Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^
Next time, bring your own lighter. :-D
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 79
view profile
History
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 8/6/2016 12:00:17 PM

Many years ago a guy that I knew in real life asked me out on a date. I didn't know him well but we had crossed paths a number of times at the university I was studying at (he worked there in an administrative job). We had planned to go out for dinner and then when the time came for him to pick me up he was a no-show. I tried phoning him several times to see what was up and after about the third attempt he picked up the phone. He then proceeded to inform me that he had been depressed lately and had just taken an overdose of prescription meds because he wanted to kill himself. I immediately called an ambulance and went to check in on him later at the hospital to make sure he was okay. Needless to say no romance ensued. I felt very sorry for him and later on he told me how extremely grateful he was that I had been there for him that evening. We stayed in touch a bit as friends and months down the road he told me he had feelings for me and wanted to have a relationship with me. I had no romantic feelings for him whatsoever and had to turn him down. The dinner date that turned into the suicide attempt which resulted in the date being spent at the hospital. Good times.

We have a winner.

In the eighties, a guy picked me up for a date- and took me to wait with him while he got his car serviced.
In the early 90s, a guy I was on a date with told me he's just been released form jail for stabbing his ex's new boyfriend.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 6:03:20 AM
There was a bar in town called The Midnite Rodeo. On Thursday night its hip-hop night and we all called it the Rope-A-Ho Rodeo! Anyhow,I told her Id meet her but I wasn't going to be able to get there till about midnight (Had previous plans). As I was arriving she and a girlfriend are being shown out,they were both just Plastered! So we make our introductions right there and me being me I ask why they were getting kicked? I will never forget her words "Cause they don't like it when you stand on the chair and pull your clothes off!" . I bout died laughing I think more because of the way her arms flailed around as she was saying it! They both just gave me a weird look,you know that kind of look that says whats so funny. we pass a little time making small talk,while standing in the parking lot. Thats when I learn that her friend,who was in town for a night,was who was messaging me through the other's profile. Her friend was pretty good looking but wasnt who I thought I was meeting. So I say good night and turn to walk back to my truck when the friend says hey can you give us a ride back to her apt. cause we spent all our money inside? I thought thats an odd request but agreed to it. So I pile them in my truck,tell em to roll the window down because I dont have AC,also because I thought they might puke! and off we go. Shortly after getting going the friend leans forward and rests her forehead on the dash and Im saying are you Ok? I really thought she was going to blow chunks right there! She says she is fine just tired. But Im seeing either a passed out gal or a trip to the car wash to hose out. So I make it a point to hit every little but and ripple in the road all the way back to their place,to try to keep the awake. I had to help them both out of the truck,up the stairs and through her front door. The original girl,the one I thought I was talking with,takes 2 step in the doorway and drops to her knees and spreads out on the floor,her friend goes to the floor to check on her,I just pull the door shut and get the hell out of there!
Ever since then I am a lot more careful about meeting up with anyone from the internet!
 diaboloacetin
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 8:15:08 AM
Worst date I was ever on.

I am from overseas, and one year my family planned a trip back to visit the old country. In the meantime, I had met my future wife and were shortly engaged. My father was less than thrilled, he didn't like her at all. Due to the short lead time, she did not have the chance to get her passport ready, and so she didn't go with me. One day during the trip we went to visit a friend of my dad, and then decided to go to the movies. They also brought along my dad's friend 16 year old daughter, sat her next to me, and kept prodding me to talk to her. I was 26, and it was incredibly awkard. I mean, what do I ask? How's ninth grade going? So I just sat there in silence, totally embarassed. I really felt bad for the girl, I'm sure she felt worse.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2016 9:57:56 AM
A worst date is one leaving a memory you can't erase for the rest of your life.

I had a date with a latino, he was a respectable person in his community, nice truck, decent job, and he showed me pictures of his daughter and family. No red flags yet.

We went out to a dinner in a nice restaurant. I had met him at his truck in a parking lot and we drove in my car to the restaurant. He must have thought I gave out signals of being uninterested. On the return trip in my car, from restaurant to his truck, he pulled his****out of his pants, stroked it, and asked me to give him a blow job. Asked me to do him a favor since he knew I'd likely not want to see him again.

Looking back, I should have driven to the police station. I kept calm, ignored his request, continued to his truck, said goodnight and left. Gawd awful way to end an evening.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/12/2016 1:42:36 PM
Meal whore went to the restroom when the check arrived. She was filthy rich, easily capable of paying her way or bartering (she had tickets to upcoming baseball playoff games and football game). She was frigid, dull and whiny. Complained about how her mother and sisters got to be blonde with blue eyes and big boobs.

