Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 26
Would you switch parties?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

You think that if Unions were to disappear there would still be generous maternity leave? You think workman's comp claims would stay large enough to get people through catastrophic injury without amassing colossal debt? Do you think assembly line workers should have to pee in a bucket again?

When I worked for Amtrak, the only time the non-union peeps got raises was after the Union got their members one. Had to keep that spacing, you see. The forty hour week isn't all that old: 75 years. . . . Child labor laws. . . . I think most 'murkins wouldn't much like living here minus the Unions. . . .

The corruption of Unions pales when compared to the corruption of Wall Street. . .
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Would you switch parties?
Posted: 4/30/2016 4:01:18 PM
If you want to see why there are unions, watch Matewan. I get fed up with unions & corruption, but the truth is, unions are good for the most part.

Would I switch parties, you mean would I throw away my vote to vote for Bernie if he were to run on the Green Party ticket? No, in fact hell no. This is nothing but an ad for the Green party by a person who does not live in the US and can't vote here.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:57:00 PM

Iraq and Persia were thriving paradises before British and Yank meddling in their affairs for oil.

Yes. Syria in particular was a beautiful, cultured country. :(
I've listened to Noam Chomsky tell about "acts of terrorism" as merrily acted out by the U.S./friends for decades. I'm too young to know much of what he talks about although I remember bits and pieces of TV programs. Hard listening.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/30/2016 10:26:10 PM
Inner Gorilla- (RE: post #7) Dang, I want to cheer, pretty much sums up how I feel, except for climate change.
I agree we effect the environment, up to a point, but a simple internet search will show you that the Earth has been in cycles of hot/cold since before man.
One thing you left out.........Free trade.
When it started, it was a good idea, but I believe it's out of hand and we are sending far too many jobs overseas.
 deetristate
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:01:45 AM
60,000 people, at least, switched from Dem to Repub in PA for the primary
What does that suggest?

Then there is this (Review of the new book by the author of WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH KANSAS):

""""""""The Democratic Party was once the party of the New Deal and the ally of organized labor. But by the time of Bill Clinton's presidency, it had become the enemy of New Deal programs like welfare and Social Security and the champion of free trade deals. What explains this apparent reversal? Thomas Frank—best known for his analysis of the Republican Party base in What's the Matter with Kansas?—attempts to answer this question in his latest book, Listen Liberal: Or, What Ever Happened to the Party of the People?

According to Frank, popular explanations which blame corporate lobby groups and the growing power of money in politics are insufficient. Frank instead points to a decision by Democratic Party elites in the 1970s to marginalize labor unions and transform from the party of the working class to the party of the professional class. In so doing, the Democratic Party radically changed the way it understood social problems and how to solve them, trading in the principle of solidarity for the principle of competitive individualism and meritocracy. The end result is that the party which created the New Deal and helped create the middle class has now become “the party of mass inequality.” In These Times spoke with Frank recently about the book via telephone.

The book is about how the Democratic Party turned its back on working people and now pursues policies that actually increase inequality. What are the policies or ideological commitments in the Democratic Party that make you think this?

The first piece of evidence is what’s happened since the financial crisis. This is the great story of our time. Inequality has actually gotten worse since then, which is a remarkable thing. This is under a Democratic president who we were assured (or warned) was the most liberal or radical president we would ever see. Yet inequality has gotten worse, and the gains since the financial crisis, since the recovery began, have gone entirely to the top 10 percent of the income distribution.

This is not only because of those evil Republicans, but because Obama played it the way he wanted to. Even when he had a majority in both houses of Congress and could choose whoever he wanted to be in his administration, he consistently made policies that favored the top 10 percent over everybody else. He helped out Wall Street in an enormous way when they were entirely at his mercy."""""""

Contrary to the old hippies and pseudo-feminist men (LOL) on here, people have to eat.

Obama continued the elitism of Clinton and Clinton will just continue the elitism of Obama.
(Wait,wait. What country is this? Let's just admit that the USA likes a ruling class and Americans should stop making negative remarks about counties with kingdoms)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:59:55 AM
Agree that the Dems have become more like the Republicans. But they're not there yet. So if you don't want to vote for the little brother of the Debbil, why vote for the Debbil himself?
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/1/2016 1:18:33 AM

Oops ... About that 'Trump effect :

Pennsylvania's GOP has welcomed just over 63,000 Democrats, independents, and third-party voters to the party between Jan. 1 and March 28

On the Democratic side, the party added about 41,000 Republicans, third-party, and independent voters who switched affiliation during that same period.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pa-trump-effect-voter-registration-0405-20160405-story.html
 oj126
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:10:35 AM
Many Blue Collar , Middle Class , Whites , mostly Male , have not voted for 8 years. Why , should we? Personally , I became a Trump voter from the American Freedom Party. The disenfranchised White Male is the New Republican. While Dee's figure of 60k seems correct , we just don't know how many abused Whites will sway the election , if at all. As a buffer to balkanization a Trump Presidency seems to assume Whites will remain in the mainstream as long as there is something on the table for us. Is there?

