Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much do you weigh?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EatLiftLaugh
Msg: 76
How much do you weigh?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Full Strength is also a brand of a nutrition meal replacement shake from a well known fitness author, motivational speaker, and bodybuilder/cyclist. It's part of a philosophy... but I am just spewing out air at this point, because no one here has a clue what I am talking about.
 ohenryx
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 10:57:27 AM

clooneystutor
A female power lifter sent me some of her workout videos to convince me she was athletic.

I could tell she worked out, but her figure still resembled a square. She had no neck.

If you're not willing to wear Speedos or a Thong, sober with the lights on, you're NOT athletic.

YMMV

This is how I got into trouble here in the first place. Ms A put me on a partial ban, 5 posts per day, cannot start a new thread, etc, several years back. It all started when a woman posted in the middle of a long running thread complaining that she never got messages from men.

I went and looked at her profile, she was into "cross training", and all of her pictures were of her in the gym. She was doing heavy squats with what looked to be more weight that I could handle ( and I am pretty big and fairly strong). I posted a reply in the thread, saying that her profile pictures were "intimidating", and that she needed to post pictures of her that showed a "more feminine side".

Bingo! Instant partial ban. Gotta love Ms A.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 78
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 2:13:17 PM

Being a weight lifter doesn't always mean you are healthy. Many weightliftrs ignore cardio, take many supplements (many unhealthy), play with steroids and growth hormones and a heart attack waiting to happen. Some, not all. And, IMO, it's an unattractive "look" being all muscled up like a prize bull out to stud. JMO. So, you can lift weights and it doesn't mean you're in shape.

Sometimes we get a big ole surprise at who we look at and go - "I'm really attracted to him/her and they are totally not what I'm usually attracted to." It's so much better when we get to an age where the inside starts to trump the outside in what we deem attractive.

It depends on the person, some people naturally achieve a lean, muscular look without working at all while others can bulk up with ease, when I returned from boot camp and was at 184 with six pack abs my ex-GF hated it she didn't like me having abs at all but I didn't care because I felt good. When I was at my skinniest at 176 prior to go to bootcamp, I felt weak, I was doing straight cardio and dieting a lot in order to make weight, I had a swimmer build that I didn't like but some women seemingly loved, I have a gut now that I'm trying to lose and maybe I'm overexaggerating it but the girl I'm seeing now seems to love it even if I hate it.
 TheRebelYell
Msg: 79
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 2:42:34 PM

Full Strength is also a brand of a nutrition meal replacement shake from a well known fitness author, motivational speaker, and bodybuilder/cyclist. It's part of a philosophy... but I am just spewing out air at this point, because no one here has a clue what I am talking about.

I love the "philosophy" stuff, kind of like the Tony Robbins fans or the gospel according to Steve Harvey or the Meleluca folks or the Amway people or the "chosen" making fortunes on multi-level marketing and home shows. Yup, right up there with those that talk in tongues and have a special connection with...who knows what. And yes, 99% of it is spewing hot air.

Find someone that fits you and stay healthy.
 Cindi_loo
Msg: 80
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 2:45:03 PM
An actual number doesn't always tell you what someone's body actually looks like.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 4:32:21 PM

On the conflict: No messages RECEIVED initially, but the few that would respond to my message to them to BEGIN a conversation, that's where I would hear "I'm out of their league"

So basically you're saying you wild mixed reviews when you put your whole body up there, but in the end, get more incoming messages when you don't. But at 5'7" 250 -- I'd like to see. Put up your full body one. You don't have to keep it on forever to do damage. I mean, as you say, you get mixed reviews anyway -- and it wouldn't be for very long.