Seeing an ex while on a date: was at a park on a second date, and was walking with her to a scenic, romantic spot. Saw the ex talking with other people as we walked by them. Within a minute after we reached the romantic spot, my ex was a CB, walking quickly up to us and talking to me. One thing she said was, "Is that your mom?" My date was only one year older than the ex. Apparently she assumed a role as a Jewish mother, nobody good enough for me. The ex should have remembered that my parents lived thousands of miles away, and that I hate her and would never do anything with her. My date didn't show any reaction to the ex and her rude behavior. Saw the date one more time.

If you're friends with an ex and see them on a date, stay the **** away from them. If appropriate, ask about it later a day or two in email.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/12/2016 1:59:03 PM

Meal whore went to the restroom when the check arrived.

I've seen that happen a few times.

I would have paid anyway, but after witnessing that a few times, you start to wonder.

I've also seen a couple of women choose a venue where you order & pay before seating. Awkward as hell. I paid but I didn't even get a chance to sit down with them yet. Maybe I'm too cynical but I do wonder if those situations were scripted?

Going forward, I pay, I choose the venue.
 zonavar68
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2016 11:21:34 PM
My very first attempt at a date after seperating from my ex of 15 yrs! I was soooo frigid I could not touch the lady (she was beautiful omg couldn't believe I managed to even be in her presence) and I couldn't let her touch me either. I'm certain she wanted sex straight away. I'd been totally shut off from wanting sex (even self-pleasuring) for well over a year at that point and I don't even think I'd considered sex as an option.

I couldn't wait to leave. I actually stopped looking or asking women out on dates for a few months. Clearly it was too early after the breakup. I know it took me well over a year to really be able to feel confident about dating and that first date was about 6 months after seperating.

The second date was slightly better - met a lovely lady at a local cafe but she said within the first couple of minutes she felt no connection and that was the end! Another complete epic fail.

I don't remember anything about dating (or trying to) when I was in my mid-20's (when I met my ex), and I had absolutely nothing at all to do with women or dating in my teens. So when I split from me ex I was like "what the hell do I do! I've got completely no idea"... argh.

The wierd thing is that even now, several years after my ex, I don't want to be touched, and I am uber-resistance to touching. I'm ultra-scared to initiate anything! Not good as a 47 yr old guy.
 onlypureheart600
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/28/2016 3:16:25 PM
I invited a guy to go to a family wedding with me and while we were there he was hitting on two other women at our table I was mortifed.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/31/2016 2:10:20 PM
Had chatted with a guy for a couple of weeks. We decided it was time to meet. He kept saying we didn't need a date, he could just come to my house. Yeah, NO, that's not happening. So, we agree on a time and place to meet. Then he tells me that he has no job, money or car. I went and met him anyway. Turns out he was a recovering meth user, that had a rough childhood. He had never really had a real job, and was a hoarder to boot. It was one of the only times I wanted to use the restroom as an excuse to run for the door.

After the date he texted me to ask if he could see me again. I said no. He asked if he could possibly just have sex with me one time.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:13:09 PM
^ Well?? Was he any good?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/31/2016 5:58:33 PM
snorted my drink
How can someone without funds hoard? No, don;t answer - I have seen the TV show. Makes me go and toss out nearly everything.
Dead cats
There was a house full of dead, mummified cats.
That was a total pantry overhaul for me. I swear I was hey I haven't used this in 20 mins, gotta get rid of it.
Wish I could meet someone who hoarded large diamonds, or old Masters. No, it is cereal boxes and lint
In case there is someone with large diamonds or Art... message me :)
 Seki1949
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:11:53 PM
I horde US 5 cent pieces (Jeffersons; 25% nickel - 75% copper). They're worth about 6.5 cents for metal content. Some day the metal content value will rise enough so that the US government will demonetize them. When that happens the value of the metal content may double. Will I live long enough?

My older sister is my executor; I told her about them; she promised to throw them all out; I watched what she did with her husbands stuff.

Gawd, Sis, can't you just give each grand-kid 50 lbs?

Go to pick up an innocent object around my house and break your wrist. Always peek inside anything before trying to move it.
 Seki1949
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:16:37 PM
Worst date ever, surely me for some innocent souls. I use to be this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62T9ESyOtJo

I have matured! Would you like to see my nickel collection?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:48:02 PM

Would you like to see my nickel collection?

