Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 176
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
YOu misunderstood
I meant you were being petty
Hammertime
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 177
view profile
History
What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?
Posted: 12/12/2016 7:20:33 PM
Oh, Snap, Ouija!

I DID misunderstand! I thought you meant to say you weren't PRETTY.

I guess we all have our own set of standards. If you would be ok with a guy standing you up, that is fine.

But as for me, I don't tolerate this, so I blocked him.

To each his/her own.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/28/2016 7:27:03 PM
I finally met Whatsamatterbaby today.

I think she's still trying to post bail.

Always, always meet in a public place.
 sun___flower
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 8:05:02 PM
I KNEW you were under-age!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/29/2016 5:39:01 AM
Half - fun, spill the details. Make them juicy too pls.
I've not met anyone from the forums. Altho I did stalk Walts for awhile
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/31/2016 8:01:27 AM
Perhaps not the "worst date", but thought some people might be amused to read this recent trainwreck.

She called and suggested I go to her home the next evening. We could watch a movie. She took a couple minutes to reveal what the movie was, laughing while saying the name: 50 Shades of Grey (someone gave her the DVD a year earlier). I made some obvious joke not to expect to do the things in the movie. Neither of us had seen it or read the books. She lives with her mom, but would drop off her mom at a relative's home for the night.

A few minutes later she called again, asking if I would set up mouse/rat traps in her attic while there. She had heard footsteps in the ceiling. She suggested I bring a change of clothes and maybe take a shower at her place after being in the attic.

The next evening, I was just supposed to show up at a certain time. Not long before I would leave home, she sent me a text saying she was home, I could be there any time, that her mom was there! A wiser person would have rescheduled for when her mom actually wouldn't be home. I asked "Still seeing the movie?" She said yes, but on her laptop in the kitchen while she cooked for her family's Xmas get together.

Made it there in record time because there were literally zero red lights. Figured it would be best to finish the rodent traps first. As soon as I set down my "bad" sweatshirt, her dog grabbed the shirt and carried it into another room, a harmless ploy for attention. We put my coat in a room the dog wouldn't reach. What happened next wasn't as harmless.

As I had my back turned to bait a rodent trap, I heard a faint tinkling sound. Looked down/back to see the dog had his leg lifted and was "marking" my left foot! She gave me a towel to wipe my shoe and the cuff of my "bad" jeans while she cleaned the floor. The dog probably smelled my dogs and was leaving a message for them, fouling his own nest in the process.

Her attic was full of blown insulation with little pieces that stuck to me. Setting the traps was relatively uneventful.

It took a long time to start the movie because her laptop had a Windows update that took "forever" to complete. As we waited, her mom kept asking the same questions. The mom has Alzheimer's and apparently doesn't remember she just asked a few minutes earlier. The mom has acute hearing, able to understand what I said across the room no matter how quiet. When I said something about the mom, the mom heard. I whispered to the daughter, "Don't worry, she won't remember I said it".

Parents are the biggest ****blockers. My guess is her mom has the self control not to do what she did, but chose to be passive aggressive. Her mom was "always" in the kitchen with us even though there was a large TV and comfortable seats in the living room. It was already late; old people tend to go to sleep early, but her mom seems up and active 24/7. Even with the volume at max on her laptop, we could barely hear. Her mom continually ran water in the kitchen sink, rustled and removed the aluminum foil on top of dishes, and moved pots and pans. She also kept asking me the same repeated questions, asking her about the cooking, and asking us what we were watching. We kept "poker faces" when the movie had its occasional "adult" sections. At one point the daughter said to me, "Next time we watch at your place!" Ya think? There was talk of taking the laptop to her bedroom, but that didn't materialize, probably because of the cooking.

One of the three cats in her house is social. He spent a lot of time on the table and I played with him. At one point he walked onto the laptop keyboard, somehow setting the movie back about 15 minutes. It took a while to realize we had already seen this because many scenes are repetitive. She didn't mind as it gave her time to make progress with the cooking.

The mom's disruptions escalated despite a trick by the daughter: replacing her coffee with hot water. She kept moving items in the kitchen and asking rapid fire questions. Finally the mom's rearranging of items caused them to collapse, breaking a platter. The daughter shouted at the mom to get out of the kitchen, that she'd had it. A few minutes the mom barged through the closed/blocked other entrance to the kitchen, saying she needed an item.

Went home with some tasty desserts. My dogs sniffed me a lot when I got home, especially my left shoe. A text the next morning included "... had a good time ..."

It's no wonder I disagree with the people who claim watching a movie at someone's place means "something" will happen.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/31/2016 9:13:45 AM
That's a riveting tale mate.

I woke up one morning at her place and discovered her schnauzer had chewed a hole in the crotch of my designer undies.

They were my faves too. White with green Shamrocks and the word Patina embroidered on them (I need all the luck I can get in the sack).

