Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The I-don't-need-someone-to-'care'-for-me profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matyko
Msg: 50
The I-don't-need-someone-to-'care'-for-me profilePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^ I don't know Penny. I think it's getting harder and harder to find a Stepford wife type that is willing to provide documents as to purity of body, purity of race and an ancestry background making sure there is not "one drop" hiding in the wood pile. I'm sure there are one or two women out there that like the subservient, two steps behind, treat him like a god type, put him on a pedestal lifestyle. Or he could buy one buy they wouldn't be the right colour.

I do agree though, if you're an odd duck, post it loud and proud on your profile for all to see. I don't want to waste my time, none of us should.
 deetristate
Msg: 51
The I-don't-need-someone-to-'care'-for-me profile
Posted: 5/22/2016 6:56:33 AM
"the antisocial media is once again doing it's best to dismantle the core family unit and women have been brainwashed to believe that they should be completely independent and shun males that want to provide, protect and "belong" to a woman. "

That .^^^^

And most of the women pushing it are deep down man haters (probably, like the religious haters, something happened to them in their youth. . . or they went to school in MA) and old broads who made that bed and it is too late to get a new one so "that's their story and they are sticking to it."

I did laugh but I kinda feel sorry for them.

Even that "feminist" Gloria Steinem changed her tune in her old age but the other broads haven't caught on ( they are not rich and can't afford it, I guess) and are leaving their granddaughters to clean up and deal with so many non-men in the West.

(The person who posts here that works for the IT company that runs this site should stop taking things so personally)
 usernonymous
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/1/2016 5:28:11 AM
Whatsamattababy: its not a stereotype, it is a reality. Look at the macrodata. Asian women arent the passive, submissive women waiting to be good housewives and mothers as some people still believe them to be. Most asians, whether here or in asia, are becoming more educated and career oriented, per capita, over all other ethnic groups.

If you go to silicon valley as often as I do, you would see that with female programmers, engineers, program managers, they are overly asian, whether east/south "oriental" asians or south asian Indians/Pakistani/etc.
 missrightright
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/1/2016 2:43:54 PM

., what disturbs me is this: "I don't need someone to 'care' for me. I can do that very well for myself, thank you."

I don't know why it would "disturb" you. If those women aren't your cup of tea, click on "next".

The worldwide explosion of homosexuality, the phenomenon of Western men turning to Asian women, and of course the ever-sharp teeth of feminism, are making things difficult for women, as their profiles testify.

I think the more open attitudes toward homosexuality probably affect the dating pool for straight men and women equally.

As far as feminism making dating difficult, I guess you would have to compare them to non-feminist women. There seem to be plenty of non-feminist women and men here who are still single...
 chinook1111
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/1/2016 8:30:20 PM
Glad I have one that loves to cook and still wants lots of sex.
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/2/2016 9:04:07 AM

Whenever I see “I don’t need someone to care for me”, or somesuch, I always take it to mean that the woman wants to make it clear that she is fine by herself, and isn’t looking for a “sugar-daddy” or doting daddy-figure to pay her way through life and make all the decisions

But it's funny how some of these women who make such claims still think it's man's job to pay for dates and do the chasing, often using the reason "I'm old fashion/I'm traditional". Old fashion or traditional women didn't make claims about not needing someone-at least not as much as nowadays.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/7/2016 5:41:16 AM
hmmmmm...both sets of my grandparents lasted til death do us part

all my aunts, uncles and parents grew up in a small town and married young

my mother learned how to cook, can, garden, sew as a teenager
so that she would be a good wife/mother
she learned how to walk in heels with a book on her head
and sit like a lady

that was the early sixties..

ten years later it was the seventies and more women were entering
college and the work force and divorce became more acceptable

by the 80's my mother ( like many women) was a single mom with three kids
going back to get her degree and going full force into a career

used to be a one or the other choice
you could be a stay at home mother and homemaker or you would have a career
but since then..women have juggled both
now..in order to do that..women have had to become

independent as in less dependent on someone else
strong, confident in order to compete in a 'man's world'
now women can enter almost any field
they can be a fire fighter, a police woman or join the military
or they can be a doctor or a lawyer or a judge
but yet still deal with the glass ceiling

generations of women fought hard for us to get here

but by doing this.. the 'traditional' family has also gone thru
a transition..with dual career couples now being the norm

some men ( not all) have had to deal with how they feel
if their wife makes more then they do or has a more prestigious job
some men ( not all) have had to deal with taking on more of the child care
child rearing responsibilities, house hold chores because their wife
has a job in which she is expected to put in long hours or travel

some men ( not all) look back to the old days with nostalgia wishing
that they could find a woman that was more like dear old mom
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2016 5:51:29 AM
At times, it seems as if no one cares anymore... When confronted with such attitudes having a profile stating "I don't need someone to care for me" could just put the uncaring folks on notice that their lack of caring would be welcome and appreciated.

I mean, if one needs no one to care for them then maybe the best person for them would be someone who doesn't care?
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/7/2016 5:53:31 AM
depends on what they mean by that

do they mean I have a job, my own place and pay my own bills

or do they mean

I have been hurt so much in past relationships
that I am now afraid to let anyone in
 dragonbytes
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2016 6:04:46 AM

I wonder what others think of this situation. Would you want to be with a woman, or a man, seeking a long-term relationship, if that person made it clear that he or she did not need you to 'care' for them?

I wouldn't.

My first profile, I said I am an old guy looking for a young woman to take care of me.

I was shocked at how very relies I got, and those that did respond were a tad insulting. I think they were those "deep down man haters" dee was posting about.

I guess this really is, YMMV.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/7/2016 6:12:07 AM
hmmm since I am getting a Master's in Counseling
let me just say what that comes across as

older man looking for a younger woman to take care of me

1. your unemployed
2. your disabled or dealing with an illness
3. your ex wife took ya for everything ya got
 Maleman999
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/7/2016 8:41:32 AM
^^^"older man looking for a younger woman to take care of me"

The opposite is more common-younger woman looking for an older man to take care of her.
Do points 1 to 3 apply to those women?
 ThisIsWhatYouCameHereFor
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/10/2016 3:57:50 AM
A lot of men in emails which can be very "old" state how they will take care of us and make sure we are safe LOL. Some women are perhaps trying to say " I have a job I support myself I don't need a man for this ". Not all women are looking to be taken care of.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The I-don't-need-someone-to-'care'-for-me profile