Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 151
view profile
History
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Feeding the trols is not the way to discourage them....
 aintnodeal
Msg: 152
view profile
History
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 10/6/2016 1:45:50 AM

he brings out cocaine... I said "No thanks and good night

I worked a night job at a restaurant for a couple of months...not fun at all. High turnover of employees, and one week I see this cute chick, we kinda locked eyes, did some flirting the next couple of times we were on the same shift, so I'm working up to ask her out.
I come in one night, she tells me "I have a surprise for you." After closing & cleanup we go out to her car, and I'm ready for make-out-city with this cute chick......and she pops open the glove compartment to show me some "joints".

Man, I can't remember a time in my life that my heart sank so low on a date. I don't smoke, I hate smoking, I hate drugs. I said "no", and I think my expression said a whole lot more. I left her car and never saw her again. It was like going to Disneyland and getting rained out right at the admission gate. I've experienced a number of unwanted revelations on dates...this was just to most disappointing of all.
 rdamiani
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2016 11:26:34 PM

When I was going thru my foreign chick phase...I dated a girl from Prague, we were in a restaurant in Vegas.
The waiter brought us the check before we finished eating and she slapped him, and said it was an unforgivable insult in her Country...yeah we were threw outta the place on our ear, and yeah I continued to see her...

I would have continued to see her, too. She sounds like a lot of fun.
 trista430
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/3/2016 8:42:23 PM
I waited 1 hour for the date to show up and then I had to drive 20 min
To meet him, he was very rude with his conversation and. Very selfish. He was the worst date ever.don't
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:38:40 PM
blasphemousbombshell
thanks for the laugh about your private parts.. lol!! I just got this really vivid picture. I dont know why the guy does not have a sense of humour about it all. He must truly be frustrated and enraged, as you say.
 HayStackDiver
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/6/2016 6:07:01 PM
I showed up for a date in SF, she had a three foot tall xmas tree on her head and was in a black leather dominatrix outfit, I told her I didnt have a sunroof on my car and didn't know a restaurant dark enough and If I had known I'd bring popcorn and some string.. but then the duffel bag came out and the "thought I was staying with you" came out as well... time to run...
 ohenryx
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 6:13:49 PM
Well, this is not the worst date I ever had. But it was very recent, and very bad.

Women has been widowed for 3 years. She and her late husband were joined at the hip, did everything together. And what they liked to do was skiing and sailing. She dated one guy who was a skier, but he wasn’t as good as her late husband. And she dated another guy who was a sailor, but, you guessed it, he just wasn’t as good as her late husband.

Check please!
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/8/2016 7:41:19 PM
hey stack... I know a guy who would really go for your date. maybe we should set the two of them up ... they would get along like a house on fire
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 8:39:39 PM
aintnodeal

you were ready for make out city with this girl already on short acquaintance which would have disappointed me I can tell you. If she was into drugs then you are a tart lol!! However it is hardly a tragedy and you just need to suss out the next prospective date and make sure she doe snot smoke or drink before you get all interested lol!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but I doubt you are anywhere near 5'11" If you are, then the picture does you no justice.

aintnodeal
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 8:44:08 PM

She dated one guy who was a skier.... And she dated another guy who was a sailor....

What?~? The least you could have done was complete your slalom in the little boat and get a review! The penalty flag is already out, you have a free shot to do anything - take it!

"Ma'am I operate a jackhammer"
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/11/2016 7:19:01 PM

I showed up for a date in SF, she had a three foot tall xmas tree on her head and was in a black leather dominatrix outfit

I think you were at Beach Blanket Babylon.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2016 7:51:38 PM

aintnodeal - you were ready for make out city with this girl already on short acquaintance

That is correct.

However it is hardly a tragedy and you just need to suss out the next prospective date and make sure she doe snot smoke or drink before you get all interested lol!!!

Not a tragedy, a disappointment. I'll keep your advice in mind WHEN I GO BACK IN TIME 25 YEARS.