Then there was the gal that conveniently left her earrings at my place and demanded that I drive them back to her place and leave them on her doorstep.

I left someone else's earrings there instead....

Hahahahahhahaa
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/5/2017 10:06:07 PM
You know that scene in Flashdance where she does that thing with her foot in the restaurant? Apparently it's illegal. Public indecency or some such.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2017 11:42:48 PM
yes that story beggared belief and she is up there with Innergorilla for the fiction writing.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 185
Maybe not the worst one...but it did come to mind....
Posted: 1/6/2017 12:11:29 AM
Several years back, I met a man at a bar for drinks. I was there first. Once he arrived, walked to the table and sat down, I noticed his hands. He was approx. 6 feet tall but his hands were somewhat small and the fingers were pointy. Additionally, he had long nails or at least what I thought was long for a man. I don't think he had any medical condition, it was just how it was. It freaked me out. Come on, pointy man fingers with long nails......I could not take it. We had a decent conversation and after one drink, I offered to pay the tab and left shortly thereafter.

Ok, maybe not the worst, but definitely remembered it......Ahhhh, stories I can tell my grandkids.....if I ever have any.....
 Maleman999
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:14:43 AM
^^^Maybe he used to be a she. People who transition can still have some characteristics of their former gender.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/6/2017 7:48:41 AM
Harmony failed to land a ring and is back in the game.

I saw you at Stonehaus without your bf.

All that time wasted on him...
 Whisky_River
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/6/2017 8:31:12 AM
Clooney!!
Why are you being so mean?
You must have broke up with your last one and now have come back...bitterer than ever.
Why the disparaging remarks to women?
Not that you were that much of a sweetheart before but...people were happy and encouraging for your situation and hoped you the best.
Each time...you found the one...hhmmmm
Why the finger pointing and extra snarky remarks?
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2017 8:40:58 AM

Clooney!! Why are you being so mean?

There does seem to be a difference in Clooney's recent postings. I think bitter is correct.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/6/2017 11:59:29 AM
Yeah, Clooney is bitter because I rejected him a few years back.......true story.

You'd think him having a girlfriend might make him want to be a better person......guess not. I have read his insensitive and mean sexual comments on threads....hmmm....what does that tell you? Enough said.

My BF and I are still together. I have always kept up on the forums here and there....decided to come back to actually post rather than just read.

[Maybe he used to be a she. People who transition can still have some characteristics of their former gender.]

Nooooooooo......I don't think that was it.....more like alien pointy fingers...even for a woman, the fingers were too pointy.....

Oh crap, look at that, I forgot how to quote properly....poop.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/6/2017 12:20:01 PM
Holy crap, you people are brutal.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:27:04 PM

Clooney is bitter because I rejected him a few years back.......true story.

Makes sense then...I guess...lol.

Welcome back ...to everybody.....just about all the blondes are back...yay!!

Eeeww...Long pointy fingers with long nails....gross!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2017 2:12:38 PM
Good to see ya here, Harmony.

Carry on............
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/6/2017 2:16:29 PM

Yeah, Clooney is bitter because I rejected him a few years back.......true story.

Here I thought it was because "I" rejected him. He was a renter back then for gods sake! What was I thinking...shudder~
 _babblefish
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/6/2017 2:16:43 PM
^ maybe the dewd with the long nails played classical guitar . .
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:30:26 PM

... failed to land a ring ...

Again with the ring?

Maybe you should ratchet back on watching "Say YES to the dress."
 forumslady
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/6/2017 8:35:35 PM
IReallyShouldnt- Re: Clooney.
I've noticed a difference too, since rejoining.
It's a bit bizarre to see someone I USED to count on for wit and/or thoughtful responses reduced to sounding like a man child confined to his mothers basement.
Oh, well. FYI- Male menopause is a REAL thing and I think we are seeing how it looks. :(
 SavoyFaire
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/12/2017 12:28:19 AM
If you ever have someone following you, drive to the police station. Let's see if he follows you there.
 Urs2discoverGTA
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 8:17:47 AM
I had my worst/strangest date ever last night.
He messaged me on a Friday evening and we exchanged 4 or 5 messages before giving me his mobile number . We exchanged a few brief text messages and agreed to meet in person on Sunday evening. He said he isn't much of a texter, so he would confirm our meeting Sunday afternoon and that was it. This seemed a bit odd, but it was the weekend, I was busy and didn't give it too much thought. I really had no information about him besides his first name, phone number and what he had put in his profile.
We met at a coffee shop and the first thing that hit me was the amount of cologne he had on. WOAH! We each ordered a drink from the counter and then he turned around, walking right out the door. It's winter and it's almost 9pm, so dark and chilly. I followed outside and said "Ummm where are you going?" He replied "To my car (pointing to his vehicle parked far across the lot, away from the building, in a dark corner with no lights or other cars). I have a phobia about meeting in places like this. I feel like people are listening to my conversations (there were only 3 tables occupied), so my car is a much better place." I said "It's much warmer inside and I don't really feel comfortable getting into a stranger's car. This isn't personal. It's just for my safety, until I get to know you." He got visibly agitated and said "What are you talking about? I'm not like that! My car is warm, there is music and we can speak in private. It's fine." I repeated that I just wasn't comfortable (as I'm thinking to myself .... who parks their car that far from the building at night in the winter?). He continues to go on about how ridiculous I'm being and that I should just get in the car. His behaviour was such that there was no way in hell I was going to get in his car. Since it was a nice evening (not too cold), I suggested we go for a walk instead (the road was well lit, with lots of car traffic and I was trying to be accommodating without appearing paranoid). He replies "You want to go for a walk? Fine!" He literally took 2 steps, stopped and said "I'm not doing this! I'm out of here." He didn't say another word to me and began to quickly walk to his car. I did the same. I looked at the time and saw that exactly 9 minutes had passed since I had left my car to go into the coffee shop.
After that bizarre behaviour, I don't even want to think what would have happened to me had I given into his pressure and got into his car.
LISTEN TO YOUR GUT LADIES AND GENTS!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 10:36:23 AM

