Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guess what I'm about to do...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 26
Guess what I'm about to do...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
True, but anger can be a good catalyst. One man stopped drinking for 4 years because someone said to him that he couldn't stop drinking without aa. My mom once got so pissed at a coworker that she applied somewhere else and got a better paying job. :)
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 27
Guess what I'm about to do...
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:42:53 AM
As a liver transplant recipient myself, let me assure you organ failure is not pretty. Although mine was initially caused from getting infected with Hep C from a blood transfusion, the fact that I continued drinking socially over the years caused my liver to deteriorate much faster -- like pouring gasoline on a fire.

I wish you much luck, NJgirl. I promise you'll feel so much better and life is quite beautiful without beer goggles :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:56:42 AM
^^^^^^ Interesting that you say that about life being beautiful sans beer goggles.....

Here's me on my day off, it's a gorgeous sunny Spring morning. I drive around with the tunes wondering how to enjoy this blessing of a day. Something was missing.....

I'm now at home drinking a beer, not even 11 yet.

I will go back outside but I want a buzz.

Good luck NJ !

....I couldn't do it
 gtomustang
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/2/2016 5:27:45 PM
Hey, whatever works. There are interesting reasons people give up their addictions. my father tried to quit smoking many ways, many times, but he couldn't figure out what to get me for my first birthday, so he went cold turkey. that was the thing that finally caught his attention. so, when (not if) you make it past that first month, do you realize the person who firmly believes you're trash, is trash themselves?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/2/2016 5:52:00 PM
NJ Girl
You are not a worthless piece of trash.
Not ever.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:15:57 PM
Kudos!

Very tough to be out there and trying to sober date.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:28:11 PM
Thanks gang. :-)
I own a book that has the following passage:
There is a joke about the man who goes to the doctor and asks what he has to do to live to be 100 years old. The doctor tells him to give up eating meat, drinking alcohol, smoking, and sex. The man says, "If I do all that will I live to be 100 years old?" The doctor replies, "Maybe not, but it will sure as hell feel that way!"

LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:30:07 PM
why let one person's low opinion of you matter to you so much?? It is their projection and they are not someone I would want around in my life. Do it all for yourself and no one else. WHAT OTHERS THINK OF US IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Think about that.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:33:50 PM
One guy says to his friend, first I cut out smoking, then I cut out drinking, then I cut out women..
Now I'm cutting out paper dolls..
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:33:35 PM

There is a joke about the man who goes to the doctor and asks what he has to do to live to be 100 years old. The doctor tells him to give up eating meat, drinking alcohol, smoking, and sex. The man says, "If I do all that will I live to be 100 years old?" The doctor replies, "Maybe not, but it will sure as hell feel that way!"

Nice. :)

Guy walks into the doctor's office, fearing his test results. Doc sits him down and sighs, and the guy groans in response.
The Doc Says: "Test results are back. I have some good news, and some bad news... Which do you want first?"
The Guy Says: "The bad news first..."
The Doc Says: "You have cancer. It's all over your body. You got 6 months, max, to live."

The guy starts crying. After a full minute of crying, the guy pauses, and with a glimmer hope in his tear-ridden eyes...

The Guy Asks: "And, and... the good news?"
The Doc Says: "See that hot nurse over there sitting at that desk?"

The guy looks over at this gorgeous modelesque blonde nurse, as the Doc points over to her. She looks back and gives a gorgeous smile back.

The Guy Says: "Yea-Yeah...??"
The Doc Says: "Yeah, I'm banging her."
 NJgirl116
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:47:09 PM
Talking about banging, I see Clooney removed the picture of the bachelor's nightstand. It had reminded me of a time I went to Planned Parenthood (my preferred OBGYN provider, very caring, love them) and they gave me forms to fill out, one of the forms had the following question: Are you sexually active now? Check all that apply: a. v*** sex; b. o*** sex; c. a*** sex; d. SEX TOYS. I was very uncertain as to how to answer that one. Was a sex toy treated as a bona fide partner or they mean in addition to points a through c??? Oh I guess they just want to know if you're fooling around with foreign objects down there.

