Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guess what I'm about to do...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 51
Guess what I'm about to do...Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Njgirl: Read Cycling's posting history and you will get an idea of his issues. Ignore his sad little comments. Thank you for sharing and enjoy the day.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Guess what I'm about to do...
Posted: 5/4/2016 6:41:26 AM
sounds like cycling is talking about three little words: poor impulse control.
 Cycling99
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/4/2016 7:55:01 AM
Like I said,

"Sadly, some people have a propensity for pills and alcohol (poly-drug users: people who do drugs usually do more than one kind of drug), smoking, food, casual intimate interactions (euphemistically call "dating") with little to no self-control, and call these "living."

I suggest these are not part of living well and show poor decision making.

Maybe your family member is concern about something you are unable / unwilling to see."
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:25:08 AM
I just blocked Cycling for asking me to report NJgirl.

Pathetic
 NJgirl116
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:09:38 AM
Report me for what? What rule did I break?

BTW challenge is going well, none of the struggles I anticipated. Thanks everyone for the support!
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:22:31 AM
You go, NJ.
Can't believe someone posing as a "man" would try to get another person deleted..
 Whisky_River
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:33:25 AM
OMG....Read his profile....He's so a poser that must have a few profiles.
Insults not only women and people in general but.....He has gifts sent to him...bawhahahaha
Jaysus...this place is just crazier and crazier....

Can't believe someone posing as a "man" would try to get another person deleted

Are you new to this place.....wouldn't be the first time...lol.
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:13:51 AM
Clooneystutor - That really is pathetic. Report her for what?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:23:46 AM
He didn't say. Just to please report her.
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:28:29 AM
^^^ I just noticed something - "his" was the first comment after Njgirl posted. He said "Good luck, stay strong"(very positive), , then his last comment to her (very negative)???? What's the take on that turn-around?

Ok, now I will go back to real life.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:37:30 AM
I thought the same thing. Some emotional instability and poor reading comprehension skills.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:41:25 AM
I can't say it often enough: Bad things happen when you forget to take your medication!
 flaneur001
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:50:43 AM
MysteryLadytoo

^^^ I just noticed something - "his" was the first comment after Njgirl posted. He said "Good luck, stay strong"(very positive), , then his last comment to her (very negative)???? What's the take on that turn-around?

here's a clue

Cycling

Some people on the forums are just so naive...

Some of the situations with OLD and IRL dating are quite different and must be treated differently. You have probably noticed that some people feel free to say whatever they want online that they, very likely, will not say IRL. I say it here in the same way I do in people's faces. For example, I don't like addicts and think they are garbage, and I say it just the same everywhere. Don't like cheaters or people in relationships who cheat and think they are garbage, and say it just like that in people's faces. Men, women: doesn't matter.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/4/2016 12:25:50 PM
OP~ Stay strong; you got this. I will keep you in my prayers. The difficult part for me in the beginning was being around friends that were still heavily drinking. I discovered making new and healthier choices, included making different friends. There are times when Ive lapsed (that's life), but getting quickly on track is key.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 12:28:31 PM

Report me for what? What rule did I break?

I think taking down that cute picture of yourself that you had up for a while. :)

Some people on the forums are just so naive... ...... For example, I don't like addicts and think they are garbage, and I say it just the same everywhere. Don't like cheaters or people in relationships who cheat and think they are garbage, and say it just like that in people's faces. Men, women: doesn't matter.

Wow. Where did Cycling post this? Can't find it in this forum thread.

But Cycling, man. I'm a straight-forward guy and I get what you're saying about not being in a different 'gear' online VS IRL. Online I'll be more straight-up about controversial issues and get to the point VS IRL, but IRL my position will be no different. It will just take more for me to spill my beans about potentially controversial stuff to those I don't know IRL, and with tone of voice, it's easier to make it not sound 'harsh' to sensitive bodies.

