Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 301
It's still a shameless slut looking for enough richards!Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Is saying I received more marriage proposals than men I've had sex with a viable answer?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 302
It's still a shameless slut looking for enough richards!
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:02:28 AM
Sure. We probably need a similar thread for the Menfolk..
maybe POF, where the odds are good but the goods are odd?
Or " How I might have wed your Mother had I not asked her the number of sexual partners she had during out " dutch" coffee meet"
What about any same sex partners, or are those a free fantasy pass?
 kj521
Msg: 303
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:11:55 AM
"What about any same sex partners, or are those a free fantasy pass?"

Lmao Ms. Ouija!

Personally, with regard to number of past partners, I think credit should only be given on a good performance basis. :D
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 10:28:39 AM

How would you ever know you're getting an honest answer?

The entire line of inquiry is built on distrust and a presupposed accusation, and therefore designed to fail. Kinda weird that you don't get how that would bother a lot of people.

I think therein lies the problem......women think this question is an "accusation". It isn't. Now I understand why so many women get so angry.

If you think this is an accusation, then there is clearly something you are trying to hide, and that is more than enough for me to make a judgement call on your "morality".

Thanks for the clarification.
 _babblefish
Msg: 305
Posted: 6/21/2016 11:02:39 AM
there's casual sex numbers and there is the call it anything but casual sex serial monogamist numbers, moral semantics are funny

i'm a chocolate slut with high numbers
 memtoo
Msg: 306
Posted: 6/21/2016 11:10:59 AM
^^^^ Why are all of you women playing along with this guy? He has no photo . . . which makes him highly suspect already. His relationships by late fifties have been minimal. He could be the ugliest man alive for all you know . . . in fact . . . I seem to recall the ugliest man alive posted here last year and ended up planning a trip with KJ521. Wonder if that ever unfolded, or has that guy returned as Flaman? Nah couldn't be. Fla man doesn't have a sense of humor.

I have been known to play on these boards in the past (I am aghast by the way that some of you refer to other posters as "old-hags" . . . says a lot about your character or lack thereof) . . but I never have attacked women in such an insulting, offensive manner as Flaman.

This guy does not speak for normal, well adjusted men in any way, shape or form.

He is just stirring stuff up on the board because being highly offensive is obviously his M.O. and he also has a great deal of anger at somebody from his past. Could be a former wife, or maybe just a girl friend. Who knows.
 AgentNinety9
Msg: 307
Posted: 6/21/2016 11:19:56 AM

I think therein lies the problem......women think this question is an "accusation". It isn't.

It's an accusation by default if you're automatically multiplying her answer is by 3 because you assume she's lying in a way that offends your sensibilities. Otherwise, you'd either take the answer at face value or discount it because you thought she was bragging.

If you think this is an accusation, then there is clearly something you are trying to hide,

"Wow. You must have made a lot of totally effed decisions when it comes to your sexual relationships. How many, exactly? Whatever your answer is, I'm going to increase it by at least 300%. Unless it's zero, and then I'll *know you're lying and assume the answer is at least 25, because that's about what it would take for you to keep saying the dumb shit you come up with here. And isn't it because you've been secretly desiring a man's nether regions at the same time you were imagining your female partners having too many of them before you? A clear case of projection. No wonder you're so angry!"

Waits for you to call that an accusation so I can prove there's something you're trying to hide.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 12:04:38 PM
^^^LOL.........I can't compete with that...........

"Secretly desired a man's nether regions while imagining your female partners having too many of them"..........LOLOLOL
!!
 softwinds45
Msg: 309
Its still a dumb question asked by a dick
Posted: 6/21/2016 1:00:48 PM

I think therein lies the problem......women think this question is an "accusation". It isn't. Now I understand why so many women get so angry.
If you think this is an accusation, then there is clearly something you are trying to hide, and that is more than enough for me to make a judgement call on your "morality".
Thanks for the clarification.

I don't think women are getting angry. I know I'm not angry. Most of the women posting here aren't angry, some are laughing, one I laughed a some of the posts on here. I wouldn't get angry if asked the numbers question, I'd just shake my head a walk away. What is there to be angry about. And at the same time, I don't think anyone s trying to hide anything. Why hide what you think is none of someone's business? It's not hiding, it's simply not answering. Just like any other question I think would none of someone's business.

We all make judgment calls, we all jump to conclusions, we all assume. So if you make a judgment call on my morality because I won't answer a question, I will assume you're a****ead and will move on to someone I think is more worthy of my time. I will also make a judgment call on your intelligence and character at the same time. We both have choices. So, judge away, it ain't a biggie.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Its still a dumb question asked by a dick
Posted: 6/21/2016 1:15:13 PM

will move on to someone I think is more worthy of my time. I will also make a judgment call on your intelligence and character at the same time. We both have choices.

Agreed. And good to get this clear right up front instead of finding out months down the line.

Seems like its a deal breaker on both sides for sure.
 softwinds45
Msg: 311
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:23:16 PM
I have a friend who is ??? years old. I have no idea. I THINK she is older than me, by how much, I have no idea. About 4 years ago her son put on a surprise birthday party for her, he has no idea how old she is either but he figured he may have missed a "milestone" year in the last 5 or 10 years so he would throw a bash. It was fun. Her husband is sworn to secrecy and says he only knows because he does their tax forms. Numbers like age are never mentioned. And who cares? No one..except her daughter in law's mother, she's dying to know how old my friend is. Just nosy. If her son doesn't know, why should anyone else?

