Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BBEisBack
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Would you switch parties?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If Trump Pulls a Rabbit out of His Hat & wins the General Election.....

Just think.... All those who crossed Party Lines, to Vote for Him in the Primary....

Had a Hand in Him Winning........... They may have, out smarted themselves......
 flman2015
Msg: 77
Would you switch parties?
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:40:48 PM

kj521

Hey.....Let's make America great again!

Trump cannot make America great again because he cannot make another one of you ;-)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:58:30 PM
Gotta love slogans. "Great again"... as in? Jackson and Creeks? Plantations? Pre-social security and pension? Hiroshima? "No Irish, blacks and dogs"? Which particular period in history are we selling as the greatest right now?
 deetristate
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:15:53 AM
When did Trump say those things? That sure is a lot of reaching.
---------;-;;;;;;;:;&
No one said that Bernie is sexist. But many people in the USA, including women, will vote for a man and against a woman because that is what they are, even if subconsciously. Hence, Obama's win over Hillary. Unless the men went to college in MA or Vermont or something. They are more "feminist" than most women, after having it beaten into them for four years.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:43:09 AM
^^
A single event "proves" that USA is more 'sexist' than 'racist'? That's some rigidly adhered to statistical analysis there

Couldn't have been other factors? Maybe Obama is/was more likable? Seemed to offer something different, new ( hope & change)?

Maybe the US public in general didn't want to extend a dynasty, keep the presidency in 2 families for decades..
Plenty of independent variables. .
 2beetoo
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:21:28 AM
As you well know, dee always talks out of her rear, as if there is some sort of facts supporting her opinions. Sometimes it best to just humor her and agree. :-)
 kj521
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:37:39 AM
"Trump cannot make America great again because he cannot make another one of you ;-)"

Well aren't you the charmer, Mr. Flman. :)

But if Trump can fix this economy...and I can have a bit more cha-ching in my purse...it will make MY America Great Again! ;)

I mean seriously....Starbucks and spa days are NOT luxuries...they are dang necessities!

And Mr. Blue eyes....that is kinda funny isn't it?

I didn't cross party lines...but when I voted for him I only did so cause I didn't think he really had a shot and I just wasn't partial to any of the other candidates.

So now.... I have to do a Hillary...err.... Tammy Wynette and Stand By My Man! Hahaha! :D
 deetristate
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:35:30 AM
Who said that it was a single event?

You people kill me.
They give you parameters within which you can have an opinion.
Ha!

I do feel important that you go out of your way to come up with something, even if lame, to respond to me iri, cab, bee.
Maybe I can repeat something that you have said just so you can twist it and disagree.

Nah. Not that interested.

The Repubs who hate Trump that are being interviewed are just saying that they will stay home. Haven't heard of any party switching there.

----------

To iri,cab bee below

Who said that?
You can disagree and it(what??????!!!!!!!????) has nothing to do with race.

Imagine that.

But you do seem a bit obsessed with the topic.

You people kill me.

You doth protesteh too much on that issue.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:45:52 AM
Anyone who states an opinion different than yours is "racist", right? Jerome's Law.
 trasplantado
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:05:55 AM

The Repubs who hate Trump that are being interviewed are just saying that they will stay home. Haven't heard of any party switching there.

Staying home sounds like an easy thing to do. I wouldn't want to argue and try to convince them to vote for Hillary. Yeah, I would avoid the subject and maybe talk about hitting the golf links if the weather is nice. Get their minds out of the election!
 oj126
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:13:22 AM
I know Whites whom haven't voted for 20 yrs. Good for them. They are surfacing for Donald. Good for them. The question being do the disgruntled Whites outweigh browns , anti whites and neo cohens? Go ahead ,make my day. At the current rate , 2016 is our last chance at having First World Leadership.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:19:51 AM

I know Whites whom haven't voted for 20 yrs. Good for them. They are surfacing for Donald. Good for them. The question being do the disgruntled Whites outweigh browns , anti whites and neo cohens? Go ahead ,make my day. At the current rate , 2016 is our last chance at having First World Leadership.

