Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flman2015
Msg: 321
It's still a shameless slut looking for enough richards!Page 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Would you consider my friend to be a slut? Why or why not?

The answer is: she used to be. She fit the definition.

you kinda answered your own question with the background information you gave. Its good she turned things around.

My thoughts exactly.
 kj521
Msg: 322
It's still a shameless slut looking for enough richards!
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:47:05 PM
"the answer is: she used to be."

Hmmm.......let me add a few more details.

What if I told you she is a Holocaust survivor? And she was repeatedly raped by the Germans, Russians and Americans? What if I told you that some of those sexual encounters were not always against her will as she discovered she was a beautiful girl and she had something that could be traded for better treatment? And one German officer who actually treated her with kindness.....she actually fell in love with?

But based upon a "number" she is already judged. :)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 323
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:49:18 PM

I have a friend that throughout the course of 4 years had sexual relations with between 50 to 100 men....

She knew some of their names but most she did not.

How could she not know the names of MOST of the men?

OK, I see the added details.

One of those statements that deliberately left out pertinent details.
 Chromis1
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:59:20 PM

And she was repeatedly raped by the Germans, Russians and Americans?

This caught my attention. The Americans and Russians? After liberation, she was still being raped? She was not free to leave?
 gtomustang
Msg: 325
What about a gal hoping to get some Benjamins?
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:12:04 PM
for whatever it may be worth, KJ, my hat's off to you. I can't believe people tried to answer that question and didn't assume there was a trap door there. I guess your "veil of innocence" does work :) Around here, we call that a "sit on the fence" question--we dare someone to sit on a fence, but don't mention its an electric or barbed wire fence. And they forget to ask :)

Admittedly, not every woman you're going to try to bed is an ex POW. Still, a woman can use a condom every time and take a while to catch an STD from numerous lovers (I have a 58 yr old friend as an example). And you can meet someone who got unlucky their first time out--I met one of those, too. The real indicator is, does she have self respect or not? She might be clean as a whistle, but with a lack of self respect, she's going to be as bad for you as one of "those girls". you're not gonna want to bring her home to mamma.
 flman2015
Msg: 326
Posted: 6/22/2016 2:48:02 AM

But based upon a "number" she is already judged. :)

She wasn't judged on just a "number".... she was misjudged because critical information was "inadvertently" left out. (with emphasis on "inadvertently".) ;-)

What if I told you she is a Holocaust survivor? And she was repeatedly raped by the Germans, Russians and Americans? What if I told you that some of those sexual encounters were not always against her will as she discovered she was a beautiful girl and she had something that could be traded for better treatment?

What if all that information had been included in the original statement as it should have ?

one German officer who actually treated her with kindness.....she actually fell in love with?

It would be interesting to ask that German officer if he would have married a woman who had willingly had sexual relations with between 50 to 100 men....who never really counted......only has a guestimate. Who knew some of their names but most she did not.

I don't know what his answer would be but, I suspect he'd evaluate the situation differently.

from gtomustang about kj521....

I guess your "veil of innocence" does work :) Around here, we call that a "sit on the fence" question--we dare someone to sit on a fence, but don't mention its an electric or barbed wire fence. And they forget to ask :)

Nature gave us males a raw deal... we are too easily distracted by a nice smile on a good looking woman ;-)

There are signs for "children crossing", "railroad crossing", "do not molest alligators", etc... I think there should be signs for "woman wearing bikinis", "cleavage ahead", "good looking woman smiling" and so on.
 Justthefactsmamm
Msg: 327
Posted: 6/22/2016 4:25:08 AM

It would be interesting to ask that German officer if he would have married a woman who had willingly had sexual relations with between 50 to 100 men....who never really counted......only has a guestimate. Who knew some of their names but most she did not.

I don't know what his answer would be but, I suspect he'd evaluate the situation differently.

Surely this German officer didn't marry her the day he met her. Wouldn't a nefarious reputation precede her? At some point wouldn't someone had mentioned her reputed history to him? He couldn't have been totally clueless. Perhaps her past didn't make a difference in how he saw her?
 kj521
Msg: 328
Posted: 6/22/2016 4:47:33 AM
" I guess your "veil of innocence" does work :"

Mr. Gto......I am wounded, I truly am.....straight to the heart. :)

Mr. Flman......

"She wasn't judged on just a "number".... she was misjudged because critical information was "inadvertently" left out. (with emphasis on "inadvertently".) ;-)"

^^^^^Excuses and justifications.

"What if all that information had been included in the original statement as it should have ?"