Correct me if I am wrong but I doubt you are anywhere near 5'11" If you are, then the picture does you no justice.

In the photo I'm sitting on a wall. Any doubters are safe, since we will never meet. Even if we met - well - obviously it not an issue to a doubter if they showed up anyway. Not concerned that the photo isn't the best - it serves it's purpose.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:13:07 AM

Women has been widowed for 3 years. She and her late husband were joined at the hip, did everything together. And what they liked to do was skiing and sailing. She dated one guy who was a skier, but he wasn’t as good as her late husband. And she dated another guy who was a sailor, but, you guessed it, he just wasn’t as good as her late husband.

... and she dated another guy, and he has a mustache, but it wasn't Quite as bushy as her late husband's!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 3:11:01 AM
tart
A nubile young temptress, who dresses teasingly and provocatively.

If she was into drugs then you are a tart lol!!

?aintnodeal is a tart?
Surely not.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 10:41:14 AM
Not sure what my absolute Worst Date Ever was, but last night I had a pretty bad date that never happened, then turned out good.

Even though my profile says clearly that I am SINGLE BUT NOT LOOKING at present, I got messaged by a guy who seemed to be a pretty good catch.

He asked me if I just wanted to chat so I said ok.

Red flag SHOULD have been when he immediately asked for my phone number.

I told him that he should give me his first, and a best time to call. He did, so I called.

We had a nice chat that totally went well. During the course of the call he asked for a full length pic of me, which I did not have. I had to reassure him that I was not "fat" or hiding my neck for some reason. He later mentioned that he had wanted to see a Christmas Light walk through about an hour or so away in Oklahoma. I said I would like to go with him, but not on the first date. How about a meet up for last night (Sunday) just for a beverage at Fridays? He enthusiastically agreed to both. We were to meet at 6:00.

I went through a nice day, but missed my work out just so I could be on time to see him. About 4:00 I texted to confirm but heard nothing back. I freshened up, and went ahead to the meet anyway, since it was pretty close to my house.

At 5:59, just before I pulled into the parking lot, I got a text from him. It said "I am on my way to Oklahoma to see the light show. I completely forgot our engagement."

Since he bothered to text me that particular message, I doubt that he stood me up because he met someone else or because he was married. In either of those cases he would have sent an excuse, apology or nothing. I think he did it just to be mean.

I was dressed nicely, so I headed for another restaurant a little closer to my house. Ran into some friends and had a nice evening after all. My friend had an attractive full length pic of me in her cell, so we texted it to him to prove it was not "fat" or hiding my neck. We included the message "If you think it is too good to be true, it probably is."

Then I call and text blocked him. Blocked and deleted his POF messages.

I had a great evening, and went on home. Does anybody still wonder why I am no longer looking?
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:06:38 PM
^^^^

But...if you're "not looking", why did you bother arranging to meet him?

And according to your posting history, that's not you in the picture. So really, I think he dodged a bullet.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:35:07 PM
wrong word, what do we call the man.....a man whore lol!! player or just horny....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:36:38 PM
as for the height I am looking at the length of your limbs... however you are not going to meet anyone from here, so no big deal.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/12/2016 12:43:58 PM
To L_LuuLuu:

Maybe he saw you posting about your fake profile and fake pic.

FIRST OFF, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL MY FELLOW FORUMITES FOR NOT POSTING MY REAL PICTURE.

I have been “in hiding” from my own Narcissist ex “boy-friend” and didn’t want my own face on the site. I felt at that time that I might be in REAL physical danger. So (with her permission) I borrowed my BFF’s abandoned site, added my own info (except I couldn’t change the birth date). I kept her picture.

“Boyfriend” is gone now. Soon, I will post my own profile, with corrected birth date. I will use a similar screen name, and at least one of my current pics so, hopefully, you will remember who I am. I want to continue posting to the forums, but no longer wish to participate in any on-line dating.
So, I hope everyone here will forgive me. Thanks.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:03:27 PM

And according to your posting history, that's not you in the picture. So really, I think he dodged a bullet.