I think you should put your hood on and campaign for Trump and put your money where your mouth is.
 oj126
Msg: 88
One Hundred?
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:34:57 AM
I'll take you up on that , IG.
 gtomustang
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:35:07 AM
What made America great was a lack of competition from 1945 until the Seventies, low energy costs, fewer computers taking jobs, and a population that made it the largest consumer market, so its currency was important to other countries. Throwing aside isolationism of the 1930's brought America into war, its factories churning out military-grade product but not getting bombed. Nor did the infrastructure needed to move product to market. After 1945, who made durable goods like America? it made sense to work in the cities where infrastructure was better than out in the rural areas, b/c the race riots of 1968 hadn't set fire to everything yet. The dollar was still linked to gold, and the dollars in your paycheck kept pace with everything else, no wage stagnation yet. Unions helped Buick assemblers actually afford to buy the expensive product they were building

America won't be great like it used to be, unless all those factors return. Times are a'changin', and if we don't want to get caught under, we better, too. The days of downloading the schematics of a new product to the 3D printer in your house or your business aren't "just in time inventory" fantasy anymore. they're around the corner. Good luck getting back that union-wage job that made that product before, and working 2 decades on it before getting out with full bennies.
 daynadaze
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 8:49:30 AM
I can't imagine voting for Trump, it's unbelievable that so many seem to be pushing for him. He's not given one single way that he's going to make America great again, unless he means to bankrupt it and take the money & run. What's he going to do?

I thought I was going to vote for Hillary instead of Obama, but as I listened to her campaign I didn't like her much, so I didn't want to vote for her. I'm not happy she's running again, I'm not finding Bernie to be much better. There is nobody on the other side. The idea of voting for Trump is repulsive, Cruz is worse, and it just goes downhill from there. And yes, I am aware that Cruz dropped out.

Trump making America great again, what chump change is that, why does anyone believe that of Trump???
 deetristate
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/5/2016 10:44:01 AM
Why do some people, not you, believe that of Hillary.

I was curious as to Trump "policy" statement.

This is what I could find:

Pro life except for rape, life of the mother
Enforce immigration laws that exist and build a wall where people sneak across the border
Build better and more new Veterans Hospitals
Negotiate better trade agreements with China
Quit this fake coldish war with Russia
Keep mortgage interest deduction
Promote gender equality in hiring
End corporate inversion
No fed gov profit from student loans
Don't take sides with Israel
Address mental illness that leads to mass shootings
Keep preexisting condition coverage but remove state barriers to health ins.
Charge countries for defending them
Cut the EPA
Windmills are destroying coastlines
Stop H1b visas
Until some resolution, ban Muslims from entering
Enact policies to bring back jobs to the USA
Save social security
Repeal estate tax

Amend the tax code to take the burden off the working and middle class and encourage manufacturing in the USA.

+ I recently learned that discover card has all customer service in the USA. So it can be dine)
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/5/2016 12:00:04 PM

What made America great was a lack of competition from 1945 until the Seventies, low energy costs, fewer computers taking jobs, and a population that made it the largest consumer market, so its currency was important to other countries. Throwing aside isolationism of the 1930's brought America into war, its factories churning out military-grade product but not getting bombed.

You're right on the money. However. Part of what made America was also "Manifest Destiny." And to do that it started expanding west, first by purchase, but then by force. Polk invented a kakamainy war with Mexico and then took everything all the way to California.

Most of America was a mechanized agricultural society. It had some manufacturing in the North East but it did not quite complete with world markets. But the US developed a huge surplus and realized that we needed to expand markets world wide. After the civil war we did so as we expanded into the Pacific, opened the Philippines, China, Japan. Then we had the Spanish American war, with the excuse to liberate Cuba and the Philippines from a broke Spain, but instead it was about expansionism and compete with the world powers of the time for market and "colonial" raw materials. So Teddy created the "White Armada" to show the world what a mighty power we were becoming thus coining the saying by Teddy "Speak softly, and carry a big stick."

As you indicate, the second world war practically destroyed all competition that the US had before with other world powers, who were now too poor to reinvest in their own industry to compete with the US. And while it was thanks to us, the Marshal Plan, that they came around, they were now great markets for everything that America made, from cars to cigarettes, toasters to washers and dryers and American chemicals (soap) and good ole Hollywood and advertising.
 Maleman999
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/5/2016 2:57:32 PM

Good luck getting back that union-wage job that made that product before, and working 2 decades on it before getting out with full bennies.

