Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Holocaust survivor denied right to testify at nazi guard trial this w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raisehill
Msg: 101
Holocaust survivor denied right to testify at nazi guard trial this weekPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well let me borrow an accusation from Kj521, you engage in didactic thinking, and you conflate issues. For example, you don't see the difference between religion and belief in god. Don't have the time to educate you on your many failings right now.
 benartflick
Msg: 102
Holocaust survivor denied right to testify at nazi guard trial this week
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:26:37 AM

And....I also believe....even when following orders....you always have a choice and are still accountable.

I agree with you, kj. My GUESS many here don't believe that when it pertains to American wrongdoings.

History repeats itself over and over again probably since the beginning of time.

Two part Jewish/atheist American members (whatever that means) on another web site called a Nazi a monster for supplying transportation to death camps. They weren't aware of that ancient guy killing anybody - ever, but he did deserve a death sentence. No doubt in their minds.

Okay! What confuses me is both agreed Lt. Calley shouldn't have been punished at all after being convicted of murdering 109 innocent people. Calley also tossed Vietnamese children and babies into a ditch and shot them. He was convicted of killing one of those children - a boy under the age of two.

His excuse was that he thought he was ordered to kill every person living in My Lai. (And he undoubtedly knew that would be an unlawful order. WE ALL were clearly informed that even killing a prisoner that might jeopardize our mission would be murder and we could be executed for following that unlawful order. Maybe he wasn't paying attention and too stupid to realize it was a serious crime: murdering children.)

One of the 'hang all Nazis' guys' only argument in Calley's defense was, "Shut the *uck up - you weren't there!" Funny, he was never in Germany, but he was barely smart enough to realize that was wrong.
 raisehill
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:04:12 AM

Okay! What confuses me is both agreed Lt. Calley shouldn't have been punished at all after being convicted of murdering 109 innocent people

Ben, Ben, Ben, I've seen enough of your postings to know you do not know the difference between truth and facts or fantasy and lies. I am calling you on this. Why not give us the cite to the message board, the thread, the number, the names . . . so we can see if you are telling the truth. ten to one you are not.
 chinook1111
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:26:51 AM
Many Vietnam vets in canada.Anybody else hear that My Lai was not the only incident?
 Maleman999
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:56:13 AM
Although the Holocaust was a huge tragedy, it wasn't the only tragedy that cost millions of lives in WW2. There were German labor camps that people were forced into, and conditions were not much better than the concentration camps. Nobody was gassed in the labor camps, but people were dying on a consistent basis, pretty much daily, from starvation, people being literally worked to death, lack of medical care, getting shot for not being able or willing to do the work assigned, etc. Doing a quick search on Google, 12 million people were in forced labor camps (couldn't find a figure of how many actually survived). Why isn't or wasn't there any hunt for the Nazi soldiers who were posted at the labor camps?
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_labour_under_German_rule)

On top of the people dying in concentration and labor camps, millions died from acts of war-either soldiers in battle or cases where entire cities or towns were wiped off the face of the earth, along with every resident in it. In another google search, it is estimated that between 50-70 million people were killed as a result of World War 2. In the site I'm looking at, the nation with highest number of casualties is the U.S.S.R. with 26.6 million killed.
(http://worldwar2.org.uk/how-many-people-died-in-world-war-2)
The top Nazi's who were captured alive got their just deserts, but are the soldiers who were posted at concentration camps the only foot soldiers that have been sought out?
 raisehill
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:03:30 PM
^^^ True. About 4% of the population of the world was wiped out. There is of course a distinction with the holocaust . . . because the efforts of government were turned to irradicate an entire peoples . . . but still how many did Stalin intentionally kill? How many millions. How about George W Bush by starting a war against Iraq on false pretenses . . . supposedly just to take out one man. The death and destruction he caused certainly makes him a war criminal in my book, as does LBJ's expanding the Vietnam War to 500,000 troops and Nixon's sabotaging the peace talks to keep Humphrey from being elected.

Millions have been killed due to the actions of just a very small number of men. I suppose all we can do is go after the worst offenders. I just wish we would go after GWB. Put that **stard and Cheney, in jail and throw away the key.
 00Spy
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:32:58 PM
praise, You forgot Bill Clinton who bombed a pharmaceutical factory killings thousands instantly and many more who could not get medicine.
Bill Clinton war criminal- why would any American vote for a woman married to a war criminal.
With the unique circumstance, very few survivors left and the unbelievable atrocity of the Holocaust that survivor should have been allowed to testify.
 raisehill
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:37:50 PM
Clinton's mistake was not going to war in Afghanistan after the Cole or the First World trade center attack, rather than lobbing a few cruise missiles as retaliation for what happened.