Maybe he saw you posting about your fake profile and fake pic.

Just want to clarify: When I started using the profile for forums, I used a friend's abandoned profile. The picture I used when I started posting was still HERS. The current pictures on the profile are mine. So that is me you are seeing. I published the real picture and the apology on the same date.

I am really glad this point was brought up, because I did not realize that there were those here who thought my current picture was the fake. I would not ever attempt to date anyone who expected me to look like someone else.

The text of the profile is now mine, except for the age, which could not be changed.

But...if you're "not looking", why did you bother arranging to meet him?

Good question

As per stated apology, I am not actively looking ON LINE. I am not actively looking anywhere for now. However, when this man messaged me, he appeared to be sincere, highly intelligent and someone with common interests. He also said that he was interested in friendship first and keeping things simple for a while. A plus for me since I am getting back into the dating scene with a good deal of caution this time.

I think he dodged a bullet

Maybe so, since I was expecting to take things slowly -- and it is possible that he was not. I also do not have time for people who "forget" definite plans.

It's possible that he was looking for someone to hop in the car with him and head for another state at first meet, but it is doubtful that that he did meet such a woman.
My phone log indicates that he attempted to call me 7 times after receiving my text. Blocked calls do show up on cell phone logs, so he was probably at home.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:26:10 PM
Well now you are in a pickle - some of us ( well me) will wonder who's pictures you are using now.
I don't get why you blocked him, nor sent the pictures to him - he fif tell you he had forgotten. People forget stuff. You know, stuff like who's photos am I using? :p
I would have given him the benefit of the doubt// btw by blocking him you realize he will think you are the issue not him
I;d have said no matter - ran into friends, we had a great time. Fab night - so it worked out perfectly for me. Hope you enjoyed the lights
See I am more than petty, I like to turn the knife
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:45:20 PM

See I am more than petty, I like to turn the knife

So, I see, Ouija. But that is ok.

I am using my own pictures.

I blocked him because I really don't need to hear from him again. The date was made on Saturday with an agreement to go see the lights in OK at a later date. The date was for the next day. The confirmation text came 2 hours before the date time.

If he was really that "forgetful", he would likely "forget" some future plans. It seemed like some sort of prank to me.

I get your point about him thinking that I was the issue since I blocked him after he was so rude. But I really don't care what he thinks -- if he can think lucidly at all. His behavior was really strange IMHO.

And, to you MZ _Informed, below. Nope! you really are "MZ_Informed". When I changed my picture, the picture changed in prior posts (before apology), too.

Mz_Informed
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:47:43 PM

Just want to clarify: When I started using the profile for forums, I used a friend's abandoned profile. The picture I used when I started posting was still HERS. The current pictures on the profile are mine. So that is me you are seeing. I published the real picture and the apology on the same date.

Yeah, nope. You were using that same picture well before you posted that rebuttal. Trust me, I remember the eyeliner/mascara fiasco.

I rarely post, but really detest obvious deception.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 5:19:40 PM
In my book, "Not Looking" is not equivalent to "Not Wanting to be Found".

So a woman who accepts a date from a man she wasn't looking for IS NOT violating her plan of not looking. Dunno if her profile makes this clear.

OTOH, men make understand the "Not Looking" statement to be similar to "No Players, No Cheats, No Married Men", meaning she's very susceptible to those types and responds eagerly to their advances.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2016 5:23:42 PM
You are correct, AintNO. I should have stuck to my original plan and not made any exceptions.

I did make an exception, and see what I got for my troubles?

My bad.

BTW: how did you get NOT LOOKING FOR A RELATIONSHIP OF ANY KIND on the INTENT in your profile? I don't have that option.

Does anyone else have any stories about Worst Dates?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?