Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Dinner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 76
No Dinner, just dessertPage 4 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

If she is 30 minutes late, the date is off. And in the past, the better looking the woman that pulled this one, the nastier I got.

Why would you be nastier to the better-looking woman who's 30 minutes late, versus the plainer one who's 30 minutes late? Is it because you think other men might be filling up her time? Sounds like insecurity to me.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 77
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 6/3/2016 10:32:15 AM

How could anyone sit with a totally stranger and have dinner that you most likely never see again?

Probably because I like food.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 78
No Dinner
Posted: 6/3/2016 10:41:56 AM

Why would you be nastier to the better-looking woman who's 30 minutes late, versus the plainer one who's 30 minutes late?

Possibly the better-looking woman was being wooed with a 5 star experience versus the blue collar experience at Olive Garden?

I'd be pissed if I got all dolled up with a blazer and got the tardy treatment after parking my car in Valet parking, standing there with other single males staring at my smartphone.

A good idea to always choose a venue walking distance to a nightclub for the over 45 crowd.

I can always walk over and get my groove on with the older gals :)
 2ufo
Msg: 79
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 11:00:05 AM

If she is 30 minutes late, the date is off. And in the past, the better looking the woman that pulled this one, the nastier I got.

Why would you be nastier to the better-looking woman who's 30 minutes late, versus the plainer one who's 30 minutes late? Is it because you think other men might be filling up her time? Sounds like insecurity to me.

While not condoning mean, nasty or rude behavior, he might believe that a better-looking woman is running later because she has the arrogance of her beauty or the belief that 'beauty isn't everything, it's the only thing'. A person who runs late is one thing, a person who believes that her/his time is more valuable than anyone else's time BECAUSE s/he is beautiful... well, that deserves a bit of reality. Insecurity? Possibly; but not on his part.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 80
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 11:26:40 AM

While not condoning mean, nasty or rude behavior, he might believe that a better-looking woman is running later because she has the arrogance of her beauty or the belief that 'beauty isn't everything, it's the only thing'. A person who runs late is one thing, a person who believes that her/his time is more valuable than anyone else's time BECAUSE s/he is beautiful... well, that deserves a bit of reality. Insecurity? Possibly; but not on his part.

Believe being the operative word. That belief stems from insecurity on his part. He can choose not to ask out beautiful women in the first place if he feels that way about them. Problem solved.
 LGL1975
Msg: 81
view profile
History
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/3/2016 7:00:21 PM
"Dinner whoring" is a very vulgar term. I think this is similar to men being "friend zoned". Some women enjoy men's company without being interested in them physically and when things don't move further the man feels used.
 gtomustang
Msg: 82
imagine what the fortune cookie says
Posted: 6/4/2016 6:26:30 AM
"And the nastier you got, the more likely she was to remove all her clothing and get down on her knees with her mouth open."

>>>hopefully on the third date. If she did this on the first date, then there's something actually wrong with her.

were I to get nasty, she wouldn't be on her knees, but her mouth would be open...in shock.

still, I figure its a good idea to make the first few dates a place i'd want to go. so if they are late, I can still enjoy where I am. and yes, if the food is good, I could eat with a stranger. actually if I ate alone at more bars than tables, I would be doing this already.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/4/2016 6:35:04 AM
If you dont want to take a woman out to dinner, then dont ask her out to dinner. Simple. It isnt right to refer to her as a whore because she accepted your offer. What would you call her if she went home with you at the end of the night? Smh.
 2ufo
Msg: 84
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/4/2016 7:00:28 AM

Believe being the operative word. That belief stems from insecurity on his part.

Belief comes from different factors - for example, experiences, background, culture, social awareness.
Insecurity is not always on that list.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2016 7:28:59 AM

when a woman demands dinner

From irishgirl772: a page or two back.

How does a woman demand dinner? You could always so 'No'

From myself a page or two back:

Most often I was asked, "Where would you like to meet?" /"Can I take you to dinner?"
My reply, "Somewhere, halfways, and yes that would be lovely."

The operative word being, "ASKED"

From irishgirl772: this page.

If you dont want to take a woman out to dinner, then dont ask her out to dinner. Simple

EASY PEASEY! Goodness gracious, that was SIMPLE!

I know, I know. It is so much more satisfying to point the finger at women and blame us for being hungry and wanting to enjoy a meal cooked by someone else. ?"Meal whore"? "Dinner whore"? If you're hungry, ask, go. If not, don't.

By golly I wanna' meet a "Breakfast Whore". Who knows what that might look like? Bed head?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/4/2016 9:10:40 AM
Judging from the morality lesson in the other thread, I need to wait until the 3rd date to invite y'all to dinner.

Sorry, we're gonna have to go the Starbucks > Drinks > Dinner route from now on.

Fortune cookie say...Man who go to bed with itchy bottom wake up with smelly finger.
 gtomustang
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/4/2016 9:41:16 AM
mine always say, "man who go to bed with sexual frustration, wake up with s0lution in hand"
 south_city
Msg: 88
No Dinner
Posted: 6/4/2016 10:56:05 AM
It doesn't have to be dinner. It can be a woman that expects a man to buy things for her in exchange for her company. One example. I went to mini golf on a first date. I paid for it. The second date was at a bar. I paid for that as well. The third date was dinner and movies. When the bill for dinner came, I said I would pay for dinner and you can buy the movie tickets. ( BTW the dinner was more expensive than the movie tickets ) After that, her tone changed. Although she did buy the movie tickets, I could tell she wasn't happy. The next day I got the "we're not a match" text.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 89
No Dinner
Posted: 6/4/2016 11:00:27 AM
^^^
A WOW ME! girl.