Why would any vote for Hillary? Well, how about the alternative is far, far worse?
 00Spy
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:44:38 PM
There you have it folks a vote for the wife of an International War Criminal is better than the vote for a businessman with bad hair.
The ideology of the left on full display it's the thought that counts regardless of the actions.
 raisehill
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:51:59 PM

There you have it folks a vote for the wife of an International War Criminal is better than the vote for a businessman with bad hair.
The ideology of the left on full display it's the thought that counts regardless of the actions.

You would get more respect on here Spy if you were not so disingenuous about everything. Its pretty clear why people laugh at you here . . . because you make no sense. Its not that you are a Republican. Its because you are an oddball.

The only one who claims Clinton is a War Criminal is you. The only one who claims Trump is only a businessman with bad hair is you. The only one who claims Hillary is not qualified to be President because she is married to Bill is you. I don't agree in the least with any of your conclusions. I honestly do not understand people who do not see the flaws and dangers in a man like Trump. I get somebody like you supporting him . . . but not an otherwise rational and logical person. I get people want change . . . but Trump? of all people Trump? Wow.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2016 12:55:18 PM

On Friday, presiding judge Anke Grudda said: ‘No further evidence is needed. The court has no doubts on this aspect.’

Yeah. So.... what's controversial at all? Sounds like 100% the right decision. It's unnecessary. It's not needed.
 raisehill
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:00:09 PM
^^^^ Because Norwegian, it would have meant alot to the former prisoner who traveled there to testify. What would have been the harm in letting him do so? But we were dealing with a "German" judge right? So not surprised. Those people are not known as the warmest or most empathetic people in the world are they?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:12:34 PM

Those people are not known as the warmest or most empathetic people in the world are they?

You should start another holocaust.
 00Spy
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:14:26 PM
praise, you obviously do not understand parody.
You obviously don't see the flaws in a man, err excuse me a woman named Hillary.
btw - who says I want your respect irish... or is it someone else today?
Judging by your wild claims and ignorance of history I am guessing skoochie.
 raisehill
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:18:21 PM

You should start another holocaust.

You are much more likeable with your jokes and one liners than saying something as utterly stupid and offensive as this. If you don't like my assessment of a people I consider cold and standoffish . . . tough shit.

praise, you obviously do not understand parody.
You obviously don't see the flaws in a man, err excuse me a woman named Hillary.
btw - who says I want your respect irish... or is it someone else today?
Judging by your wild claims and ignorance of history I am guessing skoochie.

You are losing it Spy. Parody is not what you are doing. I never said I don't see Flaws in Hillary. For the most part, I can't stand her or what she stands for to tell you the truth. I am neither Irish nor Skoochie . . .others, like myself, might find many of your posts nonsensical.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:19:10 PM

Because Norwegian, it would have meant alot to the former prisoner who traveled there to testify.

Yeah, but, not to sound like a d!ck... it's a court -- not a reality show. I'm sure there's lots of things he'd like to say, but if it's unnecessary, it's unnecessary. I would be driven to say something for evidence when the evidence is needed, but if it's case-closed and my story wouldn't add anything to it -- I dunno, I wouldn't feel so compelled. But IMO, that's not necessary. Now, if they wouldn't let him in To the court to watch the trial -- then I can understand that's kind of a d!ck move if he traveled out there as a legitimate party To provide testimony.

What would have been the harm in letting him do so?

True. It'd absolutely be no travesty by any means or anything, but again, I don't think it should be controversial going by-the-book either. My guess is there'd be tons of people lined up wanting to say things, and it'd go on and on... while their position is -- hey, we got enough and then some on him... this is a court, that's all we need and that's all this is about. I dunno, maybe it's because I have some German genes in me making me be by-the-book too much. :)
 raisehill
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:22:51 PM
^^^^ Except there is no evidence of "tons" of other people being there . . . just this guy. Additionally, Courts are very much about resovling disputes and helping people with Closure. That is the whole point of a Court. Rather than people seeking justice outside a Court, they do so inside a Court. Good judges recognize it is important to allow people to have their say. Bad judges don't. Its as simple as that.
 00Spy
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:29:04 PM
Parody is exactly what I was doing! A parody of your equating Bush to Stalin and Hitler.
Then you claim I make disingenuous statements.
Prove one fact wrong but think first and recognize the parody of wild statements like yours.
 raisehill
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:35:16 PM
I called Bush a war criminal. That does not mean I am claiming he was equivalent to Stalin or Hitler. You always make all kinds of assumptions that are not supported . . . one of your faults Those monsters were in class by themselves . . .well . .. there are probably some in history whom they could be compared to and some alive today . . .who lack only the opportunity to do what these people did.