About the concept of "Athletic" -- there's a difference between athletic build and being an athlete. A baseball player, who is an athlete, can have a very non-athletic build. The latter is what's the topic here. Also, someone can have lots of muscle, but also lots of fat -- and not have an athletic build. You could say they could get into weight lifting competitions, so they have an athletic build in some narrow sense -- but at the same time, generally speaking, they do not. And at the same time still not fitting the general term of "fat" either, as there's a lot of visible muscle there compared to it to balance out the term as well. Just "a big guy".
 Ouija2025
Msg: 82
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 5:19:21 PM
But see... again a classic example of people making excuses for why they don't land their dream dates
" I'm too old, short, skinny, muscle bound, refined, evil" ( ok, the evil is mine)
We don't learn from success ( reward) we learn from failure.
So, embrace what sets you apart ( freakish big head, voice that can crack ice, short, tall, round or a pencil) You are you, can't do much about it except say you going to be the best damn YOu possible
Then things fall into place
Unless you are idk, a serial killer.. then you go to jail
Otherwise. Just be who you are, there are worse things than being single
 bamagrl68
Msg: 83
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 6:27:04 PM
So, this one is now 4 pages long, as if the other thread about weight wasn't enough?
Wow, just, wow!
I know people who weigh the exact same thing, yet look completely different and I'm not talking about an obvious comparison, like male verses female or short verses tall, but same gender, same height, same weight, but the weight is distributed differently resulting in two different body types.
I'm starting to think some of you take scales to dates. Geez, obsessed much?
I am 25 pounds over my ideal weight for my height, so I put a few pounds over weight.
Some would see me and think I should have put heavy, some would see me and agree with a few pounds over, some (my favorite kind) would see me and think, wow, look at that red hair, those blue eyes, that smile.
Perspective, people!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 84
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 7:06:42 PM
Many times I'll see a gal list 'a few pounds overweight' and think she could easily pass for average, or 'above average' if such a label existed.

I also believe 20-30lbs overweight is typical of the 40+ crowd.

YMMV
 bamagrl68
Msg: 85
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 7:19:09 PM
clooneystutor- Well, now you know some smarty pants is going to say I'm making excuses, but you are SO right. (about the age factor)
My high school class just had a mini reunion that I did not attend, but the official 30 year one is coming up in August. (HOW does that happen? Where does the time go?)
There were pictures of the mini reunion that should make me quite ok with how I look!
There may have been 2-4 people that were still thin, the rest, well, yeah, I think I might just go. ;)
 south_city
Msg: 86
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 8:03:45 PM
I like athletic / fit women with some muscle. But I'm not physically attracted to women that look like professional bodybuilders. Big difference in body type.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 87
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 8:38:41 PM

and I am an intellectual, I seek BRAINS!

Well, Mr. "Intellectual", perhaps you could explain how this statement makes any sense:

I was a bullied fat kid who got skinny in high school from smoking cigarettes then starting getting fat again after high school since there was no more gym classes..

Well, which was it that made you thin in high school, the cigarettes or the gym classes?
Because you still could have kept smoking after high school if that was what made you thin. (Not that I recommend smoking as a weight loss program- I oppose it)
So the gym classes would have been irrelevant.

5'7", 253 lbs.: BMI is between 35-39.99 (Obese Class 2). It says I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the BMI.
What is your body fat percentage?

I still enjoy things like junk food on occasion.

Me, too.
Occasions like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc.

Online dating is complicated.

Only because people make it that way.

A female power lifter sent me some of her workout videos to convince me she was athletic.

I could tell she worked out, but her figure still resembled a square. She had no neck.

Was she Russian with a deep voice?

About the concept of "Athletic" -- there's a difference between athletic build and being an athlete. A baseball player, who is an athlete, can have a very non-athletic build

400 pound sumo wrestlers are "athletes"
It's the national sport of Japan.

From Wikipedia:

"Sports in Japan are a significant part of Japanese culture. Both traditional sports such as sumo and martial arts, and Western imports like baseball and association football, are popular with both participants and spectators. Sumo wrestling is considered Japan's national sport."

Unless you are idk, a serial killer.. then you go to jail
Otherwise. Just be who you are, there are worse things than being single.

Like being married............

To an abuser.......or a serial killer.

We don't learn from success ( reward)

Excuse me?
I do.
Like, when someone gives me money, I learn that I like people giving me money.

we learn from failure.