She wasn't feeling it and made it a slow death.

Bummer...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 90
No Dinner
Posted: 6/4/2016 11:26:39 AM
well not sure mini golf is wow me ( unless you can beat the windmill)
guess there really is no free lunch/dinner
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 91
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/4/2016 12:42:31 PM

Belief comes from different factors - for example, experiences, background, culture, social awareness.
Insecurity is not always on that list.

Not always, but if someone paints an entire group of people with the same brush, in his case, "Beautiful Women", it likely stems from insecurity due to some negative experiences he's had with a few beautiful women who were vain, self-absorbed, or felt their time was more valuable than his. However, those same traits could just as easily be found in a plainer woman.

In fact, a plainer woman might have to spend even more time primping and getting ready for a date than a naturally beautiful woman would to make herself look good. Why should she get better treatment for being 30 minutes late than the beautiful gal? Makes no sense to me.

If you had a few bad experiences with a certain group of men, let's say "men over 6 feet tall", you wouldn't assign negative characteristics to that entire group of men, and treat them worse than shorter men for the same offenses, would you?
 LuvFishes
Msg: 92
No Dinner
Posted: 6/5/2016 9:09:32 PM
Wow I've NEVER had a meet/drink date ever. It's either a meal, activity, or us cooking together. Had two dates from Hell oooo and only maybe one others just didn't want to go out again. He kept looking at himself in a pocket/comb mirror.
Relationships I feel stem from friendship, attracted to the opposite sex, finding common pursuits, willing to explore new activities and going outside the box with dates. Jet Ski's date, Sailing, Museum/Dinner event, picnic, fire on the beach (picnic), participating in charity event together, BBQ, Art Event, Book reading/signing, Helicopter ride, Festival, a few dinners, going to winery, Movie in the park and each brought snacks/drink. and went for a late, late dinner. But then I've never rushed to instantly meet except for once and that turned out to be serious sexual release of both of us... LOL
And I never expect him to pay but they do. If we date, I will reciprocate on another day. It's never been an issue. I appreciate his efforts in surprising me and we have each others undivided attention to get to know each other. I also am not a serial dater (one who sets dates up like appointments). If your seeing me, I'm interested.
 hemingway234
Msg: 93
view profile
History
No Dinner
Posted: 6/6/2016 1:01:20 PM
It does not matter where in public you meet. Just don't spend much, it weeds out the golddigers.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 94
No Dinner
Posted: 6/6/2016 1:16:39 PM

guess there really is no free lunch/dinner

I'm having a free dinner tomorrow night.

Financial seminar at a waterfront restaurant.

No obligation.

Third dinner seminar in the last 5 weeks.
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 95
No Dinner
Posted: 6/6/2016 9:31:49 PM
I don't want to go to dinner with a stranger any more than he wants to spend money on taking me to dinner. I believe in short first meets, and you can always extend it if things are going well.

All it takes is one dinner with someone who doesn't know how to hold a conversation, and you realize dinners are bad for first meets.
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish
Msg: 96
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/7/2016 5:22:11 PM

What I can't stand and I don't condone is tardiness. If a woman, or really anyone wants to take two hours to get ready, I don't care. If she is five minutes late and has not called, I take note. If she is 30 minutes late, the date is off. And in the past, the better looking the woman that pulled this one, the nastier I got.

Regardless of her looks, things do happen in life to women dating that can legitimately cause the to be late: traffic, car problems, getting lost, cell phone battery dying (therefor she cannot call or test u to tell u she is running late), kids getting sick, overtime at job, etc.

The better looking woman should not be the recipient of the nastier. I've seen pix of ur fiancée, IG, even w/o being made up, she is stunning/stellar looking. Do you think she would deserve a man being nasty w/ her bec. she had a legitimate reason for tardiness?
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 97
view profile
History
No Dinner, just dessert
Posted: 6/8/2016 8:03:52 PM
For my first dates, I always did a coffee "fly-by". I always insisted on a quick 15 minute meet in a public coffee shop just to do an initial meet and greet and see if the lady was honest about her pics and whether there was some initial chemistry before I even thought of a dinner date or something more involved.

Its amazing how many dishonest people are out there.

Many of my "fly-bys" terminated any further relationship right then and there. Its a great filter and you definitely don't get suckered into paying for an expensive dinner just to realize things won't go anywhere further.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Poverty stricken men shouldn't be dating
Posted: 6/8/2016 9:09:17 PM
silverhawk_tkn said
Its amazing how many dishonest people are out there.

Your profile says you're just here for the forums but it also says "Intent: Silverhawk_tkn is looking for a relationship."

So which is it seeing as how you're the bastion of honesty?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/8/2016 9:23:26 PM
^^^
When was your last date again sweety?

Playing CSI again?
 gtomustang
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/9/2016 5:02:07 AM
does that stand for Can't See It?