I can only assume that if all the information were initially presented then we wouldn't have witnessed a wonderful example of how your (and others) heuristic thinking can lead to making a fundamental attribution error. ;)
And I won't lie.....I wouldn't have enjoyed that near as much. :D

"There are signs for "children crossing", "railroad crossing", "do not molest alligators", etc... I think there should be signs for "woman wearing bikinis", "cleavage ahead", "good looking woman smiling" and so on. "

And yet...... more excuses and justications! Lmao!

Mr. Chromis.....

"This caught my attention. The Americans and Russians? After liberation, she was still being raped? She was not free to leave?"

It is a long and convoluted story but perhaps this will shed some light. She was not Jewish. This woman was the daughter of a wealthy German family. She 14 at the time she was "taken" from her family as incentive for the relinquishment of assets to the German government that were previously denied. After being held for close to two years by the Germans and not long after her release...she had the misfortune of running into a group of Russian soldiers who detained her for six months in a temporary camp. And then after being released and some time later she was raped by a few American soldiers in a small village they had liberated.

Of course, there is much, much more to this amazing woman's story but I would have to write a book. And I don't even like to write long posts! :)
 memtoo
Msg: 329
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:10:34 AM
"What if all that information had been included in the original statement as it should have ?"

521, you went way over his head. He doesn't get it.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 330
Posted: 6/22/2016 8:29:41 AM

Nature gave us males a raw deal... we are too easily distracted by a nice smile on a good looking woman ;-)

Fortunately, some of us males grow wise to the manipulative tactics and become immune.

I can understand boys/young males falling for this but I shake my head at older guys who should know better who fall for the batting eyelashes time and time again.

Idiots.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 331
Damaged? By whom?
Posted: 6/22/2016 8:59:32 AM

for whatever it may be worth, KJ, my hat's off to you...............

LOL Well of course it is GTO, we can see that from your pic, no hat! Duh!

Now me, ............as I approach KJ with a wicked grin on my face, I have my hand raised, palm forward. Put your hand up here, girl friend. you DESERVE a high five! SMACK! Yah!
(I believe giving credit for a "job well done", and I'm positively impressed)

The example of a woman's life, such as told by KJ, is just ONE example of why it is never a good idea to judge or criticize a woman's character by a simple number. Many times women are judged on a number, and yet often, there are circumstances of which, were beyond her control.
The number could be .........one. Such as with my mother. The ER Dr who saw her, judged her as a woman who had multiple sex partners, due to the STD, and yet she was dead wrong. My mother was an innocent victim.

From childhood to adult, men and women, have been victims of sexual abuse, and all this talk of numbers, to judge or not to judge, to criticize or not, speaks volumes of the person.............. who chooses to judge, or chooses to criticize.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 332
Damaged? By whom?
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:02:06 AM

The number could be .........one. Such as with my mother. The ER Dr who saw her, judged her as a woman who had multiple sex partners, due to the STD, and yet she was dead wrong. My mother was an innocent victim.

Yeah right! I suppose she was born in a manger too. Mothers lie. Get over it.

Not all sluts are created equal. Sluts that own it are okay. Sluts that lie about it and hide it are beneath contempt. Nice girls who don't screw are just as bad.
 Vanlady47
Msg: 333
Dicks are back in full force
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:34:32 AM

Not all sluts are created equal. Sluts that own it are okay. Sluts that lie about it and hide it are beneath contempt. Nice girls who don't screw are just as bad.

No one has to justify anything to anyone. No one need lie or hide or tell. No one need answer. To me, those that ask so they can shame and judge are beneath contempt. Walk away. Don't let a virtual stranger have that type of control on you, walk away.
 memtoo
Msg: 334
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:52:25 AM
They ask the question because they are infantile, controlling and likely have some issues with a woman from their past. I haven't heard the word slut used since high school. It's amusing to hear a middle aged guy using it and in such a derogatory manner. If you did a psychoanalysis of the guy...no down you would find some deep, underlying issues.

Also he ain't the brightest, totally missed what 521 was trying to hint to him about his infantile judging of women.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 335
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:21:42 PM

They ask the question because they are infantile, controlling and likely have some issues with a woman from their past. I haven't heard the word slut used since high school. It's amusing to hear a middle aged guy using it and in such a derogatory manner. If you did a psychoanalysis of the guy...no down you would find some deep, underlying issues.

Be that as it may. You are oppressed by a patriarchy. That means that male privilege is supreme. Therefore any man has a right to comment on your filthy vag, whether he be psychotic or not, because he is inherently better than you in all cases. In times and places where justice prevails, a woman would be severely punished for such insolence and for bringing her family into disrepute. Here and now, the best way is to start seeing sluts as they really are. They are their father's or husband's problem. If a man is unattached then he may find a slut very handy.
 flman2015
Msg: 336
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:33:14 PM

kj521 & ladyinred0407

I can only assume that if all the information were initially presented

There is the reason why all relevant information wasn't presented. Sounds suspiciously like... "excuses and justifications" :-)

The example of a woman's life, such as told by KJ, is just ONE example of why it is never a good idea to judge or criticize a woman's character by a simple number.