Although Donald has ignored WN's , he owes White Wingers consideration. We make up most of his base and I think it's time Mr. Trump had a sit down with White Leadership to discuss the future threat of non white immigration , his feet need to held to the fire. islamic immigration needs to cease from day 1 , as construction of the Wall as well. Internment centers need to be established for islamics and hispanics in que to be deported. Much needs to be done , a pro White VP needs to step up. Mr. Sessions , perhaps.

Trump possibly could maintain a United States for one or two terms. A hillybilly "anti white house" will lead to the formation of a White Nation. Again , organically formed , through migration and refusal to financially support any taxation with the exception of a local flat tax.

Personally , Whites have never had a better situation. If the White candidate wins , social services will sadly still be rendered. However , the playing field for us will be slightly leveled. A careful regulation of European immigration should balance our population somewhat ; the time is here , folks are chosing up sides. About time.............
 deetristate
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:33:53 AM
OOPS, about that OOPs

If 41,000 Republicans ALONE switched to Democrat, then those numbers may mean something.

Because it includes Repubs PLUS independents PLUS third-party, well, so?

60,ooo Dems ALONE switched to Repubs.

Adding the Independents and third parties switching to Repubs would probably make the number huge, HUGE, I tell ya.

Spin masters at mcall ALMOST had it that time....

A couple of other places say that Repubs added 92,0000, 63,000 of whom are former Democrats.
One of them says 91,000 new Repubs and 63,000 new dems.

Either way, more Repubs.

The margin?

I guess that it all depends on your source. As they say about statistics... well, you know.

--
People are probably sick of the devil they know and would rather at least try a new one.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 6:08:03 AM
I want to vote for 55% Hillary Clinton, 40% Bernie Sanders and 5% Trump. But they haven't invented a way to do that.

In Thailand I am more red shirt than yellow shirt, but both parties have good points and bad points, I think the yellow shirts would drive the country broke.
 chinook1111
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/1/2016 6:23:33 AM
If Rubio is indeed working his way back to the Trump VP position many more will change their voting stance.It would be the single most important strategy of the race.It would assure Latinos that nothing crazy will happen with the immigration issue.The door might get slammed shut for some time but likely those that were willing to sponsor relatives would be OK IMO.

Otherwise it could be viewed quite harshly.
 oj126
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/1/2016 6:50:27 AM
Marco "foam boy" Rubio would show , again , a feeble attept at pandering. Republicans once again bending over for latino attention. The propping up of greasy ted has been futile at best. What makes you think elevating "foam boy" would garner more votes? The Trump campaign represents a specific demographic ; we seem to be doing satisfactory ; Ann Colter ; another winner , could bring us more positive results. Bring it on.
 deetristate
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/1/2016 8:28:13 AM
If Trump picks Rubio, he quarantees his loss.

Although not ACTUALLY related, to his biggest supporters it is directly contrary to wall building, particularly because Rubio has supported a "pathway to citizenship," or amnesty. He is also conceding that it is too late to do anything about the quiet invasion and take over.

If he chooses Rubio, put a fork in Trump.

Ann Coulter is a great comedian.

trasplantado
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/1/2016 9:34:45 AM

If Rubio is indeed working his way back to the Trump VP position many more will change their voting stance.It would be the single most important strategy of the race.