LISTEN TO YOUR GUT LADIES AND GENTS!

I dunno -- I never liked that line. It actually gets people into shenanigans, as it can make you naive when someone is good a woo'ing. Yer gut will make things too comfortable when they really shouldn't be (but you have warm fuzzies! it has to be good, right?)... and sometimes people have hair triggers thinking things are worse than they actually are when they're not so much, etc.

He messaged me on a Friday evening and we exchanged 4 or 5 messages before giving me his mobile number . We exchanged a few brief text messages and agreed to meet in person on Sunday evening. He said he isn't much of a texter, so he would confirm our meeting Sunday afternoon and that was it. This seemed a bit odd, but it was the weekend, I was busy and didn't give it too much thought.

This by itself isn't weird. It's a little swift, but by no means living on the edge in the online dating world - lol. When people are in dating mode, they chit-chat with a lot of people, and some people like to go on and on and on -- uggh. Best to just chit-chat in person. Many guys and gals go by that notion. So some exchanges of messages, getting a #, exchanging some texts, then deciding to meet at a coffee shop -- that's 100% fine. Nothing weird there. For some people they'll get a "feeling" of "bad", sure. But some will get that feeling if they only chatted with someone every day for a week and (gasp) they wanted to meet.

And a lot of cologne -- that's irrelevant, though. But yeah, when you're not liking the guy or it getting off on the wrong foot -- yeah, the concept becomes more than "put a little too much on", when really, it doesn't mean anything. "Oh, yeah, this Hitler character -- he also wore too much cologne!" "Oh yeah, now it's settled. He's a monster! Only monsters do that!" ;)

We each ordered a drink from the counter and then he turned around, walking right out the door. It's winter and it's almost 9pm, so dark and chilly. I followed outside and said "Ummm where are you going?" He replied "To my car (pointing to his vehicle parked far across the lot, away from the building, in a dark corner with no lights or other cars). I have a phobia about meeting in places like this. I feel like people are listening to my conversations (there were only 3 tables occupied), so my car is a much better place." I said "It's much warmer inside and I don't really feel comfortable getting into a stranger's car. This isn't personal. It's just for my safety, until I get to know you." He got visibly agitated and said "What are you talking about? I'm not like that! My car is warm, there is music and we can speak in private. It's fine." I repeated that I just wasn't comfortable (as I'm thinking to myself .... who parks their car that far from the building at night in the winter?).

Even putting things in a fair perspective, like him motioning to go out the door in much the same way as if it was warm outside and you'd sit at a table out there -- and yes, both your cars are still warm since you just got there... and yes, some people purposely park Away from other cars especially in the winter to not get dinged by others: Him getting Frazzled that you'd rather stay inside? That's wack. He could be naive/self-centered thinking it's no big thang to lead you out there, not realizing that's not preferable for most people nor putting things in perspective. But him being a baby about it after being so non-chalant about going out there which one should know is a different/unique idea not a common one? Yikes.

His reaction like that seemed to reveal his intentions underneath it all, whether or not he was a wannabe-player or not -- isolate your target in 1-on-1. Get cozy with them, eliminate distractions and such in a restaurant/bar/coffee-shop... and in private, a great platform to make out some, etc. Of course the guy's an idiot trying to make everything happen Just-Like-That - lol. I'm sure his idiotic frustration is a by-product of his overall dating-scene frustration and not realizing how much he's become impatient with it all and out in left field. Yikes. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's the Worst Date You Ever Had ?