Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Dinner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 51
No DinnerPage 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Peter the Bore is ok with the word Whore.

Are there whores in the Matrix Peter??

WTF?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 52
No Dinner
Posted: 5/29/2016 10:32:59 PM
beyondthematrix- "It's just a word, that's all."
Is that so?
So then you would have no problem with someone calling your sister, mother, or daughter a whore?
You brought them up, so don't get mad for me calling you out on bs.
You know darn well you would be livid if someone said that about the women you love and for you to turn around and support it when it pertains to other women is vile.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 53
No Dinner
Posted: 5/30/2016 5:21:59 AM
Bama - I think Peter wanted to use this as a platform to complain about new immigrants to NZ.
Funny it is " only a word" when if has negative impact towards one gender only
oh yes, everyone is perfectly free to use any words they want *snerk*
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Sir, may i have more?
Posted: 5/30/2016 7:22:15 AM
Funny he's concerned with political correctness--its only words, after all. Why be judgemental about being judgemental, its all just words. sounds emanating from lips, can't hurt a fly, ever. the only time they can ever hurt is if they say the things he doesn't approve of.

I wonder what the Maori said about the British immigrants who came in and made a colony out of NZ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
Sir, may i have more?
Posted: 5/30/2016 9:48:20 AM
"... its all just words. sounds emanating from lips, can't hurt a fly, ever."

This talk about words just being words reminds me of the phrase that adults say to kids:
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But names will never hurt me.
Yet, if that kid was tell the adult who told the phrase that they are full of shit and they are stupid a-holes, I bet the phrase would no longer apply for some reason.
 m14shooter
Msg: 56
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 5/30/2016 11:23:33 PM
I don't just jump right to dinner any more. After a woman who was totally not interested in me stared t her phone texting I quit. She said she was there for the free meal. If we hit it off I will go to dinner with her but would rather not waste the money if there is no interest.
 EatLiftLaugh
Msg: 57
No Dinner
Posted: 5/31/2016 5:42:31 AM
Yes, Canadians are awesome, they are culturally open and relaxed, they are some of the nicest people on the planet. so yes it is different "up there" versus in the USA.

I understand the men getting tired of meeting and PAYING for dinner. I think the answer is: Go on less dates, be more picky. Me personally, I enjoy the company and I don't mind paying - but the key is do not go to somewhere really expensive. Use your instincts. If a girl tells you she has a taste for sushi or steak - to me that's a red flag, she's looking for a free dinner. I'm always impressed when a girl offers to pay half - I've even had girls pay the whole tab which made me want to take them out again and make SURE I pay the next tab.

You just want to avoid the expectation that you are going to pay for everything if you continue to date. Unfortunately there are a lot of women out there that ARE looking for a financially secure provider. And there are financially secure men out there for them.

Don't burn yourself out meeting lots of people for dinner :-) and yes there are other activities. Dinner happens to be one of my favorite options because I am a foodie. Food is important to me, and I need food to be important to the other person.
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 58
No Dinner
Posted: 5/31/2016 3:02:31 PM

Now, I don't know about most of y'all but I meet with someone I find interesting and it takes
me far too long these days... to primp and shave/dress for a night out and look forward to getting to know someone and see if they're
all what they think they are.
Trust me,.....I can cook for myself and sit in my pj's....I go out because I like the company not the food....sheesh.

This is so true. It takes far too long to get ready for dates just to be using the guy for dinner. It's illogical. I think guys (women too) sometimes oversimplify things: She didn't sleep with me, so she just used me for a free meal (that was like $25), I slept with him and now he's being distant, he just just wanted me for sex, etc...
 SayAnything82
Msg: 59
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 5:08:32 AM
Good to see that I'm not only one that thinks dinners on the first date are lame. Letting some one see you eat from across the table should be an intimate thing for a later date. That's just me, I have too many quirks.
 TheRebelYell
Msg: 60
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 8:44:33 AM

Now, I don't know about most of y'all but I meet with someone I find interesting and it takes
me far too long these days... to primp and shave/dress for a night out and look forward to getting to know someone and see if they're
all what they think they are.
Trust me,.....I can cook for myself and sit in my pj's....I go out because I like the company not the food....sheesh.

This is so true. It takes far too long to get ready for dates just to be using the guy for dinner. It's illogical. I think guys (women too) sometimes oversimplify things: She didn't sleep with me, so she just used me for a free meal (that was like $25), I slept with him and now he's being distant, he just just wanted me for sex, etc...

I don't know why it takes so long to get ready. I wouldn't think there was a need to shave your legs and tidy the kitty if you're just meeting for the first time for a meal...unless YOU are planning on a little sack time. Why would it take any longer than getting ready for work in the morning.

And yes, if someone was buying me dinner and I knew I'd have a couple hours of interesting (hopefully) conversation, yes...I would tidy up a bit. But for first meets, even second meets I'm good with meeting for a drink or meeting for coffee and dessert. Keep it simple. Or a take out coffee and a walk.

As for the sex mentioned in the second quote - maybe he/she had sex with you and afterward just wasn't feeling the vibe or chemistry or thought it was worth pursuing. People read too much into this shyt, you agreed to have sex...he/she didn't call after - SO WHAT. You're an adult, be an adult. And really, how many men over 45 actually request/think they will get/demand or even put out on a first meet? Keep in mind, many women put out on a first date too and as attested to in here by more than a few - men are offered sex on a first meet/first date as well.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 61
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 11:10:44 AM

I don't know why it takes so long to get ready. I wouldn't think there was a need to shave your legs and tidy the kitty if you're just meeting for the first time for a meal...unless YOU are planning on a little sack time. Why would it take any longer than getting ready for work in the morning.

