Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Dinner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 251
view profile
History
No DinnerPage 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

It took about 15-20 minutes for our food to be ready and about another 25-30 minutes to eat. Yes putting the food in the doggy bag could be used as a quick escape for a very bad date.

That's one of the main reasons why I preferred self-serve places such as Sweet Tomatoes, where I could get my food and beverage quickly. I didn't want to wait an awkward 20 minutes for my order to come when I knew in less than five minutes that the man and I weren't a good match.
 ssm508
Msg: 252
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:02:25 PM
^^^^
I had first dates / meetings when I knew fairly quickly there wasn't enough attraction / interest for another date. But I was usually able to have a cordial conversation and make the most of it for about a hour. Then I would move on. I rarely had first dates / meetings that lasted 20-30 minutes or less.
 whiterose0
Msg: 253
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/29/2018 12:08:13 PM

I had first dates / meetings when I knew fairly quickly there wasn't enough attraction / interest for another date. But I was usually able to have a cordial conversation and make the most of it for about a hour. Then I would move on. I rarely had first dates / meetings that lasted 20-30 minutes or less.

I could sit through an hour of conversation with someone if it were just a matter of not enough attraction or common interests. Sometimes there were extenuating circumstances, where the man grossly misrepresented himself, had bad hygiene, said something rude or inappropriate, or turned out to be married. Those were the times I left after 20-30 minutes.

If you've rarely had any dating horror stories where you had to make a quick exit, you're fortunate. Of course, that may be partly because you're much younger than I am, and haven't dated as much.
 ssm508
Msg: 254
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/29/2018 1:51:23 PM
I had a few really bad dates. But usually these dates would start off okay for about the first 30-45 minutes or so. Then it went downhill. One example was having drinks with a woman at a bar. The first round of drinks went smoothly. During the second round of drinks, she said some inappropriate things. I left right after finishing my second and last drink there.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 255
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 12:10:57 AM
^^^oh here's an idea. If I want to get rid of a date and he offers me a drink, instead of smiling and saying I'll just have an orange juice, I'll go into great detail about my allergy to some mysterious ingredient in either beer or all alcohol, and all my stories of breaking out in hives the following day!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 256
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 5:54:13 AM
sounds like it would work...except on some really lonely nerd who would see a chance to nurse someone back to health :)
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 257
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:15:33 AM
If she's that hungry, she can cook and invite me over to impress me with her home style cooking. If it's good enough, I'll take her out for some good BBQ the next time.

I want a woman not a hog with the feed basket on.
 whiterose0
Msg: 258
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:51:06 AM

If she's that hungry, she can cook and invite me over to impress me with her home style cooking. If it's good enough, I'll take her out for some good BBQ the next time.

Surely you jest. You would expect a woman to invite a complete stranger to her home for a first meet?

Just agree to meet for drinks in a public place. You don't have to buy food unless you decide to extend the date.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 259
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:58:29 AM

I hope you're kidding.
What Ms. Rose said.
Also...nice you refer to women as hogs.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 260
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:03:50 AM
" You would expect a woman to invite a complete stranger to her home for a first meet? "
No I'd expect her to meet me for a drink or a beer. But if I am going to be dipping in my wallet down the road, she better be frying up some grub in the kitchen.

"Also...nice you refer to women as hogs."

You haven't met some of the women I have.
 whiterose0
Msg: 261
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 10:33:47 AM

No I'd expect her to meet me for a drink or a beer. But if I am going to be dipping in my wallet down the road, she better be frying up some grub in the kitchen.

There's no reason why you couldn't find a woman who'd be willing to dip into her wallet, as well. There are plenty of them out there.

You look familiar. Do you happen to be from Tennessee?
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 262
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:06:11 AM
"There's no reason why you couldn't find a woman who'd be willing to dip into her wallet, as well. There are plenty of them out there."

There are plenty of women out there, but I haven't met one yet that I'd want to get involved with.

"You look familiar. Do you happen to be from Tennessee?"

Mother is that you spying on me?
If I find out you have been messing around on the tablet I gave you for Mother's Day, I'm canceling your inter net.
 Coma_White
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/30/2018 1:01:00 PM

There's a little walking trail through Dallas that's laden with little bars and restaurants. My "test" is to meet someone for a drink and a short walk on the trail. If they can't even make it a 1/2 mile or so, -- we're not going to be a fit.