I live in an industrial area, and there was an article in the local paper a while back about the big factories that have closed down that used to supply the good paying jobs with benefits for life. They showed pictures of the front gates of these places in the 50's and 60's, and they had big signs up saying "Help wanted. Apply within". A person would walk in, fill out an application form, and chances are they would get hired shortly after. The minimum education requirement back then for a blue collar job was grade 10. So high school dropouts qualified. If a person didn't like their job, they could quit, go down the street to the next factory that was hiring and get hired there. It's almost a guarantee that nobody will see those days again.

I would guess Trump's plan for creating more jobs is, after the wall is built to stop Mexicans from getting into the U.S., Americans will be able to fill the void of taking over the jobs the Mexicans were doing on the farms or small companies near the border, but expect to get get the same pay of a dollar per day, or whatever pay scale the Mexicans were getting, so that the farms and businesses can maintain the same profit margins. And if working on a farm, expect to live in a wooden shack about the size of a single car garage with 10 or so other guys who are there during harvesting season. If it's good enough for Mexicans, it's good enough for Americans.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 3:23:44 PM

“I don’t want it for myself. I don’t need it for myself.” (ABC News, November 20, 2015)

“I wanted to do this for myself. … I had to do it for myself.” (Time, August 18, 2015)

“I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman.” (The Advocate, February 15, 2000)

“If two people dig each other, they dig each other.” (Trump University “Trump Blog,” December 22, 2005)

“I’m against gay marriage.” (Fox News, April 14, 2011)

“I’m totally pro-choice.” (Fox News, October 31, 1999)

“I’m pro-life.” (CPAC, February 10, 2011)

“You’d be shocked if I said that in many cases I probably identify more as a Democrat.” (CNN, March 21, 2004)

“Look, I’m a Republican. I’m a very conservative guy in many respects—I guess in most respects.” (The Hugh Hewitt Show, February 25, 2015)

“Don’t think you’re so smart that you can go it alone.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“You must plan and execute your plan alone.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“I couldn’t be a one-man show …” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“Think of yourself as a one-man army.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“Surround yourself with people you can trust.” (Trump: How to Get Rich, 2004)

“My motto is ‘Hire the best people, and don’t trust them.’” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Expect the best from people.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

You never want people to think you’re a loser or a schlepper, but it’s not a good idea if they think you’re the smartest guy in the room, either.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“I’m, like, a really smart person.” (Phoenix, July 11, 2015)

“I can’t stand small talk.” (Trump: The Art of the Deal, 1987)

“Small talk can be one of the best ways to educate yourself.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“Stay as close to home as possible. Travel is time-consuming and, in my opinion, boring—especially compared with the fun I have doing deals in my office. I can never understand people who say that if they had a lot of money they would spend their time traveling. It’s just not my thing.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“There’s no excuse for staying home; the world’s too fantastic to miss out on it. I wish I could travel more.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“I don’t read much. Mostly I read contracts, but usually my lawyers do most of the work. There are too many pages.” (Veja, February 2014)

“Well, I read a lot … and over my life, I’ve read so much.” (The Hugh Hewitt Show, February 25, 2015)

“The day I realized it can be smart to be shallow was, for me, a deep experience.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“I’m a thinker, and I have been a thinker. … I’m a very deep thinker.” (Palm Beach, Florida, March 11, 2016)

“I don’t mind being criticized. I’ll never, ever complain.” (CNN, September 24, 2015)

“When someone crosses you, my advice is ‘Get even!’ That is not typical advice, but it is real-life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck! When people wrong you, go after those people, because it is a good feeling and because other people will see you doing it. I love getting even. I get screwed all the time. I go after people, and you know what? People do not play around with me as much as they do with others. They know that if they do, they are in for a big fight. Always get even. Go after people that go after you. Don’t let people push you around. Always fight back and always get even. It’s a jungle out there, filled with bullies of all kinds who will try to push you around. If you’re afraid to fight back people will think of you as a loser, a ‘schmuck!’ They will know they can get away with insulting you, disrespecting you, and taking advantage of you. Don’t let it happen! Always fight back and get even.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“If you can avoid an altercation, do so.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“If someone attacks you, do not hesitate. Go for the jugular.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Be tough, be smart, be personable, but don’t take things personally.” (Twitter, June 22, 2015)