Like when someone's parachute doesn't open, they learn that they really shouldn't have gone skydiving that day?

I am certainly the minority here

Actually, I am.

A 59 year old man who didn't smoke and has never been fat and still has the same 34" waist size since age 36, all the while eating whatever I like and never being on a diet.
 south_city
Msg: 88
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 8:41:53 PM

“Athletic” is definitely one of the trickier categories. Most NFL offensive linemen are without a doubt “athletic” by definition and could probably run circles around most of the people in this thread, yet 6’2” 350 pound guys are obese by BMI scales, and they certainly aren’t the same kind of “athletic” a 6’2” 250 pound linebacker or a 6’2” 200 pound receiver are.

A NFL lineman or a big tall NBA player ( such as Shaq when he was younger ) are probably the rare exceptions though. I think most people that weigh 300+ lbs are obese and out of shape.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 89
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/1/2016 10:17:32 PM

400 pound sumo wrestlers are "athletes"
It's the national sport of Japan.

Yeah... and my point was that you can be an athlete because you compete in athletics. You could even be good at it, too. But that doesn't mean you have an athletic build.

You could take Hawking (5'4") and put him on a basketball team and he could play. Even be real good, too. He's a basketball player. But it doesn't mean he has a basketball player's build.
 EatLiftLaugh
Msg: 90
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/2/2016 12:39:54 PM
Most of ya'll are crazy (NOT ALL.) Questioning people left and right, instead of just openingly listening to opinions and having discussions. There are bullies here. There are people here that are obviously single for reasons and they need to take a long good look in the mirror. Based on things I've typed they are being JUDGED as FACT and I am being QUESTIONED for my "views" and "opinions" - with that said ... peace out, I regret participating on the forums, I certainly do not belong here.

Bama girl 68 and Cindi loo are right on.... weight doesn't tell you anything, someone that weighs something doesn't look the same as the person that weighs the same.... it's body types (there are 3: meso, endo, ecto) and how you life and how your genetics are and a million other factors.

These discussions are pointless... the bait posts asking me to post a body pic is hilarious. I don't bow down to the demands of strangers online - because no matter what photo I post, you WILL criticize it because some of you in particular have no life and are on here to cause trouble....

I'm here between conference calls blowing time... my life will be better off not on these forums, IT'S POISON!!!

Good luck all.. PEACE OUT!!!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 91
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 6/2/2016 12:47:10 PM
Say whaaaa?

Who are you blowing between conference calls?
 KPOL52
Msg: 92
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/20/2018 7:05:50 PM
Funny you should ask. 173 pounds fully clothed yesterday at the doctors for an annual blood draw required for work. Was happy with my weight but not very happy with my Apple cider colored urine after a 10 hour fast. WTH! I was not dehydrated. Must have been the lighting in the bathroom.
 julystorm7
Msg: 93
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 1:10:44 AM
I'm 217 lbs and almost 5'9. Since I was 17, I've been bigger. All the women in my family for at least the last 3 generations suddenly got bigger at around 17. I went from the 130s to the 170s that year despite zero changes in diet or physical activity. In high school I played hockey, rugby, soccer and track and field. The doctor diagnosed me with a thyroid condition. I wasn't ever fat, just more curvy and tall. I didn't gain more weight until my first 2 pregnancies which I had a really hard time shedding. After my 3rd baby in 2016 I was at 241 lbs. Since then I've gotten down to 217 (24 lbs) and in 2018 my goal is to get below 200. I've been working really hard at it.

My weight absolutely holds me back in the dating department. Not only in terms of my confidence but my weight holds me back from higher calibre guys. I try to go for guys who weigh the same or more than me but it never works. Because I'm a bit shallow too. I work hard at being physically fit so I expect a guy to try too. But every time I meet up with a bigger guy I find out he does nothing for exercise and eats junk food constantly. I want someone who at least tries to live healthier.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 94
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 8:22:03 AM
a fellow takes a blind date to the fair.