Anyway, point being, trying to report NJ -- for what? Drinking too much? I think you have a guilt-by-association connection between drinking too much and getting hurt by cheaters, due to your past experiences. I know some people in support groups can be that way as an outlet of their frustration -- but IMO, such folks need a support group for that in and of itself.
 Cycling99
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/4/2016 4:31:31 PM
Well, now we know that Prince was addicted to prescription meds and was going to rehab. The person who found him? From the rehab center...

So, for the third time,
"Sadly, some people have a propensity for pills and alcohol (poly-drug users: people who do drugs usually do more than one kind of drug), smoking, food, casual intimate interactions (euphemistically call "dating") with little to no self-control, and call these "living."

Maybe your family member is concern about something you are unable / unwilling to see."
 kj521
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/4/2016 4:46:46 PM
Sheesh Mr. Cycling! You sure do get yourself into some messes! Lol

Ms. Nj.....I think Mr. Cycling is referring to this statement in Msg #25 as a family member....

"I'm doing this because a certain someone who used to be in my life firmly believes that I'm a worthless piece of trash."

And apparently he has strong views on all addictions.... and believes there might be other addictions invoved. So while it is common, Mr. Cycling.....it is not always so.

Ms. Nj.....let me say.....your decision to make a change and break your addiction to alcohol is commendable. I am wishing you much success.....and love in your life. :)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/4/2016 4:51:05 PM
It appears to be the impression on here that I have an alcohol addiction.... Even though I'm sitting at a bar now right having dinner and a virgin drink and zero emotions about it. I guess I'm not good at expressing myself. Lots of people do 30 day challenges... Coffee, alcohol, refined sugar.... Wherever they feel they could use a tuneup. I've been reading about it and became curious. A challenge is fun and makes you proud of yourself which is my goal. Similar to giving something up for Lent, I guess? I didn't do that this year.

Off to Starbucks now. I feel like a CHAI.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2016 5:41:29 PM

So, for the third time,
"Sadly, some people have a propensity for pills and alcohol ...... I suggest these are not part of living well and show poor decision making.

Fair enough, but that wasn't so much the head-scratcher. Please be willing to see the following that you wrote as what some folks are scratching their heads about...

Some people on the forums are just so naive...

Some of the situations with OLD and IRL dating are quite different and must be treated differently. You have probably noticed that some people feel free to say whatever they want online that they, very likely, will not say IRL. I say it here in the same way I do in people's faces. For example, I don't like addicts and think they are garbage, and I say it just the same everywhere. Don't like cheaters or people in relationships who cheat and think they are garbage, and say it just like that in people's faces. Men, women: doesn't matter.

... and wanting to report NJ. I guess it's just an honest question... are you wanting to report her because you think she falls in line with the above?
 tailrace
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/4/2016 6:28:58 PM
i under stand would love to to kelp may need some help and i can help any way i can let me hnow you would still have all the music u can take. please tell me how old you are. i was a drunk.now im clean .it dont happen over night. i would be glad to help. want ask for sex
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/4/2016 7:45:21 PM
It was the "recovering bar hopper" comment that had me thinking otherwise. Enjoy your 30 day "fast" of sorts.
Peace out-
 NJgirl116
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/4/2016 7:49:11 PM
Thanks so much, it's nice so far! Feeling more energized and fresh in the morning.
Next 30 day challenge will be no POF forums!! :-)

Okay, it's decided. No POF June!
 Cycling99
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/5/2016 6:12:57 AM
Try and kill the messenger... I'm sure that's what Prince tried to do before he was found dead... And, now we know that Prince was addicted to prescription meds and was going to rehab. Found by the son of the owner of the rehab center... Prince probably had a similar reaction when he was told to "get professional help because there's the possibility you are an addict." How many people told him? How many people did he dismissed? And you are going to say what? "Yeah Prince knew better?!" No he didn't: he was an idiot for not listening!

So, for the forth time,

ThroatLozenge
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:30:27 AM
NJGirl, it seems you have a new secret admirer...
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:38:43 AM
^^^^^^ Hey, you're pretty talented !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guess what I'm about to do...