“It makes me feel so good to hit ‘sleazebags’ back.” (Twitter, November 19, 2012)

“I’ve never been the kind of guy who takes his son out to Central Park to play catch, but I think I’m a good father.” (Playboy, October 2004)

“I like kids. I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of ‘em. I’ll supply funds, and she’ll take care of the kids.” (The Howard Stern Show, April 2005)

“I think I’ve been a very good husband.” (CNN, February 9, 2011)

“What the hell do I know, I’ve been divorced twice?” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Geraldo Rivera is a friend of mine, but he did something which I thought was absolutely terrible and he admits it was a mistake. He wrote a book naming many of the famous women that he slept with. I would never do that—I have too much respect for women in general, but if I did, the world would take serious notice. Beautiful, famous, successful, married—I’ve had them all, secretly, the world’s biggest names, but unlike Geraldo I don’t talk about it.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“I don’t have to brag. I don’t have to. Believe it or not.” (New York, June 16, 2015)

“I avoid people with especially high opinions of their own abilities or worth.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Hey, look, I went to the hardest school to get into, the best school in the world, I guess you could say, the Wharton School of Finance. It’s like super genius stuff. I came out. I built a tremendous company. I had tremendous success. The Art of the Deal. The Apprentice. Everything.” (CNN, August 11, 2015)

“Do not look for approval from others. That is a sure sign of weakness.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Look at my hands. … My hands are normal hands. During a debate, he was losing, and he said, ‘Oh, he has small hands and therefore, you know what that means.’ This was not me. ....... I was on line shaking hands with supporters, and one of the supporters got up and he said, ‘Mr. Trump, you have strong hands. You have good-sized hands.’ And then another one would say, ‘You have great hands, Mr. Trump, I had no idea.’ I said, ‘What do you mean?’ He said, ‘I thought you were, like, deformed, and I thought you had small hands.’ I had 50 people. … I mean, people were writing, ‘How are Mr. Trump’s hands?’ My hands are fine. You know, my hands are normal. Slightly large, actually. In fact, I buy a slightly smaller than large glove, OK?” (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

“Let people know what you’ve done. What good is it if no one knows about it? You’ve gotta be a promoter.” (New York magazine, December 24, 1984)

“Everyone says, ‘Oh, Trump is a great promoter.’ I don’t think I’m even a good promoter.” (Fortune, April 3, 2000)

“Don’t worry about actively promoting yourself.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“If I get my name in the paper, if people pay attention, that’s what matters. To me, that means it’s a success.” (Gwenda Blair’s Donald Trump: Master Apprentice, 2005)

“Everybody kisses your ass when you’re hot. If you’re not hot, they don’t even call. So it’s always good to stay hot.” (CNBC, June 24, 2012)

“I hate people that think they’re hot stuff, and they’re nothing.” (Warren, Michigan, March 4, 2016)

“Toughness is knowing how to be a gracious winner—and rebounding quickly when you lose.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“I do whine, because I want to win, and I’m not happy about not winning, and I am a whiner, and I keep whining and whining until I win.” (CNN, August 11, 2015)

“Remember that in the best negotiations, everyone wins.” (Trump: Never Give Up, 2008)

“You hear lots of people say that a great deal is when both sides win. That is a bunch of crap.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“When you shake somebody’s hand, go with it. It is very important. Shaking hands with someone means you are making a deal.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Some business executives believe in a firm handshake. I believe in no handshake. It is a terrible practice. So often, I see someone who is obviously sick, with a bad cold or the flu, who approaches me and says, ‘Mr. Trump, I would like to shake your hand.’ It’s a medical fact that this is how germs are spread.” (Trump: How to Get Rich, 2004)

“Dress the part and act the part. Do not cause any doubt in anybody’s mind that you don’t know your stuff. When I moved to Manhattan to do my first deal, I did not have money or employees. When I went into an office, I acted as if I had an organization, The Trump Organization, behind me. I was on my own and no longer working for my father. Few people knew that The Trump Organization had no employees except myself and operated out of my studio apartment in Manhattan.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“Sometimes people will come into my office and they will be great. They will look great, they’ll sound great, they dress beautifully; everything is great. Then after you hire them they turn out to be morons. Sometimes a real slob will come in looking for a job. He does not dress well. He does not look good. He does not seem to be very smart. It turns out when you hire him or her, you find out you have hired a genius.” (Trump: Think Big, 2007)