But yea, think of all those killed by Bush, all those maimed, in the Mideast and in the US, all of the depression, the suicides, the trillions down the drain . . . and why? For what purpose? War Criminal designation does not have to be reserved for the worst of the worst after all.
 benartflick
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:41:55 PM

Ben, Ben, Ben, I've seen enough of your postings to know you do not know the difference between truth and facts or fantasy and lies.

What? Ya think I might have been kidding about my psychic/massage therapist's prediction?

Well, maybe Oprah won't be our next president and Susan Sarandon probably isn't interested in being her VP. Blame my massage/psychic therapist - not me.

Other than that, I don't recall anything else that might be remotely unbelievable.

I did write "on another web site" in my posting on this thread. Can't you read, sir?

The forum I referred to is on a writer's web site (Zoetrope). I wrote a screenplay about the My Lai massacre many years ago and made a video about it. https://youtu.be/y0cpedIIU-Y.

Do you doubt two men believe Lt. Calley should not be punished?

Lt. Calley was charged with murdering 109 people. He was convicted of murdering only 22 - my mistake - not a lie. I can't even guess why he wasn't convicted of murdering at least 109.

Back in the 70's it was difficult finding Americans that thought Calley should be punished.

People were knocking on doors to get names on a petition to pardon Calley. Nixon eventually gave the murderer a pardon after he spent 3 days in prison and time under house arrest.

Do you think that there isn't any Americans on this forum believing Calley shouldn't be punished for what he did? What is YOUR opinion on Calley and everyone else involved in killing women and children that day? Do you believe every murderer should have been punished?

I do! And I was serving in Vietnam a few months after those murders. I heard rumors but I didn't believe them.

If I was there and ordered to kill those people thrown into a ditch, I would have refused like many others did. No doubt! I refused to kiss my weapon and tell it I love it in Basic Training. Nothing happened to me or the ones that refused to take part in a mass murder.

A member on that writer's forum called me a coward for serving in Vietnam and another member a hero for running to Canada. Ya don't believe that either - right? Ya want 10 to 1 odds? I'll prove it! There are a lot of crazy people on forums. You haven't noticed?
 00Spy
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/22/2016 7:01:30 PM
How about Obama praise?
Is he a war criminal?
He started a war in Iraq.
I guess that makes him a war criminal too.
Or is he just a minor war criminal on your sliding scale. Sorta "war criminal light".
Parody- “If smart people are parodying it, that's a sure sign that some less smart people are believing it.”
You are a believer, aren't you praise.
 chinook1111
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/22/2016 7:19:11 PM
Hillary gave the go ahead to bomb Libya,why would she not be considered a war criminal Raise?What was the excuse actually Raise Hill? Gaddafi was trying to get other African countries to leave the dollar and go to gold was it?IMF wouldn't have liked this?Who does Hillary actually represent?Was it the American people?Or really rich people?Trump is not owned,he is too full of himself to be owned.Are you getting it?
 matyko
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/22/2016 7:20:26 PM
^^^. Obama started a war? When? Iraq war has been going on since 2003 according to Wiki.

Wait until the shit hits the fan if Trump is elected. WW3+
 00Spy
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/22/2016 7:44:56 PM
Sure cause wiki says.
But other quotes say otherwise... remember back in good ole 2012;

“He has taken good care of our men and women in uniform, he has ended the war in Iraq.” Bill Clinton.
“Remind them that this is the president that ended the war in Iraq.” Michelle Obama.

Actually take it right from President Obama himself when he pronounced the war over.

“You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say – I said I’d end the war in Iraq, I ended it.” President Obama.

So what is this new war?
Who's war is it?
 raisehill
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/22/2016 9:51:01 PM
" How about Obama praise? Is he a war criminal? He started a war in Iraq"

Spy you act like an idiot to see if people will take your bait. Fuk you. Ain't playing the stupid Game with you. Say something intelligent and we'll play.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Holocaust survivor denied right to testify at nazi guard trial this week