Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > NEED REVIEWS!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DarthSkywalker80
Msg: 16
NEED REVIEWS!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Forums_only,
It seems to me that you have the biggest issues with my profile even after the changes I made.
You're just nitpicking now.
 Forums_only
Msg: 17
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:42:26 AM

Forums_only,
It seems to me that you have the biggest issues with my profile even after the changes I made.
You're just nitpicking no

It would be nitpicking if there were only one line of negativity, but you have half a profile devoted to silliness that makes YOU appear negative. If you choose to leave it this way, I really don't care. I have no emotional investment in your success here. I can only tell you what I've been told by (literally) hundreds of young women on these sites who complain about the negativity, demands, etc. they read in profiles and avoid them. Your call, of course.

You could have had so much potential but stopped halfway through. Good luck.
 2ufo
Msg: 18
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:44 AM

Forums_only,
You're just nitpicking now.

Do you want a woman to, maybe, decide you're 'ok' or do you want to 'wow!' her?
It's your choice to accept our advice or not, but you asked for reviews.
 DarthSkywalker80
Msg: 19
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:22:54 AM
I'm sorry if I sounded snappy and that wasn't the case. I appreciate the help. I'm just confused because some changes may be good but some aren't good enough and I'm getting a headache.
 Scaretale
Msg: 20
view profile
History
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:56:47 PM
Dude, your profile was solid, and now you've cut it all up to appease some people who don't even have fun profiles themselves!

Here...I was bored at work and re-wrote yours to give people an idea of how to take bio facts and make it a little more interesting. Obviously you should tweak it to fit:

During the day, I run top secret missions with the Department of Homeland Security, but in my free time, I enjoy pursuing my passion for film and TV - not watching, but being behind the scenes. Bringing together writers, actors, soundtracks, etc is the ultimate rush, and hearing the stories that inspire the scripts makes every day different. Someday, I'm going to give Spielberg a run for his money, but right now, I'm happy producing a weekly teen dance show on PhillyCAM called "City Beatz." These kids have some great moves - lucky for them they don't play some MJ or Prince on the set, or I might have to step up and serve them! j/k...maybe...;-) My long term goal involves opening up a studio in the Philly area to help give youth their start on being future filmmakers, so it would be great to find someone who loves music and kids as well.

I love working out and staying fit, but I'm not a complete health nut. There are still a few nights a week I have to fall back into the couch and unbutton my jeans, because I couldn't help myself from eating those last 3 slices of pizza. Mmmm...are you going to eat that crust?

There's a bit more to me, but I'll save that for the awkward interview, otherwise known as the first date. Actually, I'm pretty friendly, have a crazy sense of humor, and get along with just about everyone...well at least until they realize that I "conveniently" forgot my wallet. lol...j/k ;-)

PS - I have my preferences, but asides from 420 and Knicks fans (haha), I don't really have a big list of deal breakers. Sometimes, the people we don't think we'd click with make the most interesting dates.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 21
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:21:51 PM
What is weighlighting?
You look much different in the Main than the others ( pity the animal one is so dark as you look great in that one)
What if she drinks?
What if she has to take drugs for some illness?
I'd lose the age restrictions, POF has a 14 year range anyhow.
I'd tighten up the first date ( first meet so don't know about dining with a total stranger_ Bless you for saying a CLEAN restaurant lol. I'd hope so.
Where do you like clubbing? It's often little details than make the connection :)
JMO Good luck.
 Forums_only
Msg: 22
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:46:04 PM
The rewrite in message # 28 gives your viewer the same information without the whining negativity your current version throws down, adds detail and humour to actually sound like you'd be fun to spend some time with instead of complaining about everything.

Can you see the different in the tone/language?? Your current profile doesn't match that great smiling main photo. THAT guy looks like fun, but he sounds like a wet blanket.

Take the rewrite and make it yours if you like. I really think a shift in thinking is needed to present who you are. Unless, of course, you are that picky fussy negative guy. Hope not...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 23
view profile
History
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 6:36:33 PM
You have a nice open face but a relationship under one year at 35?? That would wave a red flag for some.. Your pictures and stats are what count initially. Keep the language positive though throughout your profile and stick to just general details. Don't mention where you work or that you are not so happy there.

BTW Why would you applaud those who use drugs but don't indulge yourself? Take that one out I would suggest.

You have only been here a few months and you need to be patient, do a lot of contacting and play the numbers game. If you are contacting really hot looking women chances are they are fakes or flakes. If you make contact, get them to agree to meet within a week or two and don't arrange an expensive dinner first up. If they are reluctant to talk on the phone or make a meet date, move on.

DarthSkywalker80
Msg: 24
NEED REVIEWS!!
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:38:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the reviews(and for the revision ideas). Time to go in with the lions and come out victorious. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > NEED REVIEWS!!