“I like John McCain.” (Twitter, May 28, 2013)

“I’m not a fan of John McCain.” (Facebook, July 18, 2015)

“He [Ron Paul] should be ignored.” (Twitter, January 4, 2012)

Ron Paul has some serious ideas which deserve serious consideration. Wrong for media to ignore him.” (Twitter, August 23, 2011)

“I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president …” (Trump University “Trump Blog,” March 13, 2008)

“Hillary will be a disaster as a president.” (NBC News, July 9, 2015)

“Qadhafi in Libya is killing thousands of people, nobody knows how bad it is, and we’re sitting around, we have soldiers, all over the Middle East, and we’re not bringing ‘em in to stop this horrible carnage. … We should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick.” (Trump video blog, February 2011)

“I never discussed that subject. I was in favor of Libya? We would be so much better off if Qadhafi were in charge right now.” (Houston, February 25, 2016)
 deetristate
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/5/2016 4:21:13 PM
So?

Do you have the same positions as you did in your youth or younger days?
Hmmm. . .
I used to be a liberal.
Don't put wish me for my I'll advised past.
You live and learn. Ha!

Reminds me of Obama changing his mind on issues.

Punish them both, will ya!
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:09:14 PM
Salient points, IG. I didn't go back that far b/c people generally reminisce only back to the 1950's...but really, people should take a closer look at the 1920's. There was isolationism then, but also, according to Lowell Thomas of Movietone News, there was a sense of "anything is possible". Science was on the upswing, America was doing far better after the War to End All Wars, there was a reason for the flapper generation. Prohibition was the only thing that seemed to be faced backwards. Eugenics was promising a future of better babies.

Before that, if I remember correctly, Teddy's Rough Riders were nearly promising recruits the thrills and honor of going to war. But in the Roaring Twenties, it seemed like only the gangsters had a bloodlust. even out in the mill towns, like maleman pointed out, one could get fired in the morning, go up to the next floor and be hired by noon. your dad worked here? that's good enough. As far as paychecks are concerned, WalMart beats the government in purchases, so companies have to meet that bottom line. if the government handles benefits, that might help, and its the WalMart way.
 chinook1111
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:30:25 PM
My Chicago grandmother was a flapper in the 20s.She would expound on historical points often.

People should look at the 20s, they should look at the 30s as well.America and most of the world suffered through a depression.

What did Italy do?They rallied behind a strongman.The paralysis America has just gone through...remember the jokes about Italy's parliamentary system in the 70s?America needs to move.Look at how China has moved.You are in real danger of falling behind.Some here secretly wish for this.Hillary offers nothing but....what?Women's rights supposedly lacking and gay rights and a big kumbayu?

Irish
"I'm voting blue no matter who".
The low information voters?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:58:55 PM

Do you have the same positions as you did in your youth or younger days?

It's not centered around him changing his mind on abortion or POV on gay marriage (not for, okay with it, then not for). Nor is it centered around when he was in "his youth". It's not centered around him being more liberal back in the day. He was also Republican back in the day. Thing is -- he just tells people what they want to hear to get respect and his way. He's a salesman. He's not that smart.
 trasplantado
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/6/2016 4:31:03 AM

I was curious as to Trump "policy" statement.

This is what I could find:

Pro life except for rape, life of the mother

Why did you leave incest out? Do you believe that the clown is ok with men impregnating their daughters?
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/6/2016 7:15:06 AM

It's not centered around him changing his mind on abortion or POV on gay marriage (not for, okay with it, then not for). Nor is it centered around when he was in "his youth". It's not centered around him being more liberal back in the day. He was also Republican back in the day. Thing is -- he just tells people what they want to hear to get respect and his way. He's a salesman. He's not that smart.

NG, thanks for the quotes, but they were too many to read all of them. I agree with the statement above. He has no real policy, that is why he contradicts himself all the time. His positions is whatever it gives him POWER.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you switch parties?