I've never understood that, either. Some women are just more high-maintenance than others, would be my guess. I wear minimal make-up and let my curly hair dry naturally. I can get by with little to no shaving, since I'm not a hairy person. Tidy the kitty? Ha Ha Ha!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 62
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 11:10:44 AM

This is so true. It takes far too long to get ready for dates just to be using the guy for dinner. It's illogical.

Did you read somewhere that women are logical?

And besides, who says these women are getting all "dressed up" to go for the dinner anyway?

Even a meal at a Dennys (where you don't need to be all "dressed up") can set you back 25.00 now.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 63
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 11:55:07 AM

I wouldn't think there was a need to shave your legs and tidy the kitty

What do men tidy?
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 64
No Dinner
Posted: 6/2/2016 1:11:18 PM
^^^ What do men tidy? They clean out their wallet and leave the cards and cash at home.

JUST JOKING! Couldn't help myself.
 gtomustang
Msg: 65
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/2/2016 1:19:37 PM
^^^I found it amusing. :)

as for ladies doing the shave-shower and, uh, smile routine, it is summer, and likely wearing shorts. I still remember years ago eating alone at a pub and a waitress had the most wonderful bubble butt and the late afternoon sunlight kept shining off what must have been freshly shaved scissor legs. it does beat meeting The Fly for first-time drinks :)

(i'm just teasing, ladies. no one cares you can raise static electricity while you walk. wear a low cut top, and we won't even notice your eye colour. Problem solved :) ).
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 66
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/2/2016 1:40:08 PM
I could see having a condom on standby but I'd never go to Brazil to impress a gal.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 67
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/2/2016 7:40:11 PM

... a waitress had the most wonderful bubble butt and the late afternoon sunlight kept shining off what must have been freshly shaved scissor legs.

Or, in the words of Neil Young, "I used to order just to watch her float across the floor." Pretty creepy, Neil.

I feel so badly for female servers. I think they must receive more workplace sexual harassment than women in any other profession. I think some men are like, "She smiled at me! And talked to me!! And she wrote down everything I said!!!"
 Ouija2025
Msg: 68
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 5:21:51 AM
^^^^ hahahaha!
You can hear the necks snap and creak as the men of a certain age ogle the server - it is creepy. At least they are winning re getting rid of the sex kitten clothing. Poor young things at Moxies trying to walk in heels and keep their skirt pulled down. Yea I'm old fashioned I think the hem should be longer than one's vagina. :/
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 5:48:57 AM
Alas, the place is too small to have a franchise-mandated uniform (http://www.willimanticbrewingcompany.com/), so she choose herself what she wore. But I get the sentiment, one should choose to wear what they wish, within reason since they represent the establishment. When I was at Catholic school, there was a uniform, but of course some ladies choose to leave a few buttons unbuttoned or choose a shirt a little too tight for their bosom. we just can't save people from themselves :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 70
view profile
History
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 6:03:30 AM

.......................we just can't save people from themselves :)

Damn you, GTO, I just choked on a perfectly good cup of coffee!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 71
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 7:35:41 AM
Maybe she'd settle for a home-cooked meal at your apartment, with frozen chocolate pie for dessert.

Worth a shot.
 south_city
Msg: 72
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 7:37:39 AM

I feel so badly for female servers. I think they must receive more workplace sexual harassment than women in any other profession. I think some men are like, "She smiled at me! And talked to me!! And she wrote down everything I said!!!"

I don't condone harassment. But it cuts both ways. There are women that wear skimpy outfits and go out of their way to flirt with male customers to get extra tips. It may work with some men. But not me though. If the service is mediocre, then she will get a mediocre tip.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 73
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 7:54:46 AM

I've never understood that, either. Some women are just more high-maintenance than others, would be my guess. I wear minimal make-up and let my curly hair dry naturally. I can get by with little to no shaving, since I'm not a hairy person. Tidy the kitty? Ha Ha Ha!

I've known women that took two hours to get ready. Many had to tidy the kitty as well. Or wear some really cool undies.
I've known women that gets ready in 5 minutes and they still look like a million bucks.

So it's all relative.

What I can't stand and I don't condone is tardiness. If a woman, or really anyone wants to take two hours to get ready, I don't care. If she is five minutes late and has not called, I take note. If she is 30 minutes late, the date is off. And in the past, the better looking the woman that pulled this one, the nastier I got.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 74
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 8:12:02 AM
^ And the nastier you got, the more likely she was to remove all her clothing and get down on her knees with her mouth open. It's a crazy, magical world we live in.
 KatieKat260
Msg: 75
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 8:37:40 AM
^^^ You may want to do that but I'm not. I do agree, late once is one thing, more than than once without a call...nope.

And I also agree, the skirt should be longer than the vagina. But the shorter the skirt, the more padding in the bra, the higher the boobies...the more tips. So its a fine edge, if you want to display your wares to garner money...you may have to put up with the odd "love your hair and nice tits" or the no comments and leering. What you don't have to put up with is groping, touching or abuse.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Dinner