Letitia, I know you mean well but you write such serious responses to my half tongue in cheek posts sometimes. I like to make fun of my misfortunes. It's a trait comedians share. :-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/3/2016 5:08:08 AM
BF doesn't drink. At first I felt idk, guilty when I would have a glass of wine around him. Like I should sneak off and have it.
When my GF quit for a month goodness she was a pain, like a vegan. :/ Most everyone was relieved when that month was over.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/3/2016 5:44:00 AM
That tool kit has saved me hundreds of dollars in wine and dine fees.
 Chromis1
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 7:06:59 AM

I realized it makes no sense to spend that money on alcohol yet agonizingly go back and forth on whether I can afford a used piece of workout gear on Ebay.

So each day, I'd count the amount of money I saved by not drinking beer, throw that cash into a jar and at the end of the 30 days I'd find that workout gear on eBay and buy it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/3/2016 8:12:26 AM
Good mornin' NJgirl, First off I have to scold you for posting this in the wrong thread.
JUST kidding!

I encourage/support anyone who chooses to make healthy adjustments in their life.
From choosing to lose weight, quit smoking, etc.................however,
there is a "BUT" in here.

BUT, ........ do what is best for YOU. Be sure your true motive is self centered. BE selfish!
Making changes for someone else/because of someone else, most often leads to despair or failure.

If you need to use a small dose of, "I'll show you", that's fine, but this alone can not or will not sustain your efforts.

DO what is right for YOU, and let the other influence, fall by the wayside!

I wish you a healthy sober recovery!
 gtomustang
Msg: 41
Hawking's not here, so let's talk about...
Posted: 5/3/2016 8:53:01 AM
yeah, I guess PP wonders about toys, both to explain "activity down there" and maybe they're taking a poll, too. Or maybe they want to make sure the toys are disinfected properly. I remember at another site someone mentioned taking their partner to dinner at another couples' house, and afterward helped with the dishes. Open up the dishwashing machine, and surprise!

I don't drink, it probably screws up a lot of opportunities. But, I find that other people get along with it well. but oh yeah, I avoid being the equivalent of a reformed smoker. Could care less if someone has a snog around me.

nothing like a reformed sinner, right?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/3/2016 9:25:17 AM
I began a one day sober challenge today.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/3/2016 9:33:19 AM
I have just successfully completed a one hour sober challenge.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/3/2016 10:13:27 AM

I have just successfully completed a one hour sober challenge.

Did you have a drink to toast your success?
 Cycling99
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:39:17 AM
Sadly, some people have a propensity for pills and alcohol (poly-drug users: people who do drugs, usually do more than one kind of drug), smoking, food, casual intimate interactions (euphemistically call "dating") with little to no self-control, and call these "living."

I suggest these are not part of living well and show poor decision making.

Maybe your family member is concern about something you are unable / unwilling to see.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:49:36 AM
Tell us sir how celibacy has impacted you?
 Chromis1
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:57:39 AM
Cycling, sometimes you go over the top. You're willing to be judgmental enough to suggest that NJGirl makes poor decisions?

The poorest decision I have yet to see in this particular thread was your decision to comment.
 flaneur001
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 12:06:10 PM
Cycling: "Living well' also includes compassion, kindness and a modicum of emotional intelligence.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/3/2016 1:01:26 PM

Cycling, sometimes you go over the top. You're willing to be judgmental enough to suggest that NJGirl makes poor decisions?

The poorest decision I have yet to see in this particular thread was your decision to comment.

Not to be judgmental, but I agree with Chromis.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/3/2016 4:24:33 PM
I'm totally confused now. Not sure who Cycling is talking to or about. Nobody here has mentioned any concerned family members.
Glad people are getting inspired! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guess what I'm about to do...