Are you testing them because they might be fat and out of shape or because they might not like walking on a trail? I don't get the need for a test. You could just ask them if they like walking or you could just look at them to see if they're out of shape.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/30/2018 3:59:45 PM

Are you testing them because they might be fat and out of shape or because they might not like walking on a trail? I don't get the need for a test. You could just ask them if they like walking or you could just look at them to see if they're out of shape

Yes, I'm testing them for Both -- if they are out of shape AND if they like walking, being active and being outdoors.

At my age, most men are at least a little over weight and/or out of shape. Plus some have medical conditions that don't necessarily show up just by looking. Some men can handle light activity -- some not.

The reason feel the need to test is because not every man is truthful about what he enjoys, and actually does. . Some will tell a woman anything to get her attention.

Also some men live in the past. And are in denial about what they are capable of in the present
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 265
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 6:08:50 PM
LOL, "LoveOnAShip =MrsBlondeAngel" hiding behind Mr BlondeAngel. How clever.
 sun___flower
Msg: 266
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 6:29:34 PM
WhiteRose
You look familiar. Do you happen to be from Tennessee?

Oh mercy. Good eye, WhiteRose.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 267
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 6:47:19 PM
Hahaha! Good grief!
 Coma_White
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/30/2018 6:50:53 PM

Yes, I'm testing them for Both -- if they are out of shape AND if they like walking, being active and being outdoors.

At my age, most men are at least a little over weight and/or out of shape. Plus some have medical conditions that don't necessarily show up just by looking. Some men can handle light activity -- some not.

The reason feel the need to test is because not every man is truthful about what he enjoys, and actually does. . Some will tell a woman anything to get her attention.

Also some men live in the past. And are in denial about what they are capable of in the present

Hell, I'm 38 and most women my age are out of shape and overweight.
Would you have a problem with men secretly testing you?
 calliopedreams
Msg: 269
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:50:06 PM

LoveOnAShip: I want a woman not a hog with the feed basket on.

Boo: Also...nice you refer to women as hogs.

LoveOnAShip: You haven't met some of the women I have.

OMG!!!
Please tell me you did NOT say that ...

I'm trying to resist the easy shot, but it is sooo hard!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 270
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 9:39:44 AM

Hell, I'm 38 and most women my age are out of shape and overweight.

But you do have standards, don't you?

No, because I know that most men do test women in one way or another. We all do. We all want to find out if people are what they say they are. That's the purpose of a meet.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 271
No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 10:03:45 AM
Ladyinred0407
"LOL, "LoveOnAShip =MrsBlondeAngel" hiding behind Mr BlondeAngel. How clever."

sun___flower
" Oh mercy. Good eye, WhiteRose."

browneyesboo
"Hahaha! Good grief!"
--------------------------------------------
Ladies:

I am just as muche of a Mr. Angel than White Rose is that Skies person.
 Coma_White
Msg: 272
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 10:53:03 AM

But you do have standards, don't you?

Yeah, people can say it's superficial to only date thin or athletic people, but I also don't want to be with someone that's going to die young or someone I have to take care of because they could care less about their own health.
 2ufo
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:18:27 AM

Isn't that what dating is all about? Testing how well we fit with each other?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 274
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:24:26 AM
That's pretty much what I'm feeling, too, Coma.

And I know that if I wound up caring for someone on their old age, I could handle it a LOT better if their disability was not something that was caused by their self-neglect.

Plus in the now -- I'm active and outdoorsy. I don't need financial or other help. I am looking for a good companion and activity partner. If they're the sedentary type, we're not a fit.

I want to find out whatever I feel is important as soon as possible. NOT find out that someone is a completely different person that they said they were 6 months later. It's easy enough to see what someone DOES not what they SAY.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Invest in a fleshlight
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:46:54 AM
My suggestion, plan the worst date possible. Put zero effort in. Show up in your pjs. Then you'll know if she only wanted you for food, because there are woman that only want food. Or, stop picking up homeless women.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Dinner