This is looking rather interesting. After all the vicious attacks back and forth between Rubio and the clown, Rubio is dangling his 100 delegates and sounding as if he may do business with the clown. Is the clown stupid enough to fall for the ploy and put himself in a precarious position?
 2beetoo
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:51:02 AM
The way I see it, one of Trump's major personality disorders is his vindictive nature. He will never forgive some of the comments Rubio made about him. Rubio will never be selected as his VP. I think that Cruz though has a real chance. Trump sees his attacks as simply political posturing.
 daynadaze
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:59:14 AM
How many people, like Cotter, are voting for Trump (switching parties for many) just as a joke to get Trump the nomination, and then hope he loses by a huge margin? I think that is a risk I wouldn't take, too many white supremacists who have never voted, don't bother, but would now vote for Trump because they mistakenly think he's going to get rid of non-white skin persons, when in fact he's really about getting rid of those too poor to fight back, many of which belong to groups of hillbilly white supremacists. Trump has already said he's not banning rich people of non-white skin, he's not opening any floodgates for the white nation. So in the numbers game of dems switching to repubs to vote for Trump, how many are in states where you have to switch and how many are doing it as a joke? How do you get to an actual number that isn't skewed?
 trasplantado
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:55:44 AM

I think that Cruz though has a real chance. Trump sees his attacks as simply political posturing.

That would be an ideal ticket for the Democrats. They wouldn't have to spend much trying to scare the moderates from voting for the extreme repugnicans. The clown, and the lying son of a gusano born in Canada would do an awesome job all by themselves.
 oj126
Msg: 43
Would you switch parties for a better America?
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:03:50 PM
Well , Dayna , spin it how you wish. Name calling doesn't matter. Donald Trump has promised us a Wall. An end to islamic assimilation. I like that. I'm not alone. Let's vote on it. Rich , poor whatever , a Trump Presidency leads to less non whites being admitted to the country. I'm in. Bring it on.
 aj17225
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/1/2016 12:10:23 PM
Looks like if Trump wins Indiana, he will get to the 1257 he needs so sounds like no contested nomination. If Hillary isn't indicted, should be a very interesting summer and fall.
 daynadaze
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 1:46:39 PM
I wasn't name calling I was referring to a group of white power people that you don't seem to belong to, the ones that hardly ever vote. Hillbilly isn't actually a slam, of course that depends on how you use it.
 oj126
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/1/2016 2:04:42 PM
Dayna , I happen to really like women ; but I love my girlfriend. Actually , I like most folks , but I love my race. Most Whites are brainwashed and think it's wrong to love and support their race. I don't want to be one of those whites. I don't think it's beneficial to anyone . When I see fellow Whites in struggle or bad situations , I assist. While millions are sent to foreign lands ; the Appalachain Mountain Childrens fund is in dire straights for $ and volunteers. Again the desire to turn up our noses at those of us whom have had difficulty seems almost a mystery . Kind of like laughing at a sibling. From the British Isles to Eastern Siberia we evolved as a family.
 chinook1111
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/1/2016 2:46:19 PM
I agree with transplantado that Cruz would not be a good choice as VP.Then who?A no name?Rubio brings in Florida IMO.

Some "experts are claiming that Trump will edge towards the center.Where would the hard line Republicans go?They would have to make do with Trump.Rubio would be the VP....not too dangerous,a line to the establishment and Latinos.A Latino VP is still an accomplishment....
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/1/2016 3:41:39 PM
"what's the matter with Kansas" is interesting, and of course, has its detractors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

are Midwesterners big on abortion and LGBT issues? Has the Democratic Party embraced those issues more in the last few voting cycles? how many of the decreasing number of citizens who actually show up to vote, moderates doing their duty, and how many are "issue" voters out to push one agenda?

NPR had an interesting story this morning, about how Chump was on WrestleMania for a time and did well whipping up the crowd. He played to their interests, declaring bounties and targeting a specific person and insulting monologues and other "raw meat" handouts for a crowd like that. maybe that's why he does so well with his supporters now, all that practice.
 trasplantado
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/1/2016 3:51:07 PM

Some "experts are claiming that Trump will edge towards the center.Where would the hard line Republicans go?They would have to make do with Trump.Rubio would be the VP....not too dangerous,a line to the establishment and Latinos.A Latino VP is still an accomplishment....

Getting the clown to choose Rubio as his VP looks to me like a very sinister plan orchestrated by the repugnican establishment. Why would they work towards electing the clown just to be stuck with his unpredictable buffoonery should they win in November? The way I look at it, they must be developing a plan, if they don't have one already, to get rid of the clown in a timely manner. With all the enemies that the clown has earned during this campaign due to his stupid mouth, it would be really easy to pin it on some illegals from south of the border, or the muslims of the Middle East. It wouldn't be the first time this would happen here.
 gtomustang
Msg: 50
Don't have to, i'm Democrat.
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:36:04 AM
This month's Fortune magazine (I know, a big read for the usual Trumpet) has an interesting article on page 117, how Chump's record in business suggests how he'll lead as president. Or you can look it up here:

http://fortune.com/donald-trump-businessman/
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?