It's just a number. It's not important. And you sure don't have to answer. And we all think we look younger than we are.
 memtoo
Msg: 312
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:38:05 PM

I seem to recall the ugliest man alive posted here last year and ended up planning a trip with KJ521. Wonder if that ever unfolded

So 521, what ever happened with that trip. And what happened to that poor ugly guy? Did you ever experience Aunt Sally's pancakes. I heard they were to die for.
 kj521
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:49:07 PM
^^^^^Could you be more specific as to whom you are referring to? I have met quite a few forum folks but none that I would describe as ugly. :)
 memtoo
Msg: 314
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:54:03 PM
Only that he was a Homely looking guy and wanted to travel with you in his Yugo. You never said yes as I recall... I think you may have played him along. I know he promised you a good time. How many guys with Yugos have wanted to date you as of late?
 kj521
Msg: 315
Posted: 6/21/2016 3:57:07 PM
^^^^^Oh Goodness NO! I did not meet that fella!

Between you and I......I think he was married! Yikes! :/
 BBEisBack
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:01:48 PM

I am not fond of words like "stupid" but...

But You sure love to do some SLUT Shaming......
 memtoo
Msg: 317
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:06:21 PM
^^^ could be. You never know. Maybe you would not have been the first to share Aunt Sally's pancakes. Its really possible he shared Aunt Sally's pancakes with numerous other woman . . . meaning of course that Aunt Sally's pancakes really were not important to him. And that is something you need to know up front . . . but if you ask him, he might have lied about it . . . so times it by three and you have a more likely accurate number. Guys are such scoundrels. They will share Sally's pancakes with anyone. And then Aunt Sally's world famous pancakes just aren't so good any more and have lost all meaning :-
 flman2015
Msg: 318
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:11:50 PM

But You sure love to do some SLUT Shaming......

just like saying someone is a thief is thief shaming... that rationalization does not work. if they don't like the word that identifies them then they can change their behavior. Of course, it's much easier to ask others not to call them "offensive" names than it is to behave differently.
 kj521
Msg: 319
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:19:31 PM
Thank you for that warning Mr. Memtoo.....but I think you you have a false impression of me. :)

I don't know what you been told......I'm never gonna be that girl.....oh heck.....maybe this song will express it better. ;)

https://youtu.be/IdymkbLAuAk
 kj521
Msg: 320
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:17:36 PM
Okay......sheesh! I really didn't want to address this issue but....

Mr. Flman.....

I have a question for you....

I have a friend that throughout the course of 4 years had sexual relations with between 50 to 100 men....she never really counted......only has a guestimate. She knew some of their names but most she did not. Her life did change and she married and had two children.

Based upon the posted definitions of "slut".....

1. a woman who has sexual relationships with a lot of men without any emotional involvement

2. a woman who has many casual sexual partners.

3. a sexually promiscuous woman

4. a woman or girl who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous

Would you consider my friend to be a slut? Why or why not?

vvvvv Well.....that is a good observation Jim.....so let's take that out of the equation. Was....she a slut based on the numbers?
 flman2015
Msg: 321
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:33:43 PM

Would you consider my friend to be a slut? Why or why not?

The answer is: she used to be. She fit the definition.

you kinda answered your own question with the background information you gave. Its good she turned things around.

My thoughts exactly.
 kj521
Msg: 322
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:47:05 PM
"the answer is: she used to be."

Hmmm.......let me add a few more details.

What if I told you she is a Holocaust survivor? And she was repeatedly raped by the Germans, Russians and Americans? What if I told you that some of those sexual encounters were not always against her will as she discovered she was a beautiful girl and she had something that could be traded for better treatment? And one German officer who actually treated her with kindness.....she actually fell in love with?

But based upon a "number" she is already judged. :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 323
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:49:18 PM

I have a friend that throughout the course of 4 years had sexual relations with between 50 to 100 men....

She knew some of their names but most she did not.

How could she not know the names of MOST of the men?

OK, I see the added details.

One of those statements that deliberately left out pertinent details.
 Chromis1
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:59:20 PM

And she was repeatedly raped by the Germans, Russians and Americans?

This caught my attention. The Americans and Russians? After liberation, she was still being raped? She was not free to leave?
 gtomustang
Msg: 325
What about a gal hoping to get some Benjamins?
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:12:04 PM
for whatever it may be worth, KJ, my hat's off to you. I can't believe people tried to answer that question and didn't assume there was a trap door there. I guess your "veil of innocence" does work :) Around here, we call that a "sit on the fence" question--we dare someone to sit on a fence, but don't mention its an electric or barbed wire fence. And they forget to ask :)

Admittedly, not every woman you're going to try to bed is an ex POW. Still, a woman can use a condom every time and take a while to catch an STD from numerous lovers (I have a 58 yr old friend as an example). And you can meet someone who got unlucky their first time out--I met one of those, too. The real indicator is, does she have self respect or not? She might be clean as a whistle, but with a lack of self respect, she's going to be as bad for you as one of "those girls". you're not gonna want to bring her home to mamma.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?