He asks her what she wants to do, and she says she wants to get weighed. So he takes her to the guy who predicts weight and age. When done, the guy asks his blind date if there's anything else she'd like to do, and she says she'd love to get weighed. This goes on a few more times, before the guy gets sick of it and takes her home.

when the guy gets home, his roommate asks how it was, and he talks about this weird woman who just wanted to get weighed.

The girl gets asked by her roommate how the date went, and she simply says, "wousy"
 spot4username
Msg: 95
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 8:46:22 AM
OH JOY!!!
A thread about weight has been revived.
Whenever I have had my profile active I have always listed my weight in the about me section. That way the person looking at my profile didn't have to do any guesswork. They either liked what they saw/read or they didn't.
 julystorm7
Msg: 96
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 10:54:24 AM

Whenever I have had my profile active I have always listed my weight in the about me section. That way the person looking at my profile didn't have to do any guesswork. They either liked what they saw/read or they didn't.

I honestly wish more people would do this. Honestly, I do not see the point of lying about it. I post a full pic in my profile so people know so there's no surprises and no obviously disappointed reactions. There's a lot of guys out there that will go out with someone with a few extra pounds. The trouble is that a lot of guys don't mind having sex with an overweight woman but they don't want a girlfriend to be overweight. And it's so difficult to tell.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 97
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 11:49:03 AM

The trouble is that a lot of guys don't mind having sex with an overweight woman but they don't want a girlfriend to be overweight. And it's so difficult to tell.

Like many other things, girl or guy, they're Rarely going to tell the other person to their face something straight-up like that. Best you'll get which isn't so rare is that they're not looking to rush into a relationship, take the casual approach, etc. If it's a gal who's in Relationship-or-Bust mode -- that'll only make a guy lean on fibbing that a Relationship's a true possibility. But then again, so early on, one shouldn't expect any answer on "Relationship with me? yes or no?"

First, we don't care about weight necessarily. We care about build. So do girls about guys. Take a short guy with non-broad shoulders. A gal who struggles to get a date with a "decent guy" may say "Oh, I'll take that" -- but in the end, for many, it's much like the guy going out with a notably overweight gal. After the dust settles, attention & affection, ehhh "something's missing". :) It's human nature both ways...

You said you found out you had thyroid issues as your culprit. Do you take thyroid supplements/meds to counteract that -- to make sure it's not any notable culprit?
 Nestaron
Msg: 98
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 12:04:13 PM
Interesting this thread came out now I just got back from doctors 142 lbs with 32' waist and 40' chest.
 julystorm7
Msg: 99
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/21/2018 2:29:37 PM
Yup I've taken synthyroid for years and that helps me. A doctor took me off it for a few years because he thought from my bloodwork that I didn't need it but it turns out he didn't request a certain test that showed something. I was tired all the time and lacked the energy for things and I found exercising really difficult. However, that's in the past. I've been trying to eat things that boost my metabolism to lose wait and it seems to work.

I get what you are saying regarding a girl taking a guy who she doesn't view as her type of physically attractive, at least for a short-term thing. Girls and guys aren't really much different that way. Obviously, you can't make yourself be attracted to someone. I'm attracted to taller guys but its because I feel bigger when a guy is shorter than me and I don't like it at all. I've met some nice guys in person that lied about there height online but I just can't adapt to the height deficit. It drives me bonkers.

I've taken a break from dating. I definitely don't want to get into a serious relationship but on the other hand I don't want casual stuff. Just not into that. And I've decided I won't date until I get under that 200 pound mark. I have to be happy with myself and my body before I can really be in a relationship. And my desire for a better weight is because I want to be healthier and look healthier. I expect a guy to want to be healthier and be physically active so its only fair.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 100
view profile
History
How much do you weigh?
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:36:28 AM
132lb but I used to be 37lb heavier. I still dislike the shape/fatness of my body but the guy I'm going to date is really understanding about it.
I wouldn't not date because of it but I would need the room to be dimly lit and him to not deliberately try to look at my body or strip me naked lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much do you weigh?