Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Where did all my male friends go?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Where did all my male friends go?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

It makes me feel like women are still viewed by men as being inferior - of no value other for their appearance.

That's not true! Can you cook? Raise children? Go to Church?
 Blue_Highway
Msg: 49
Where did all my male friends go?
Posted: 9/15/2016 11:46:02 PM
While my friends and I often seem to be on opposite sides of the coin; the few that remain today are still there because we have no hang ups nor pass judgments upon one another.

My conclusion now is that these men were my friends because they found me physically attractive. This makes me so sad, not specifically for myself, but for humankind. It makes me feel like women are still viewed by men as being inferior - of no value other for their appearance. Am I right?

Maybe some truths, yet I see it in a different way.
There will be people that will come in to your life that will make you think you are friends when you really are not. If you are physically attractive, it doesn't always mean they only want to be friends so they can jump in the sack with you. Some will just make friends based on this to up their social status. More good looking people pool more good looking people. An example or you can take it with a grain of salt. OLD photos with friends. I have yet to run across a group of friends photo on here to where there is a less than appealing guy or girl with them. I'm sure they have them, but they either have been cut from the photo like Uncle Buck feeling an embarrassment or just wasn't invited. I agree that it is sad to be used in such a way.
 Yg23320
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/11/2016 1:39:08 AM
Never say never or always but there are very very few men who would consider you as a strictly platonic friend - no interest whatsoever under any circumstances "friend". I'm pretty sure you already know this, just enjoyed the attention.
Of course yes, there's always a few exceptional exceptions. The exception to the rule does not disprove the rule.
Many put on a good show about it and never break character. Why any guy would continue on with the tease/torment of this is beyond me. Some guys are just gluttons for punishment.
Your mindless behaviour can only be excused out of possible ignorance. Even that is thin excuse.
But, now that you know, you should conduct yourself accordingly.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/11/2016 6:06:14 PM
^ Haha! You're a riot!
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/11/2016 6:37:51 PM
You might as well save your breath Y. I've been trying to tell her that for a year in private messages.

Dames, eh? You're not even allowed to slug em anymore.....no wonder they can't learn. I blame liberals.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2016 6:38:53 PM
OMG! Yes, he really is a riot! Thanks for the laugh.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/12/2016 7:59:59 PM

Dames, eh? You're not even allowed to slug em anymore.....

A true gentleman makes his point with CITRUS.

https://youtu.be/k4R5wZs8cxI
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/12/2016 8:03:18 PM
What does it say about me that I don't even need to follow that link to know what I'll see?

It's James Cagney and the grapefruit right?
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/12/2016 8:13:02 PM
Ooh ... you are so well versed in breakfast etiquette.

Don't forget to use your citrus spoon!
 justdeb111a
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 10:38:55 PM

OP...Have some of these guys gotten married or into serious relationships?

That and we are so mobile these days that people you knew decades ago may have moved on literally.

Op didn't say how long ago that her male friends dropped off, but I bet it is either they have married or moved.

Also Whattsa and halfnot need to get a room--you can cut the sexual tension between those two with a plastic butter knife.
 ZeeChef
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2016 4:53:41 PM
My take on this is:
Have you actively tried to keep in touch? I've lost plenty of friends because I stopped contacting them, they never tried to keep in touch, a good way to clean house.
This one is a biggie, have your male friends gotten into a relationship? Many women do not like their partner having female friends, a jealousy/trust issue.
Time is a factor, starting a family, having kids, takes available friendship time away, maybe they are too busy.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Where did all my male friends go?