have no intention of meeting the person you're exchanging messages with? The minute someone says, they don't give out their number, I move on.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2016 2:46:07 PM
I dont agree, I think to meet as soon as possible is the way to go. Why waste time messaging back and forth. It is the physical encounter that counts and you can figure out whether you are going to be a match of some kind soon, without building up a fantasy picture of each other, have high expectations only to be disappointed when there is no chemistry. I do think that you need to exchange numbers in order to hear the voice and if something goes wrong and you
cant show or he cant.

What is offputting is when a guy gives out his number within the first message and wants you to call. That is too eager and we do need to suss some things out.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you really think its possible to get to know someone through messages through Here?