You know what I think? I think you're just a tease.
 GreatGal1977
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/1/2016 9:15:13 AM
My very first date on here. He looked about 20 years older and 50 lb heavier than his pics. He showed up in a very greasy T-shirt with lots of hole in it, lol. He smelled like he hadn't showered in two weeks or more. No kidding. Anyway, since it was my first date in a very long time I decided to give him a chance. Big mistake.

We grabbed a cup of coffee and sat at the bench at the Mall. I had to cover my nose all the time because of the smell. He kept on touching my thighs despite my protests. He asked me "don't you like it when I touch you?" Uhhh, I told him a gig NO to that. I finally had enough and left. I never felt so molested in my entire life.

And the best part is that he texted me that although he didn't think we had any chemistry he was willing to give me another chance. I blocked him from everything.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/1/2016 9:29:57 AM
He had previously did landscaping at an apartment complex. When people moved out and left stuff behind, he moved it in to his apartment. So, yay, free garbage people left behind... a hoarders dream!
 prime ribb
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/5/2016 11:12:06 AM
Worst Date was back in June. I met a 52 year old secretary who was sexy looking but had a stale personality. She was a woman who loved dating younger men. Her ex-hubby was 35 years old and we met a mature establishment and apparently she hadn't got over him because she wanted to listen to the current music and all that. So I tried dancing with her but when she started acting very distant and cold on the dance floor I walked out on her. The whole date lasted fifteen minutes.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/15/2016 1:10:10 PM

I invited a guy to go to a family wedding with me and while we were there he was hitting on two other women
at our table I was mortifed.

I had been dating a guy for a few years, so of course he was my date for my daughter's wedding.
I have no family myself, most of the people there were my ex's family and my daughter's friends.
I'm still friends with ex family, but of course they all had their own tables.

It ended up being one of the worst days of my life. He spent most of the wedding hanging out at the
bar flirting with the bartenders and the rest of the wedding being creepy and trying to pick up my
young nieces. I kept a smile plastered on and said my hellos, but I was very uncomfortable and I had
the feeling many there felt sorry for me, which made me even sadder.

It makes my eyes puddle to this day...thinking back what should have been a wonderful day and surely
was for my daughter, was one of my darkest. The combination of no family and a clown for a date
poked a hole in my normally cheery personality.

Anyways, I'm hoping if my other daughter gets married...I'll have a better date!
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/15/2016 2:17:04 PM
Two dates come to mind.

One was with this residential real estate woman that lived-worked in one of the most exclusive parts of town. She was blond, great looking and had a deep Southern Accent. I picked a restaurant in Buckhead that was maybe more expensive and more pretentious that I wanted, but since I love good food, I was game. I ordered wine, she ordered a mimosa.
Everything was working really good. We had great eye contact, touched and laughed on occasion, then I made the mistake of asking her about how was real estate in Atlanta.

What she was about to tell me really, really floored me. She said it was not as easy as it used to be because she spent way too much time trying to deflect nuvo riche black people from buying in the area. These were doctors, lawyers, extremely well to do African Americans that wanted to live in this area of town, and she tried as polite as a Georgia Peach to deflect them to move to more adequate areas of town. I realize during the conversation that she was a total racist.

I asked her at one point if she realized that I was Latino, Hispanic, and she said well of course, like Argentinian people so she was okay as long I never had slept with a person of collah.

I have a philosophy of always trying to have a good time on my dates, but from there on I shot down. My body language retracted, and my comments were shorts. When she offered to pay for half the tab, expecting for me to say the perfucttory, "no, no, I'll take care of it," I allowed her to pick half the tap.

When I got home I blocked her on the dating site and deleted her number.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 6:03:20 PM
scropioinoregon

How strange that the guy offered no conversation, even pleasantries. He didnt want to have to pay for a meal for you either it seems. Why do men bother to date when they know they are socially inept and will admit it?? This can be overcome with practise and some counselling. .
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 6:10:59 PM
Innergorilla

I tend to agree with you. I have had some dates or first meets, that went nowhere but in the main we had a pleasant time
and it is all experience. One or two lied big time but I still had a coffee with them and then made my excuses.

Never had the no show but I am sure it would have happened sooner or later if I had persisted long enough with online dating.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 6:18:23 PM
No job, money or car? You must have been bored to bother to show up with that guy. lol!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?