It's also a very good example of why a person should not purposely withhold relevant information. It's an excellent example that withholding information is done with an ulterior motive.

Butterchickenchuck

Fortunately, some of us males grow wise to the manipulative tactics and become immune.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that those who believe to be immune to something, to be the first ones to fall for what they believed they were immune to. Of course, no doubt you believe that would never happen to you.

Idiots.

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself.

memtoo

Don't get so animated... you're starting to sound like you're jealous.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 337
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:51:34 PM

See, I don't understand all of this... I've been asked by lot's of women what my numbers are (were?)

I hope you said, "I used to drive the short bus for a school for the developmentally disabled. So, I had so many sexual encounters that I lost track."
 kj521
Msg: 338
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:57:20 PM
^^^^^^I certainly hope you are not implying what your post looks like.
 memtoo
Msg: 339
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:10:47 PM
"It's also a very good example of why a person should not purposely withhold relevant information. It's an excellent example that withholding information is done with an ulterior motive."

Yes, a woman has an obligation to completely, fully and with total transparency answer all qustions asked by a nutter. Because he says so. Lol...did I mention controlling?
 Vanlady47
Msg: 340
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:19:37 PM

Be that as it may. You are oppressed by a patriarchy. That means that male privilege is supreme. Therefore any man has a right to comment on your filthy vag, whether he be psychotic or not, because he is inherently better than you in all cases. In times and places where justice prevails, a woman would be severely punished for such insolence and for bringing her family into disrepute. Here and now, the best way is to start seeing sluts as they really are. They are their father's or husband's problem. If a man is unattached then he may find a slut very handy.

Well, aren't you precious.
I really wish people would post this kind of stuff on their profiles as it thins the herd.

As for -

For the most part, I've never bothered to ask unless something significant came up that kind of meant asking became pretty much a necessity..

What would be "significant" and a "necessity"??
 BBEisBack
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:19:57 PM

There is the reason why all relevant information wasn't presented. Sounds suspiciously like... "excuses and justifications" :-)

Why don't You answer my questions from Post #220 & #235?

I'm not the only one to point out that someone in your age group & what was the social sexual norm before AIDS scared people....
 gtomustang
Msg: 342
Richards need a pat on the head, too. or a neck rub
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:36:59 PM
"She wasn't judged on just a "number".... she was misjudged because critical information was "inadvertently" left out. (with emphasis on "inadvertently".) ;-)"

>>>that might be "pre judging" before all the facts are rendered in and explained, or the definition of having "prejudice". not to judge you unfairly before knowing you, or anything :)

LiR...you are a pip. and "one of those people" :) my hat would be off to you, too, but it was a windy day. lol
 flman2015
Msg: 343
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:52:49 PM

Why don't You answer my questions from Post #220 & #235?

I did answer your questions... at least the ones I thought were relevant to the discussion. The other questions seem rather irrelevant but, I will indulge you... maybe that way you'll make your point if you have one.

You claim to be 57, what were you doing sexually, 1977-1984? Before the AIDS scare changed things.
Did you live in a small town or big city, in that time period?

The age is correct. 1977 to 1984... some of that time I was attending university... and what you likely really want to know is that I had a few girlfriends who I genuinely cared for. I lived in big cities during that time.

The other questions in that post I've already answered. Go find the answers.

Did you have the same views back then?

They were a bit more relaxed back then but, not much.

Again, the rest I already answered.

Now that you got answers for all the questions you asked, do you have a point to make ?... if so, make it.

what was the social sexual norm

I couldn't careless what the sexual norm is, or was. I have my own norms based on what I want and do not want in my life. Simple.

that might be "pre judging" before all the facts are rendered in and explained,

If people want to be evaluated fairly then it is their responsibility to provide all relevant information.

Edited to add VVVVVV

Oooh! This is going to make for a very long first date, darling!

Just the date I've always wanted.... the one that lasts a lifetime. :-).... bat your eyeslashes some more :-)
 kj521
Msg: 344
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:04:14 PM
"If people want to be evaluated fairly then it is their responsibility to provide all relevant information."

Oooh! This is going to make for a very long first date, darling! Should I start with my earliest memory at age two? Or just my first boyfriend at age five and take it from there? *****bats eyelashes. :)
 memtoo
Msg: 345
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:41:40 PM
521, he is a real charmer..I kind of think.it would be a very quick date..you meet..you excuse yourself and you disappear. Or if you want to be polite, you excuse yourself with an "excuse and justification".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do most men consider women who are on pof to be "damaged goods"?